Local gun ranges hate AKs

Local gun ranges hate AKs.

I go to one range and I get lectured about shooting the ceiling: "all these AK guys come in and shoot my ceiling." The range has a strict No Rapid Fire policy...

Go to another range later that day, I'm just shopping around. They have a few 100m lanes I'm excited about. Range bubba says AKs need optics. Are you fucking serious? He said "They shoot the ceiling, they just lob them up there." He didn't even sound convinced with his bull shit reason. How the fuck you just lob a few round up in the ceiling.

My initial guess was that people don't know how the iron sights work on an AK (P=300m, not 100m and П=400m, not 100m). Is your barrel really pointing high enough if you're sighted for 400m, aiming at a 100m target?

Attached: NSPU-1PN34_AKSU.jpg (1280x857, 802K)

Other urls found in this thread:

georgiagunclub.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=U0EQxtcYhco
reloadguns.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=mS50k-JYGxg&t=
home.nra.org/joint-statement
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What a coincidence op I was just reading about this the other day.

A new study has found that some people, who see themselves as special or entitled in some way that others are not, are more likely to disregard ordinary instructions or the usual “order” of things, which most others will accept and follow. Researchers who explored this topic found that the underlying reason is a narcissistic outlook about how the world should work for them.

In essence, this joint study from Cornell and the Harvard Medical School found that people with a greater sense of entitlement are less likely to follow instructions than less entitled people are, because they view the instructions as an “unfair” imposition on them. They would rather lose at something than "submit" to the rules of others.

Attached: 8401CC53-5597-4BA3-A368-EFA843AAFC2A.jpg (300x300, 55K)

prolly cause they know AK people shoot steelcase so he cant make any money off their droppings.

Attached: 9B32A250-2DCF-4E28-B146-1970D98B526A.jpg (529x345, 11K)

Nogs with Dracos

When OP builds his own range, he can set the rules.

>Is your barrel really pointing high enough if you're sighted for 400m, aiming at a 100m target?
No it's because you want to know who are the two types of people who come into most indoor ranges with AKs? Niggers and people who can't handle recoil to save their life but persist on shooting as fast as they can. If I had a dollar for every time that was the case I could arm everyone who walks in with a fucking SCAR 20S-s. I always wondered the same thing as you but then I actually took the time to look around and saw what the owners were seeing. It literally got to the point where people who want to bring in AKs have to be white-listed due to how many fucking holes were put in the ceiling.

Dude give it a rest day in and day out with this shit you're probably the same guy who tells OP to move out of his parents house a dozen times when he's bitching about some democrat. You're not being insightful what you assert that property rights exist. You're just a faggot with nothing to say.

this is the only correct answer

I have a mini 30 and an ro asked me why I shot a "commie ak" over an ar after inspecting my gun and ammo (they check for steel casings).

I hate shit built AKs

Attached: WGWS_ROMO_GORDO.jpg (1462x838, 394K)

All the AK owners I’ve seen at the range have ak pistols and can’t aim them.

One guy shot the track the targets run on in the lane next to him (on both sides) causing the whole range to get shut down until they could fix the tracks.

This. That user is a total faggot.
>just build your own country and then you can have a bump stock :^)

Can't blame them, you'll be hard pressed to find a worse group than AK owners

I strangely had the same problem, then I explained how the sights worked, zero ect. I was also shooting a 74, and showed him the difference in rounds. He said "well you seem to know what your doing" and let me shoot.

> three settings
> S = Safe
> FA = Full Auto
> FF = Failure to Feed

Can confirm somewhat

>go to local indoor range because it's rainy as fuck and I drive a sedan
>outdoor range is mudded up and targets will get damp
>bring some non magnetic wolf 5.45 along, cheap Remington 9MM, cheap Winchester 9MM, and some .38
>they pass the magnet over the box of 5.45 and say no
>I've already removed the bullet from one cartridge and took a dremel to it
>see non magnetic
>takes five minutes of explaining that all steel case isn't bi-metal jacketed
>they later try to charge me an $8 fee for brass collection since I took my 38 brass but left the 9MM
>argue that it went from the cylinder to my bag and didn't necessarily collect it
>bitch that they're expecting me to put product on their shelves and that 38 is expensive
>another five minutes of arguing saves me $8

Attached: thicc.png (718x517, 456K)

I mean, any serious rifle needs optics. Irons are fucking last century, suitable only for backups now. I would expect most AKs to be serious rifles.

