Did audie murphy really do all that crazy shit?

did audie murphy really do all that crazy shit?
seems hard to believe

Attached: audie-murphy-uniform-3-crop-588x845.jpg (588x845, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/63rd_Infantry_Division_(United_States)
lsbauctions.com/1036/audie-murphys-m1-carbine-gift-to-dfc-recipient-george-d-mclvor-for-sale-at-lsb/
youtu.be/uRf8WfuKkEc
youtube.com/watch?v=Ej0HaDLaoRk
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_B._Bleak
m.warhistoryonline.com/articles/the-heroic-waal-river-crossing-82nd-airborne-504th-pir-h-company-after-action-report.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"The Greatest Generation"
I think there is some truth to that notion.

Manlets belong in the trash

Attached: fuck off manlet.webm (640x640, 666K)

>letting a short person kill you
>1943

How embarrassing.

Manlet rage is a powerful thing.

When you mistreat them, they become more powerful.
Manlets are the most powerful race on Earth.

Attached: manlet refused to learn.gif (500x729, 709K)

cursed image

He's at like perfect titty-sucking height.

He's gotta stand on his tip toes to reach

God why can't that be me

A lot of people did crazy shit in times of war. Audie, Leo Major, Ugern-Sternberg, Simo Hayha… I don't know many names, but I know for sure a lot of people did crazy, risky shit or were just straight-up badass.

>be me, 6' bean
>meet 6'3 qt
>shes a total sperg but I find it cute
>she always wears heels, probably from lack of self awareness
>chat her up, she spills spaghetti like crazy and always comes to talk to me when I see her so she can sperg out about college and other girly shit
>mfw didn't get her number or social media before she went to college
>mfw havent seen her in months

God FUCKING dammit Jow Forums I hate myself sometimes

Attached: sad marco.jpg (1024x1007, 616K)

>tfw I have a thing for taller women but I'm 6'3
Fucking kill me anons

Truth is stranger than fiction

He really did all of that stuff, it was verified on both sides of the battle. Do you think he was faking the PTSD that drove him to suicide?

Audie Murphy died in a plane crash...he didn't kill himself.

When you think about how many people actually served in WWII, it becomes much more likely. A "one in a million" incident could happen to 14 people just in the US because of how many people served.

The Germans scored a direct hit on an M10 tank destroyer, setting it alight, forcing the crew to abandon it.[69] Murphy ordered his men to retreat to positions in the woods, remaining alone at his post, shooting his M1 carbine and directing artillery fire via his field radio while the Germans aimed fire directly at his position.[70] Murphy mounted the abandoned, burning tank destroyer and began firing its .50 caliber machine gun at the advancing Germans, killing a squad crawling through a ditch towards him.[71] For an hour, Murphy stood on the flaming tank destroyer returning German fire from foot soldiers and advancing tanks, killing or wounding 50 Germans. He sustained a leg wound during his stand, and stopped only after he ran out of ammunition. Murphy rejoined his men, disregarding his own injury, and led them back to repel the Germans. He insisted on remaining with his men while his wounds were treated.[69]

For his actions that day, he was awarded the Medal of Honor.[72] The 3rd Infantry Division was awarded the Presidential Unit Citation for its actions at the Colmar Pocket, giving Murphy a Bronze Oak Leaf Cluster for the emblem.[73]

Attached: ops face when.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

I believe it.

He probably was so resolved to die and knew he was going to die.
A man will do some crazy shit so long as he's 100% sure that he's already a dead man.
Guess what? He obviously didn't die, and went above & beyond the call of duty because of this.

Audie Murphy is a cute shots who'd kill lots and lots of German Nazi loli..

Attached: __real_life_and_etc_drawn_by_erica_naze1940__9ec5f4f83c2cccf0c7bab92f219cea93.jpg (2000x1413, 1.98M)

"Shota"

Anyone who asks this kind of question should just go and read citations for the Medal of Honor. There are plenty of other people who did amazing things in the face of certain death; what mainly sets Audie Murphy apart from them is that he got lucky and survived. Most of other people who perform similarly amazing feats and aren't named Alvin York end up dead.

