Size wise does a bullpup really feel more compact than a standard rifle...

Size wise does a bullpup really feel more compact than a standard rifle? On paper obviously they do but when actually shooting them is there a perceivable difference? A 20” barrel in a bullpup is about as long as a 16” standard AR, and a 16” barrel in a bullpup is about as long as an AR pistol. Is a 16” barrel bullpup really all that compact?

Attached: 6BBEB4F3-0753-4EE2-9484-D9D986D30EED.jpg (600x400, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KiqfgAFHikg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes. And weight is further back, which helps more. But theyre harder to shoot prone and supported, which is what the rifle excels at.

I could use my bullpup from inside my truck no problem.
Its as much difference as a 20inch rifle to a 16 inch rifle makes.

>Size wise does a bullpup really feel more compact than a standard rifle?
Yes
>On paper obviously they do but when actually shooting them is there a perceivable difference?
Yes
>Is a 16” barrel bullpup really all that compact?
Yes

Attached: FD3A9340-1850-4447-AC26-F7627D437F1D.jpg (1535x2048, 1.03M)

Yeah dude, just pick one up and you will immediately understand why they did it. That being said, I would still take an AR over an AUG because I can live with the length.

>But theyre harder to shoot prone
Magazine and grips extend the same distance from barrel center line. What gets in the way?

His retardation

>What gets in the way?
Probably his erection.

Both of you suck cock.
It's a matter of leverage. A longer rifle is easier to control on a rest. Need proof? Try mounting a bipod on your AR all the way back on the rail towards the receiver. Shoot a group of 5. Mount it all the way towards the barrel. Shoot 5 more. Compare groups, then come back and apologize to me.
I'm assuming you faggots actually own a gun to test this with.

I was right, it's you being retarded

Attached: svd bipod.jpg (665x395, 36K)

Literally who does this other than fudds at the range

>posts a gun capable of 4 MOA on its best day as evidence
user, I....

i have used a class 3 P90 and can confirm these answers

Attached: 1545260810865.jpg (837x673, 225K)

>capable of 4 MOA on its best day as evidence
youtube.com/watch?v=KiqfgAFHikg
Continue being retarded

Bipod positioning is all about speed vs stability
Further out it is, the more stable, closer in it is, the faster you'll be able to engage more targets

Mount the bipod where the front grip is on either rifle in OP's pic Pretty close to the same distance from the stock. Now, no bipod but hold the front grip. Similar distance forward from your shoulder.

Only loss of leverage is when shooting from the hip, front and rear grips are closer together. But lets not talk about group size shooting from the hip.

You literally just made my point. A bipod on a rifle will be more stable than a bipod on a bullpup.
Look, bullpups are great. But all things being equal, a rifle will be more accurate. Especially when you consider trigger pull.

pretty much this exactly from my experience...

Have you considered for just one post to stop being retarded?
If you put a bipod on the muzzle end of a bullpup it will have the same stability because the very front point of the gun is supported

Attached: green_barrels.jpg (750x463, 88K)

>prone and supported
This isn't even remotely relevant for a battlefield rifle.

Please, take this to a range. I want to see you get laughed at.

ONE

Attached: aug lmg.jpg (500x228, 37K)

>take a nice $400+ dollar AUG 24” LMG barrel to the range
Gladly? What’s your point with this?

Thats an LMG dipshit. They're not accurate - they rely on volume of fire.

>$400+ dollar AUG 24” LMG barrel
They were like 700 last time Steyr had them I think

Putting a bipod directly on the barrel will shift POI substantially when shooting supported.

>Is a 16” barrel bullpup really all that compact?
No. I mean it is compared to a conventional gun but its still going to be 26-28 inches long. Its not like you can stick it under a hoody and it vanishes.
The places where a gun thats 36 overall(your standard 16inch ar) would be impossible to use but a 26 inch gun would fit are very limited. Its essentially in a car, in a doorway, or in a closet. None of these places are spots you want to spend more than a second in.
Being able to return fire through a winsheild is a benift but staying in a stationary car is a bad thing. They just ventilate the whole car and everyone dies regardless of what weapons they had.

Fuck if I know. The only factor I could think of would be the learning curve for reloading, but even that's a stretch to call that "difficult".

Jesus christ...

