3d-printed rifles aren't se-

>3d-printed rifles aren't se-

Attached: 1523219959778.jpg (1920x1080, 305K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!r9tlgICb!kQ9WxLXie0r8TIR_1c5JIn4hTB6zZd-_SQLmrXvZ-v8
mega.nz/#!fs9BgCIa!OI3OQ47R26YLeiCZ0vpkEj4TKubsMT5nE0Hej1ArLCU
youtube.com/watch?v=3chSzLxPuzU
youtube.com/watch?v=lRMW18FoUY8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Semen?

>tfw you prove yourself wrong but still hit post

They dont work. Period

They do, as long as the upper assemblies are made out of metal.

I can make a lower out of wood, what’s the point?

> broken plastic sound

I don't think it's possible to make a gayer lower. Seriously, unless it comes out rainbow schemed that is the gayest lower I've ever seen on a firearm.

I really wamt to defend this, because I like the idea of it.. But that lower does look gay as fuck.

uhh

Attached: 1541848809836.jpg (4128x2322, 3.12M)

Seriously why. This is fucking disgusting.

Attached: 1320017047148.png (312x332, 85K)

Nice, a plastic grenade.

What is that handguard

I see a pic of a 3D printed upper.
I see no proof that it actually works.

You can make lowers that break after 250-300 rounds or mags but the buck stops there.
Polymer~=ABS/PLA/PETG/Nylon Filament. Using them in applications like this is death unless you wanna just make rail accessories. Heat, Vibration, and material structure are the reasons why even causes doubt.

Metal additive man. is a thing except it’s too expense for the consumer and the only ones who can make it worth the money in production is GE on one of their turbine fuel nozzles because it would be too expensive to machine in 12 different pieces otherwise.

Why wouldn't a polymer upper work? All of the combustion is contained by the bolt and barrel lugs. Only problem I see is wear from the bcg. It wouldn't last long but it shouldn't be dangerous.

>It wouldn't last long
That's why it won't work, user. If it won't last then what's the point?

And keep in mind there's a huge difference between a polymer part and a 3D printed one. 3D printed parts are far weaker than parts which were injection molded.

Material strength and the endurace limit of the plastic with respect to smaller cross-sectional areas on the upper receiver are the biggest areas of concern from a reliability stand point.

Heat transfer spreads from the BCG and will heat the rest of the receiver especially if you’re mag dumping. I will give user benefit of the doubt and say that a solid plastic receiver could be one step under dangerous to the user. Post processing also sucks horse cock with 3D printing especially those threads.

The dubs of plastic manufacturing differrences speak the truth.

Makes sense. It's really just academic in the US since uppers aren't controlled

no pressure bearing components in sight :)

>Post processing also sucks horse cock with 3D printing especially those threads.
the threads function flawlessly without any post processing

Huh, I’d figure that a slicer would auto-configure supports where each tooth would overhang from the main part.

This is ignorant

What about 3d printing females and then casting epoxy?

I would like to see how many shots this takes before the cam surfaces turn to shit.

This could be an interesting experiment for a thread in itself. I’m in doubt but I definitely support the use of it to gain info.

I see Veist is a real company now

>Huh, I’d figure that a slicer would auto-configure supports where each tooth would overhang from the main part.
the model was specifically designed not to require any supports, here's an earlier iteration of the design, no supports

Attached: 1541190687282.jpg (4128x2322, 2.68M)

yeah that's probably the part that will wear first though admittedly, add a bit of grease and it might last a surprisable amount of time, this plastic is quite wear resistant

>no pressure bearing components in sight :)

So that pic rail is just for looks? Or your magic scope mount doesn't apply any load to the part?

metric room temp iq post

I like that. Was your final iteration in PLA too?

not final actually
for some reason every single goddamn ar-15 upper 3d model is incorrectly modeled in this one specific place and i haven't bothered to print the fixed upper yet

Attached: 8d42fc528b18bf9119ccb39521ef585c.png (503x485, 82K)

That handgrip looks uncomfortable as fuck when shouldered. Gamers should stay away from gun designing. :-/

It's stolen from the P90

Whoever printed that needs to better calibrate their machine.

give the old girl rest
only cost $150

You should be looking at either printing yourself additional supports for the frame, or looking into your jerk/accel values and bringing them down for axis with high inertia.

whats the best cheap printer i can get if i want to print actual parts not star wars figures

>print parts
What resolution, what properties do you want the parts to have, will you be designing the parts?
Get a cheap i3 clone and get calibrating and tinkering. Design your parts with them being 3d printed in mind, not the other way around.

I remember you from a previous thread
fuck you btw

I dub this the Piss90.

>>he thinks chamber pressure is the only pressure which matters

thanks for outing yourself there champ.

>3d print guns
aint even durable enough for airshit
>b-but we made a lower out of plastic and it worked
>for a while

go fuck yourself

*SHATTERS PLASTIC INTO YOUR EYES AT 100000 MPH*

THANKS M8

Attached: 1517024420869.jpg (1920x1080, 325K)

That gives me mild Ghost in the Shell vibes so I don't mind it as much.

I'm making one right now!
link to file?

