What the fuck is the point of guns like this? A handgun is useful because it's small, concealable, and convenient...

What the fuck is the point of guns like this? A handgun is useful because it's small, concealable, and convenient. You can walk around doing your job, and you can whip it out in an emergency. This is none of those. It's big, heavy, awkward as hell, with huge recoil.

If you want power, don't use a handgun. Use a rifle or a shotgun. Those are built for power.

Attached: S&W500[1].jpg (3358x1759, 3.08M)

The point is fuck off. Guns are fun. Sometimes it's about "I think that's cool so I'm gonna buy it and shoot it." Stop taking everything so goddamn seriously

Are you trolling or stupid?
Not hunting with a handgun
Carrying a handgun in bear county

Attached: 407A2FD2-800A-4C33-9525-E051E494B8CA.jpg (1536x2046, 434K)

They are made to be used generally on targets such as Texas Red,

Attached: 1544578122581.gif (308x224, 1.7M)

Uhhh, it's smaller than a rifle or shotgun.

Makes a man feel big.

Attached: 45-70 BFR.jpg (2907x1903, 2.55M)

Attached: 10.5 460 X-Frame vs Kimber Micro Carry.jpg (2729x1173, 537K)

If you need a gun to feel big then that means you're a small man.

>this

Probably. I love my iron in the big variety.

Attached: Bone Collector 460 Leupold FX-II.jpg (3822x1429, 2.46M)

If you had to walk around in the woods for 5 hours, what is more comfortable to carry--the big handgun, or the rifle?

Attached: Muh X-Frames.jpg (3722x1180, 3.12M)

A rifle strapped to your back is way more comfortable than a big honking handgun.

>fallout 3
>use weapons based on their range of engagement
>mfw the 44 scoped revolver is shorter and lighter than the .32 bolt rifle and has decent accuracy and power

Since then I've considered a long barreled revolver with a bipod if ever SHTF and light weight travel is a necessity.

That's MISTER Shorty to you, pal.

i have decided i want the .460 over the .500. is that weird? im not into any of the smaller calibers the .460 can shoot, i already have a .50 and i just like it better.

Attached: sideview50.webm (1920x1080, 653K)

Attached: thatsthejoke.jpg (480x360, 22K)

>he can't CC a. 454

I own two 500 Magnums now and I also prefer the 460. Cheaper to shoot, flatter shooting, less recoil and the option to shoot .45 Colt and .454 Casull as reduced power options just makes it better in my opinion.

Attached: Desert Eagle 50 and X-Frame 460.jpg (1632x1224, 478K)

>op doesn't hunt anything larger than deer

>.454 Casull as reduced power option
that makes me smile inside. i cant quite put my finger on it but the .460 feels like my spirit animal.
is the 8.38" version a good place to start? also whats a good cost effective projectile to load?

Dealge looks like airsoft.

Its tan. Looks kind white and plasticky in pictures.

Attached: Double Deagles.jpg (2286x1381, 1.67M)

I seem to recall it being the bill of rights, not the bill of needs

Longboi

What are you planning on doing with it? If you're going to use it for hunting, the 8.38" is an excellent choice but not so much for carry. The 200gr Hornady FTX is outstanding for hunting extremely flat shooting and even middle of the road loadings will achieve 2200fps+ from that long barrel.

Attached: S&W Performance Center X-Frame .460S&W 3.5in.jpg (1604x844, 930K)

>A handgun is useful because it's small, concealable, and convenient. You can walk around doing your job, and you can whip it out in an emergency.
it is all of those.

Attached: 460.jpg (2370x1064, 492K)

range toy to be honest. i load .50AE real cheap if i manage to keep all the brass.

I like my 5" 460 X-Frames for goofing off. Dual wield at the pistol range is always fun to piss off the old timers shooting their .38s.

Attached: 460 X-Frame 5 inch x2.jpg (1831x528, 865K)

It's big, bulky, heavy, and awkward. Try drawing that quickly.

my dick is big, bulky, heavy, and awkward and I can have it out before you can blink, and then it's too late for you

Nobody's mister to me, little man.

that's the one thing I miss about shooting at a range.
now that I have my own place I can shoot every day, I probably don't even piss off the neighbors, since most of them shoot too.

Not every gun is made for an important purpose. Some are made cause just "Why the fuck not?" Same with cars.

Maybe I want a handcannon that can take a fuckers head completely off.

Could a gun like this be fan fired?

Yes, with the pussy trapdoor safe loads you can fan it like any old cowboy gun. If you load it up like you're supposed to it will recoil like almost nothing you've ever experienced.

