Maj. Jim Grant aka "Lawrence of Afghanistan"...

Maj. Jim Grant aka "Lawrence of Afghanistan" . . . a big dick Green Beret pipe swinger that assimilated himself with Afghani culture in order to gain an advantage over the Taliban. He gained the respect of local tribesmen. Gant and his men helped local tribesmen fight against the Taliban to settle some disputes. It had gotten to the point where Grant's Humvees were marked with the tribe's signal and the Taliban feared and respected them. keeping them from attacking the Green Berets.

This is probably one of the only cases where the US had successfully gained allies with tribes, helping the US fight against our enemies.

Why the fuck doesn't the US military learn from this guy? An unconventional enemy requires unconventional fighting tactics.

Attached: tribe_95701821.jpg (3264x2448, 1.87M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7FyYA7eIThk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Larping with shitskins only gets you so far, especially when they realize you can't actually help them.

drone strikes beats conversing with sandn... neanderthals

Didn't they pull him out? It was a nice LARP and all but if it was really that effective, why would they stop him? Was he using the locals or getting used by them?

What for?
We have technology now. They fear that more than dumb paintings on humvees

>Why the fuck doesn't the US military learn from this guy?
If they did, how would they justify their budget?

Attached: 1535754591583.jpg (500x500, 63K)

I thought the grand strategy in Afghanistan was to drive around until they ambush you and then call an air strike on anything that moves.

If that works well enough, why bother learning the language and dressing as a goat fucker? The "hello, fellow Pashtuns" routine isn't going to fool them, they know you're not one of theirs.

He had a love affair with an ex-war correspondent he had met when she was covering his story. She literally quit her job to go live with this guy in Afghanistan. Grant's men were also getting worried because apparently he started taking painkillers and started getting drunk on the daily. It was fun larping until an officer found out about the thot and the drug and alcohol abuse.

So his dick was too big

Is that really what happened? Because it sounds more like he started believing his own hype.

youtube.com/watch?v=7FyYA7eIThk

Locals are going to tolerate you if it furthers their own agenda, not because you wear a funny hat like them.

Attached: article-2680704-1F17FA2700000578-969_634x473.jpg (634x473, 99K)

Also ended up fucking some reporter that was there and getting loved up.

Everything wrong with you mutts deploying anywhere in one post.

Same fucking thing.

Attached: chirac.png (894x932, 1.97M)

> you can't actually help them
Everyone that takes side with westerners ends up in trouble when they eventually pull out. Talibans just have to wait it out in Pakistan, they know it too.

i'm no afghanistan expert but i highly doubt some military guy could ever be approved and respected by a tribe unless he literally would join the tribe and start living with them, which would mean he would have to quit working for the military. they just use him for their own interests.

I was thinking more the actual Lawrence of Arabia
>"hey so now that we cucked the Ottomans we can like have our own sovereignty, right guys?"
>"l0l MVIII welcum to de british empyr"

> Burgers love to LARP.
What else is new?

Attached: karl.jpg (1280x720, 164K)

>getting drunk on the daily
How did he get the booze?

Nigger don't you know that Muslims love Johnnie Walker Black.

>Why the fuck doesn't the US military learn from this guy

Never, ever get high off your own supply

Attached: h-AFGHAN-POPPIES-628x314.jpg (628x314, 83K)

Name please.

Attached: lost my shit.gif (350x193, 3.01M)

>Why the fuck doesn't the US military learn from this guy?
It should have occurred to every Jow Forumsmando by now that the US isn’t interested in “winning” anything. War is a business. A multi-generational war in a sandbox where some get to make incredible money and test out new tech/tactics/etc without fear of public reaction or too much accountability is already a win. Plus, keeping young men distracted overseas fighting for freedoms and a quality of life they’re losing back at home (instead of them starting fight clubs or instigating a revolution etc) is another win. If anything, it’s in the US interest to discredit/malign Gant and generally be as sociopathic as possible.

Don't insult Neanderthals like that. The only populations capable of maintaining advanced societies (Europeans and East Asians) happen to have the highest rates of neanderthal admixture.

