Bad Ammo

post ammo that youve had shitty experiences with.
>pic related claims to be ideal for semi auto
>jams worse than anything ive seen in a 10/22
>costed me a motherfucking squirrel once

Attached: 130410.jpg (880x660, 83K)

Clean your rifle, dingus

This

>Fire thousands of rounds of the cheapest dirtiest cartridge on the market

>durr, muh jams

Can confirm, was at a .22lr shooting competition once and at least 5 of us with 10/22's were all shooting from our own boxes of federal target ammo and we all had feeding and jamming issues

Its underpowered

i clean it to the point of obsession. but real talk the ammo fucking sucks. ive shot rounds before and after it and none have worked so poorly, cocksleeves

I've got a CMMG .22 LR AR-15 upper that loves this stuff. You can cover your group with a nickle at 50 yards if you've got a sandbag rest. My Model 60 and my Kimber Target Rimfire love it too.

Maybe the 10/22 is just over-rated?

Then your rifle needs work, sorry
Only issues I've ever had with this stuff is out of a pistol that otherwise required minimags to function

>10/22 is just over-rated

Attached: lemongrab3.gif (241x240, 1.24M)

mil buckshot in new 1014s ejection issues after a few hundred rounds.

Anything by Remington is fucking junk.

Look at the rim in the pic, it came out of the box like that.
And probably one in three that came out of that box was a dud, even with a strong rim indentation.
Quality control? What quality control?

Attached: Rem22LRTarget-02-BILD0156.jpg (1280x960, 592K)

I had some Fiochi .357 magnum that had a rough raised edge on the rim which prevented it from seating properly in the cylinder. Was pretty annoying desu.

>10/22 is overrated
>just buy a .22 AR like me

Attached: signal-2018-12-17-182747.jpg (592x328, 29K)

10/22s are all unique. Mine will absolutely eat anything, clean or dirty. I may have had a total of 20 malfuntions in the probably 10,000 rounds I put through it.

My buddies on the other hand will only eat Remington golden bullets reliably.

>10/22
>overrated
Slap yourself in the balls you're too stupid to reproduce.

Im buying a 10/22 can anyone recomend me a good brand of ammo

Brown Bear .223. I fired a mag of this shit and my barrel immediately started rusting. I had no idea they were still using corrosive primers.

I shoot this ammo out of a piece of shit remmigton 597 and usually need 500 or so rounds before getting any jams. For bulk ammo it's decently accurate too. Clean and lube your gun.

Blazer is perfect for it. Minimags if you're willing to burn the extra 2cpr.

i stopped using remington after every other round ruptured in my pappys win model 94

Are you that faggot on Arfcom?

Tula is dirty as fuck, wolf is worth it

5.56 steel case is absoloute cancer

Remington yellowjacket is shit

The fuck are you on about? Wolf doesn't even manufacture ammo. Most of their Russian-caliber stuff is literally repackaged Tula.

I had a bad experience but I'm not blaming the manufacturer for it, I think the LGS is run by a a grubby Jew.

>get a new rifle, have an hour or so to get it zeroed, snag a box of Fiocchi 55 gr .223
>Take it home, open up the box, immediately notice several of the projectiles are smashed back into the brass, others have loose projectiles that are not well seated
>Pick those out, decide to try to run the ammunition that wasn't fucked
>Powder loads seem off, a couple run fine, but the rest whiff like they don't have enough powder.
A good 80% of the rounds were fucked up. I figured there was no way this would get through at the factory.
>Check the google reviews for the shop
>Owner has been accused of selling handloads in Factory ammunition boxes
>Owner does not call/alert people when their consignment sells
>Owner takes payments for ordering a rifle, will never order the rifle and blatantly lie to the customers
>He tells one guy the distributor has none in stock and won't return the money he sent them
>Customer calls the distributor, they have 20 of his rifle in stock not allocated to anyone.

If you ever get into the 336 area in NC, stay away from Acme Bullet Co.

>10/22 jamming
Not surprising

Federal has been pretty good in both my S&W 22A and Marlin 795. MiniMags are best, obviously. CCI Blazer is the best bulk ammo I've found.

