Talk to me about the T91 uppers, are they worth a fuck for $500?

Talk to me about the T91 uppers, are they worth a fuck for $500?

Attached: wolf-a1-upper-image-product-2.jpg (1000x540, 364K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/usr/amilitaria
amazon.com/54r-Spam-Can-Collectable-Pillow/dp/B00LH4VIUO
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes. its an complete upper (minus rear sight) with an extremely well designed and reliable gas piston system. they are pretty awesome.

the only downside is lack of handguard choices for them

Attached: 3760671_orig.jpg (700x529, 150K)

WPA is an importer. Where is it from? Looks neat.

I still refuse to buy one on principle because they stated that it would come with the rear sight and then when the first shipments went out to customers and everyone found out there was no rear sight they went "lol yeah we ended up not doing that tough luck". Fuck them.

Taiwan

I didnt know it existed until tonight, I thought itd be a neat addition to go alongside my MR762.

>buying anything made in China

I like mine

Attached: t91ish.png (1403x788, 1.36M)

I have the 12" one works great.
no malfunctions runs clean plus makes a good 22lr conversion aslong as you remove the Piston.

Attached: 20181222_231954.jpg (799x1273, 649K)

Werent they supposed to come with rails too. Not handguard ones but the gasblock kind.

Attached: images.jpeg.jpg (543x271, 10K)

saved

ROC ≠ PRC

These take a standard AR rear sight??

Tell me about Bane, why does he wear the mask!?!?!

Taiwan #1

Only when using the wolf sight that comes with it if you replace it with Taiwan milspec one you need to use a Taiwan height rear sight

Got mine from Atlantic, does everything a 416 does for half the price. AIM and Sweaty Ben have them for $450, they sell out faster though. This is not a proper mil-spec T91. This is a T91S upper- the LE and Navy version. The only difference is the gas block.
All standard AR sights work with the front, but you have to crank the front post WAY the hell up otherwise you'll be shooting into the sky.
Pros:
>inexpensive piston upper that has been combat-proven (Taiwan, Bosnia, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia use it)
>piston system is super easy to disassemble and clean
>bcg has aggressive anti-tilt measure designed into the carrier
>works with any mil-spec lower and lower parts
>is a FA bcg if you have a fun switch lower
Cons:
>proprietary parts
>scarce third party support
>what support there is is expensive af (almost all of it from T91 Tactical)
>fugly upper finish that doesn't match to fucking anything
>spotty QC from SDS Imports (Wolf's subcontractor for importing and assembling them)
>upper is front heavy (obviously), but not to the point of uncomfortable

I first built mine on a PSA lower and parts kit, over 500 rnds and no malfs. The T91 has a built in anti-tilt system (tapered carrier), but it still tilts and will dig into the buffer tube. I got a POF buffer kit that seems to have fixed that. Some guy on ebay is selling legit T91 rear sights (both carry handle and simple sight, along with Taiwanese milsurp) at half the price T91 Tactical is. If you want something unique or an inexpensive entry into piston ARs, this is it.
Also, this is just my autism, but SDS assembles the front sight block the WRONG way around.

Attached: ching chang chong.jpg (2592x1936, 1.21M)

Just got mine in the mail today. Haven't shot it yet, but it seems really nice. The finish actually matches some random no-name lower I had lying around too.

Attached: 20181223_012822.jpg (4032x1960, 1.47M)

How's the T91 grip feel?

Surprisingly comfortable.

I can't find the Ebay seller. Have a link?

no, unless you can find the correct rear sight in the same package

ebay.com/usr/amilitaria
Looks like he's sold out of sights atm, they were listed under "T91 Look Hole" and "Handle for T91". The knobs on the carry handle I got from him don't screw on correctly and the grip plate is bent, so it'll need some modification. Simple rear sight was g2g though. Shipping was pretty fast too (9 days total) for coming halfway across the world.

Low quality bait or utter retard

Attached: 1541992476411.png (466x575, 332K)

What's the best place to get custom roll marks done for my Taiwanese AR clone lower? I heard jewlery stores can do them but you gotta stay in the store and wait because you can't leave your firearm there unattended. Also I'm pretty sure every jewlery store near my house is run by kikes, not sure they'd be too thrilled to do it for me, although I am sure they'd love to take my money

Attached: ct-met-barack-obama-jb-pritzker-20181031.jpg (1636x920, 250K)

Davidson Defense offers a lot of AR-15 completed upper and full kit options that are in multiple calibers, and of very high quality for fairly low cost. I have built 3 AR's from them, and they all run flawlessly for much less than pre built shit costs...

