Bullpup Thread

Sup Jow Forumsommandos.

Sell me on bullpups. Rifles, shotguns, whatever tickles your fancy.

Attached: 592EAE18-8FD5-47B7-A5D1-9BC13C2E010D.jpg (800x400, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lifeindustries.net/dir/product/kel-tec-rdb-bolt-release/
lifeindustries.net/kel-tek-rdb.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bullpup is highly affiligent for CQC/HD if you insist on a rifle

I prefer a Shockwave

>Compact design even with 16" barrel.
>Downward ejection, along with other ambi-friendly features
>Fuckhueg magazine capacity at 50 rounds
>fires a cartridge designed to defeat body armor

If the ammo want so impossibly expensive, I'd totally get a P90 for home defense.

Attached: download (9).jpg (274x100, 2K)

Kinda cool but realistically the best one is 95% as good as a basic bitch AR.

There is so much wrong with this post

5.7 is easily had for less than 50¢ per round, if you keep your eyes peeled during sales then as low as 30¢

AR pistol with D60
Who cares about barrel length in HD ranges, .223 out of a 11.5 inch will still get through level III fine.

Yea, I’ve been partial to those designs myself, but I’m open to people who swear by bullpup.

Such as

>AR
The only thing that clicks more than a AR is the keyboards of its fanboys as they desperately defend their shitheap of a rifle.

A bullpup thread and no AUG posted yet? Where's the REAL Jow Forumsommandos?

Attached: file.png (640x640, 620K)

Too busy shitposting elsewhere

Attached: 3E9F55C4-0438-454B-8CC3-A2449E67D199.jpg (3069x2301, 1.76M)

I like the combination of P30 and AUG. There's a tacticool aesthetic to it.

Picked this up a little while ago.

Attached: IMG_20181207_215955.jpg (1488x1984, 489K)

It feels right, it’s a nice combo

>not pairing it with a Steyr M

Attached: Steyr_S-A1.jpg (830x591, 78K)

>striker fired
No thanks

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

fine, a Steyr GB then

Attached: Steyr GB.jpg (800x562, 51K)

I want one eventually but it isn’t high on the list

I really want one of these~

Attached: derya vrbp100.png (987x340, 283K)

>Advantages no matter what
Shorter Overall Length
Maintain Barrel Length
Longer Length of Pull
Shorter Overall Shoulder (Your offhand sits closer to your booger hook, allowing a more crunched shooting position. Can improve accuracy and handling to an extent)
More "Brick Like" Rifle (If, say, you wanted to store your rifle in a more flat box)

>Disadvantages
Way different from operating a normal firearm (obviously), but more on that later
Usually more Complicated, which means...
*Usually* higher jam rate
*Usually* higher failure to feed rate
*Usually* higher chance of other mishaps (accidental mag drops, accidental fire mode switches, etc)

>Caveats
This comes from my experience with a Tavor but it is honestly really different to handle a bull-pup, more than you might think. They're usually either very lefty friendly or very unfriendly, never in-between,and you need to take time learning the rifle. For example, how I talked about actually shouldering it, the Tavor is meant to be held in a really weird-looking triangle like position (pic related) that is awkward when you first do it but really can improve groups, IMO.

Reloads are also different in that half the time you'll be "throwing" the gun forward and letting the mag release on the front of the mag-well actually drop your empty as your off transitions. You get the point but insert the obligatory "practice makes perfect".

Again, as with any rifle, maintenance varies between each. I haven't had any *more* problems than most AR owners but I can certainly say that mine are more *unique* than others, but if you have enough to afford a good 7.62+ long gun and a bull-pup then I'd say look into it, if not then stick with a regular AR.

Attached: big nose gun goes bang.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

Side note I forgot; Desert Tech's MDR that's been making the meme runs lately is actually looking pretty good in terms of company support and has a lot of cool high-speed shit on it if you wanna be the Jow Forumsid with the newest fun in town

i like my keltec so far
>pretty consistent
>if it jams its pretty hard clear
>would like a bolt release button
>charging handle is non reciprocating so i forget sometimes that the bolt is back even though the handle is forward

Attached: 20181119_172422.jpg (3316x1716, 894K)

If the ammo want so impossibly expensive, I'd totally get a P90 for home defense.