Winchester and Remington are shit.

Yes, Fiocchi is crimped nicely at the cannelure. You're not going to unseat that unless you drop a brick on it repeatedly.

how does this not run in a 10/22? i have a shitty meme scar replica 22 that's really picky with ammo and it runs federal just fine.

Anything by Federal it literally almost costed me my life.
>Be me
>Cop for about 8 years
>Be patrolling with my partner
>Stereotypical Lincoln driving like he's texting and speeding
>Meh whatever weren't not doing anything
>Try and pull his ass over
>he floors it and tries to run a red light to get us to stop
>Nottoday.jpeg
>Blaze through that shit going 100
>Chase this asshole through the projects
>Partner grabs Mossberg
>Don't have time to grab AR in the back because I was driving just say fuck it and carry Sig P320 in .40S&W
>Eventually turns down a dead end
>Suspect bails at the end of the street with a big iron in his hand
>Gets the seconds ahead of us and tries running to the back of a nice ol lady's house
>Partner takes right side to try and flank him I take the left following suspect
>He takes cover on the corner and turns on me
>Somehow managed to put 2 through both lungs barely missing spine and major arteries
>Passes out gasping for air
>Call shots fired
>Turns out gun he was using was a rough raging bull and that my bullets never expanded after hitting a thick jacket the guy was wearing.
>Fucker survives and escapes the hospital gets picked up again about 2 weeks later at his mom's house in Atlanta

Attached: 1543716969677.jpg (353x381, 105K)

same, had a brand new 10/22 and got a box of this with it, freshly lubed and oiled it before taking it out and I was just getting jam after jam with that shit.

Anything that comes in bulk boxes

Huh. I last bought 3 boxes of that stuff in 2014. It worked great in my 10/22, but then I've never had issues with my 10/22.

WWB 9mm. Used to be okay for joyriding in my shot-out BHP, but ever since I rebarreled and resprung, the shit fails to eject. Even with a new extactor and spring.
Hotter loads are flawless.

Through the 90s Remington .22lr was my go-to. Std. Yellow jacket, Hy-Per Always was reliable. No more.
SAD!

>rebarreled an old BHP
:(

>all this over a speeding ticket
what the fuck

>Its underpowered
This is why the 10/22 chokes on it. I only shoot their standard rounds in older rifles that can't handle high velocity.

never buying federal again since they went full jew with their hst

Repeat felons, man. They're too stupid to actually follow laws after they get out and have an extended sentence hanging over their heads if they fuck up again. The ones that automatically go violent usually know they're screwed if their info gets put into the computer.

Winchester white box

Every fucking time

Attached: C53D0456-8024-4D65-B505-642B319B9BC4.jpg (1155x1155, 88K)

This hot turd

Attached: 6048F1B8-7FE4-44B3-9E4D-CB8E4B14BC72.jpg (398x398, 28K)

This garbage

Attached: 5FEDFAA4-79CB-413F-8CD6-BF2C4C666E69.jpg (384x384, 18K)

Aquila is fine for newer guns but jams like a mother f’er in my old .22s

They are from the 1900’s 20’s and 50’s respectfully.

Remington UMC is shit.
Every time I get one of those 250 round boxes, the middle trays are smashed in.

>Brown Bear uses corrosive primers
Nope. You just can't take care of guns.

Bought 50's manufacture Yugo milsurp 8mm from J&G. SGammo and a couple other places also have it. DOES NOT WORK IN SEMI-AUTOS. Works fine in my M48 though, just smells like diarrhea and is physically dirty/dusty.

i bought some russian .38spl that gave me a 3 squibs in 20rounds. it pissed me off so much.

I got hosed with one of their super cheap 1,600 round packs. Every magazine a fail to fire.

My wife says she cleans the house. Does a pretty good job, does it all the time. Like OCD clean. Every once in a while I'll clean. When I do, I find some places that have been neglected since last time I cleaned. Even obsessively clean might not be as clean as it could be.