Attached: davidson-defense-logo-web-lite-small_1509516532__22406.original.png (157x79, 10K)

What goes into the holes on top of the handguard

Anyone build a clone off an engraved 80% lower?

Are they in stock anywhere in Canada, these days?

I ordered their 12" slanted executive mlok handguard. I'm scared for when that thing comes in the mail. For one, the ID is approximately 1.38" and kak flash can's OD is like 1.36". My fault for not checking that shit before I ordered it. One other thing, is their shit always "on sale?" My handguard "retails" at like $170 but I paid $55

It's false markup. They put an inflated MSRP for everything to make you think it's a deal. Pretty standard.

Davidson Defense and Delta Team Tactical are the Harbor Freight of ARs. 90% of the shit is garbage but they have a few decent things here and there.

THOSE HANDGUARDS
MY WEEWEE

MSRP includes a pretty significant markup in most industries. Retailers compete by shaving down their profit margins since a bunch of smaller sales > no sales.

The two threaded holes are there to mount either a proprietary U-shaped pic rail assembly or the sight for the undermounted T85 GL (basically an M203). Both have yet to be imported.
pic 1/2

Attached: t85 gl.jpg (474x355, 42K)

no that's an actual T91 upper

the ones wolf imports are actually T91S uppers that lack the railed section for a bipod as well as a bayonet lug

no idea why they don't import the good ones

T91tactical sells them though, but installation is gunsmith level work

2/2 can't find a good pic of the rail, so here's T91 Tactical's background image

Attached: 1545092233117.jpg (674x409, 39K)

And here's proofs that is does exist on an ROC's raifu. Not a good pic but you can tell it's there.

Attached: not sure if trap.jpg (530x530, 73K)

Speculation is that bc they're produced by the 205th Armory, which is state-owned, there's either some wacky regulation where they can't legally export them or they're selling T91S uppers to offset the cost of the new XT-97 project. The barrels are apparently shipped in as blanks, finished in the US, then assembled by SDS.

Lots of gunshops have custom engraving services. My 3 local shops offer it in some degree, and there's a shop that does cerakote that offers engraving too

Why was it this, of all things, that became such a poorfag magnet?

Is the barrel a standard AR barrel or does it have its own unique profile?

cheap

>t. Davidson Defense employee

It's relatively cheap, it appeals to people who buy into the "piston = most reliable" meme, it's based off of a military rifle so it appeals to the milfags, and it typically only has irons so there's an excuse to not put money into an optic. It's a perfect storm of things that appeal to poorfags and the type of mindsets that come with being a poorfag.

>muh $500
>muh Taiwanese .mil
>muh basically an HK416
>muh Wolf

Unique. The gas port journal is .708in diamter and the barrel is around .67in diameter. Muzzle threads are standard though.
A regular AR barrel can be swapped if you get the T91 AR mil-spec gas block though.

>XT-97 project
[desire to know more intensifies]

From what I understand it's a SCAR clone suffering from Tactical Tuna syndrome
Still in prototype and testing stage

Attached: xt-97.jpg (604x403, 85K)

Neat. Hope they make a semi-auto one.

So I'm going to need some details on where to buy that 7n6 pillow, please and thank you.

amazon.com/54r-Spam-Can-Collectable-Pillow/dp/B00LH4VIUO
Also comes with a one-sided foam AK mag

Attached: 1545092233118.jpg (648x484, 334K)

He looks like an 8 year old

It sounds interesting, but I'm going to need to see considerably more evidence of their long-term viability before I buy any piston ar that doesn't say "HK" on the side.

>implying you could afford one that says HK on the side.

Anyone make a pistol on the 12in upper?

Yep. Got a shock wave brace works great. Ammunitionstore.com has them for 450 + 16 for shipping. Fuck classic they charge sales tax and shipping makes it 500.

>Bakelite sponge when?

Close enough

Attached: GSC_Claymore_Soap_1024x1024_2x_d88c5d01-b99f-481a-a3e6-21afd5e350fc_530x@2x.jpg (800x600, 28K)