Chances are you will never own a P90. A PS90? Sure, maybe. But a P90? Don't hold your breath.

>The Pillar of Autumn

Attached: IMG_20181219_224950.png (1080x996, 937K)

You... do know they have a bolt release button, right

Bull pups are for sci-fi fun

Attached: F1EF9F78-4C12-40A0-A400-257471719F95.png (1136x640, 1.08M)

>He doesn't know he has a bolt release button
user, I got some good news for you ..

The barrel jutting out gives me this weird naked feeling looking at it.

A longer LOP is a disadvantage though. Less convenient for armored as well as shorter users.

>OH DAMN, Hi Point looks like that now
If the bullpup stock weren't expensive for what it is this would make me consider a 10mm Hi Point carbine more seriously. Also, some of the videos I watched the reviewers had reliability problems with the Hi Point 10mm carbine and that's half the selling point of one of their guns out the window.

One thing I'd really like to know about attempts to make bullpup ejection ambidextrous is why they always got to go for very complex systems that make them less reliable and harder to check in the action.

Why not a deflector that simply pushes the round down? A chute on the side of the gun might make that side a bit fat but 5.56 isn't that thick. Why not a door or plate that rotates to block the ejection port at the very far end of bolt travel and prevent a round from bouncing back into the action? It doesn't sound any more complicated than a system that pushes them forwards, maybe just needs a slightly longer ejection port at most so that the round can exit before the door closes. Then it can freely bounce out... only problem is when you shoot the gun upside down (this is a problem?).

Why not use transparent plastics for windows into the gun? If its already made out of polymer then a transparent segment shouldn't make it any weaker, and a transparent window on a metal (aluminum?) gun would definitely be fine. There are those high-speed skeletonized AR receivers out there so surely its not a problem. So the ejection chute / deflector that forces it to fall downwards is made out of translucent plastic and there's another window on the opposite side of the gun.

Is there a good bullpup shotgun on the market guys?
>inb4 KYSG-12

Attached: 1527818387739.jpg (688x918, 65K)

no that bullshit on the back does not count
its too far back and too hard to pull, you need to actuate from both sides

>its a "bolt stop"
it doesn't work like the ar button , it take too much effort to use with one finger

Tavor TS12

If it's a Turkish shotgun that isn't Stoeger I don't think I'd bother.

Someone please tell me this isn't a trap.

Kek for pistol mag.
Take that fugly VFG off.

How do you like the O-Light?

It's the ugliest gun known to man.

Transparent plastic is usually weaker though. Especially in regards to UV exposure.

Nigger, exercise your finger.

Just got back from the range with her. Only put 30 rounds through it today though as I was too busy enjoying the sound of the freedom ping from the Garand I got last week.

Attached: AUG parts installed.jpg (1000x567, 331K)

Fair enough, but then its a plastic cover and not a load bearing component. Make it easily replaceable and its no more a problem than translucent mags.

I just ordered the lefty version of this, along with their Mlok rail. lifeindustries.net/dir/product/kel-tec-rdb-bolt-release/

Attached: 7B3FA3BB-84D8-4C03-AA00-3198397C837E.jpg (600x450, 52K)

A window is useless man, whats the use of seeing what's fucked up in the rifle if you cant remediate the issue?

The MDR, which I assume youre talking about, isnt that complicated. Its actually fairly simple, and ejection works great as long as extraction occurs properly. The main issue that affects all MDR rifles is extraction and more specifically stuck cases.

He, what power scope is that and do you like it? I'm going to buy an AUG next year but I'm not sure if I should go with one of the Steyr factory Hensoldt scopes or just put a variable power Trijicon scope on there for more flexibility.

their mk12 has got really positive reviews

Its the 3x scope and if I had to do it over again I would have gotten a rail and added my own. The glass is good and all that jazz but the glass is tiny compared to most variable power scopes. Just looking through my Steiner P4Xi 1-4x almost makes me want to sell off the AUG scope and stick the Steiner on it, honestly.

Sometime, I'll bring both to the range and listen to Die Volter while I shoot.
Don't be autistic, you know what he was talking about. Although on that note, I just need to get a CMMG barrel and have the receiver on mine engraved.

Attached: 20181223_161741.jpg (1976x1482, 771K)

Friendo, you need to get some black hex head machine screws for that, those zinc plated philips head screws look terrible.