Remington UMC 130 grain .38 Special. Haven’t had any issues until today; I think the primer failed to ignite the powder as evidenced by the amount of residue and un-burnt powder flakes around the cylinder gap and forcing cone. Not sure how common these are with factory-produced ammunition.

Attached: AF2BCEFD-FE74-4763-A678-E3D7503B4227.jpg (2410x1808, 775K)

No issues with this ammo in my 10/22s, ran it through three, and two take downs, mostly in 25 rounders, in fact, in the rotary 10 round mags they run just about anything as long as it's not underpowered

Maybe you guys got a weak lot

>5.56 steel case is absoloute cancer
Practically all I shoot these days, but if your rifle is undergassed or tuned with a heavier buffer/spring to try and shoot soft with 5.56, you might not get enough push. Milspec stuff runs fine with it since it's almost always a little overgassed to be reliable in harsh conditions

CCI and Federal.

I get stovepipes with federal automatch in my 10/22 and I'm trying to fix this because it's cheap, relatively clean, and fairly accurate.

I ran micrometer readings on a bunch - rim thickness is often 5-10% over the .040 it's supposed to be in the lot I have, but federal 36gr cphp bulk is right on.

I pulled the extractor out for the first time since I bought the gun and cleaned the plunger, spring, extractor and channel. If that doesn't help, I'll try a volquartsen replacement. I want to like this stuff.

I got 2 bad boxes of winchester M-22 during the shortage that was so bad it was painful. Same with some remington t-bolts, and I won't buy either again.

>not buying strictly CCI for .22

Are you in the discord for NC?

Really? I've shot at least 1,000 rounds of this stuff through 3-4 guns.

Nothing wrong with the ammo, but every time something got majorly fucked up with my SMLE, I was shooting S&B 180 grain. I just associate it with bad voodoo now, probably irrationally.

Attached: S&B_180gr_.303Brit.jpg (384x384, 17K)

Upgrade the extractor. Quick $20 fix solved a lot of my stovepiping issues.

This. So dirty. I got 4 boxes on sale, shot one box and it looked like I've never cleaned my gun. Now I have 3 boxes I'll never use.

It's okish ammo in my experience. Dirty and leaves a strange yellowish dust (brass/jacket fragments?) over the inside of my slide, but then I run this through a Glock 19, Springfield 1911 in 9mm, and a Ruger PC.

I don't mind if ammo shoots a bit dirty, since I clean after every range trip anyway. Only if it fails to cycle and goes way off target, would I consider it bad.

Lot to lot variance is absolutely a thing with 22 Long Rifle ammo. I've used Federal automatch with a Colt Woodsman 2nd series Match target; cycled the old gun flawlessly.

I've used thousands of rounds of that ammo and can't think of a single issue that wasn't related to the magazine through my 10/22 or my SR22.

That's just what. 22lr does, regardless of brand

Timestamp?

That's a squib load!

Attached: stop-danger-sign-450w-397941181.jpg (450x245, 35K)

>That's just what. 22lr does, regardless of brand

Stop buying shit ammo and/or shit guns.

I 400 rounds of 20+ year old Winchester Wildcat .22 ammo and had no issues.

Says the retard with a Taurus Tracker. Hope you fall backwards down a set a stairs and break your neck

>Says the retard with a Taurus Tracker. Hope you fall backwards down a set a stairs and break your neck

Except that anyone shooting it says that the single action and accuracy is up to par with a S&W 617.
Sure, dual action pull is heavier, but what did you expect. You get what you pay for.
I'd never buy a large cal Taurus, but this one works absolutely fine.
Sure, the timing will eventually give out and I'll need to trash it, but so what? I'm quite happy with the bang for buck it gave me.

Let's see your glorious collection.

Attached: TaurusTracker22LR-01-BILD0136.jpg (1280x960, 460K)

My wife and I settled on this ammo because it gives the best reliability/cost ratio of the various types we tried. The S&W Victory continued to have problems so I upgraded the extractor. Problem solved.
.22s need to be cleaned more often than regular centerfire. Preferably after every session. That will help a lot.

