Why do you guys make fun of him lol he’s pretty based. I wanted a Redhawk as a weekly...

youtu.be/_PtMFQvQVdo

Why do you guys make fun of him lol he’s pretty based. I wanted a Redhawk as a weekly .44 shooter but now may go with a 29 classic. Same with a 36 over an sp101

Attached: 09009262-F08A-43E0-8293-143E57CEF047.jpg (1125x351, 223K)

Enjoy your Hillary hole.

There's a reason that reloading books and guides have specific subsections for Ruger revolvers, Yankee Marshall is just fucking dumb.

he's a gay jew faggot

>he's up there with ian and karl

>yankee marshal
that's where you went wrong, the dude us a fucking idiot.

>he’s pretty based

Attached: 1544855331896.jpg (600x663, 62K)

That reloading section is for super blackhawks, not for GPs.

In a 20th century style revolver the ruger strength thing is a meme.

Attached: yankeemarshal.jpg (1136x682, 52K)

This guy has a point, SOME ruger revolvers are obscenely strong, not all.

But it just goes to show how far good brand reputation will get you

The only real "advantage" that swing out Rugers have over Smith and Wessons is the addition of the 3rd lock at the crane, but I'm not convinced it does much of anything for the actual strength of the revolver. I think the crane lock is just a marketing thing because ruger really hedges their bet on that "WE STRONG" angle.

Evidence for this? Well. Smith and Wesson did the crane lock 40 years before Ruger was even a company. The Smith and Wesson .44 Hand Ejector 1st Model "New Century" has a crane lock, but it was only produced for 7 years before the 2nd model replaced it and did away with the lock entirely.

Even to this day, on its most powerful revolvers, Smith doesn't include a crane lock. For example, the SW500 has a ball detent and a 3rd lock that indexes on the cylinder face. If the feature made that much of a difference in strength, I think Smith would use it on their most powerful production revolvers.

You do understand that GP100s are literally used as test guns in some ammo companies, and that SP101s are thicker and over all better sealed than 686s right? Just because it’s cast doesn’t mean it’s weaker. Ruger has had a long time to put together cast guns.

There’s a reason the Redhawk and GP100s is able to take Ruger only loads, and the SP101 can totally handle Buffalo bore, but these companies would dissuade you from using the same ammo in S&W guns that act as direct competition.

Wait is a new 686 stronger than a GP100??? How does the SP101s stack up???

I shot the SP101 and 686 with 125gr 357 at a range years ago but decided to get the sp101 over the Smith because I heard they were more durable, and then decided to also get a GP100 because I have more money

Jesus Jow Forums what do

Attached: CC3EF6F8-D3A4-4920-9377-4C6475D0F10E.jpg (1953x1125, 1019K)

Yankeemarshal is a brandfag who puts aesthetics over everything else. This is the same man who swore up and down he'd never buy anything made in Turkey until they put out a stainless Hi Power clone and his principles flew right out the window. He's an enormous lefty faggot who just happens to have a gun fetish.

Attached: yankee.jpg (375x443, 31K)

Only newfags worry about durability. Unless you're a competition shooter with sponsored ammo the chances you of you ever wearing a gun out are practically zero.

There are many demographics of gun owners but there are two demographics in the gun world that are mutually exclusive:

(1) People who have opinions or insight on firearms that have merit
(2) People who carry snub-nose revolvers in a designated 12 O'clock position fanny pack.

Smith chambers their L frame 69 in .44 mag and Ruger answered with a GP in .44 Special and 10mm. If Ruger trusted their medium frame to handle .44 Mag they would have chambered one in it. They did not. Rugers are built stouter than Smiths because they have to. Smith has better metalurgy.
The proof is in the pudding.

Attached: 7E7D75E6-D26D-46DD-A033-BF7173E29FA6.jpg (3024x4032, 2.78M)

You're assuming a lot. They could very well have put out the 5 shot 44mag L frame knowing it's only good for a few thousand rounds of magnum loads and figuring very few people will hit that round count. I bet than gun is not fun to shoot with full house magnums and most people just don't shoot that much. Remember this is the same company that crammed the 357mag into the K frame and it took a years for them to admit it can't really handle a lot of magnum rounds so they made the L frame. No gun is designed to last forever.

Are you saying a 686 is that much stronger than a gp100

Smiths are fine with standard ammo. Standard ammo is adequate for human. Rugers are for zombies, hunting and pushing the limits of hand loading. The same for Ruger revolvers could be said for Hi-Points.

And anyone who wants a python during the zombie wars, good luck finding someone to work on it.

S&W has a history of having weak products. They pulled .357 chamberings from K-frames for decades due to barrel shanks cracking. They petitioned to have the .44 and .357 Mag SAAMI pressures reduced. They ignored complaints from silhouette shooters using N-frames for years before releasing the "endurance package" for 29/629 models.

Ruger, to my mind, does the opposite. They replaced the Security Six line with an even beefier revolver to handle .357 loads, even though the Security Six was generally fine (and didn't have the problems the similar weight K-frame had). When barrels shot off Redhawks (learned to be due to bad sealer later), they designed a whole new gun with much more barrel engagement (the Super Redhawk).

I would be surprised if Ruger didn't proof test their revolvers using the higher CIP (pre-SAAMI reduction) pressures, and that that's why they don't feel the GP100 is suited to Magnum pressures. I'd be quite surprised to find that S&W proofs their guns any higher than the minimum required by SAAMI, given that they were the ones to lobby for reducing them.

It is very hard for me to imagine that a solid frame like the GP100 is weaker than the S&W frame that has a large chunk removed for the side plate. The GP100 also has a triple-locking cylinder, a feature S&W used a century ago for extra strength, but dropped due to cost.

But if you think forged > investment cast or Magnum > Special is as deep as it goes, I doubt you'll have any problem with either purchase.

No the gp100 is much stronger