The only man to win in Afghanistan

Still the last man standing. I thought militaries and their success rates were supposed to improve but it seems all of the world's militaries still cannot out perform the Mongolians of Genghis Khan.

No one learned anything from the ONE success story.

Attached: Genghis_Khan.png (598x302, 299K)

Winning in Afghanistan would be easy if your ROE was kill every human that isn't in your force.

Why don't countries do this anymore? Its so pathetic what people call wars now.

Attached: 1478720241701.gif (400x306, 1.99M)

Enlighten me,
what could a modern force adopt from Genghis Khan's victory from 900 years ago?

Genghis had the right idea

Small horses and dubious dairy products maybe

Wouldn't he essentially let places he conquered go on according to their own culture as long as they paid tribute and gave some soldiers to his army?

what about alexander?

Not really much, he mainly had a massive but highly mobile horde with competent sub-leaders and superior arrow tech (mongol compound bow ftw)

That and as pointed out, he let the countries he conquer go own as they would, unless they fucked with him in which case he slaughtered them down to the last down syndrome baby

There's a lot of things really, but I believe the main one was Khan's doctrine of overwhelming force. Word would get around that the villages who resisted the Mongols would be pillaged, their women raped, and their men slaughtered. Those who weren't hostile were free to carry on their regular lives for the most part.

Today we have treaty obligations against civilian casualities and collective punishment. His wisdom isn't un-noted though.
"I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all."

Yup. Alexander BTFO all of Bactria a long time before Ghengis.

cheeto man btfo by a mongolians

One of the best parts of Islamic History during the Mongol invasions was when they stormed Baghdad(?). They wanted to kill the caliph, but they were afraid of having a supernatural disaster happen to them if they spilt royal blood. One of the Islamic LTs said this wouldn't happen as it didn't happen before.

The Mongols wanted to be safe, so they wrapped the Caliph in a rug and trampled him to death with their horses.

>The only man to win in Afghanistan

Except for Alexander
Darius I of Persia
Mahmud of Ghazni
The Graceo-Bactirans
The Mauryans
Indo-Saka
Kushans
Sassanians
Muslims
Tamerlane
Nadir fucking Shah

The Afghans have only "Destroyed" two empires (maybe we'll see America be the third): Soviet Union and the Safavids. And the Safavids were destroyed by Afghans invading into Iran, not Iranians invading into Afghanistan. The Afghans invaded into India, smashed the Marathis at Panipat and yet the marathis had another 50 years of growth and were only smashed by the Brits.

dont destroy my childish anti Americanism

Because you are stupid and still in highschool.

>Nadir fucking Shah
my nigga knows about nadir shah. damn

>thought militaries and their success rates were supposed to improve
How the fuck would that work, you idiot?
For every military engagement with one victorious party, there is another party that is defeated.

>A bunch of people who didn't live a fucking ocean away from the Afghans managed to beat the Afghans in a time where it wasn't illegal to burn cities to the ground and slaughter the entire population

What a twist!

Because that literally was never the point of wars and even Genghis Khan didn't do it if he didn't need to, only doing it if there was actually a point

Wars aren't for randomly killing people, they're for achieving a political goal

What said.

Nadir did nothing wrong, Mughals fucking deserved it

Quick rundown on Nadir? Never heard about him, but he sounds like an absolute fucking unit.

But at some point, having a population in the conquered country just isn't worth the trouble.

Imagine, an EMPTY Afghanistan!

I think he used to be the king of Afghanistan, or I am thinking about Zahir shah.

Logically, historically and as mentioned, the point would be winning the war. Instead of you know, losing.

>Ghengis Khan was the only person to win in Afghanistan
OP you're such a fucking brainlet have you ever heard of Alexander the great

If you murder everyone all you win is sand and rocks.
the people need to comply to generate a benefit to you. Also it's pretty fucking hard to wipe people out if you didn't know. Khan might be one of the only people to manage such a feat but these days it's impossible no matter what the wehraboos say.

Attached: 1507282711382.jpg (540x581, 52K)

He won so hard the place was called Bactria for centuries after he died. It was actually a center of civilization until the Mongols came along, permanently depopulating and deurbanizing the people. they still aren't as many or as urbanized.

>no one learned anything
story of the human race

What would the US gain from a depopulated Afghanistan? Absolutely nothing

Expansion room.

Here's how any conquest should go.

>Hey we are invading.
>ROE: If it's brown, it's down.
>As land is secured offer heavily discounted or subsidized land to colonists. Favouring ex military especially. But otherwise encourage those of enterprising spirit. Maybe also deport convicts.
>These colony's are supported by the military but self sufficiency is encouraged.
>Any surviving locals are not to be aided or traded with but must be shot on sight. >A bounty will be paid by the military.
>Eventually declare the newly conquered territory its own state and enter it into the Union with full proportionate representation.
>Rinse and repeat until you have United the world.

There are technologies now. Did you see the video about the little drones which fire shaped charges into foreheads?

But seriously, my new idea is accumulative nerve toxins. Drones come spraying over towns, nothing happens, no-one thinks anything of it but after a while seems more people in hospital than normal and by the end of the year everyone in you province is doing the shake.

Nadir or Nader Shah (if I remember correctly) was a general or cheif of the army serving one of the Persian dynasties after the fall of the Safavids, he ended up getting himself crowned shah after the shah he served under died of (assumidly) natural causes.

Before this he also fucking raped the Afghans into submission after which invaded the Ottomans which resulted in fucking zero territorial changes. He did, however, mess up their army pretty bad. After he became shah he decided to invade the Mughals (giant islamic caliphate in India) and he absolutely raped them. He also did a lot more up untill that point but as far as I know these were the bigger events in his life.