What??? how so??? I will change from before you had it mounted to after, but once you compensate/know your adjustment dope, how would that make a difference? The mass and harmonics change is constant, the bipod isn't magically fluctuating in these metrics

They aren't going to understand the argument because they've never shot rifles further than 15 yards at and indoor range while standing.

Your barrel isnt made out of titanium. It will bend slightly under pressure. At 500 yards, this will make a big difference. When the barrel is hot, it will bend even more. This is why the free floating rail was developed. How can you visit /k and not know this?

AUG barrels are free floated and thick as fuck, most people who own them don't experience much if any POI shift at all between standing and supported

It doesnt matter its a fucking lmg not a sniper rifle. As long as the guy is aware of the poi shift and knows to adjust accordinly its fine.

>goalposts have been moved from
>"hurr but u can't bipod a bullpup!!!!"
>to
>"but there will be poi shift on this one specific gun with a certain bipod setup!!!!"
Truly a wonder to behold

People who want their rifles to be accurate, so pretty much anyone but mall ninjas.

Bipods on barrels is pants on head retarded. It will cause significant POI shift, especially if you load into a bipod, and it will exacerbate POI shift as a barrel heats up.

The LMG is intended to be fired in long bursts where single shot accuracy is moot.

It does matter, the POI shift will vary based upon how much or little you load the bipod, and it will be significantly worsened as the barrel heats up.

It does make a difference when you're a manlet.

A bullpup with a 20inch barrel in my hands certainly feels less unwieldy than a M16 in my hands.

EXACTLY - IT'S AN LMG. AS IN LARGE VOLUME OF FUCKING FIRE, NOT ONE SHOT ACCURACY. I'M TALKING ABOUT ONE SHOT ACCURACY, YOU FUCKING CUNTS.
Where's Nathan Bedford Forrest when you need him.

Attached: 1544469020192.jpg (807x454, 53K)

for a regular infantryman/rifleman, shooting off a barrel isn't ideal, shooting off a barrel at distances of 500m isn't going to mean a damn thing if you've practiced. This is assuming your barrel was made properly with some type of quick disconnect for the bipod, and not Gomer Pyle'd together in your garage. You're not Chris Kyle or Hathcock...

>Im not Chris Kyle or Hathcock.
No shit, and neither is anyone on this board. Which is why my original post stands. All things considered, bullpups are less accurate than standard rifles. There is no debate on this. It's fact.
Now will it matter for OP? Probably not. Most people struggle to hit 1 moa even with a match rifle and properly mounted bipod. So by all means OP, buy a bullpup. They are fun as shit, and more maneuverable than most AR's.

What are you even on about retard? AUGs have plenty of options for mounting bipods proximal to the muzzle without attaching it to the barrel and even if it didn't, the AUG is just one bullpup that was designed as an assault rifle, not a marksman rifle (althought it can be customized to do so). Indeed, the vast majority of bullpups are capable mounting rails proximal to the muzzle, straight out of the box, which is something that stock the vast majority of sporting rifles and combat rifles can't do without customization.
You literally have no point right now.

Attached: Fil-2017-01-19-21-44-35-660x343.png (660x343, 280K)

>All things considered, bullpups are less accurate than standard rifles. There is no debate on this. It's fact.

Sorry "friend", you must have me confused with someone with their own head up their ass. At no point did I say they were more accurate. I said, for a standard infantryman/rifleman. They're perfectly adequate in terms of accuracy for that task. I just shot a buddy's Tavor a month or two ago, and I've shot others. I don't personally care for them, and am am STILL of the opinion that the guy who said,

>Yes. And weight is further back, which helps more. But theyre harder to shoot prone and supported, which is what the rifle excels at.

If you wanna put copper jacketed lead or turned brass projectiles into things at extreme distances with high degrees of accuracy, you're a fool if you aren't reaching for a bolt action, but that wasn't the discussion being had, was it????

forget it man, these guys have played too many video games to understand the logic of people who actually know how things work...

This guy gets it. Nations like bullpups because troops hang out in planes and APCs where those inches count.

Okay, you introduced LMG's when people were talking about compact rifles. Your argument is all over the board. Are you comparing SBR;s to LMG's? Consolidate your opinion.You went from comparing an AR to an AUG to an AUG to an SVD and now you're comparing an AUG to an m249.