Imagine trying to discredit a medal of honor recipient.

Medal of Honor (nominated three times for three separate events)
Distinguished Service Cross (with one oak leaf cluster)
Silver Star
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit (with three oak leaf clusters)
Bronze Star (with three oak leaf clusters and "V" device)
Purple Heart (with a silver and two bronze oak leaf clusters)
Meritorious Service Medal (with two oak leaf clusters)
Air Medal (with "V" Device and numeral 3. One award for heroism and two for aerial achievement)
Joint Service Commendation
Army Commendation Medal (with "V" device and one each silver and bronze oak leaf clusters. 4 awards for valor and 3 for achievement)

During his 54 months of combat duty in Vietnam, Howard was wounded 14 times and was awarded eight Purple Heart Medals.

Attached: Howard, Robert L 3-2-71.jpg (1618x1997, 177K)

Do you understand the fucking scale of the Second World War? Millions of soldiers fighting in multiple countries in muktiple battles at any given time. From purely a statistical chance there were bound to be a few guys who just wouldn’t die even while killing many many people in unbeatable odds. Look at this random American unit deployed late in the war and look at how far they fought, how many battles they were in, rivers they crossed and how many awards they got. It was bound to happen

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/63rd_Infantry_Division_(United_States)

Attached: i still see them.jpg (1618x1997, 359K)

do it yourself you ungrateful fuck

>stopped only after he ran out of ammunition

>mfw I would have bitten their ankles

Attached: MXFQ3Oq_d.jpg (640x796, 45K)

There's alot of Medal winners on pootube and their stories are insane

Seent some shit

Get her social media from a mutual friend.

1/2

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in action at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty. 1st Lt. Howard (then SFC .), distinguished himself while serving as platoon sergeant of an American-Vietnamese platoon which was on a mission to rescue a missing American soldier in enemy controlled territory in the Republic of Vietnam. The platoon had left its helicopter landing zone and was moving out on its mission when it was attacked by an estimated 2-company force. During the initial engagement, 1st Lt. Howard was wounded and his weapon destroyed by a grenade explosion. 1st Lt. Howard saw his platoon leader had been wounded seriously and was exposed to fire. Although unable to walk, and weaponless, 1st Lt. Howard unhesitatingly crawled through a hail of fire to retrieve his wounded leader. As 1st Lt. Howard was administering first aid and removing the officer's equipment, an enemy bullet struck 1 of the ammunition pouches on the lieutenant's belt, detonating several magazines of ammunition

. 1st Lt. Howard momentarily sought cover and then realizing that he must rejoin the platoon, which had been disorganized by the enemy attack, he again began dragging the seriously wounded officer toward the platoon area. Through his outstanding example of indomitable courage and bravery, 1st Lt. Howard was able to rally the platoon into an organized defense force. With complete disregard for his safety, 1st Lt. Howard crawled from position to position, administering first aid to the wounded, giving encouragement to the defenders and directing their fire on the encircling enemy. For 312 hours 1st Lt. Howard's small force and supporting aircraft successfully repulsed enemy attacks and finally were in sufficient control to permit the landing of rescue helicopters. 1st Lt. Howard personally supervised the loading of his men and did not leave the bullet-swept landing zone until all were aboard safely. 1st Lt. Howard's gallantry in action, his complete devotion to the welfare of his men at the risk of his life were in keeping with the highest traditions of the military service and reflect great credit on himself, his unit, and the U.S. Army.

Howard was recommended for the Medal of Honor on three separate occasions for three individual actions during thirteen months spanning 1967–1968. The first two nominations were downgraded to a Silver Star and the Distinguished Service Cross due to the covert and top secret nature of the operations in which Howard participated.

Attached: 1527287718400.jpg (552x679, 49K)

Is it still killing yourself if someone else drives you there?