This is mostly just from memory and a quick skim through of the wikipedia page though so take it with a grain of salt, this isnt exactly /his/ now is it?

Pic related, he got himself a statue after fucking up the Ottomans in western Iran. Still no major territorial changes though. Keep in mind that it was after 1683 so the ottomans were basically useless in combat against pretty much anyone.

Attached: Nader_Shah_Statue_in_Mashhad.jpg (3504x2107, 3.19M)

Nigger the US already has an issue with having to much land that noone wants to live in that all requires large amounts of infrastructure to be traversible, what the fuck does the US need to own Afghanistan for, the US would be better off just getting opium and minerals from Afghanistan through trade.

>If you murder everyone, all you win is sand and rocks.
That's fine, if you're there for minerals

>Also it's pretty fucking hard to wipe people out... these days it's impossible no matter what the wehraboos say.
No, it's hard to fight an insurgency while carefully avoiding collateral damage and deaths. If your goal is simply complete depopulation, that's actually quite easy with today's tech.

How many people would the US lose in the process? Would it be worth it?

Who will mine the minerals if there's no one living there, life isn't HOI4 or Victoria 2

>A bloo bloo bloo we was robbed of victory
You lost. The Soviets had no such compulsions and lost too. Maybe its time to leave the goat fuckers to their own hobbies. You never learn.

No humans on minesites these days boomer, machines do the work

Attached: ETF-D4_siteview_on_haul.jpg (3840x2160, 653K)

You still need people to work machinery, this is like when people see we should just "Kill all the spics" while completing ignoring that without migrant workers US Agriculture would immediately collapse

Don't have to lose many at all.

>Level any population centre. Airstrike any group of people greater than five.
>Move in and secure defensible positions suitable for colonization.
>Build from scratch. Shoot any locals you see and deny them access to resources
>Open bounty encourages freelance and corporate bounty Hunters to track down and eliminate the rest. With access to military CAS under pressing circumstances.

You people seem to forget ours is a nation built by settlers. Brave folk given a shot at land and whatever prosperity they could make with their own two hands.

Besides look at all the infrastructure the US poured into Afghanistan already? Now imagine if it's actually maintained, used and not blown up all the time.

And on top of all this, Afghanistan has a good resource: farming. Heroin and Weed can be produced there en masse. Think about the pharmaceutical wealth that represents. That's the only real reason the US was there anyway.

And that's not even talking about farming more generally legal crops. AND it being strategically important. Being on the doorstep of Russia, China, India and the Middle East.

I'm not saying Afghanistan is a prize pig. I'm just saying my method of culling and colonization would work anywhere your poor underclass is willing to move, for a shot at the American dream.

If people want to LARP as an old timey settler setting new land they can already just immigrate to Africa or Latin America (which is what people do on occasion) the majority of the US population wouldn't be willing to pack up all their shit to live in Afghanistan

>drones w/ shaped charges
That was literally fiction created to scare people into thinking that drones were the next WMD.

Mate are you serious?

Attached: More expensive but less flanel shirts.jpg (630x447, 184K)

About as realistic as nuclear powered cars

They're literally already in use.

Fucking this.

Why don't the countries of the world that the middle east has wronged, just steamroll over the middle east Genghis Khan and William T. Sherman style?
It could be done in a matter of months and the entire country's resources split up evenly amongst the victors.
Two birds one giant stone, and radical Muslims are damn near wiped off the historical map for a good 500 or more years.

Attached: Do It Again.jpg (1200x1539, 758K)

Because that method would be detrimental to american interests worldwide.

Oh look a self-hating cuck who tacitly admits he thinks his precious beanlets should be a slave class and has deluded himself into thinking he is a good person.

Yeah, in reality if you wanted to do war crimes with drones you'd put powerful laser pointers on them and have them permanently blind people. Not one time use, doesn't need to get close and just a couple could blind a whole crowd.

Yeah imagine the ski resorts we could develop in afghanistan. There are many pictures I see that remind me a lot of the sierra mountains I live in.

Unfortunately the snow isn't particularly good and the season isn't particularly long. All the good skiing is on the seaward side of the Himalayas, not the desert side.

Which have existed for literal decades.

Fuck off globalist trash

so have you and youre fucking useless

>manifest destiny Mk.II
>Globalism
Yeah, nah.
Still, that idea is fucking stupid. We don't need more barely arable land with questionable mineral deposits. What the hell are we gonna do with it once it's mined out?

And your excuse is?

Buy, recruit and take advice from China

>Alexander
>starting off anywhere near Afghanistan

>imperial expansion
>globalism
Boi if you ain’t retarded.

Why are we not deporting prisoners (lifers and felons, and anyone who volunteers) to Afghanistan to start anew in penal cities?
Afghanistan 2025 - The American Australia

Nobody is going to want to be friends with the babymurderers

Why is middle and near east history so complicated?
>name ressemble each other
>almost always an honorific name anyway
>historian liked this guy so he named it after another dude he liked, still an honorific
>yes sirs this chronicle is factual trust me
>written 500 years after
>contemporary didn't like the local boss
>write daily mail tier things about him, which are then taken at face value by clueless foreign historian

And Babur

this was something the mongols did to kill anyone they believed had royal blood.
this or death by spine breaking

Alexander lived really fucking far away from Afghanistan

Forget completely automated, you could pay Americans to go over there and work as contractors and it would still be cheaper if you didn't have to factor in the security costs because all of the hostile locals were dead.