DIY Projects

What little model/real size projects can a Britfag work on?

Understanding I can make things like the lightning link and they should be legal, bit I'm a mechanical engineer and just want a couple of machining projects that are legal. Any ideas?

Pic related, when I confirm if legal

Attached: model.jpg (500x500, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forgottenweapons.com/need-a-gunsmithing-project/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who gives a shit if it's legal?

Make a Luty machine gun.

IDK about britfags but owning the picture in America makes you a felon unless you're a dealer

Lol, Luty is not proper machining at all. Serious respect and I love him but it's not my calibre.

Really? What happened to 1st Amendment protections for educational and informative purposes?

And here it seems if it's not a pressure containing part it's fine but there is a legal case about if it affects the function of the firearm which could obviously affect these.

>I'm a mechanical engineer
>asking Jow Forums for advice on what to make
Be honest, you're not making shit.

>don't have time to sift through multiple manuals for handy wee projects
>asking if anyone else has made some fun ones

what's so difficult? if i wasn't a real mech eng i would ask how to make, but i know how to make anything, it's just what things TO make

Make a giant training cutaway of an M1919

Attached: 1919cutaway.jpg (1000x476, 56K)

Saw a cool video of one but holy crap is that a lot of work lol. Serious steel required, have it like but was thinking in the max 3" cubes territory.

Make a better luty then

> machining projects that are legal.

if it is a training cutaway, you could just do what JMB did and build initial prototype out of wood (not that he did with that particular model so far as I know, but he did in his Utah days, because it allowed him to have a 3d model of the gun without having to mill steel)

I wonder what the UK would do if someone made an AK or something with all of the milled components made out of, say, walnut.

I don't work with wood at all, even aluminium is a struggle despite other mech eng's liking it for easy machinability. Probably screw me hard though, 'Walnut is a pressure containing material meaning this is a viable firearm your honour'.

No, it absolutely doesn't. The fucking ATF has on their website a guide to making Glock sears, literally saying 'hey don't do EXACTLY THIS' buried in all the bullshit.

Build a historically accurate RC model tiger tank, and a Cromwell at 1/16th scale.

Chill with the model building community, and then stick a BB, laser or foam dart launcher on the main gun, and do mock battles like the RC ships.

Or make an RC battleshipthat can shoot and be sunk repeatedly

Fun for some but boring for me. I like working with steel parts, purely mechanical, forget RC or electronics etc lo. Even a lightning link model is entertaining to me.

honestly man after seeing what is and is not too hard for you to do, it seems you are pretty flaky/ wishy washy on actually bucking down and doing something hard. If you just want something flashy or cool, why not build a better blender, or some normal day to day item that is a POS. Use a washing machine motor on it and add in a step up gearing to increase the RPM, or a higher end electric tool motor. Most blenders are shit and could be better.

Creating a working caterpillar system of tracks and transmission would be really cool, and easy as you only need to design a track that wont throw itself.

You could make a sheet metal engine that runs, one cylinder or two. Two stroke or four, maybe 5 if you are an asshole. Could make a really simple flywheel hit and miss engine.

You could build a rotor and stator, and make a very nice electrical induction motor, or hybrid DC. look up the effect of using many small magnets vs 1 big one, its a named effect. works good.

I mean. Just dont be a chav about it, go out and do it right if you know you can.

If you want something that is Jow Forums related, why not a robot combat thing. Maybe something like a pinching hydraulic reciprocator with a wax piston or something ridiculous.

What?
I have a lathe and milling machine, welder that sort of thing. Why would I care about a blender? I don't go out on the weekend to blend.

Engine's, I've enough honda 4-6hp engines floating around, already made a go kart and use the rest to power compressors.

>tracks - too much design for a simpe project

again, i'm a a mech eng who enjoys firearm mechanism. I appreciate what you're on about, I do want to build an LS1 powered MG down the line but it's just not a current project.

Consider making a No.1 MkIII*. An historic weapon for you Brits, and the blueprints are easily obtainable through the firearms museum in Leeds. However, the only thing I've done is make a 3D model, not an actual rifle. You'll need to design the jigs yourself if you're bent on having something physical.

>under 3" of material
>legal to mill
Replica of the average bong's erect penis.

forgottenweapons.com/need-a-gunsmithing-project/

could be interesting

How hard would one of those glock selectors actually be to make? Couldn't be that hard, right?

Gib link for educational purposes.

LINK FAGGT

Its funny that those are legal in Canada. Just illegal to use.

I wonder as CNC controlled machines keep coming down in price what's stopping someone from scanning in the blue prints of a M1919 and making thousands of them? Or any other gun for that matter.

My nigga

Your only a fellon if you get caught harry

You can own the picture. . . Just not the device shown in the picture.

For now.