It's important to note that this was done in the middle of winter, during a wet day. In the movie, they toned it down to being a sunny day in late summer since the reality was too awesome for television.
Oh, yeah, he played himself in the movie about himself based on the book he wrote.

Attached: to-hell-and-back-movie-poster-1955-1020686486_1024x1024.jpg (673x520, 55K)

Read 'No Name On The Bullet' a rare book.
Audie was a hard ass he often carried a trench knife, 1917 45ACP and a Springfield, while marching in Sicily , he would swap guns to suit conditions. He once said thathe might have become a gangster if the war had not come along because he was bullied so much in school. He collected a number of German sniper rifles off of those he shot at close range using an M-1 carbine in the Hertigun forrest

He also had sever PTSD from seeing his friends shot to shit, his best friend was literally cut in half by an MG-42

imagine murdering a few white men for kikes, trannies, and niggers, getting a medal for it, and ptsd-chimping out on your wife. what a faggot. big S for that grave.

imagine being a fat NEET posting about it on 4channel

Here you go user. Now you can have an award too and shut the fuck about the achievements of better men!

Attached: anonsaward.png (968x926, 12K)

she probably sucks cock with the same height as him on her free time

Speaking of people in WWII doing crazy shit, if you need proof of God, look no further than Desmond Doss.

Attached: Desmond.jpg (979x1200, 162K)

Reminder that the Krauts performed MoH-tier heroics every day on the Ostfront.

He did. He mostly managed to not get shot or blown up, which was mostly a blessing.

>proof of God

>After the war, Doss initially planned to continue his career in carpentry, but extensive damage to his left arm made him unable to do so.[7] In 1946, Doss was diagnosed with tuberculosis, which he had contracted on Leyte.[16] He underwent treatment for five and a half years – which cost him a lung and five ribs – before being discharged from the hospital in August 1951 with 90% disability.[17][18]

Doss continued to receive treatment from the military, but after an overdose of antibiotics rendered him completely deaf in 1976, he was given 100% disability; he was able to regain his hearing after receiving a cochlear implant in 1988.[5][16] Despite the severity of his injuries, Doss managed to raise a family on a small farm in Rising Fawn, Georgia.[16]

Doss married Dorothy Pauline Schutte on August 17, 1942, and they had one child, Desmond "Tommy" Doss Jr., born in 1946.[16][19] Dorothy died on November 17, 1991, from a car accident.[16] Doss remarried on July 1, 1993, to Frances May Duman.[1][5]

After being hospitalized for difficulty breathing, Doss died on March 23, 2006, at his home in Piedmont, Alabama.

He became actor after WW2, right? Seems unlikely.

Holy crap, brutal.....

And the icing on the cake is the guy even looks like a Chad lmao.

Attached: the chad manlet disposer.png (399x354, 207K)

lsbauctions.com/1036/audie-murphys-m1-carbine-gift-to-dfc-recipient-george-d-mclvor-for-sale-at-lsb/

Attached: based.jpg (778x908, 83K)

he played him self in the film. He was really a small man he passed out a lot in the training. also he was underage. He was almost like Captain america before he got the super soilder treatment

also I read some where. He toned down the shit he did in real life for the film cos some of it was so unbelivable he thought people would just not belive it.

another thing audie is great but there must have been other men out there who were the same as him or even better, he just became a poster child for the military there. Some one was talking about how ww2 was the only good war where usa was the good guy there are soilders out there with more awards then him but they do not get talked about cos usa has not been in a good war where usa is the good guy every war is shame full for usa

Attached: 8338b669a1c3fa61a896579dd8d0e56b.jpg (650x366, 24K)

>Audie Murphy 5'5"
>Dan Daly 5'6"
>Chesty Puller 5'7"
Manlet memes aside, being short must provide some real benefit when it comes to being a good soldier/Marine in combat.

Attached: WWI Belleau Wood.jpg (775x1024, 247K)

based

Harder to hit. Smaller center of mass and tzone. Fit into smaller pieces of cover.

Chip on the shoulder allows for more sperging potential.