I have to agree with you about the Remington 22 lr rounds - they are garbage.
Very inconsistent and totally useless for target shooting.
On the other hand I use the remington 185gr corelokd 308 rounds for pig shooting and they work very well.

what has happened to winchester 22 ammo?
when I was a young fella about 30 years ago winchester 22 was pretty good but now its very inconsistent

Over cleaning can result in damage. Specifically of the barrel and crown.

>what has happened to winchester 22 ammo?
>when I was a young fella about 30 years ago winchester 22 was pretty good but now its very inconsistent

Whereas Winchester Repeating Arms is part of the FN-H group, Winchester ammunition isn't. Olin, the trademark owner used to produce the ammo themselves, but since 1980-ish, Winchester ammunition has merely been a brand name which has been licensed out to parties as Olin sees fit.

Initially it was manufactured by GIAT (french military contractor), but who manufacturers it today, I don't know.

It's also important to note that rimfire production is pretty erratic and is almost always outsourced. Even if you have a centerfire production plant, you generally don't produce any rimfire anywhere near it because it's just such a different process. There's only a few rimfire production plants in the US btw, so most ammo comes from the same places but with different requirements & QC.

Not that user but the 10/22 IS overrated. People only buy them to barbie them up.
Marlins, CZs, ar-7, savage... all better performing rifles that don't have nearly as large of an aftermarket. If that's what you're into.

damn lol merry christmas

Attached: B8BDFF70-BAD5-4399-BA1F-FDAD3125557A.jpg (3264x2448, 1.29M)

Haven't had too many issues with new production ammo. Surplus stuff that sucked were both in 8mm, Ecquadorian and 50s Yugo. Tons of hang fires and failures to fire. Also had some Syrian 7.5 French ammo that was garbage. Federal .22 works great in any semi auto I ever had. Stick with CCi and Federal for semi autos and Winchester/Remington for bolts. Even then, while consistency is worse with then they tend to work barring the occasional dud.

>AR-7
>better

Same here. Only CCI for my 10/22. But my Ruger SR22 loves the federal ammo and isn't very fond of CCI

10/22 is a model, Savage, CZ, and Marlin(lol) are brands. Why don't you let some knowledgeable people post for a while. Go play with you new Christmas toys.

Why are you so expensive and hard to find! I just want to shoot my cowboy gun.

Attached: 25-36MarlinREM-UMC-308x435.jpg (308x435, 26K)

The barrel when I got it was a shot out replacement. The thing had been ran hard and put away wet, a total combat games rebuild.
Dropped in a Bar Sto and a wolf spring kit. Plug n play. Shoots better than I can.

>This
Wildcat is so shit it failed to fire in my early model Ruger MkII target. That gun is a tank that feeds and fires everything else, even Remington golden bullets.

Marlin model 60 is better faggot

Seconding this. Put 200 rounds of UMC 9 mil downrange on Saturday, was having a malfunction almost every magazine and there was solid gunk built up on the slide afterwards. It got to the point where disengaging the slide relase wouldn't chamber the next round half the time.

tula is prety good

I cook these off with a lighter.

Why can't America make decent steel case ammo? I bought a 50 round box of this shit and got about 2 failure to extracts per magazine in my M9.

Attached: box of jams.jpg (800x483, 174K)

I have no idea what it is but federal is the best. Especially their eagle brand.
Crazy accurate and never had any crummy bullets.

It's really good for my 22/45 ruger

>Anything by Remington is fucking junk.

This!
God damn this so much, white box is a close second to worst ammo.

I had about 2 ftf and and a semi squib per mag of wolf 9mm in my90-2

That’s just part of shooting .22 in a semi automatic. Are you two stupid?

>he timing will eventually give out and I'll need to trash it
thats what

I don't like Federal Premium's 12 gauge ammo. Mainly because of the ugly color of red they use on them. It's trivial, but whatever.

>my bullets never expanded after hitting a thick jacket the guy was wearing
That's more common than you think, and it is not a problem unique to Federal brand bullets, nor is it even a serious problem, as proved by the fact you are still alive. Even FMJ would probably have worked just fine.

niggers

Remington Golden Bullet sucks shit

Works fine on my machine

Attached: wm_8338644.jpg (1877x541, 213K)