What's the best pump action shotgun I can get for $200.00 or less?

What's the best pump action shotgun I can get for $200.00 or less?

Attached: 870.jpg (1484x217, 31K)

Maverick 88

your best bet is a maverick 88 for a little over 200

You can still find Maverick 88s for $200ish if you look around. That’s really the only good answer new.

Wow, that's incredible. Thanks guys, I'll start looking around.

Adding to Mav 88. both the field version and the short barrel are right around $20. You can also get the combo one with both barrels.

Maverick 88 hivemind. Its a good shotgun that will always do what is asked of it though. Couldn't think of anything else that comes close that I'd trust to defend myself or my family.

Attached: Mossberg Maverick 88 Red.jpg (1632x1224, 425K)

Are 3in 12ga magnum slugs good for bear defense?

Mossberg marketing bots

Yes they are. I would say ideal in fact, assuming you don't short stroke it.

And no, the Mav 88 is just the only thing within OP's price range. And it's a decent product, if just a little rough around the edges. It seems to cycle better than my Rem 870 to be honest.

fpbp

Attached: donttredonbigiron.jpg (972x638, 62K)

To add any any other alternatives to a Mav 88, brand new you have H&R Pardners which are ok 870 clones. Mav 88 is better.

With some looking you can probably find an old pre freedom group 870 for around $200, or a Winchester 1300.

maverick 88 is the poorfag approved first gun you should own

Used is a good way of getting a better gun for the money. Winchester was mentioned. Can't think of a much finer pump than my 1200 I got for $225 in mint condition. I know my shop has a few other decent shotguns in that range. Could have probably offered him $200. Go in with cash, sometimes they skip the sales tax.

Maverick 88 is a good choice but a used 870 or Ithaca 37 can be found easily for around ~150 dollars.

>about to go to LGS to buy Maverick 88
>realize my CA id expired a month ago
>only have out of state ID and passport
JUST

They feel very cheap, but they do what a shotgun needs to do.

Magnum slugs work for burr, yes.
And no, really, the Maverick is a budget shotgun, and a good one.
If you can afford better, move up to a Mossberg 500 or maybe a Winchester 1300, but if a Maverick is all you can afford, it is something you can depend on.

Friendly reminder that the maverick 88 feels like a Toys R Us plastic piece of shit. I've never actually handled a firearm that's felt worse. If I melted down my tupperware at home, I could make a shotgun that didn't feel as much like cheap garbage as the maverick 88.

>Friendly reminder that the maverick 88 feels like a Toys R Us plastic piece of shit. I've never actually handled a firearm.
FTFY

A used Ithaca is good, they eject out the loading gate on the bottom, so they're very nicely left/right neutral, and the receiver has a slick look to it with no port on the side.

I wouldn't gamble on an 870 however, if they're that cheap it's probably one of the new ones, and you DON'T want the current 870s. Rust and busted extractors await, aside from wonky fitment issues.

Attached: Ithaca M37.jpg (800x531, 86K)

Yeah, it feels cheap as fuck, that's why it is cheap as fuck. But the thing is that it DOES hold together and work. It's kinda like the Hi-Point of shotguns; it isn't very nice, and if you can buy a nicer shotgun you should, but it works just fine.

Are you sure these are poorfag guns? I cant find them for less than $500

You sure you're looking at used? Check the consignment rack at your LGS. Last time I went to my LGS there was a used Ithaca 37 going for 160.

No, I don't know where he's getting that you'll find them commonly in your pricerange. You'd have to be lucky.

They're *designed* with loose tolerances, you mong. The only people who don't understand why have never taken their shotguns out innawoods where there's mud and snow and grit everywhere, and whose shotguns (much like themselves) never leave their mom's basement.

Just hit your local pawnshop. Scatterguns are cheap as fudge

Used mossberg 500

I'm guessing pic is unrelated since beat to shit 870's go for $250 or more

you can get a NIB maverick 88 for like $150 on gunbroker, that's before shipping and transfer fees of course.

kek noguns and noshoots btfo

I never mentioned tolerances, just that they're the shittiest feeling firearm I've ever held. It's impressive anyone could actually make polymer feel so bad.

Can you still get old police shotguns for cheap?

Yep

Get an 8 shot maverick 88

I got a Model 10 for 91 bucks on gunbroker, fucking fun gun, even slamfired
Pic related

Attached: pix428694190.jpg (640x165, 16K)

save your money fool

>Its a good shotgun

No it is not.

why not

Claims presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. And no, "it feels shitty" isn't evidence; it's a subjective opinion not shared by multiple people here who, unlike you, can prove that they actually own one.

Attached: 1685513.jpg (917x1200, 139K)

Armscor makes a shotgun. M30. It's not too bad a gun. Just feels really cheap is all

>implying I'd ever stoop to buying actual shit
Kek, no thanks

Still no evidence, so please buy a KSG and do what made them famous with it.

Is there something that looks like an M37 or M97 but for poorfags?

>No it is not.

You're right, its excellent. An almost infallible home defense weapon that can be purchased on even the most humble of incomes.

Attached: bobby.png (610x458, 206K)