pastebin.com/QBpu5LXP

>Holsters
pastebin.com/U1TGprv7

>Radio and communications
pastebin.com/MHq7QmmD

>Discord
discord.gg/YcUXd28

Previous thread:

Attached: 20184531_119097495381505_6055948834192752640_n.jpg (1080x1080, 634K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MZyktno4U9g
velsyst.com/store/modular-scarabtm-lt-scarabtm-le-configurations.html
begadi.com/invader-gear-plate-carrier-plattentraeger-combo-digital-woodland.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Buying Crye in MARPAT

4 Hail Mary's and 5 Our Father's will absolve you of this sin.

>can't find a MARPAT woodland plate carrier
>can find 10,001 multishit camo items
>can even find UCP shit
Fuck, why does the fucking Army get away with being so fucking retarded? The money the Army blows on transsexual whores and cocaine parties could fund the Marines for a year.

Can /gq/ plz help? Also some ceramic armor, I'm fine with AR500, but it is heavy.

>marpat
>bad
Your mother taking it up the ass would have saved us from this sin.

Marpat isn't bad, but if you're buying Crye then you should buy it in a superior camo such as Multimeme, Ranger (equal to Marpat), or the Ultimate M81

> Majority of people killing shit are Soldiers
> Majority of people buying high end gear are Soldiers
I wonder why nobody carries MARPAT...

Yall are fucking awesome

Ok gear queers I work as a armed guard and uniform is black pants and a dark gray polo shirt with yellow lettering what not that expensive shoes or boots should I get and what plate carrier should I get that could be concealed I want to larp at work like you guys larp and this is the reason for me buying larp like gear

Hesco 4400

First spear makes a slick carrier
LV mbav
Ferro slickster
Spiritus covert
Probably a perroz idk

Thank you sir

There aren’t many marpat carriers since the marines use coyote brown, so there’s no real reason to make them. You’ll need to look to custom gear makers to get it in that patter, only other guy I know makes one is Esstac but again, you’ll have to put in a custom order with him.

You should get multicam anyway.

Attached: D143A614-8E7E-4868-97F3-C917CD909576.jpg (2839x2660, 2.25M)

We'd do the same with that money. Marine leadership is toxic brah.

Attached: 39442376_1711868735577406_3636529873012391936_n_1711868732244073.jpg (366x488, 19K)

>can't find a MARPAT woodland plate carrier
Nobody issues or has offered MARPAT because they use coyote. Velsyst made MARPAT desert carriers for a short time for some reason though.

Attached: 150770514611042614.jpg (1080x1510, 350K)

should i save for a helmet or plates first?

you should invest in training first class preferably a tactical medical class.

if you truly must larp, get plates (no AR500). if you want to go full larp-tard, get a surplus ACH (inspect it first for any significant child in the coating), they are easily had (and cheapest option for decent protection)

stupid little keyboard...

inspect for chips, if you see a child in your ACH, you probably have bigger issues, kek

Helmet is more versatile, can be used as a platform for nods, comms, earpro, cameras, admin lights etc. you can do the same without a helmet, but you start to stack a ton of shit up without a platform to consolidate and hold it all it could get uncomfortable. Plates offer more protection, but if you’re just larping around then a helmet will probably be a better choice. Don’t cheap out, but don’t go overboard if you can’t justify the cost.

Attached: 3278BEDC-5AD5-43B1-80AA-D95102508A87.jpg (4032x1710, 2.48M)

no training classes here cept for ccw (blue state) i wouldnt pay for a carbine class anyways. rather pay to draw from a holster or a precision class.

anybody have anything to say about NFMgarm? I'm getting a combat shirt from them. Where do I find the pants?

my thing is theres a whole variety of plates china, not china, and made in usa in various economical prices and expensive. while soft armor is always just expensive.

Why is AR500 bad again?

Under the general information pastebin there is a section on armor. Read it. Don’t skimp on something that’s going to save your life. General rule of thumb is gonna be the cheaper shit is heavier. Sometimes you’re looking at a single plate that weighs the same as two of the good plates, while offering similar or worse protection. Soft armor is going to be situation dependent. If your plates are “in conjunction with” (ICW), you’re going to need at least a backer of the prescribed protection value to get the full protection that your plate provides. If your threat is handgun only, a IIIa vest is going to arguably offer you more peace of mind than just a set of level IV plates in a JPC. Something you’re going to want to familiarize yourself with and thoroughly understand with armor are backface deformation and what V0 and V50 values for the armor you’re looking at is.