T.manlet

Don't forget Vining and Simo Hayha.

youtu.be/uRf8WfuKkEc

Sure thing grandpa

Attached: Apologize_475709_6403375.jpg (1200x1596, 278K)

In the US Army during WWII, logs were kept by the Quartermaster Corps of what sizes of clothes were issued for supply purposes, as well as by the Medical Corps for statistical purposes. It was found that the average male inductee was 5 feet, 8 inches tall and weighed 144 pounds; an inch taller and eight pounds heavier than his Great War counterpart. He had a 33 1/4" chest measurement and 31" waist measurement; he could expect to add an inch to his chest and gain anywhere from five to twenty pounds during training. Many inductees were underweight due to insufficient nutrition as they grew up during the Great Depression.

From the tariff tables showing the frequency of size issues it is found that the sizes most frequently issued are a 7 to 7 1/2 hat, number 9 gloves, a 15 shirt with a 33" sleeve, a 36 regular jacket, a pair of trousers with a 32" waist and a 32" leg length, size 11 socks, and size 9-D shoes.

Sources:

G.I.: The American Soldier in World War II, by Lee B. Kennett

Tailor to Millions, by Harold P. Godwin (Quartermaster Review, May-June 1945)

>small people make small targets
>small targets are harder to hit
>moving targets are harder to hit
>small moving targets are hardest to hit

Attached: smallsoldiers.jpg (1000x1500, 104K)

>ywn be this fucking based
Yeah but in Vietnam if you were 5'5 or below you got sent in the tunnels that the gooks made underground and it was dangerous as fuck

Attached: 45887ac18951e9a45e24d9fdf7a226eb.jpg (500x281, 25K)

I said "some" truth
of course it wasn't perfect but it was better than today's generation of self obsessed snowflakes

Attached: mfw.jpg (1024x1024, 176K)

Does a tank even carry that much ammo?

>hungover this morning
>look at hair in mirror after flaming shit
Fug.

He was only half a man after that

youtube.com/watch?v=Ej0HaDLaoRk

although the way this whole deal ended up wasn't how the people who fought envisioned it, it doesn't make their service any less admirable or heroic. audie didn't have any hatred towards the germans and used to watch the orphans on television and cry knowing he created many. but the alternative was allowing his friends to die.

yes i agree , we need more order and yes i think the germans were on the 'right side' in what they fought for. but try to have more perspective when you post rude stuff like that man

This seems true.

>3ID
Hell yeah he did

Shut the fuck up, nigger.

You'd be crying on the ground you faggot

Literal twink

>not looking at pic related
>being that much of a sperg

He wouldn't have given a bean to have been a fancy pants Marine.

José Mendoza López(July 10, 1910 – May 16, 2005) was a Mexican-bornUnited States Armysoldier who was awarded theUnited States' highest military decoration for valor in combat — theMedal of Honor— for his heroic actions during theBattle of the Bulge, in which he single-handedly repulsed a German infantry attack, killing at least 100 enemy troops

>Upon the outbreak of the Korean War, López was accidentally ordered to serve for his country and without hesitation was prepared to do so, until President Harry S. Truman, heard of and corrected the matter so that López could remain in the United States
A true patriot.

Attached: 1535003955628.gif (500x525, 1.97M)

He basically did the last scene of fury (the scene wehraboos love to hate) all by himself

Sometimes it pays to be a big guy tho

>As they attempted to continue up the hill, several Chinese soldiers from a nearby trench opened fire, injuring another soldier. According to eyewitness reports, Bleak rushed the trench and dove into it, tackling one Chinese soldier and breaking the man's neck with only his hands, killing him. Bleak was then confronted by a second soldier, whom he reportedly grabbed by the neck, fatally crushing his windpipe. A third Chinese soldier then approached, and in the ensuing scuffle, Bleak used his combat knife to kill him
>As he attempted to withdraw with the wounded soldier, Bleak was confronted by two more Chinese. Putting down the soldier, Bleak reportedly surprised the Chinese soldiers by charging them and smashing their heads together with such force that he may have fractured the skulls of one or both of the assailants before pushing them out of his way.[2][3][5][8] Eventually, all 20 men of the patrol returned to the UN lines, but a third of them were wounded. Bleak was credited with saving the patrol, both by promptly treating the wounded and by aggressively attacking and killing or neutralizing five Chinese soldiers
>Bleak grew to a height of 6.5 feet (2.0 m) tall and weighed 250 pounds (110 kg).[1] He was described as humble and quiet throughout his life

