Sks or mini 14

My local pawn shop has a real nice yugo sks and a mini 14 for $5-600
What would you go for?

Attached: 8D6A05EC-DBAF-4A0F-9986-7050946EA30F.jpg (1200x215, 43K)

Do you want spicy .30-30 or really fast .22?

Get an ar

I love sks but probaby the mini cus mags

My inner red neck says 30-30

>500-600 Yugo sks

Bad deal

I am using this from now on

Attached: BDAEC72E-4877-427B-98CC-6FC3A6BD6560.jpg (432x432, 52K)

I got both. Btw ruger fucked up by not sizing to fit standard ar mags. Don’t get an Sks unless it’s all matching numbers

ohh idk
do you wand milsurp or customization
either one will be shit with a scope but you will have more gizmos and gadgets for the 14
yugo sks is 10/10 comfy

Both are fine for southern whitetail and under. Minis depending on the year are not bad and can be modified just as easily as an SKS.

For both being around the same price, the mini 14 is the better option

I would get the SKS but only because I already have an AR. Plus, memes.

This.

Fuck that noise, SKS is a $450 gun max, but the boomertax has been getting ridiculous in the years past sandy vag. What state do you live in?

Sks is more reliable, more accurate if the mini is an older model. And has historical awsomness. Also stripper clips.

The mini has higher capacity mags that are actually reliable. And has that m1/m14 chill factor.

Both have lots of aftermarket. But sks aftermarket sucks, ruins what little value a sks has, makes less reliable and kill all of the sexy.

Both are nice/10

Attached: 1545035778010.jpg (500x375, 38K)

95% chance it's pre 580 series and you may as well play lawn darts

Purchase an SKS now because unfortunately they are going up in price lately. Buy an AR-15 Lower receiver as a hedge against future legislation.

Tell the LGS you will purchase the SKS for $500 if he can do a stripped lower for $60-$70. Guarantee you’ll walk out with both

Iowa but the store is in Kansas

$500 is a great price for a Mini-14, depending on the condition. I agree, between the two at that price range the Mini 14 is the superior choice. If you already have an AR-15, I would just shop around for a better deal on an SKS.

(laughs in leaf)
Got mine for 160 leaf bucks (120usd), feels great

For 500-600 it better be super fucking nice, I got a Yugo sks that my gunsmith thinks is unfired for $365 last month.

And I bought a t-bone steak for $7.89 when the same steak cost almost $50 in leafland. Enjoy your meat thefts

Good thing this is Jow Forums not /ck/ or I might actually be mad

It's an OK price, not great. The last three I've bought on Gunbroker have been $500, 499, and 282. I see them for less sometimes. The $499 one was a factory folder so that was a good deal.

Enjoy your pinned mag.

based mythical cheap gunbroker poster blesses every mythical mini-14 thread. $200+ savings deals and no bid extensions will come to you, but only if you reply "was is a 580 series?" To his post

>he can only be conceptually made about not being able to casually enjoy a weeknight steak because meat is so outrageously expensive when on the correct board

I don’t have an ar, mainly leaning to the yugo for ammo compatibility with my ak and it being ban resistant.

I really don't believe anyone that posts these "I got things for a reasonable price on gunjoker" posts. It's not reality based. No one has ever bought something below MSRP on gunjoker.

It is, all matching numbers, has bayonet cleaning rod and stock kit.

Get an ar before we lose the house.

>all matching numbers
That's not exactly a rare thing with yugos you know.

In my area it is, most sks here have been ‘modernized’

when they take it away your only out $120 usd

Attached: images (3).jpg (186x272, 11K)

not even a doubt, Mini

Can you put a chines bayo on a yugo?

That’s the bare minimum. If it is less than that it’s a bubafied turd. I’m talking it better look like it rolled out of the factory yesterday, not had a single round through it, have a magnificent looking stock, and come with a blow job.

I don’t believe so, without looking up measurements I’m 95% sure the lengths are different and I think the locking system is different.

Right I’ve looked specifically for an sks with mismatched number or a completely ruined stock and ok mechanics so I could put it in a custom wood stock and make some very light modifications without feeling bad and couldn’t even find a mismatched one.

SKSs are nice, but an AK does everything it can and better.
>More aftermarket
>Trigger isn't as bad; ALG makes a drop-in trigger for $50-$60
>Detachable mags
>Entry rifles that aren't Century or IO start at $500 on a good day
If you decide to get an SKS, no one is stopping you. They're still good guns, but with the prices going up, I don't think they're worth the price tag when you can just get an AK.

>My local pawn shop has a real nice yugo sks and a mini 14 for $5-600
>What would you go for?

No question, no doubt I'd take the Ruger over an SKS at the same price all day long. The SKS's were awesome when they were $300-400, and ammo was way cheap, but the Mini 14 is a far better rifle, and worth much more.

Where did this meme come from? Gunbroker has great deals if you keep an eye out for them.

Attached: shop smart, shop S-mart.jpg (834x438, 75K)

I already have an ak.
Also
>Centry Arms
I’m not looking for a biodegradable rifle.

I would go sks. Have you checked your locsl Armslist? I see sks under 500 pretty routinely. If you pay over 500, it better be russian.

Yeah you must be a leaf... If you were an American(ohioan more specifically) such blasphemy wouldnt even cross your mind... Noone "takes" our guns away(while were breathing anyhow)

All the ones in my area have been modified in some way

>tfw only wanted SKS
>missed opportunity to get one cheap bc boss was late w/ paycheck and was on tight income
>now on steady income and they're overpriced af
IT'S NOT FAIR

Attached: 1542266644632.gif (305x205, 394K)