Attached: 300AAEA9-EB4A-492F-A785-092A77101765.jpg (3024x3827, 3.89M)

Heavy, spalling, memes.

Spalling, poor QC, capped protection abilities with steel, ceramic models are probably chinese.

How often are you getting shot at in the chest or head

is the avs as comfy as I want to believe it is

I like my hi-meme lo-drag jpc but I was wanting something bigger and bulkier and more comfy to stand around in for a dozen hours at a time

Yes it is, I have highcom plates that are 10lbs each (large) and it feels like I'm barely wearing anything.

Attached: Screenshot_20181002-113643.png (1080x1920, 1.75M)

Anyone know of good solutions for larping with glasses? I feel that they would be the first thing to fly off and get lost.

Maybe I'm missing something just from the pics but how secure does the harness velcro to the front plate? I get the cumberbund itself but does the harness hold well enough to significantly support the weight?

Get a retention band
The harness slides into two slots on the front plate bag, you can either use the velcro on them to secure it or the cummerbund will keep it where it needs to be, but yes it holds perfectly.

Attached: IMG_20180929_174012758.jpg (2016x1512, 1.22M)

>wouldnt pay for a carbine class anyway
and why is that?

Croakies

how thick is the harness, or about how far off the body would you say the plate sits?

Going to pick up a spiritus dangler to go with my micro fight in my truck, anybody know how much shit i can shove in there from an ifak?

Attached: WOLFGREYSACKWP__82095.1508871879.jpg (900x600, 61K)

So only the rear plate bag is on the harness, it sits maybe a quarter/half inch off your body.

Attached: IMG_20180929_173719828_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg (4032x3024, 2M)

If it's the same size as Haley's dangler, you can fit anything and everything you'd want.

Anyone have experience with Enola Gaye smokes? Im thinking about picking up some EG18X.

Attached: Enola Gaye Smokes.jpg (1024x768, 67K)

These types of pouches typically hold way more than you actually need for an IFAK. I stuff the shit out of my Ferro.

Yeah they arent super good
They are made out of cardboard and paper like a traditional firework. As such they arent waterproof at all. Also the smoke they use isnt true military smoke but rather pyrotechnic grade smoke so it is too light and blows away too easily.

They released a new version called MIL-X that is supposedly better but ive personally yet to try one.

They seem to do their job.
youtube.com/watch?v=MZyktno4U9g

Good tip on the lack of water proofing. Did you have any problems with the wire pull?

Attached: Smoke.png (805x452, 336K)

>gear queer

Attached: 712734152.jpg (212x218, 4K)

>They seem to do their job.
Eh ive seen them side by side with an M18 and they dont compare
>Did you have any problems with the wire pull?
No they are basically some shitty wire braided around a keychain ring.

>M18

I have tried to get some of these but they are hard to find and are stupid expensive.

Cryes are life

Attached: image (8).jpg (3024x4032, 1.97M)

big thanks fellas

Attached: 1473995563508.jpg (718x1080, 167K)

hey /gq/ recommend me a better foregrip

Attached: dildo grip short.webm (1280x720, 1.62M)

kill yourself

you need something more textured, may I suggest bad dragon?

Attached: DSC04444.jpg (1959x1995, 1.6M)

I'm in need of a place carrier that's is:
- Black
- Not air shit
- Drag handle
- Side plate holders
It cannot be a JPC 2.0, it's not worth $500 to get all the above without plates

Plate carrier*

>it cannot be a JPC 2.0
literally why though

Looking for alternatives
I don't want a plate carrier for work that I have to buy all these wizbang gadgets to actually use

you got soft armor correct? plates only carrier with a few molle and identifiers should be fine.

*like a jpc and theres some sales m8.

Consider a SOHPC. Paraclete hasn't been in vogue since 2008, but their quality hasn't actually declined. They're more LEO focused nowadays.

