Safe/Gun Storage

Season's Greetings Jow Forumsommandos. I am currently in the market for a new gun safe/storage container. I'm not looking for an overly large safe to "expand" my collection into since I see my current arsenal as being stable for the time being - which is about a half-dozen handguns and half-dozen long guns. Most of my stuff is currently sitting in locked Pelican cases.

I came across some Steelwater safes on Amazon and they look decent for the price.The upper limit on my budget would be around $800.

What/where do you guys store your funz in?

Attached: 81L6wgXzB+L._SL1500_.jpg (643x1500, 127K)

Stack on safe they had on sale for $500. It keeps most of your guns in one area and in relative climate control with a dehumidifier. Keeping them in foam cases is bad because the closer to the gulf you are the more moisture they trap.

I would think twice about ordering a safe from amazon. I know people who work for them and I would never tell them I have guns. They openly talk to me about stealing from people and selling drugs.

Never buy anything stack on. I gave one of their handgun saves a chance and literally the first time I closed it the lock stuck permanently. If I hadn’t tested it before I put my pistol in I would have had to cut it open.

Honestly I wouldn’t spend that much unless you need a bigger safe. Most safes can be cut through with a grinder in a matter of minutes. If you own home look for a decent one for around $500 with as small a door gap as possible to prevent It from being pried open and use the other 300 building it into the wall. Or just enjoy the savings. Safes are great for deterring smash and grabs or kids from getting into it, but a professional will be into a safe in minutes regardless of if it’s a $500 safe or a $1500 safe.

The little explanation under "Shipping" said it would be shipped by truck in a freight container to your house.

*If you own your own home.

I own my own house in CA (the shithole central of gun control).

Do you think it'd be worth it to get a smaller safe for storing ammo?

i've got a stack on cabinet

only way i'd get a safe is if i intended to put it in my basement and bolt it to the floor, but fuck that

Depends on your situation. I’d go with a bigger safe than you think you need to start, if you have rifles with pistol grips and optics that room goes fast. You can use the extra space to store ammo and then if you get more guns you can take the ammo space back until you get a locker for the ammo. I have a 24 gun and half is for my guns and the other half is ammo and mags.

OK m8

Attached: IMG_20181002_231522.jpg (2976x3968, 2.94M)

What does fire rating have to do with someone cutting through the side of your safe with a grinder?

dremel sparks can't melt steel beams

Attached: trumpet guy.gif (220x347, 1.24M)

You don’t use a dremel you stupid shit stain and you aren’t melting it.

Hey OP im a physical security consultant for commercial and high end residential. The correct answer in the thread is . Its also good to lock up any heavy powertools that would assist in entry. Unless someone knows that you have a bunch of guns to steal they arent going to be EDCing an angle grinder. If you want to complicate power tool attacks even the simple process of disabling outlets next to the safe would probably be enough for someone to cut and run with your tv.

Harden the exterior of your house as well
>motion lights
>proper jambs
>deadbolts
>locking doors

Ah ok. Thanks for the clarification.

I should also add my ammo is stored in various 50 cal ammo cans.

Also if you aren’t worried about your ammo getting stolen you could just say fuck it and put the cans in the basement or a cabinet, which is my plan when I need the space my ammo cans are taking up. I have my safe to stop the guns from getting into the wrong person’s hands, not because I’m afraid of the replacement cost, I have insurance for that.

>You must be at least 17 to post here.

Interesting. My power tool collection is fairly abysmal so I'm not overly worried about someone using my lone 18V drill with titanium bits to get into my safe.

House has alarm system. Front door and garage side access door have dead bolts. Garage entry door into the house also has a deadbolt. I think the only vulnerability would be the glass sliding door in the rear yard.

Currently in the process of finding a contractor/handyman to install motion detector lights on the sides of the house.

I plan on putting in a camera system maybe next year or so.

Consider a brace bar in the sliding door track
Im personally a fan of french doors from a security standpoint but sliding is nearly as good when you get a security film installed correctly.

You should make your landscaping as offensive as you can to help avoid breakins anyway.

Yes, I def agree on the french doors. This house was built relatively recently (construction finished 2013).

If it were up to me, I'd have only a concrete walkway around the perimeter of the house, then fill any dirt areas with gravel. But....being that my mom lives with me, she has some trees, flowers, and other plants in the back.

How do I secure my basement double doors? Cant find anything at home depot for them.

Mine are hidden in a very clever way. Also I probably wouldn't be a target for thieves because I don't advertise that I have guns. You want to harden your exterior.

DJ Armor makes a double door kit that will help in the event of a kick. However it depends a lot on the doors and if they are preframed or not. If you want to go full retard you could install a folding security gate and that would be pretty painful. But realistically some sort of poly window film is probably the best.