What did he use up against the head of those rivets?
And what metal are those rivets made out of?
Sucks i cant for the life of me ever build one and watch these guys mess up this stuff.

Proles who go to a $range$ instead of their back porch on 9 acre yard.

The first time I gave a fat friend my SKS to shoot at an outdoor/bunker style range, I didn't realize that he had zero rifle experience, and looked over the rear sights at the uptilted front sight like some kinda huge eye relief ghostring. My guess is he only ever used shotguns. He put a dent in the metal armor on the ceiling baffles.

I'm stuck in a shitty noguns state and I don't get this. Presumably, you go to range, you pay some fee, and you get to shoot. How on earth could anyone make this some sort of complex ordeal? I need a quick rundown.

Attached: Breda_30.jpg (1600x1000, 162K)

Some business owners are fuck heads. Don't over think this.

To be fair, they do get a lot of fuck heads coming in and doing stupid shit with their guns.

Still...my fun is ruined now because some idiots ruin it for everyone. Now I have to drive 40 min to an outdoor range

Kill yourself

where the fuck are there 100m indoor ranges

georgiagunclub.com/

Expensive.
$25 per hour for the 100 yard lane.
$18 per hour for handguns.
They got sued and had to install a ton of sound proofing that cost almost another $1,000,000 over initial construction costs.

youtube.com/watch?v=U0EQxtcYhco
Correct answers.

Underrated

Yes nobody can ever be wrong or stupid you are just entitled listen to people and do not argue, everyone matters more than you and knows better than you

this is literally in the bible, you commie satanist.

I dont get it either. Almost every state in the union has free national park ranges dotted around of varying degrees of quality. The only rule I've ever encountered with them is dont be a dick.

>he goes to indoor ranges

watched a basketball american with a choppa shoot over the backstop at the public open range I go to. Could see some of the shots hitting near the top of it and some were going over. Only shot one magazine and then left.

Missouri Dept. of Conservation has free public ranges throughout the state. Main rules are don't be a dick, don't be seriously unsafe, and have fun. If someone yells all clear, respect that. If someone is being unsafe, call them out on it. If someone is having fun, let them be.

Fudds may hate the guys with ARs doing mag dumps but they never say anything, just flash angry fudd looks while they shoot one shot every ten minutes.

Yeah. Its pretty amazing you go to a paid range and have people there who are paid to enforce rules and people still walk out to their targets while people are shooting right next to them. You go to a free range and all of a sudden there is a mutual respect amongst people and somehow a line of 15 people can all figure out to go downrange at the same time with each other.

>follow the (((rules))) goy
>the system works fine
>don't think
>don't question
Pathetic

The public range closest to me is 20 mins away and has a rule of no more than 3 rds in the magazine for rifles. 6 rounds for pistols. Also set rules on no rapid fire. Even if it's not as much distance to shoot, the indoor range I have a membership to is half as far away and doesn't have gay rules like that.

it's this.

Such ranges are owned and patronized by old farts. They're trying to hold on to the gun culture of their youth, when people shot pistols one handed with the off hand behind the back and it was all bullseye, bullseye, and bullseye. Nobody was afraid of the government and there weren't enough niggers and zoot suit wearing taco peddlers to make anyone nervous. There was no reason to train with firearms following the same drills as the cops. There was nothing to fear, and the army was definitely going to be on your side - and nearly 100-% white. Hell, if you met a nigger he was the definition of based black man and if he wasn't he was in jail or the crazy house. Better times.

Let them have it. Go somewhere else, so they can die in ignorance of what their country has become.

Meh, I just quit the local indoor range because they switched to a "if it hits the floor, it's ours" policy.

