Why are toyotas much more popular technicals than hondas?

Why are toyotas much more popular technicals than hondas?

Attached: 1544817005291.webm (360x360, 346K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XBlaL84OMHg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_War
autoweek.com/article/wait-theres-more/yes-you-can-still-buy-brand-new-uaz-bukhanka-road-van
uaz.global/distributors
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because they're more reliable and ricer faggots dont drive them

Honda doesn't make a real pickup truck.

toyotas are god tier when to comes to reliability to cost ratio. they also make trucks, which are needed for technicals

Attached: 1542482290069.jpg (768x1024, 301K)

Because they are more common. If there were as many Honda light trucks in the middle east and Africa we would see more. I don't even think they make a light truck

What about ladas?

whats the source of this?

They've been making the Ridgeline for a decade now.

not a truck retard

because the only non-kei truck honda makes is a FWD biased "AWD" truck based on a fucking minivan.
a garbage minivan with a track record for recalls and class action lawsuit that'd make GM blush.

Attached: 2011-honda-odyssey-photo-355047-s-original.jpg (1280x782, 139K)

>Save gas money to fuck over OPEC
>Buy minigun to fuck over OPSEC

youtube.com/watch?v=XBlaL84OMHg

Toyota Aisin is one of the few reliable long lasting transmissions.
The hondamatics are fucking terrible and cannot absorb the added weight or severe duty conditions

Attached: revupyourjihad.jpg (998x555, 135K)

Honda parts are harder to get, for older models, than toyota parts.

>toyotas are god tier when to comes to reliability to cost ratio
Not anymore, at least in the US thanks to fudds and truckfags

Ladas are not reliable. They work when they shouldn't and break down when they shouldn't. It's a fucking FIAT produced by the Soviets. Nothing about that is good.

Toyota is the single largest automobile manufacturer in the world.

You don't know what fudd means and you need to shut the fuck up and stop posting you retarded newfaggot

Universally every faggot I see saying "you don't NEED an assault weapon" and "bolt actions are enough" are always old fat fucks driving the newest model of F150 courtesy of their SSI payments.

Then add the little dick truck fags driving lifted F250 and ROLL COAL shit larping as cowboys and country men but have never lived further out of the suburbs than the drive in who totally are gun owners except it's a never fired G19 in their dresser.

Combined you have an environment where all trucks, now including Toyotas after the 3rd gen Tacomas, put more emphasis on MUH COMFORT than any actual reliability.

Because thanks to the aforementioned two types of people the American truck market is shit.

it's got like a 6' bed, it's barely a truck.

It's just a good, solid car

Attached: 12341324124.jpg (704x528, 28K)

Those people aren't why the Tacoma costs so much, because like you just said they're driving Fords.

Tacomas are so expensive specifically because their reputation is so stellar. When you have a truck that runs the same at 200,000 as it did at 0, people take notice.

Honda doesn't make trucks, and honda is not that common. Toyota basically owns the international market on most class of cars.

>a minivan with its back chopped off is a truck
Kys ricer.

The American truck (and suv) market is what the American land barge market was, youngun. And yes it is about comfort, you can thank lawmakers for making it expensive to make a v8 giant station wagon, truck laws are more lax.

>Tacoma
>reliable reputation
Lol no. The only people who think tacomas are reliable are idiots who think tacos are hiluxes. The land cruiser had the legendary reliability in the US. Tacos aren't that expensive new for thier class, they have aftermarket value because they're one of the few light trucks on the market. Rangers, and old Colorados and dakotas sell for similar. Stick shift dakotas pre 2000s are fucking bullet proof. Stay away from anything Chrystler automatic. T. Mechanic of 7 years.

A Fiat produced by the Soviets when Fiats were a goddamn hazard to even drive, if it started that is

>The only people who think tacomas are reliable are idiots who think tacos are hiluxes.
That and you know, everyone who has ever owned a fucking taco.

Nothing compares to the reliability of a Toyota, they just keep going no matter what you throw at them.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_War
>Toyota trucks was used by literal Chads to win a war

Attached: 1540261682137.jpg (441x630, 45K)

>brothers taco
>300,000 miles before selling
>no major mechanical issues

>dads taco
>over 400,000 miles of abuse
>power steering went out
>still drives nice no drama

>my taco
>300,000 miles
>clutch master cylinder needs replacing
>no drama and drives nicely otherwise

Windshield wiper blades, gas money, and oil changes will keep a tacoma running like a new truck longer than any ford or chrysler truck you can name.

Sip harder, fag.

Do you live in a wet and/or cold place?

meant for

Regional requirements are easily overlooked in this conversation (samefag)

Thx user

There was an episode of Top Gear where they got a Hilux and threw everything they could at it to try to get it to stop running, it survived all of it. Toyota then bought the Hilux back from Top Gear, and kept it in the lobby of their headquarters in japan.

>Prius
Actual faggots drive them.

paaap
braapapap
pap
pap
paaap

Attached: 61d1f2f522a7ca9eead2ed01383b1a4f.jpg (1435x765, 542K)

I am in Norway. Toyota is the top seller brand here most years. We have cold snowy winters and the state pours salt on the roads like it was popcorn to keep them snow clean. What is capable of rusting, rusts. Yet my 22 year old Toyota Corolla keeps rolling.