OK, that's kind of what people have told me when I asked them but I'll be damned if the OEM Steyr scopes don't LOOK good from an aesthetic stand point. I'm more asking because I want a 1-4 or 1-6 power scope so I can do both eyes open at 1x and still put myself on target with ease at 300 yards.

Whats the operating range of a standard bullpup?

What do you mean by operating range?

The first focal plane low power variables are the fucking shit dude, im really happy with by cheapo primary arms I slapped on my MDR.

i love it, small, light, +$20 for a decent laser, light and laser are really powerful

my HERO

I’m hoping that’s just a photo of his prototype design and that when mine arrives it will have black fasteners. The dude making them has a full-time job in aviation and just does this on the side.

Like what is its accuracy like. could you reliably hit something 300 yards away? Why woulf you get this over an AR?

Yeah, I'm thinking about a Steiner or a Trijicon LPVO for my PTR and maybe a cheaper Primary Arms or Sig for my M4gery, but I may scope the after Christmas sales for a decent price on a red dot.

Any bullpup ive seen is perfectly accurate to suit a military, even the early run X95 tavors with their shitty barrels still made 4moa, which is minute of man at 300 meters.

Bullpups are not more or less accurate than a conventional rifle as a rule.

The triggers usually suck more tho.

In that case I wouldn't worry. I don't begrudge anyone for using cheaper fasteners in a prototype but aviation engineers are NOTORIOUSLY autistic, even in a field (engineering) of autists.

Are tavors reliable?

If there's a window cut into the side of the receiver then the window cover should also be easily opened. There's no further structural integrity lost from making those windows able to swing or slide open, then you can stick your finger in if you really need to. Since they suggestion is for transparent plastic windows, replacements should be easy to produce in huge numbers. Maybe toss in a little bit of silicone and metal for the parts that hold it to the receiver and seal up the hole.

Part of the concern for the MDR is that when you want to look inside the action and remedy a problem you have to partially disassemble the rifle to do so with loose components that can be easily lost, plus the button needs a case to easily be pushed. If either side panel were able to hinge out without being removed from the rifle I think there would be a lot less problems.

I think that the lack of complication is the issue for the rifle. More complexity doesn't mean more unreliability; just look at various gatling guns. A complex mechanical system can be 100% reliable so as long as the parts and operation principle are always able to move in a consistent way. The MDR introduces random factors to the mix with the elastic clip to hold the spent cartridge (on top of the existing random factors of individual cartridge pressure and mag springs and etc), so its less mechanically complex but ends up more unreliable.

>KillYourSelfGood-12yr old
FTFY

Unless you have a stuck case there little need to remove the ejection chute, you strip the magazine and run the action like any other semiauto and nearly all malfunctions can be cleared.

As far as "random" operation goes there is none concerning the ejection chute, the spring loaded, section of the ejection chute is there only to ensure the catridge doesnt re-enter the action under bolt holdopen, and all of the problems with the chute stem from DT being lazy and not dehorning the surfaces of the rifle the cartridges come in contact with, the feed ramps, chamber, and ejection chute.

The main issue is and remains to be ejection.

I agree that they should make the ejection chute panel harder to lose if you need to get into the action though, and easier to open.

Remains to be extraction I mean.

No that's Monika Weiss

They suck.
Don't buy one.

I like the weight distribution. They're easy to carry long distances and hold in ready positions because the heavy bits are in the buttstock where you can effortlessly support it. Makes offhand shooting really easy. That they're also short is just a bonus, imo.

I also find they're easier to reload while prone.

I'm of the opinion that the weight distribution and OAL in exchange for more awkward shoulder transitions is a good trade,
but potentially complicated malfunction clearing in exchange for being ambi-firendly (F2000, MDR) is a bad trade.

Attached: TAR21_IDF.jpg (1529x978, 1.59M)

Stop buying kike products you nigger.

