Stainless steel is best steel

stainless steel is best steel

Attached: 1544661465034.jpg (5184x3456, 3.07M)

stainless with wood is peak fudd dad aesthetic

With how much gun owners fret over rust, why isn't stainless the default?

CRS is not quite as strong and has shit tribological properties.

This, I've slowly switched out my gun collection of blued steel for Stainless Steel.

Exception being a couple of glocks.

The Hawkeye action is rough as fuck tho.
-1 point for not being an M70 Stainless Supergrade

Because blued looks nicer when it's highly polished.
Though stainless coating options (Cerakote, nitride, etc.) are more common now and you can get the same look as matte blued but on a stainless gun.
I'd take a stainless only if I really anticipated some abuse in the field.

Black guns > white guns

stainless steel fucking feels like shit. Blued steal is where that shits at.

isn't stainless super soft and unfit for military use? it's kinda a civilian fudd thing, parked and painted high quality carbon steel is where it's at

What the fuck are you doing with your scope mounting position?

Attached: 1490204430191.jpg (641x530, 25K)

Which stainless though? The best "stainless" for rifle barrels is 416R which isn't even actually stainless.

That's called a scout mounted scope. You use a long eye-relief scope. It gives you better situational awareness and if the firearm is a top load or eject, then it's out of the way.

Thanks for the info. I was definitely ignorant of the fact that eye reliefs can be that long.

Brushed chrome is the pratricians choice

Cheers.
Firearms are one of those subjects where you can spend decades reading about and always have new things to learn.
Scout mounting isn't very common anymore, since even budget bolt-actions use detachable box mags and have a rail along the entire length of the receiver. It was a lot more common back in the 70's and 80's.

Not it's more brittle, but reapply isn't that big of a deal for civilians and even then, you can nitride treat stainless, that makes it more durable and look like it's blued.

We can "Blacked" white guns, if you want.

Stainless is weaker than a good quality non stainless steel. It's also cheaper for firearm manufacturers to work with despite the base material being more expensive. Shit choice for firearms. Only place it has is in barrels since they can make a more accurate barrel for cheaper. Only downside is that it'll open faster than a quality nonstainless.

The point of mounting farther forward is to allow both eyes open while aiming to increase your situation awareness.

i dislike shiny things

What's the top rifle?

dumbass

Get off your knees and wipe Jeff Cooper's nut from your chin.

He's right, though. Stainless steel isn't used because it's more durable, it's picked because it can be machined more precisely.

Stainless steel moving against stainless steel galls unless you dunk the whole weapon in a drum of 10w-40. If you have that much oil on your gun, you wouldn't even need bluing on carbon steel.

There are more gun fetishists on this site than people who actually shoot.

Just spray the contact point with a light amount of fucking white lithium grease you retard. You can buy one can of that shit and be good for Life

kek, I bet you put My Little Pony stickers on the PSA AR kit you fucked up during assembly.

Dumb cunt.

>spray
>white lithium grease

Good Lord.

This place is absolutely filled with no gunz retards that thinks CLP is actually a lubricant and not a cleaner made for retards

Nigger holocaust?

>This place is absolutely filled with no gunz retards that thinks CLP is actually a lubricant and not a cleaner made for retards

Who said anything about CLP, you scrote lapping butt nugget?

Sprayed on lithium grease + dust and dirt = an excellent lapping compound, you ignorant no guns cunt.

>m-m-muh dirt and grit in da action
>it w-w-will jam. A YouTube video tol me

A light amount of lithium grease along a slide frame or in a bolt cam isn’t going to jam your old Mini14 range queen on the range you hysterical woman. It doesn’t do it in field conditions for military MK19s and some other machine guns and it won’t do it the one time of year you go to shoot cans in the quarry

Go cry little a retarded bitch to other noguns faggots who are fucking stupid enough to believe your fairytales, dumb cunt.

Not him, but
>Lol nogunz over here plays with Mk19s in-country. No way he knows anything about REAL guns under REAL conditions.
This is the cringiest I've seen Jow Forums in a long time.

>spray the contact point with a light amount of fucking white lithium grease

Bacon grease works really well, too. It smells like breakfast when you mag dump.

There is nothing wrong with 4140.

whats the top rifle?

>Just as the founding fathers intended

You could even use canola if you wanted.
Then you can legitimately say that your gun is rape scented.

Attached: rapefield.jpg (634x415, 88K)

Ruger Scout Rifle

Sup guys. Does anyone know the weight of Barrett M82/Serbu BFG-50A barrel? The tube itself, I mean. The outer diameter will also help.