I have a Slickster in multimeme but I need the full armor and a good drag handle which that's a no go

Looks promising, thank you user
Does it have Velcro on the back for long ID patches or do I need a MOLLE Velcro attachment

Disregard, found a video on it

velsyst.com/store/modular-scarabtm-lt-scarabtm-le-configurations.html

Why do you not lift

Once upon a time I had a bunch, but no more. I'm looking forward to trying out the new EG smoke.

Attached: 20170815_180012.jpg (2656x1494, 1.36M)

Pic related is just the tip.

Attached: AR500.recall.png (1319x323, 32K)

aaron? is that you? sorry antifa doxxed you playboy.

Attached: (((fellow white ATF agents))) dont you just hate the gubment.jpg (467x488, 174K)

big think
Because I'm lazy and fear from injuring my back further

Attached: DSC04461.jpg (2855x1600, 2.04M)

god dammit are you him or not.
I mean you didnt lose a dog named juneaux in your life recently right?

its just the fucking tattoos almost match up
or maybe there are just a lot of us out here holding it down
either way good taste in gear my man

Attached: gun tat.jpg (400x426, 25K)

no I'm not whoever you think I am.

Are you guys against steel plates and if so why should I stay away from them

This question was already answered in this thread

bluestate. no carbines.

travel out of state and borrow one for a class. its a valuable skill if you ever have to pick one up.

Hey Skelly

So I came into some ESAPI smalls for free and I wear a medium so it is not a priority but I was thinking of getting a slick low pro carrier for maybe armor under clothes or a future gf (inb4 4ever alone).

Tl:Dr low pro PC recommend for small ESAPI

is esapi 10x12 or 9.5 x 11.25 or whatever? smals are 8 x11?

Is Marpat or Flecktarn better for the PNW?

flecktarn needs to be destroyed so germany feels better. if you see any flecktarn in the shops buy it all up and burn it please.

Don’t know if this is the proper thread but I received this cano windbreaker for Christmas and was wondering what pattern it is.

Attached: 6A3AA628-EBD0-492A-9C26-89871595DF3A.jpg (4032x3024, 3.62M)

*camo
I’m illiterate

Take a normal human picture of it and we can probably tell you.

Attached: C7DA2A4E-E5D5-4419-B9F5-2756E0F8454F.jpg (2657x3105, 2.66M)

Made up camo

Perroz Designs LPSPC

I have a d3crx from years ago when they were going for 145. Should I keep it or sell it for a d3crm at 135? I prob won't make too much profit after selling (maybe 20$). I'm tempted to keep it. purpose is really for basement LARPing.

was hoping for some good haley strat sales this xmas but looks like they didn't have any sales.

if only there was a day after christmas for sales to normally occur

you expecting a sale on haley after xmas?

All camo is made up.

fuck off retard

Attached: 1449980901157.gif (300x375, 1.61M)

Have harshell and base layers but i'm missing midlayers for winter larping.

I'm looking at a patagonia fleece jackets, any other recommendations? Any good wool jackets? Or should i look into loft/down jackets/layer?

I'd like to stay under 200$

Picture for attention

Attached: patagonia-retro-pile-jacket-veste-polaire.jpg (1500x1500, 563K)

>hardshell
>Fleece
If you dont want it in camo go to /out/ and ask them

true, i'll ask them too. But i like getting some recommendations from here too

Does anyone know of trauma pads have any affect on ameliorating the effects of BFD, or mitigating potential second-order injuries from soaking up a bullet?

the fuck is BFD?

Back Face Deformation

from what i've seen and can surmise; secondary injuries may be lessened with the introduction of trauma pads. However, they probably do not negate all of the impact forces. You're still going to get kicked in the chest. But i'll take a few broken ribs over a hole any day.

Civilian made up stuff that won't ever be remade

I wouldn't doubt it.
worst case there isnt one so whatever
Arcteryx Atom LT or AR.
god tier winter layers

A bit on the expensive side as all arcteryx products but i'll keep them in mind maybe i'll find them on sale.

Roger. Thanks anonbro.

i may not have answered your question through. When it comes to actual deformation of the armor itself; i'm sure that there is some dampening effect that trauma pads would have but it's negligible. They are meant to protect you, not ensure the longevity of your armor.

First-Spear

begadi.com/invader-gear-plate-carrier-plattentraeger-combo-digital-woodland.html

literally 3 minutes in yandex