Attached: IMG_20181205_181309329.jpg (1418x798, 137K)

>not the Bolt-together lower

Attached: 1536604725334.png (869x498, 520K)

That looks pathetic and you need to drink more water.

I like the look of the Phobos
Thank (you)

Fix the trigger guard area

Attached: AR-15 wood furniture.jpg (1058x794, 601K)

I just realized... Did he put a pipe as the optic? Lel

If the wood stalk was more shaped like a traditional stock I'd like it alot more, as is it looks like someone bolted part of a powerline pole to it

It sure looks that way.

Attached: roughday.gif (245x210, 1.84M)

>What about 3d printing females and then casting epoxy
Or print your part from a plastic with a really low melting point and do some lost wax casting.

when the jews eventually ban the manufacture of ar lowers

Better, like a poorfag's FN2000.

you dumb fucking nigger

Attached: odst.jpg (600x800, 62K)

Oh no nooo noooooo eeeuughrrr no nooooo no no

Attached: Cursed_Image_No.4533.jpg (2560x1013, 930K)

I wonder if this could be made with a cheapo ebay router and mdf.

You're on the right track.

We must go cheaper.
>mdf
use plywood from Home Depot
>router
use a knife

There is a Phobos version.

>3d printing females
Jow Forums is a 2d female board sir.

Ender 3. $180-$220

3d waifus are just an infinite number of 2d waifus stacked together

This is jewish trickery, do not listen to this poster.

looks good until you stick a magazine in it

CHEAPER
>plywood from Home Depot
Free dresser off Craigslist
>knife
Free (rusty) hacksaw off Craigslist

Who needs a buffer tube, lmao? Just cut that shit off.

here u go senpai
if you sell it pls send me some money
here's the upper itself, it's designed to be printed standing up, i suggest you print it solid for strength
mega.nz/#!r9tlgICb!kQ9WxLXie0r8TIR_1c5JIn4hTB6zZd-_SQLmrXvZ-v8
and here's nut that threads onto the threads and keeps your barrel in there, but don't you fucking torque this thing on, you will snap something, just hand tighten
mega.nz/#!fs9BgCIa!OI3OQ47R26YLeiCZ0vpkEj4TKubsMT5nE0Hej1ArLCU
as for a handguard, idk just wrap some hockey tape around the barrel lol

Attached: 7b3cfcaa07068e287bc798eb6c7f6283.png (973x754, 153K)

Did your father lose a hand yet?

>tfw left handed
Do not want.

When sharing designs, please don't forget to add the step model so it is easier to modify with other cad software.
Any software should allow you to export in .step/.stp.

he said he doesn't have a spare barrel around currently
what if i wanna be a cunt and keep the cad models to myself?

Then why share the stl which you can already fairly easily convert into a model with most cad softwares, or just take measures from and replicate in case your cad does not support stl conversion?

just to be petty i guess
but honestly modifying this model would be pretty useless anyway since it is optimized for printing standing up, if ya wanna make your own model for an AR upper and have a bed bigger than 150x150 i suggest you hop onto GrabCad and pick one of the models from there and model your upper based on that.

Who's awesome?
You're awesome!

Attached: anondelivers.jpg (460x460, 35K)

please do post a video of it shooting

Can't do any printing right now, family is here for the holidays, but after the first of the year I'll post a vid of me shooting.

There are AR-15 uppers that don't require a buffer tube, user.

REMINDER
youtube.com/watch?v=3chSzLxPuzU

Jesus you don't need to go bum tier AR. Although, I would love to see someone make a bum tier AR out of recycled components.

youtube.com/watch?v=lRMW18FoUY8

may god have mercy on your soul

Has anyone tried to get these through a 3D printing service? Have you run into any issues with it?

hope not, those services charge out the fucking arse

For about the same as you'd pay for a dodgy-professional service you could buy your own Chinese clone, deal with the minor headache of setting it up with chinglish instructions and calibration, and learning to print your own for as many as you want. You'd be breaking even at about two to three receivers. And you will be going through a few, they don't last more than three to four mags. Even less in hot/cold temperatures.
I've got some "carbon fiber" filament to try out but I don't think it'll fare much better since the failure is delamination.

Try an acetone vapor bath, it melts the layers together and smooths them out too!

I've long given up on abs. Too much of a pain to print with, everything ends up looking like ass.

ABS dose take a lot of post print work to get it to look good I'll give you that but it is very easy to sand and paint.

Colour has never been an issue. I'd rather things be properly sized and tolerances to be what they were in the file. Hence "carbon fiber infused" filament I'll be giving a try when I have the time. Hopefully I didn't get Chang'd and it genuinely improves strength.

I don't think you are going to ever get "print and forget" levels of fitment.

No, but with PLA or PETG I can get to where it's pretty much finished with a pocket tool on the walk back up from the basement.

I print slightly larger and sand in the fitment and acetone the layers, then paint but whatever works for you.

Have you given the polycarbonate filaments a try? I've been meaning to but I'd rather not got back to an all metal hotend.

Not yet, I'm working with ABS because I'm making beads and jewelry.

>All of these fags getting assmad

Holy fuck, their only purpose is to get you to a better gun.
They're not supposed to last more than 60 rounds tops.
They're the modern day liberator.