Here is the funny part. Every last old Toyota 4WD, included the ones who are so worn out they can no longer be allowed on the road, are bought up by a few companies that offer a low amount for each. Then they are loaded into ships that are more like rust buckets, and... exported to Africa. My dad's old Hiace had gone 300.000 miles and had rust everywhere, but off to Africa it went. Probably sports an MG now.

Jow Forums prototype

Attached: K_Prius.gif (320x238, 1.27M)

How are UAZ? I always thought they looked cool and fun, although I know the chance of ever having one is about 0. Either due to cost, or getting cucked by US insurance costs due to safety.

Still, it would be fun to have one as a secondary vehicle.

Live the dream, man. You can still buy one brand new. They have US importers now too.

autoweek.com/article/wait-theres-more/yes-you-can-still-buy-brand-new-uaz-bukhanka-road-van

The US importer is in Miami.

uaz.global/distributors

Toyota makes the best trucks. Fight me GM/Ford faggots.

>technical thread
>no technicals

Shame on you

I won't. Just want to point out the obvious difference between US and non-US cars: The tank-sized engines. I know, Toyota has gas guzzlers too - but they are selling one helluva lot of small size engines too. Even for the technicals-to-be.

t.bitter millennial

I take it you don't work on cars for a living

>young'un
when you need to prove you're retarded with out a doubt.

sure kid

sure kid

I kinda want a ford raptor tho

Attached: F096AD5A-6945-4093-9256-B289E171BCEE.jpg (2250x1375, 365K)

>courtesy of their SSI payments
Made me laugh, working in finance I can see a lot of them like this.

I have a 99 jeep wrangler, feels like a solid piece of work.

Looks like tactical bullshit, low drag high speed bullshit.

Not hard to think your car is reliable if all you do is drive to work in it.

>he thinks any of those numbers are impressive
>2/3 ended up with mechanical issues
>b-but they drove f-fine
My dakota spent its life getting destroyed on construction sites and hauling shit that woukd make a 3/4 ton blush, 350k before I gave it to my uncle, literally 0 mechanical issues. Same with my ranger, just under 400k before my dad's friend totalled it. My last truck was a 98 ram Cummins we used to drive coast to coast for our business, threw it away at 350k or just under, only thing that broke on that was the ac. If your car can't make it to 400k without trouble you're either doing something wrong or it sucks, I got rid of my focus 2000 at 510k (surveyors car), worst I ever did in that was replace the battery terminals and the engine mounts. My corrola is just under 300k. I sold my 99 crv recently at 320k, 3 times crashed whole car was bent out of shape and we hauled truck sized cargo in that civic based crossover, and all I ever replaced was the fluids and engine/tranny mounts.There's no need to cope user, I like toyota but I know they don't pay you.

>99 wrangler
Iron Duke or AMC i6? Watch for the tranny and oil leaks around the engine and she'll out last you.

Africans are buying old Toyotas all over Europe. Basically any mechanic, shaman or witch doctor can repair old carburator Toyota engines. What they don't like are Toyotas with fuel injection and stuff like variable valve timing and ECU's. When the people that got late 80's or early 90's cars as their first car or first decent car get old enoung to be nostalgic and have money they are going to be disappointed, as niggers have bought a lot of 'em to ship to Africa.

I think you mean Uber drivers, user.

cant we crossbread this with a true uaz?

>How are UAZ?
Shitty. Incredibly bad.

do you have a point?

>Unibody
>Pickup

Pick one.

i have good experiance with it.
Cheap, a beater, goes where other cars simply cant.

>the Chad Toyota

There's more of them in theater and there's a fuckload better spare parts available etc. But you didn't want to know that, you just wanted to meme with your ''newfound'' webm by the black cock coffee company.

Attached: download (15).jpg (1200x800, 110K)

>that webm
>When you're a Saudi billionaire and you're principal question is "why the fuck not?"
I really want "Why the fuck not?" money.

>Honda Ridgeline
>looks like a slide sandal

because old Hilux and Land Cruiser are amazing

Attached: 406957_001_ss_01.jpg (1280x960, 46K)

I know how you feel, I saw a Hummer H3 with a pick up bed the other day and I immediately wanted it, and immediately hated myself for it.

God damn it, that's the exact pick up truck I want, minus the paint scheme.

>Old Land Cruisers
Mah nigga

Attached: 12587465254321.jpg (640x432, 53K)

Attached: download (16).jpg (1200x800, 92K)

those are dope but nah fambly i meant old old

Attached: bestwhips.jpg (2000x1125, 551K)

All the better. Old Land Rovers, Land Cruisers, first generation Humvees, and Jeeps are my fucking jam.

Attached: 1541689049750.jpg (1024x673, 49K)

>98 ram
>350k
>no problems

Horseshit. My 95 Ram was a barely running rusted shitheap at 180k

They'll get you to point B in the middle of a shitstorm. But they aren't comfortable or fun to drive.

Attached: 1542495663773.jpg (939x619, 372K)

why the fuck is there a yagi tv antenna on that prius???