Dumbest thing you've seen at a range

So let's talk about the dumbest thing we've seen happen at a gun range
For me it was when an AK normie at the firing position next to mine rage out over the fact that his reproduction AKM didn't cycle properly

Attached: 1452898627337.png (632x492, 89K)

I haven't seen anything retarded at my range unless the owner's fuddlore counts.

Fuddlore counts for sure

I saw a guy unironically shooting a hipoint sideways. He attached sights on the side of the slide. I was both horrified and amazed at the same time.

fat greasy kid wearing an ushanka at a public range. dutch tourists flagging each other. silhouette targets not allowed unless private range.

>Fat greasy kid wearing a ushanka
That's a definite first and I've seen people throw their precious MP40s down range over a failure to cycle

Attached: 1545523487489.gif (352x264, 1.99M)

Crikey!

That's why we never let LARPers touch guns

>be me, age 16
>small county sheriff deputy father
>dad regularly wins marksman of the year w steep competition from a few other deputies
>dad becomes de facto firearms instructor, genuinely cares about other cops' techniques and accuracy even though there is a dedicated instructor that just tries to get people to pass minimum standards
>I'm a better shot and qualify with a higher score than 90% of the sheriff's office

I saw so many shitty shooters while at the range:
>hot parole officer whos hubby bought her a brand new AR, she had no clue how iron sights worked.
>a couple of of fat fuck jail employees who carried revolvers because they didnt know how semiauto pistols worked
>cops with $800+ pistols with no clue about how to shoot/maintain them

I guarantee 60% of Jow Forumsommandos are more proficient than their local law enforcement simply by visiting this board and watching youtube videos.

Attached: 1485751567740.gif (1070x216, 3.75M)

Can't... argue with that, damn it!

Okay, well yesterday I saw the owner informing some guys who had never been shooting and were renting suppressed handguns that if you shoot steel case it will strip the rifling in one shot and that you've got a 50/50 chance of the gun exploding.

Attached: 1519101879018.png (286x496, 234K)

Wait, how does stripping the rifling make the gun explode

>explode
What

>silhouette targets not allowed
You can thank the NRA for that. Our range specifically gave the middle finger to the NRA over this.

it either fires and strips the rifling or it ftf's and blows up
He goes on tirades about steel case and told me he would confiscate all my ammo if he saw even one steel case round anywhere.
The rest of his staff is cool as fuck though.

Your guesses are as good, as mine.
*shrug*

Cops win like 85% of their 1v1 gunfights... Close to 100 when it's multiple v 1.

A kommando would shit a purple twinkie under real stress, and most of you train by standing in one spot and shooting a stationary target. That's a horrific thing to do to your muscle memory.

Riight, because COD is a true to life marksmanship simulator. We would all be running and hipfiring just like we do afganistan.

He's just perpetuating fuddlore because he's a brass jew.

>win like 85% of their 1v1 gunfights
>[citation needed]

Shooting unarmed teenagers doesn’t count towards their KD.

That's because they usually fight niggers.

Heh, sorry, """teens""" that are definitely totally unarmed and not violent at all.

Let us never forget the Halcyon Days of the "Halo Hump", desu.

Once saw a 120 year old Boomer fudd spaz out over a kid picking a 9mm over a 45 rental to see what he likes at the range I go to

clear and sunny winter day, was alone at a public range with a friend, group of younger people pull up. two guys and a girl, one in a sweater vest the other in a fedora, the girl had a lace parasol. They tell us they are gonna shoot a propane tank with a shotgun and film it for youtube so we might wanna leave or get somewhere safe.

"Hold my beer"

Cops get royally fucked when the suspect they’re shooting at isn’t a nagger or spic that’s bailing out of the car while shooting at them with a hi point and not aiming. Anyone with a little bit of training could effectively 1 on 1 a cop

And? Did you leave? Did they shoot the tank?

Come on user don't end with a cliffhanger

user don't end with a cliffhanger

>watching Miami swat or some shit.
>two armored vehicles and a platoon of men with heavy armor and weapons to drag an unarmed low level drug dealer out of his shitty ghetto house.
>so brave such dangerous

I get cops in less rich districts do more with less but come on at a certain point stomping on poor uneducated niggers with wildly superior numbers and equipment stops being anything impressive.

I saw a latino gentleman crouch down with an AK facing away from the target, hold the gun over his head, and start shooting backwards. I laughed at him, and he complained to the range officer that I was bullying him. The range officer laughed at him even harder.

Attached: lols.jpg (640x360, 46K)

Ah yes the challenging gunfight of shooting unarmed people in the back and dogs

Guy comes to range. Walks past massive billboard proclaiming safety rules and PAPER TARGETS ONLY

>Proceeds to place 3 gongs up down range
>Advise him it's paper targets only
>He says thanks but he's been here before he knows what he is doing

>Walk away, call the game warden, ticketed and told to leave
Gg faggot. The reason we don't allowed steel targets is because the range is near a running water source and we've been cited in the past for high lead toxicity. People like him don't understand the consequences of slinging lead near water.