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_B._Bleak

Attached: 3734F277-6688-43C9-B70E-F73CB84E3EFB.jpg (250x352, 20K)

This dude was a fucking beast, I tried once in a street fight to break a guy's neck but his had was so goddamned oily that my hands slipped like soap in a prison shower, had to resort to just remodeling his face with my fists.

Read a book, Leaf

>I tried once in a street fight to break a guy's neck but his had was so goddamned oily that my hands slipped like soap in a prison shower
So does that mean pomade gives a tactical advantage in streetfights?

Attached: Greasers.png (700x497, 380K)

that shrimpy guy looks like audie, chad looks like all the dead germans. this is why I like guns. small man is a small target, big man is full of holes

>wow it's amazing that this guy did all this stuff!!!!

It's only amazing that he survived. Lots of people do MoH stuff. Most of them die in the process.

Doesn't make what they did any less awesome, but the reason you don't hear about more people doing it is because they and all the people near them don't live to talk about it.

Americans were actually cool back then.

They left the nearly all Salerno campaign out of the movie, The 3rd ID charged across an open plain towards german positions. Audie was with a good friend in the charge and was covered with brains when his friend's head took a direct hit from a 20mm gun

The movie toned everything down. The book is way more brutal and honest and easy to see his PTS growing more and more.

look at dis nigga's hair

he tryin to look like ace ventura or sumshit

>tfw getting martially outperformed by the company trap

Attached: 16400-0-1493046232.jpg (1920x1080, 238K)

Yeah, and the army tries not to give out the MOH, so they investigate everything. There were three times that Audie said that he wasn't being heroic. Staying on a burning tank destroyer under incoming artillery? Well, if the Germans could luck through it, so could he.

The number one radio show in the UK was darts. The number one radio show in the US was a ventriloquist act. More like dumbest generation.

Apparently the bazooka was named after a comically-oversized horn prop that a popular American comedian used, which turned out to look really similar to what the boys in R&D cooked up for man-portable anti-tank weapons.

Smaller target.

James Arness was 6'7", and shot at Anzio.

Why's the 82nd landing on a beach?

>before being discharged from the hospital in August 1951 with 90% disability
Nowadays they'd kick him loose with 10% then claim everything else wasn't service related.

Holy fuck

I'd imagine so, think why they make you shave your head when you enlist

The film was toned down at Murphy's request because he felt moviegoers of the wouldn't believe that he actually did that shit.

Nowadays in the age of action movies with huge body counts I'd love to see someone like Mel Gibson make a remake with everything intact.

>He was described as humble and quiet throughout his life
Confirmed autist pushed too far

manlet RAGE

m.warhistoryonline.com/articles/the-heroic-waal-river-crossing-82nd-airborne-504th-pir-h-company-after-action-report.html

could you imagine being one of those fucking Chinks, for just a second? seeing some White and Green God of Death come out of nowhere and just start slaughtering everybody with his bare hands? Like just for a second imagine the sublime terror those bug people must have experienced?

lol I mean if you don't want to shoot someone sure, I think if you're letting people grab your head and throat in combat you're missing that spark to survive, 5' foot rice farmers just shitting themselves

Fucking legalists breeding human beings into noncreative self-dissenterested manlets. There's a reason China kept losing

Like getting attacked by a Fleshpound in real life.

Attached: fleshpow.jpg (1280x720, 163K)

i suffered from depersonalizaton for two weeks once
weirdest/scariest fucking shit ive been through