What gun should I make next?

As of right now I'm making a normal AR-15, just to get a taste of this whole gun building thing. I've found it to be quite fun and am looking on what else to build after I'm done with it.

I was thinking of making an AK-47 (AKM) after this, but I heard that it'd be much cheaper if I just buy the entire AK. (Haven't checked to make sure yet, so feel free to let me know if the info I got is true or not.)

Ok now onto the rules:
1. It can be any type of gun, shotgun, pistol, you name it.
2. Making the gun is not too costly on me. ($700 budget.)
3. The gun I'm making is effective.
4. The gun is fine under Washington state law.

And that's about it, am looking forward for your recommendations, thanks.

Attached: its-diy-ar15-intro-4.jpg (700x480, 72K)

If your he’ll bent on “making” it yourself you could try an 80% glock lower to go with your new AR. Otherwise it’s had to say what your collection is lacking without knowing what you have.

This AR-15 I'm working one is the only gun I have. I have nothing else other than a few knives and some bb/pellet guns.

It's important to consider the difference between assembling a gun (glock, AR-15), assembling and fitting a gun (1911) and building a gun (AK).
Not to downplay your AR build, but the hardest parts of assembling an AR-15 is drifting pins and turning wrenches, it doesn't take much in the way of tools or space, and overall its very economical to do.
Building a custom Glock or 10/22 will be of similar difficulty and let you play with a wealth of OEM parts just like with the AR-15, they are both a lot of fun and would be reasonable next steps after building an AR. Making an AK is a different beast entirely, assuming you start with a bent and cut receiver, you are still going to have to install multiple parts with rivets, and reasonably you are going to need a fairly powerful press which will put you out several hundred dollars and a decent amount of space.

Ahh alright, sorry for my ignorance. Thanks.

Make a Mauser-actioned rifle- or more properly, put one together. You get a Mauser action (new, used, whatever's cheap), and screw on a barrel in the appropriate caliber (I'm picking a Mauser action because it's fairly easy and lots of spare parts are available). Finish ream it if it is not already fully chambered. Use some go/no-go/field gauges in the process to make sure it will have correct headspace. If it doesn't already have sights mounted, mount sights. Then put on a stock (used, new, whatever) and bed it.

To mount the barrel you'll need an action wrench and a barrel vice, some rosin, some anti-seize grease. For adding sights, check out the Midway videos on youtube for further instructions. Same goes for bedding the stock.

If you hunt around gunshows you should be able to get everything for under $700 or so.

Make an uzi nigga. I'll have mine completed for a little more than $600

Attached: 20181117_145123.jpg (4032x3024, 3.23M)

The bit I left out was if you do all that and your rifle has headspace that is out of spec. This is when you'll have to consult some gunsmithing boards, read some books, or talk to some local gunsmiths. The nice thing is that Midway has a lot of vids that walk you through the trickier bits.

Hijacking OP's threade. I have 2 glock 80% frames (G19 gen3) and one AR 80% lower. Which should I complete first? Only gun I own so far is a shitty little .22 tube mag rifle.

hello fellow WA Jow Forumsommandofag
buy one of those black powder pistols kits and make anime grips for it.

go to the QTDDTOT man.

>I assembled an AR15 from 100% predone parts
vs
>AK47 - Properly prepped a kit, pressed out barrel bits, got the 80% receiver correct, riveted trunnions,, welded rails, popped new barrel in, and head spaced correctly.
Do as this user said. Try a 80% Glock, 10/22, or an AR. If you can do that correctly, move on up to an AK

AK's suck. If you ever do get one, you'll want an AK pistol. A 16" 7.62x39 is around 2,300 FPS, 11" is 2,100 FPS and 7.5" will be around 1,950 FPS. It's a good cartridge for short barrels, get one of the SLR Rifleworks handguards. Those handguards look so good, that I'm buying a Draco just to use it.

Attached: M92onwhite.png (1215x470, 184K)

No u

dude you dont know that the fuck you're talking about post your ak.

Nothing at all to be sorry about, just revealing why so many people assemble AR-15s from parts but someone building an AK is much less common.

What ak kit is worth considering for a build? I have all the tools I would need to put one together and could fairly easily build the jigs to help with assembly.

A pair of underhammer percussion duelling pistols

I am about to build an AR but I am fairly new to guns. Any tips? I am currently wondering what barrel length to get. What did you build/are building exactly and why? If you don't mind the time I would like to know specifics.

Not him, but it all depends on application, not to mention caliber preference. What do you want to do with it? Plink, hunt, prep, survival, home defense, what?

Home defense and survival. I will bring it to the range sometimes of course to practice.

>As of right now I'm making a normal AR-15
>This AR-15 I'm working on

Kek
>had stripped lower, MBUS, and mags
>Ordered a heavybarrel, 16" midlength AR from Del-Ton, assembled in about an hour and a half.

Build a different upper for your AR, since you'll be able to

A: Save the money you would have spent on a lower on better parts
B: Actually use the damn thing

Figure out what you like/dislike with your current setup. Want to move to longer range? Get a nice, 20" fluted bull barrel and free-float it. Want to optimize for SHTF? Buy an 11.5" pencil barrel to save weight and weld a 5.5" flash hider to it.

Go 16". Good compromise between accuracy and weight. You also have the versatility of keeping your barrel threaded, so you can attach muzzle devices to it.

I too had the urge to make a gun but I chose to go the AR-10 route because of "muh DMR." It's been 10 months, $1,700, and I'm still quite far off from having a working gun. So don't build an AR-10, just don't.