>Other retarded thing I've seen
Guy comes and shoots a perfectly legal rifle.
>Gets cited for having an illegal rifle
He lives in New York. Shooting at a range in Pennsylvania. Got cited for an illegal rifle because his magazine wasn't pinned and his ID is New York. That shit is fucking cancer, homie.

Proficiency doesn't directly relate to using your gun for defense against a human. It relates to how well you can operate the gun under controlled conditions.

Longpostboi is still wrong though. Dudes here like slinging lead and having niche weapons and getting into arguments online.

Cops either buy a gun or get one issued, and practicing under the conditions their departments mandate, for the sole purpose of not dying on the street in immediate high stress life threatening danger. They train in groups and solo for the sole purpose of placing rounds on target first and are totally unconcerned with MOA. Getting shot is getting shot IRL and if you can hit a regular piece of stock paper, you're making kill shots.

You're not understanding the complications properly. A patrol unit will NEVER go to a location knowing an aggressive suspect has barricaded himself in with guns.

There will always be a special response unit to help.

Just because two cops kill two dudes who randomly pulled guns on the street doesn't mean the accomplished more with less. It means they fucking survived.

>live in a very big city thats very cultured
>go to local range with good reviews
>as I sign my release of liability form I see about 5 upstanding citizens walk in
>mumble damnit under my breath, cashier hears it and giggles
>I spend about 10 mins shooting and notice a horrendous smell
>It straight up smells like a landfill in here
>out of nowhere, a deafening concussive wave blasts my ears
>I look to my left
>tyjerious johnson mag dumping a draco
>and his bucktooth ugly fucking "cuzzo" was recording him while yelling "AYY YUH WE OUT HERE (unintelligable)"
>dumbfuck lights up the ceiling
>chunks of ceiling falling down
>RO screams out "CEASE FIRE"
>upstanding citizens finish their current mag dump, and one of them is attempting to rack in the drum mag but somehow cant
>RO gets right behind them and tells them to cease fire
>"mane the fuck you tellin us we cant shoot"
>RO points at a well ventilated ceiling, and a camera that got shot out, and the electronic target mover got lit up too
>RO gets even more mad when he sees steel cased 762 on the ground
>"Mane you are a raysis ass cracka messin wit us an nobody else doo"
>*visible confusion on RO's face
>"sir, you guys have to leave"
>all of them start getting real heated, yelling, ooking and eeking, and that weird clapping thing black people do when they get mad
>you know the "DONT (clap) YOU (clap) TELL (clap) ME (clap)" you get my point
>RO tells everyone else to leave
>police arrive
>RO points to where the upstanding citizens reside in the shooting area, and hands police their IDs (you have to check them in to shoot)
>cop takes licenses back to car and runs them for warrants
>Of course theres warrants for all of them
>multiple cops show up
>all run inside shooting area and arrest the poor future lawyers
>one by one they walk out each future nuclear physicist
>I audibly laugh at them and take snapchats of it
>got refunded and got a discount to the restaurant across the street

> At my local outddor range in shitsville, Australia
> plinking 22lr and 223 with my son through bolt-actions
> bought my 45/70 levergat for a bit of fun too
> chinks rock up and are placed a few benches down from us
> every cease fire they are reminded to stay asay from their rifle / bench while people are on the range
> everyone on edge at these 'tards lack of respect for safety
> look across at them just as the range is declared hot
> one of them is forward of the bench / firing line, on a live range taking pictures of their friends
> turn to RO who is already on it
> they were kicked out an told not to come back

>posting ian mccuckem pepe

cringe and bluepilled

Attached: 1542540016418.png (2995x1543, 397K)

Just think about the psychology of someone who would pull a gun on a cop.

It reflects in

1. Bad decision making skills
2. Lack of preperation where they are forced into a gunfight with a cop
3. Lack of foresight into possible consequences

Now I could say that all of these point to a disorganized and dysfunctional person. So the standard person who would pull a gun on a cop is by nature retarded and ineffective in life as they've reached a point where they must pull a gun on a cop.

Over and over every time there is a shooting where cops get BTFO by a prepared criminal they rewrite the entire fucking book on armed confrontations like the newhall shooting.

Your entire comment is based on the premise that the kind of mouth breathing retard that pulls a gun on a cop is somehow even comparable to someone who spends their time autistically researching guns, practicing their shooting, and who some even run drills or receive training that is comparable or even superior to a cops training.

A doctor shooting handloads out of a .44mag, when he thought the best way to do it would be to just have a go at it.
>BLAMF
>BLAMF
>BLAMF
>BOOOOOOOM!
cylinder exploded, bits of it stuck in the ceiling and dividers.
We pulled the head on one of his remaining rounds, it was triple over loaded and had the wrong powder.
I'm still amazed no one was injured by his stupidity.