Motherfucker, I am lathe-turning my own 7.65 long.
I will fucking fight you for that brass.

stick a bag on your gun or get good at catching it.

The Bible also says not to cut your beard or wear synthetic fabrics, do you follow those rules too? Christcucks pick from the Bible like a Chinese food menu.

>charging $8 to take your own property back with you
wew lad, I wouldn't even argue with them, I'd just ignore them and leave

>Local gun ranges hate AKs.
most run by NRA fudds,
>NO RAPID FIRE
Stay in your lane and no running drills, just shoot the paper and go home faggot, there are bolt actions to sight in and I only have 10 rounds to last the next 6hrs

At first I was thinking this place is way too pricey. Then I saw the 1mil and ok

>100m indoor ranges
Tarpon Springs Florida
Reload Gun Range
Had a NFA event there last year, I shot a Serbu 50 on their 100yd indoor range, if ever in the neighborhood it's worth stopping by just for the simulator alone
reloadguns.com/

youtube.com/watch?v=mS50k-JYGxg&t=

t. fudgepacker

I've looked into the indoor ranges near me, all are extremely expensive and have a thousand nonsense rules like what I'm reading in this thread. I'll drive the extra 45 minutes to get to the cheap outdoor public range and avoid all the indoor fudd regulations. Those indoor ranges are ran by the same fags who think civilians don't need ar's. Probably call atf on the regular.

dunno i always found the ak easy to control and accurate enough. altho i never went full retard without a stock.

(((40079637)))
>submit to the rules of others
Doesn't even deserve a (you), kys.

I’m in north east MO. Our local public range has idiot that constantly sweep everyone. Is your neck of the woods better?

>How the fuck you just lob a few round up in the ceiling
rent to niggers

the dullest razor

the one under the lever is always flat.
noguns detected

aww bitter millennial detected

can someone explain to me this whole brass casings and collection meme?

>yes I am nogunz but am learning and will get into it

sure kid

>NRA fudds
sure kid

probably because the back sight of the ak is close to the front site. The galil and the rk62 moved the back site to the back of the gun for this reason. Making the gun more accurate in use by the user.

If the Back and front site are too close together you get a wider cone shaped spread even if you try very very hard to aim accurately.

well aren't we special

The indoor range closest to me doesn't even allow steel cased ammo. They also don't allow shot, only slugs. I asked why and they said "the spread will hit the cameras." The cameras are one foot away and two feet above your head. ???

a bunch of fob chinks came to my range. shot targets within 10yards only. shot the fuck out of the ceiling.

obviously with AKs....

bumping for an answer to this

>indoor ranges
>ever
I shoot innawoods and when I'm too lazy to drive all the way to innawoods I drive out to one of the free public outdoor ranges. Fuck paying to shoot guns.

brass cases can be reloaded and I guess the ranges can sell the brass off the ammo manufacturers or produce new rounds in house. or keep it for themselves for personal reloads. use youre imagination you retard

thanks for that, good to know.

wouldn't it be dangerous to try to get a bullet onto a fired casing? wouldn't that create a risk of it blowing up in the barrel and ultimately blowing up the gun?

Lol no

No, standard pressure loadings don't damage the brass too much and you can get several firings out of it before it gets unsafe

if some idiot that doesn't know what they're doing loads it you can blow it up. but there are plenty of places that sell "once fired" bullets. brass is pretty maleable.

pls no bully tyyyyyy

thank you again for the good info lad, appreciate it

only the people that just bought their first gun. Tend to be easy to spot too. But usually they only show up on Friday and Saturday afternoons, after Christmas, and around tax time.

kek based boomer

Ranges will take your spent brass to do one or multiple of the following

>sell said brass on their shelves for pretty shitty price
>make loads to sell for more money
>sell brass on Arms List

Do you know how much business they get on a Friday or weekend? Plenty of nogs, kids, and boomers that'll shoot 200 rounds of ammo only to leave the brass.

im sure there are guides online on how to "refill" spent cartridges

huh so it seems like collecting brass is a good money maker for the shops then. Are there actually ranges that say you cannot collect your own spent casings? That's fucking stupid if you ask me. It seems like it would make sense for you to pick up the mess you made.

you call it reloading instead of refilling

hate those ranges so much. Thankfully my nearby range is skeet + pistols, and they let us do whatever the fuck with the pistols.