OK

Attached: qbz97_1_small.png (896x573, 1.06M)

Bullpup designs by # of users:

1.) Steyr AUG: 39 (Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czechia, Djibouti, Ecuador, Gambia, Germany, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Oman, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Serbia, Thailand, East Timor, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, Uruguay, Venezuela)

2.) Tavor TAR-21: 37 (Angola, Azerbaijan, Brazil, Cambodia, Cameroon, Chad, Chile, Colombia, El Salvador, Cyprus, Estonia, Ethiopia, Georgia, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Ivory Coast, Israel, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Macedonia, Mexico, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Nigeria, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, Vietnam)

3.) FAMAS: 18 (Benin, Cameroon, Central African Rep., Chad, Djibouti, France, Gabon, Indonesia, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lebanon, Mali, Mauritania, Papua New Guinea, Senegal, United Arab Emirates, Vanuatu)

4.) FN F2000 15 (Belgium, Croatia, Dem. Rep. of Congo, East Timor, India, Libya, Malaysia, Pakistan, Peru, Poland, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, Spain, United Arab Emirates)

5.) QBZ-95: 11 (Bangladesh, China, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Pakistan, Philippines, Rwanda, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Zimbabwe)

6.) SAR-21: 10 (Botswana, Brueni, Ecuador, Indonesia, Morocco, Peru, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Sri Lanka)

7.) SA80: 6 (Jamaica, Mozambique, Nepal, Papua New Guinea, Sierra Leone, UK, Zimbabwe)

8.) VHS: 5 (Albania, Bosnia, Croatia, Iraq, Togo)

I think they look space-age cool. To each his own user. Cheers

Garbage operator, garbage gun, nothing to be excited over.

>keltec in 9mm mak

Not a bad idea...

I hear the newer AUG's have a much better trigger relative to the older AUG's. But in all seriousness, how is the AUG trigger, really? Is it really that horrible or is it another case of people who think ultra crisp 2lb trigger pull is considered "only good" kind of complaints?

I think the MDR malfunction clearing is over blown, but as I said above the fact that it would be so easy to lose the ejection components is a problem.

Picked up one of these last year. Apparently, this is the only .308 bullpup that you can throw random ammo at and have it function, because the designer isn't a retard who spent 10 years designing an ejection port.

Attached: 308-2.jpg (1620x1080, 332K)

It's worse than average due to being originally made for a "1st stage semi", "2nd stage auto" system, but not unworkable.

How often are you using your home defense weapon that ammo costs are a concern?

>Why would you get this over an AR?
A shorter weapon for the same barrel length.

Ian and Karls video has got everyone bitching about the ejection port instead of the extraction, most rifles dont have any issue with ejection.

Still idk how the fuck you wouldnt even attempt to try the shittiest ammo. Everyone knows people who want to shoot want to shoot cheap.

Paul Harrell detected

Britmil here, 300m with SA80 is standard for range work

m17? I've been looking at that...

Attached: KM M17-SC308.jpg (900x360, 21K)

I want to get a bullpup style ar, but you have to either make over 100k a year to afford one or take out a small loan.

why are these ARs literally so fucking expensive when a normal decent ar cost like 1/3 of the price?

Hated my Tavor desu. No reason for it in America when the AR exists

Someone should make a chassis for the SIG ar thing they built.

Id like one if it wasnt so uggo.

I had always assumed the MDR chute-cover would hinge open like an AR15s, so you can clear it easily by swinging it open and closed or just not use it, as needed. I was turned off when I saw it was a separate component.

I'm satisfied with the 3x. It is small but the glass is good. Can always buy a factory or aftermarket rail later.

Attached: Screenshot_20180618-005241_Gallery.jpg (1080x1920, 1.15M)

And where did you hear the factory scope was from Hensoldt?
I thought they were made by Meopta.

lifeindustries.net/kel-tek-rdb.html

opinions?

Shut your whore mouth
The look awesome and they shoot even better

Attached: K&MM17S.jpg (4608x3456, 2.7M)

I’ve got both the rail and the lefty extendo bolt-release on order. Everyone seems to love them, and that’s a good thing being as there’s literally no other options ATM.

The receiver looks like a fucking tactical gutter.

Attached: corrugated-square-white-aluminum-gutter-downspout-1_1080.jpg (1920x1080, 110K)

Still better than any AR with a bunch of crap on it

im glad to see some aftermarket upgrades. Especially the ugly foregrip. Can i get some opinions on the RDB before i make the bullpup dive? Ive got the option to get one for 800 or an RFB with a bipod for 1k. The RFB is used.

>it's the year 2019
man I hate kids. I'm so glad I cut my penis off.

DP-12