How can you even fuck up reloading. Who spends that much money on a set-up to just do absolutely no research into it at all?

Jesus dude.

He got cited by the range or the police?

He got cited by the ranger.

Even though his gun was perfectly legal in Pennsylvania, it was still an illegal gun in New York and he's a new York resident so he technically shouldn't be in possession of it. A fine amount couldn't be established I guess because he cited him, but also had to refer the citation to his domestic jurisdiction. I assume once he went home he'd be getting a citation in the mail and a summons to court for his illegal rifle.

That has always been the dirty secret that most LEO are terrible shooters. Of course, the people that end up shooting back at them probably have never looked down their sights in their life.

Why did the pants on head retard RO declare the range hot when someone was over the firing line?

So the Pennsylvanian officer cited him for a perfectly Pennsylvania-legal rifle because it wasn't legal in New York, where the dude was from. That just seems like a major dick move, and I would have thought wouldn't be possible due to the different jurisdictions.

>Halcyon Days

I don’t think I have ever seen anyone use this, let alone use it correctly (myself included). Well done.

I think you hit the nail on the head with this. The majority of people fighting police officers usually don’t expect a fight and it is probably safe to say they haven’t trained with their weapon in a serious manner.
Look at videos of cops against people who actually knew what they were doing and wanted to fight. The Dallas shooting was a great example. The shooter graduated high school with like a 1.9 GPA, went through the Army Reserves, and completed basic training. The people from his unit said he sucked at marksmanship. So here we are with a shooter with a low IQ, and low skill set, who still manages to kill 6 officers

I wanted amusing stories and got mallninja debates. This thread is disappointing 1 out of 5 stars.

>A doctor shooting handloads out of a .44mag, when he thought the best way to do it would be to just have a go at it.>BLAMF>BLAMF>BLAMF>BOOOOOOOM!cylinder exploded, bits of it stuck in the ceiling and dividers.We pulled the head on one of his remaining rounds, it was triple over loaded and had the wrong powder.I'm still amazed no one was injured by his stupidity.
Triple
>A doctor shooting handloads out of a .44mag, when he thought the best way to do it would be to just have a go at it.>BLAMF>BLAMF>BLAMF>BOOOOOOOM!cylinder exploded, bits of it stuck in the ceiling and dividers.We pulled the head on one of his remaining rounds, it was triple over loaded and had the wrong powder.I'm still amazed no one was injured by his stupidity.

Bullshit. Can't fit even 50 grains in a 44 case before it runs out the top. With 180gn bullet, max load is about 27gns of H110 or 4227. Triple loaded? Did you have a gn scale right there to measure the powder weight? Wrong powder? Come up with a more believable story.

WOOWEE THAT'S NOTHIN COMPARED TO BUBBAS SPECIAL PISSIN-HOT HANDLOADS I TELL YOU

With some of the laws put there... one of the defining characteristics of a salt weapon is having a pistol grip the protrudes conspicuously beneath the action lf said firearm. If it isnt beneath it...

Nobody gives a fuck, go back to yiddit and fucking stay there.

They aren't really dysfunctional, they are perfectly adapted to living in a war tribe in the jungle with a year-round growing season. They just don't function very well in the first world. They are too high time preference to consider the long term consequences of their actions and the low IQ doesn't help either. They just see cops as another gang you can shoot at and when cops try to arrest them trial by combat is a perfectly normal choice to make.

Attached: BB640185A41443C0A7F8D84EA6ADDDCC.png (1500x500, 81K)

>fat greasy kid wearing an ushanka at a public range

whats wrong with this aside from being a fatass.

it isn't the guy is lying

It's called not putting enough powder and getting a squib retard.

even if they kill a cop theres always backup and if not that a manhunt. has there ever been a scenario like the movie heat where a cop killer actually escapes? i mean they literally bombed that blm dude

>Goober enters the range
>Greets the RO
>RO doesn't want to talk
>Retard either doesn't know or doesn't care
>Takes his gun case to the booth and takes out an H&K P2000
>Annie may keychain charm on his gun
>Tac flashlight flys off and RO stops him and fetches it for him
>After he's cleared to shoot again he proceeds to fire the rest of a box of 40 and leaves.

and it was all me

Attached: 1545513396395.gif (1280x720, 403K)

I always laugh at this no matter how many times i see it

post pics of hk??

>Case
>Touching the rifling
This man is dangerously retarded,user.

>confiscate all my ammo
>Implying that's not attempted theft and a good way die from lead poisoning.

>it isn't the guy is lying
definitely lying. checking your ID doesn't establish that you have no gun storage or residence in a state where that build would be legal. new york has no ability to tell a person what they're allowed to possess in another state, and a park ranger definitely has no jurisdiction to enforce new york laws in pa.

t.fat cop trying to delude himself.

