Is bushmaster gtg?

Boomers say it's only rifle you'll ever need. Here I've heard less flattering things. Does anyone own a current production xm15? How's the qc? Does it run well? I'm torn between this and saving 400 extra for a basic bitch colt.

Attached: 90216_XM-15-Standard-Patrolmans-Carbine-Right-revised.jpg (796x378, 108K)

No.

I would go with an FN collectors series. They are the most well made weapons you can buy complete from a factory with a warranty

I’ve got a Bushmaster...

...in my pants.

Ok why though?

I have a Bushmaster AR, it's nothing special but it hasn't failed me yet.

Because.

>Bushmaster is owned by Freedom Group, aka the Rustington guys

get a Springfield SAINT

I have an older model bushmaster before they good employees left to make windham. I like mine a lot. You can tell the difference on the roll stamp. The older good one have the snake with a pistol on it, not a rifle

That's good to hear
Do you run steel through it?

I bought one of their optics ready rifles a few years ago on sale and it’s been trouble free

I have, but it's not what i shoot regularly

FPBP

Just get a palmetto. The more we but the cheaper they will be in the future.

No trouble with mine but ive whored her with accessories. Gave my older production one to my dad. I say look for a deal and get the Colt though.

Fpbp

Don't pay the pony tax, it's not worth it. Get something really nice from a mid tier armory like Aero Precision

Bushmaster is fine. Very no frills so dont expect miracles, but reliable, no rattle and shoots true.

My wife has one. It always works and the moving parts like the selector switch move crisply. I think it’s ok. I ended up with a Rock River and have been happy with it. Same ballpark price range.

>Boomers
retard alert

ive owned one for almost 20 years and its been 100% reliable even with shitty tula and gives me 1.5-3.5 MOA with irons at 100yds depending on the ammo i use. cant complain or argue with that

Not since they were acquired, no. Everyone who mattered left and founded Windham.

Back to the retirement home grandpa

It's not 2006 anymore, there are much better options for a poorfag AR.

OP. Because Bushmaster was bought out by Remington back a few years ago and they saw a significant drop in quality. I bought my first AR in 2015 which happened to be a Bushmaster Patrolman carbine. Over the past 3 years, I have put about 3-4k rounds of everything from steel cased to reloads through the rifle and never had an issue at all.

Last year I started switching shit out on it, but the lower is still completely factory (minus the pistol grip and stock) and the upper and barrel are still original. Upon swapping out some things, I did notice that the gun isnt really milspec. Which is necessarily an issue, but bothers some people.

If you want to get one for the history (reason I got mine) of the name, then youll be fine. Otherwise if you are trying to get a cheaper rifle, get a Smith and Wesson or DPMS or PSA.

Attached: 20181210_080233-3024x2268.jpg (3024x2268, 2.09M)

>FN collectors series

Why do this when you can build the same rifle for far less?

Buy a complete areo lower and your bcm complete upper of choice. Slap them together and you will have a higher quality ar then anything you could get for the same money on the market both companies are good to go and make very nice stuff

Attached: 47325079_2263696867235994_1968699217622859776_n.png.jpg (700x665, 45K)

Get a PSA lower, or a PSA lower build kit and a stripped Anderson lower from your local gun shop (no FFL transfer fees that cost as much as the lower itself). Then buy a quality complete upper, BCG, and CH from manufacturer of your choice. Aero, BCM, Stag, or Delton (their "custom" uppers are GTG) are good choices that dont cost an arm and a leg.

You really wont know what you want from the ergos of your rifle until you have a reasonable baseline. That's why I rec a cheap milspec lower.