Attached: .45-70 500gr handload.jpg (1660x1548, 1.19M)

Attached: Im_sorry_Marty.png (365x481, 224K)

>A handgun is useful because it's small
>If you want power use a rifle or a shotgun
>Picture of a revolver
What are you trying to say kid? It's a completely different firearm. It's usually a larger caliber, intermediate power loading compared to handguns and rifles, with a fixed barrel. It's a weapon class entirely on it's own. Which is why they're called revolvers and not handguns or pistols.

Camping or hiking.

Revolvers are pretty obsolete though, no idea why they're still being sold, they're basically a safety hazard at this point.

>hurr my 44 will stop the bear while I'm shitting my pants
>hurr my pink 357 snub nose will be of any use

They're handguns anything with a pistol grip is a handgun.

Any thing.

They're nice when you need to take a shit in the outhouse in the middle of the night, and you probably didn't hear a bear

Factually untrue

Go try and buy a pistol grip shotgun while 18.

That was literally the first thing I did when I turned 18 you retard. AR's have pistol grips and are also sold to 18 year olds every single day.

A handgun defined by federal law and ATF guidelines is a short stock firearm designed to be fired from one hand.

A shotgun is a handsgun not a handgun

>he was sold an illegal gun at 18

Nice

>Spotted the commifornia dweller
You're braindead. A pistol grip does not define a handgun and the only time it does is when it's a fucking handgun.

Shotguns and rifles are legally sold to 18 year olds in almost all of the states in the continental US.

Attached: 1545453798661.png (527x446, 47K)

best pick up line ever

nice

What the fuck is the point of you being a whiny faggot?

>What the fuck is the point of guns like this?
it's big. that's all.

Delusion

are you some kind of faggot?

Attached: big iron.jpg (1072x1065, 369K)

They are made for the fun gun market

Attached: omgSimplyRugged.jpg (640x480, 58K)

For you...

The point of it is to agitate aspies into making threads about it.
They clearly succeeded.

>What the fuck is the point of guns like this?
bears, horses, cattle, and annoying little urban underage op nogunz fuckers

Does anyone own a contender? I really want one, either in .223 for a mini-14 companion or 30-30 for a levergat companion. Leaning towards 30-30 because why would you get a contender and not shoot big bullets.

Attached: 43B02961-8B79-45B9-97A8-24F8E0E019AB.jpg (610x733, 120K)

Found the roasty

80gr 223s for looooooooong pistol shots to irritate the ar kids that cant hit the 12x12 steel plate at 500 yards.

>Braindead
Give the kid a break, he's just brainwashed.

>He fails to see the point of Big Irons.

Fag and dumbpilled but unironically

Attached: 1537944824487.jpg (353x381, 105K)

fpbp /thread

ever heard of a holster, you fucking retard

Attached: OMGBecky.jpg (684x513, 241K)

Idk what's bigger, that gun or your stomach. As an American lose some fucking weight

You fail to grasp what that picture conveys and why it is amusing. I will endeavor to, as they say, clue you in. The OAL of the Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan is 7.62".

Attached: 1524385383241.jpg (660x495, 138K)

You fail to grasp what that picture conveys and why it is amusing. I will endeavor to, as they say, clue you in. The OAL of the Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan is 7.62".

Attached: 1524385383241.jpg (660x495, 138K)

I hunt whitetail with a 7 1/2 inch super blackhawk in .44. I hunt rabbit and squirrel with a .22lr rough rider. It's nice to make your load lighter rather than bringing a shotgun with me. Sometimes I still do bring the 12 for deer and the 20 for small game. Especially if I'm going to take a longer shot. Both are carried cross draw. Most shots are pretty close in the swampy areas I hunt in.

>short-barreled Bat .44
>long-barreled 500
Choose wisely, Mr. Shorty.

I'm not sure why you want it to share calibers with a companion. If you're carrying both at the same time, it's not going to be much faster getting the Contender out of a typical rig than accessing a slung rifle.
You're choosing between a slightly faster access, but less powerful, less accurate (or rather, harder to shoot accurately), and single-shot option, vs your more powerful, easier to shoot, fast repeating or semi-auto? I think you'd end up always going for the rifle in case you need a second shot -- the reloading delay will eat up any gain you have getting the Contender out.
Rather, complimentary calibers make sense -- e.g. a Contender somewhere in the .rimfire/.22 hornet/32-20/.223 range for small game and/or varmints, paired with a full-power rifle (.30-30/45-70/etc.) for deer, bear defense, etc.; then each one has its role.

I do see some merit to the idea of a Contender sharing a caliber with a revolver -- e.g. a .357 or .44 magnum revolver for self-defense, paired with a scoped 14" contender in the same caliber for hunting. Here you're choosing between a fast-access, fast-aiming, fast repeating gun, vs. a slower, more accurate, and more powerful single-shot, and either of those can make sense depending on context. And you get the benefit, such as it is, of either a single ammo pool, or more likely separate ammo optimized for each, but with the ability for either gun to use the other's ammo if you somehow use up or lose all your ammo for one.