>NRA fudds
Would you rather I call them Feinstein fans since they are on the same side? Isn't it nice to see bi partisanship with gun control?

Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations.

home.nra.org/joint-statement

Attached: feinstein_quote2.png (989x556, 717K)

kys larp fag

>>>redditt

>go to box store
>looking at a 3x maginifier
>ask if its 1/3 or full cowitness
>find out its full co
wont work with my gun
>"well ya know you can put it on your gun, it wont matter nun"
>moon walk the fuck out of there

>go to favorite mom and pop shop
>they have always been chill AF, great prices, good conversation
>drive up
>sign is gone, now has the sign of the larger shop 2 counties over
>ohfuckme.jpg
>walk inside expecting the worst
>looks exactly the same
>"hey welcome to x&x gun shop what can I do for you?"
>Oh I was looking for xyz."
>proceed to have 1 hour long intelligent conversation with 3 employees
>Atmosphere chill af still
>clerk asks me about my gun, I say "Id show you but Im loaded up r now, I know your sign says all loaded guns must remail holstered."
>"Youre good bud I trust you. Can I see it?"
>unload po7 and let him fiddle with it
>tells me not to sell a gun I have to the store, but to use arms list to get the best price for myself
>talk about Jocko Willink, Violent Bed time storeis, John Wick
>talking about winter war, he mentions some memes about it
>I take a chance and mention poland ball
>"HAHA I love those comics."

>customer for life solidified.

10/10 mom and pop store stories welcome

mine sucks. They're just a deer tag registration station and get pissed at anyone forcing them to even look at their inventory.

I'll drive for an hour to get to the State SWAT training center/store - yeah, it's more expensive, but, they've been helping me out for years and they have 25$ Transfer fees.

not bad, only shitty thing is the old people did 20 dollar transfers, the new ones do 30 dollar

>Motherfucker, I am lathe-turning my own 7.65 long.
Noted communist Ian McCollum heard you shoot there, and used his paypiggyon bucks to buy a stake in that range just to steal your brass.

I mean, I always make sure to pick up some of the (retail priced) ammo out there to show my appreciation. They're also tied heavily to the states' gun rights group, and have a pretty convincing training simulator.

As it stands, I have more active training sim/bounding fire time than most of the dudes at the local PD - helped when I applied for a less restrictive license too.

AK and AR-15 have the same sight radius dingus. What are you talking about

no, no they don't.

Just bring an m1 garand with you too. That guarantees all old fudds like you even if you have other things they hate.

Meh. Short sight radius is a thing, but I think you're exaggerating it a little. The typical max effective range (ie, range you can land reliable hits on a torso-sized target) for a military AK is supposed to be 300 meters. Provided, of course, that:

A. The gun is properly made, not assembled by monkeys with hammers (Looking at you, Century Arms!), and

B. The shooter uses proper technique, and knows how to zero his sights.

Nothing wrong with an AK, just that they have a long history of being (mis)used by idiots and/or communists.

or a Rem1100 for skeet.

Absolutely the best camo. You can shoot hot 10mm all day rapid fire on the pistol range if you let people hold your M1 or see the cartouche on your Rem 1100.

indoor ranges just don't ever seem worth it. im also convinced they're bad for you in the same way firing a carl gustav is bad for you. you're in a sealed bunker full of many small concussive blasts, it can't be healthy.

>cue africans setting the ak sights to 1000m because the bigger number makes the gun more powerful
plus ventilation

Attached: he knows de wey of using a gun.jpg (960x539, 39K)

>you're in a sealed bunker full of many small concussive blasts
>small
See

I wouldn't consider myself a racist, but fuck if it doesn't feel good to be white sometimes

not like they were aiming down their sites anyway

lol

Attached: ARAKsightradius.jpg (917x467, 148K)

>sites

you don't know anything about AKs

wuggy is a retard