Does anyone live in NY...

does anyone live in NY? I'm being transferred from PA to NY and was wondering what the gun and CCW laws were generally like? are they different between NY state and NYC

thanks

dave, 31, pennsylvania

Attached: NY_state.png (625x625, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunstocarry.com/gun-laws-state/new-york-gun-laws/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i'm sorry

Sometimes I wonder how it's possible to be this ignorant.

If there was anything cool or high capacity that you wanted to buy, you might want to buy it now, because you are about to be 10 different kinds of ass raped, even if you're going up state.

no high cap mags
no CC reciprocity
need CC to own a pistol legally
CCs can take over a year depending on county, need references who live in the same county and known you for a year to even apply for CC
Assult weapon ban, no pistol grips with detachable mags
no NFA items at all
no Long guns in NYC

it's okay, I appreciate the reply though

sorry to offend, I'll read the Jow Forums rules more closely next time

thanks guys. really appreciate. frustrating that it's so restrictive

dave, 31, pennsylvania

gunstocarry.com/gun-laws-state/new-york-gun-laws/

albanyfag here. good luck and god speed, dave.

You want a transfer to Atlanta or Dallas if you can get one. Miami would work too.

Do you like shotguns, bolt-actions, the Mini-14, and the PC Carbine (with an unthreaded barrel)? Because if so, I’ve got good news for you!

If you like anything else, including ARs, AKs, and handguns, not so much I’m afraid.

Here’s my NY raifu. I highly recommend them as a great ban state option.

Attached: 34EE78D8-F642-4981-8112-0E75BBC864A8.jpg (3024x4032, 2.29M)

Wonder if you could give the ultimatum of remaining at your current location or bringing a suit.

I do not live in NY but I can tell you that their gun laws really blow. Last I checked they have a 7 round magazine capcity limit and a whole bunch of other retarded shit. Look up the "SAFE" act.

You can have long guns in NYC. It’s a different license than pistol license.

10 round. 7 was deemed retarded and the flipped it back.

Long Island here. Where are you moving to?

Dave when you where 10 there where paper signs all over NYC areas on poles and whatnot stating GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN.....I think that advice is still valid

Attached: DIRTY-ROTTEN-SILVERSTEIN-2.jpg (650x583, 170K)

Wot? You can still get ars and aks they just need to not have a pistol grip which is a single part swap and can only have a single feature such as detachable magazine.
Meaning essentially no pistol grip, muzzle device, collapsing stock or bayonet lug.

Pic related is a .22 but shows essentially the restrictions.

Attached: Smith_22_NY__48864.1435859150.1280.1280.jpg (1280x292, 47K)

dave as in David...l'chaim

Attached: 1520707640765.jpg (524x416, 18K)

And an ak for comparison; again no muzzle device or bayonet lug.

Attached: ak47-new-york-legal-riley-wood-6-of-12-jpg.jpg (599x323, 291K)

7 rounds was deemed arbitrary by a judge, so instead he chose the arbitrary number 10 so as not to be arbitrary.

You don't need a permit for rifles and shotguns but you DO need one for pistols and it's a long and shitty process. A CCW permit is a whole other animal and you better be rich/connected/jewish if you live in NYC.
>awb
>no good mags
>pretty good shooting ranges upstate though

Attached: 1523837209215.jpg (1181x897, 108K)

You do need a license for a rifle or shotgun in NYC.

Don't obey any of New York's gun laws. Us New Yorkers sure as fuck don't. Register nothing.

>CCs can take over a year depending on county, need references who live in the same county and known you for a year to even apply for CC
Depends and varies extremely chaotically from county to county. Some counties mandate your "good moral character" references be known to you for 5 years and live in the county you reside (effectively a 5 year long ban on pistol ownership). Some counties have no time requirement like based Orange County. I know Dutchess County requires you know them for at least 6 months. Some allow you to use literally anyone as a reference. Some are extremely restrictive which makes it hard for many people to find enough references to meet this requirement (no roommates, no family, no cops, no elected officials, no spouses, etc). The important question is what county is OP moving into if he decides he wants to comply with unconstitutional bullshit laws.

Has anyone tried these yet?
Polish waffle mags

Attached: 92252331-1E4A-4A27-BF69-6A4FF7045275.jpg (400x400, 43K)