C308 GOOD? BAD?

What's the consensus here on the C308? I'm going to get one just curious.

Attached: Screenshot_20181222-233652.png (720x1280, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

classicfirearms.com/ptr-g-1-308-caliber-semi-auto-rifle/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Literally nothing wrong with it - get the one with the surplus wood furniture

>century made
>literally nothing wrong with it

>century
Just don't. It's $400 more to get a PTR. Your face is worth more than $400.

My face? What about it.

Deal with it. It’s literally a meme. Century build != century production

Prove they explode. I’ve over 2500 rounds through mine

its probably ok. the glaring issue with the c308 is the higher chance of having an issue with your specific rifle. these issues can range from the insignificant to the "forget it, we'll just give you a new gun" type problem. this is what century is known for.
if you are a super poorfag and this is all you can afford then so be it. buy it and shoot your two boxes of wolf 308 through it once a year. otherwise, it would be smart to go with a company with a lower rate of quality control issues, namely ptr. im not saying ptr cant turn out a lemon, because they do, but like i said, century has a hard earned reputation for problems.

If you're buying century shit, you might not keep your face attached.
>2500 rounds through it
doubt. You spent well over a grand on ammo but can't even fork up a couple hundred more to not have the worst manufacturer in the world make your gun?

Sure, they have less chance to fuck up when they make a parts kit, but I don't trust those retards to do anything right. I especially don't trust them enough to be shooting 7.62 REAL FUCKIN NATO out of one of their timebombs.

>if you are a super poorfag
at that point, why even get a .308/7.62nato gun? The ammo ain't cheap to shoot compared to intermediate rounds. You'd end up with a gun that you'll barely shoot because you're poorfag and you can afford to shoot it much.

God I wish I could buy one of these. Even if I was deported to mexico...

If you're willing to roll the dice, they're ok, but you are running the risk that you're going to have to rebuild the gun yourself to make it functional.

The earlier ones were prone to slamfires. Not sure about the later versions, but I haven't been hearing about that problem recently. The Receivers are made by PTR and they're assembled by Century with Spanish CETME parts kits. Honestly, if you can hold out for an extra $300-$500, I'd suggest simply getting a PTR 91, preferably something with a magazine lever release. Just my suggestion, though.

classicfirearms.com/ptr-g-1-308-caliber-semi-auto-rifle/

Mines been great. Made it into a Hk clone with wide forearm and hk bipod. 40 mags, optic rifle with hk furniture for $ 720

Sorry you have autism bro, surp guns are badass and it’s pretty sad you can’t look past one YouTube video where a journalist test piece malfunctioned

>earlier ones were prone...
One example
>lever mag release
The singular valid criticism

>I especially don't trust them enough to be shooting 7.62 REAL FUCKIN NATO out of one of their timebombs.

For what it's worth, it's actually safer than shooting .308 hunting cartridges through it. The military stuff (generally) uses harder primers to avoid slamfires when the round goes into battery. 308, although very similar to 7.62x51 NATO, is actually the hotter round of the two...kinda the opposite difference between it and .223 vs. 5.56.

>is actually the hotter round of the two
Not true at all.
They have the same pressure specs but differ in chamber tolerances.

>surp guns are badass
They sure are, that's why I own so many. My Swedish Mauser is my pride and joy.

>you can’t look past one YouTube video where a journalist test piece malfunctioned
No, I can't look past the thousands of massive failures this company has released. They have ONE gun that is ok, and they've fucked it up a lot in the past. This company didn't earn their reputation from " YouTube video where a journalist test piece malfunctioned".

Look at this fucking prehistoric meme. Century has been shit for so long people were making goddamn demotivational posters about it. Christ.

Attached: centurymonkey1.jpg (750x600, 204K)

Get over it faggot there is literally nothing wrong with a c308

>literally nothing wrong with a c308
Of course, I'm sure there is indeed 'a c308' that is perfectly fine. Not all of them, but one, sure.

I don't trust Century on principle. Every company has lemons but Century has a much higher rate than others.

Attached: C308.webm (640x360, 807K)

Late boyscout is one of those people that is just lucky to be alive. It's amazing that someone can literally choose this is a profession, and still not menially inspect a firearm before going to the range. I could maybe forgive that of some random autist that only shoots his gun once a year, but this is your fucking chosen profession. you have to actually inspect guns before you shoot them.

A cursory glance at the bolt, to make sure it was going into battery, and the firing pin was not broken, would have prevented that.

you're really choosing a dumb hill to die on. Century isn't all shit, but to defend and deflect to this length is hilariously blatant

>defending late boyscout
>claiming others are choosing a dumb hill to die on

Oh the ironing