DIY bullet proof armor for $30

youtube.com/watch?v=_7jiIQOgwtI

If bullet proof vests are so cheap to make. Why isn't this a standard equipment for every single cop?

Attached: maxresdefault (12).jpg (1280x720, 132K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/6x8-Level-IIIA-Stand-alone-Body-Armor-Plate-Bulletproof-Insert/172162179517?
ar500armor.com/ar500-armor-body-armor/level-iii-body-armor/polyethylene-level-iii-armor-10-x-12.html
youtu.be/_7jiIQOgwtI
youtube.com/watch?v=QfDoQwIAaXg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I thought most cops do wear body armor, usually high mobility armor though

it pretty much is except better and flexible.

ebay.com/itm/6x8-Level-IIIA-Stand-alone-Body-Armor-Plate-Bulletproof-Insert/172162179517?

Attached: 11.png (597x557, 434K)

Why isn't every student backpack fitted with a bullet proof plate?

Level 3 is easy
So easy they’re now making it out of plastic

ar500armor.com/ar500-armor-body-armor/level-iii-body-armor/polyethylene-level-iii-armor-10-x-12.html

So easy you can make it at home from welding blankets with no tools whatsoever

youtu.be/_7jiIQOgwtI

Why isnt every student fitted with a musket? As the founders intended....

How would this level III plate in a level II or IIIA vest with plate inserts? Would it bolster it to Level IV or just make it more resistant to multiple strikes? I'm still kind of confused on the effects of "stacking" plates with vests because some of the vests are advertised as being level IV with plates and level II or IIIA without.

>polyethylene
UHMWPE?

If you put it on top of, say, a steel plate, then it would help a lot more by catching particulates ("spall").

youtube.com/watch?v=QfDoQwIAaXg
WARNING: DO NOT WATCH THAT VIDEO IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING IMPORTANT TO DO WITHIN THE NEXT 10 MINUTES. IT IS HYPNOTIC.

Interesting thought here - the average male has a body surface area of 1.9 m^2, or 2945 square inches. Those plates are 3.3 lbs for a 10"x12" shooters cuts, so figure ~ 100 square inches to account for the corners. Thus you could cover more than half of a man's body, (1500 in^2) in equivalent plates and keep the weight under 50 pounds. Modern knight's armour when?

Attached: i2qpbtqg8cw11.jpg (720x960, 69K)

Okay...now add all the other equipment weight on top of that.

A hair over 1/8in thick (.135)

Should stop everything except 10mm hot load.

Now just need some ceramic tiles, fiberglass mats and leather harness.

Attached: 1114181937a.jpg (4160x2336, 2.94M)

Attached: idiot.jpg (315x236, 30K)

I thought about making this a long time ago, but the idea of getting shot and having fiberglass particles blow up all over you and getting in your eyes scares me. I hate fiberglass. Hell even just handling that thing just below my face would be scary. dropping it and knocking it around might loosen up strands of fiberglass and blind me.

Attached: 1355079773274.png (645x715, 577K)

One fud with a .30-06 will end you

>Wearing 50lbs of armor that can't protect you from common rifle calibres.

HMMMMMM.

You don't need all that other equipment once you're immune to gunfire. All you need is a sword and the balls to use it.
>When You were partying I studied The Blade...

Depends on if he has level IV armor or not

Thanks man, I've been looking for some cheap armor to do tests on

Basically the setup is as strong as the best armor present at impact with the caveat that sometimes if a bullet that punches through the plate has lost enough velocity and/or deformed sufficiently the kevelar(or other weaker armor) may catch the bullet

Why would anyone spend that much on lvl 3 when 4 is priced the same?

weight.

bureaucracy.... NIJ Ratings...probably expensive to get certified. Insurance for the company selling it...manufacturing...especially in America. It adds up. I saw this company TPG Black at a gun show... thought it was typical gun show trash but I saw some cops using it on IG. Theyre probably paid shills... its reasonably priced 3lb level 4+ ceramic plates though.

how you like that ptr.