Ok. I will be very specific for you faggots. An AR 15, with a 16" barrel, will almost certainly be more accurate than a bullpup with a 16" barrel. The trigger and the ergonomics of a bullpup are not conducive to long range accurate fire. That's all Im arguing. Now eat a massive dick, all of you.
Love you guys. Night /k.

everyone complains about bad triggers in bullpups. Why instead of connecting the trigger to a long bar, connect the hammer to a long bar. That way the trigger is crisp, and the hammer is mushy (but who cares)

HOLY SHIT THAT IS GENIUS!

PATENT THAT SHIT! Thats actually a great idea.

magazine extends more though

that's just because the handguard is not freefloated
if the bipod was mounted further out it would affect the zeroing

It makes for a lot simpler mechanism to have the trigger movement transported by the long connecting bar than the hammer movement.
Not to mention that the mushy trigger is basically dealt with anyway as long as the connecting bar is not experiencing compression but tension, even a thin steel strip ain't gonna stretch so much at these newtons that you would notice it with your finger

Bullpup rifles feel like they're unbalanced, and falling off your shoulder. Otherwise they're fucking like a SBR

>walk into thread about CQB rifles
>thread completely destroyed by faggot who insists on using them as DMR's
pottery

Attached: 1528027480059.gif (300x168, 2.27M)

"Bad" triggers are viewed by militaries as an anti negligent discharge feature. Since bullpups are still more designed primarily targeting government contracts, as the not so old saying goes: " it's not a bug, it's a feature."

If bullpups were popular in competitive shooting, addressing the triggerpull of the current designs would be done without a radical redesign.

Yes they're super compact. And as much as I'd love one I just can't do it. Nigga is 6'3" with monkey arms. I just can't do it.

would you describe a 27" bullpup as a "little girl ready" gun?

Attached: 1522278840348.jpg (739x673, 101K)

I would describe a full size rifle as a little girl ready rifle. As long as you have some semblance of upper body strength to hold the weight of the rifle while shooting, you're fine.

For me personally it's about comfortability and mobility. I can manipulate my 18" AR with fully locked back stock easily and conveniently. I can do the same with a bullpup. Except I have to scrunch my neck so far fucking down and keep my monkey arms so tight that I have about 10 minutes worth of fun and effectively zero combat readiness over my AR.

>I would describe a full size rifle as a little girl ready rifle
wouldn't you say those 10" less make a difference when your arms are almost that much shorter compared to adult man?

No, because collapsible stocks exist, and you can grip anywhere in the handguard that is comfortable to you, including the lower receiver/magwell (NOT THE MAGAZINE).

If we're talking about an intermediate cartridge here like .223/5.56, either rifle and probably any platform you choose that is quality and reliable will do you just fine. My recommendation is to find a place to hold the rifle before making a decision. For me, the long arms and neck being in tight positions hurts.

I think your biggest factor here would be weight and balance. Pretty sure the dry weight of IWI B16 is almost 8lbs. But it's all focused center and rear

Whereas my custom AR before optics is just over 6.5lbs but it's towards the front because of a big ole 18" heavy barrel.

Tl;Dr its gonna be 100% about your body structure and what feels comfortable. I'd say it's absolutely imperative to just take a quick trip to the gun store and hold two or three different sized rifles. Long one short one bullpup etc. Hold them properly too, as if you were going to shoot it. Just makes sure it's comfy and not too heavy. And you'd be good to go.

great, thanks for your time

>NOT THE MAGAZINE
t. fudd

>Fudd
>Because he advises people not to hold onto loose plastic pieces that may be unstable or break under pressure
Kys

>modern magazines
>loose plastic pieces that may be unstable or break under pressure
pic one you FUDD

Literally any non steel magazine for the AR. Loose plastic turds that wear down quickly and don't have high durability.

End yourself you FUDD

>Literally any non steel magazine for the AR. Loose plastic turds that wear down quickly and don't have high durability.
yep, we've got ourselves a fudd here

Attached: 1544669185649.jpg (729x638, 97K)

>Keeps repeating the same insult over and over
>In regards to series of comments about two identical platforms that accept the same magazine
>Offers no rebuttal other than FUDD
Fudd detected

Pretty sure that's that keltec does with their bullpups, they have a better trigger than milspec ARs

Attached: Screenshot_20181217-190845.png (720x1440, 126K)

Ive never completely destroyed a thread before...
Thanks user.

I've only handled and shot Steyr AUG but it feels extremely bulky and unwieldy when compared to an AR-15.