Attached: 800px-Homo_sapiens_lineage.svg.png (800x700, 159K)

Because military intelligence is often an oxymoron

> badass Chad motherfucker assimilated with an Afghan tribe
> does so successfully a war reporting Stacy wants his cock and goes back for a stan to be his fuck doll
> gets his truck pimped out in do not fuck with these guys on their vehicles
> kissless virgins on Jow Forums get an autistic fit of rage because shitskins reeeeeeeee and Stacy banging Chad reeeeeeeeee

Remember boys if you are Chad enough it's easy to lead groups of men and bang broads
Just get fit, develop good traits and social skills

Attached: 1544885832344.jpg (1024x573, 71K)

The average American doesn't even manage to learn a language like French that's really similiar and doesn't know shit about his closest neighbouring countries. You can't expect them to start caring all of a sudden.

>a big dick Green Beret pipe swinger that assimilated himself with Afghani culture in order to gain an advantage over the Taliban. He gained the respect of local tribesmen.
I wonder how many bacha boys he had to fuck to do that.

He had to fuk all the boi pucci like a true Chad

Wars are un-winnable unless you kill everyone and everything in your path. The only way to finish your enemy is if you leave him, his lands, and his civilians in smoking charred piles.

Prove me wrong.

Vietnam already proved you wrong.

But we didn't nuke north vietnam

Dropping more bombs on them than Germany during WWII is the next best thing to nukes.

But there are people still alive in Vietnam

>End up with a useless hunk of rock and no local population or infrastructure to gather any resources left
>create a shitshow with neighbors and political and economic instability around the world from un foreseen consequences
>if using nukes unforseen consequences from environmental effects later down the line and the political consequences of using said nuclear weapons

You sure are fucking smart

Attached: 3610154048314_600.jpg (600x600, 45K)

nice digits
if someone was staring up at you with pleading eyes you would execute them? i find that hard to believe. what has happened to you in your lifetime that makes you want to kill like that or makes you think youre capable of doing so

This.

When they realize your objectives are either not aligned or contradict theirs, going native is only good for light guerrilla type shit.

Most correct thing I've ever read on Jow Forums

Attached: 1477599950104.gif (300x186, 446K)

>why would they stop him?
Winning is bad for profits.

Nothing probably, that user is just edgy.

>Why the fuck doesn't the US military learn from this guy? An unconventional enemy requires unconventional fighting tactics.

Because it's hard.
Much better to sit in a cozy chair in DC, 'work' on developing massive weapons systems, and live a comfy lifestyle while schmoozing the guys at Raytheon who will hire you after you retire as a major general.

Those crazy SF guys have just gone native. You can't take them and their dumb ideas seriously.
t. Veteran and DoD employee

There was a marine program in Vietnam that did something similar but l cant for the life of me remember what it was called

>Why the fuck doesn't the US military learn from this guy? An unconventional enemy requires unconventional fighting tactics.

The real enemy is other high level bureaucrats, and the war is over funding and program authorities. The taliban are a budget justification, and thus more of an ally or at least enemy of their enemy.

Because you also have to enter into marriages and live, for life, with the tribe for it to work.

You really think Westerners want to spend their days shitting in a hole in the ground away from internet and HD tv for the rest of their lives?

>He had a love affair with an ex-war correspondent he had met when she was covering his story.

i thought she would be hotter like now im disappointed and im just going to pretend she's the blond milf cow-titted bibmo

Attached: article-2680704-1F17074000000578-388_634x377.jpg (634x377, 46K)

Oh, my name's Daniel

>says some fatass posting on an online board
follow your own advice

Apocalypse Now

>Oh, my name's Daniel
Daaamn

You mean he engaged in pedophilia right beside them, with cameras rolling, then did a lot of drugs? Wow. What a hero.

>I'm a taliban dude trust me
>yeah nah

That was a movie, user.

Attached: nk8kqpb.gif (500x200, 962K)

you don't get to choose who you love, user.

Her name dipshit

I have to disagree with you, the big issue is and was that barely anybody gives a shit about these wars 95% of the time so that even when countless studies have been written on what we are doing wrong and how to actually win the war or at least improve our strategic situation over there, barely anything get implemented and the local governments and security forces remain as dysfunctional and unable to deal with the insurgency as they have been at the start.

Sounds like an Apocalypse Now situation waiting to happen
Shame it didn't

>>Locals are going to tolerate you if it furthers their own agenda,
This, and only this.

>an officer found out about the thot and the drug and alcohol abuse.
It was a fucking punk-ass Lt that ratted him out

>>Why the fuck doesn't the US military learn from this guy?
Staff occifers would much rather sit in their cozy cubicle sipping GreenBeans coffee and thinking about their next DFAC meal. Field duty is way to hard,,,and dangerous.

dipshit....with a small "d"