I think he thinks all steel case has bimetal rounds.
It kind of makes me sad that someone who owns one of the only gun stores in the area would be that misinformed, but honestly it's just so he doesn;t have to sort the steel case out of the brass, because he has a policy where you are not allowed to pick up your own brass.

Should've responded: "I'm not going anywhere. In fact Im going to sit in a lawn chair 5 feet from the propane tank as you shoot it just to show you how retarded you are to think propane tanks explode when you shoot them"

>a policy where you are not allowed to pick up your own brass
what does he do if you have one of these?

Attached: brass_jew.jpg (500x500, 44K)

Hasn't said anything so far, I do all my transfers there and buy some used stuff because he actually has some pretty good deals so he knows he can make money off of me. I even pick my own brass up sometimes if I'm feeling extra spicy.

Are you fucking new? Why am I asking questions I already know the answer to?

>he doesn't stand in your stall ninja-grabbing each casing mid-air while the smell of bacon wafts into your nostrils from his outstretched hand
disappointing desu

Sounds like bullshit. PA police are under no obligation to compy with NY laws.

Maybe. I don't usually do pictures. Whatcha wanna see specifically?

the gun and the keychain plss
i like your taste in guns so im assuming you have good taste in anime as well

Attached: DlxbUMBVAAElJQe.png (1310x1945, 2.24M)

If i'm being fair, It's actually a Fightan anime game called UnderNight. I'll grab a picture.

And that cop? Albert Einstein.

this

>be me
>live in nyc (moving soon, thank christ)
>go camping upstate, frens bring guns
>box of 1k rounds of 7.62 ends up in my trunk afterwards in the packing shuffle
>whoops
>fast forward 3 months, go on road trip with gf
>get a flat tire in jersey
>have to unload trunk to get to spare
>oh yeah, that's in there
>cop pulls up to me changing the tire
>checks out all our shit on the side of the road
>definitely sees the ammo
>would be a misdemeanor in NYC, not in jersey though
>cant do shit so says nothing
>change tire and wish him a nice night
>thank christ for jurisdictions

Damn that picture does funny things to my weenie that other pictures haven't done in a long time. Cute tummy.

I'm having trouble posting the picture for some reason. Is the server down?

Attached: 1542907874646.gif (300x300, 405K)

i see you are a man of culture as well
damn thats too bad. maybe the filesize is too large.

Attached: DtYGXivVsAAhUFM_0.png (1448x2048, 1.62M)

It says connection error. So I don't understand. I can try compressing the image. But the limit is 4mb non?

Attached: 473265121670463499.png (128x113, 25K)

i think so yeah. im noticing threads are taking a long time to refresh so perhaps there is an issue

Attached: 1542689029358.jpg (1024x1629, 213K)

Sorry user, but here's the picture. This is obviously doublesided and on a threaded nylon phone charm line.
I've noticed it's hard to find a decent charm to put on a gun. So if you have any i'm always on the lookout

Attached: Sd-nan.png (1440x1440, 541K)

A nigger.

Cute!! if youre interested there is a really cool gun related anime called upotte about girls that represent guns at a school. it was originally a manga too.
not sure if you knew about them but you should come join us in the /ak/ threads here! a lot of cute pics are posted and theres a wiki too. thats how i find all my cute gun related anime stuff
thanks for trying to post the pic also that's a dang shame :( i love HKs

Attached: serveimage(38).jpg (1200x862, 192K)

Guy with Vepr trying to shoot clay pigeons.

I once saw someone wear an ncr flag on them and a bunch of greasy autists with them

> Shit That Never Happened: The Post

Whats wrong with that?

BREAKING

Pepe liberator on shelves In time for Christmas

Attached: 5405C343-8AAF-4A55-895D-066E2FD84C26.jpg (1024x606, 90K)

To be fair that’s the difference between people who are interested in something as a hobby and people who have to do something as a requirement

>wants to sit next to a target being shot at by a complete stranger
You didn’t think this one through did you

you could fill up a 44 spl case with titegroup

someone's smoking the devil's lettuce

Thanks! And i'm actuially watching it right now. I found a torrent for it and i'm going through it.
and i've actually been on /ak/ for 2 years now off and on senpai. but i appreciate it!

Attached: 1545519217581.png (650x786, 318K)

ayyy very nice man i hope you enjoy it!!

Attached: 1541841795385_0.jpg (850x1234, 124K)

Had a guy spaz out at me because of my brass hitting him 7m away while firing my SG542, as if I can control at all where it goes. I apologized and moved to a position where it couldn't possibly hit him any more and about 2 mins later he angrily packed up his shit and threatened to report me to the conservation officers!

Wait having ammo is a crime too? Wut