Has Glock finally jumped the shark?

recoilweb.com/glock-to-release-10-round-g43x-pistol-144330.html
recoilweb.com/the-glock-model-g48-rumors-and-rumint-144366.html
What the hell are they thinking?

Attached: Glock_G48_00-670x446.jpg (670x892, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WVrpMJCjuM0
youtube.com/watch?v=EGR_PMbH4Xo
desuarchive.org/k/thread/34857285/#34886298
youtube.com/watch?v=GFUsA5gq1Cw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FUCK YES

1911 guys will be seething

If so, I am going to get one of the G48s for my girlfriend who has comically small hands and can hardly shoot double stacks.

where's the manual safety

And yet they still won't release one with a thumb safety.
Or a PCC.

>And yet they still won't release one with a thumb safety.
GADGET

g49
single stack 9x39mm

youtube.com/watch?v=WVrpMJCjuM0
?

Would be nice if they put a rail on the 43x.

>And yet they still won't release one with a thumb safety.
>Or a PCC.
Glock lets other companies test out the theory that buyers want that. No one buys them.

So basically they are following Kahr's lead and building a single stack 9mm in every size. This is good, because Kahr's are hot garbage.

People have been asking for this since forever.

>using a safety on a weapon w

Give me my fucking 500 automax glock already

if you want a thumb safety, there are plenty of other guns on the market with a thumb safety.
I get the G43x, people would rather a 10rd subcompact than a 7/8rd sub without too much addition of width and height.
But a single/stagger stack G19? Fucking why?

Women are the fastest growing gun buyer cohort. My gf has yuge hands for a girl and she prefers the 43 grip thiccness over her 19

it seems like kind of an odd thing, but i suppose theyre trying to fill a niche in the market (ban states maybe) by modifying something they already have. this is wht glock is known for, just changing things, not making anything new.

>using a safety on a weapon w weapon with less than 1.5lb trigger
Seems like the sort of thing that could use a safety imo

>G43X
>let's make a P365 that works

>G48
>you know that Glock 1911 photoshop someone e-mails customer service every day? Fuck it, if they buy the 19X they'll eat this shit too.

Full circle, a duty pistol without the 17 round capacity that made it popular when it released. If they really wanted to make a birrion dorrars off of Glockfags they would build a .22lr Glock 19.

Attached: Glock-Boardroom-Meeting-Suggestion.jpg (500x649, 93K)

>Glock to bring about the return of medium-full size pistols that are still slim rather than the pigfat pistols that companies have been making since the wondernine craze kicked off
Oh god yes.
>inb4 muh practicality
Reminder that the chances of you actually using a pistol you own for practical purposes at its limits are basically zero.

>Reminder that the chances of you actually using a pistol you own for practical purposes at its limits are basically zero.
The chances of using any carried pistol are virtually nil, though.

So what's the point?

Huh. I'm actually interested in both of these so long as the MSRP isn't over $600. The G43X looks like a P365 that works, and the G48 just seems kinda neat.

Got any pics?

As someone home for the holidays in a ban state, my dad just said he'd be interested in a Glock with a full size grip he doesn't need to buy gimped mags for.

youtube.com/watch?v=EGR_PMbH4Xo
They're the new Apple.

Attached: glockshotshow.jpg (1920x3200, 2.48M)

>thumb safety
literally no one wants that. grow up

> M A N U L A safety
No.

>cant even spell manual
>"my trigger finger is the only safety i need!"
Typical glock owner, you probably carry the thing appendix and don't even consistently visually check your holster when practicing draws on the range.

Attached: DELTABOISONDECK.jpg (943x403, 32K)

No you wrong. I just like this word. It's mistake from some pistol's advertisement. Manula.

> trigger discipline is too hard, I need special mechanism to keep my balls unwounded

Cursed glock

No, that'd be this one

Attached: Fitz Special Glock.jpg (810x960, 74K)

u wot m8

>those painted magazines

Attached: 1529582720574.jpg (540x303, 10K)

>"No you wrong. I just like this word."
>I need special mechanism to keep my balls unwounded
>literally types like an ESL speaker
>plebbit spacing
People like you are why cops should be issued DAO guns exclusively.

> >literally types like an ESL speaker
> >plebbit spacing
English is not my first language. There is many other countries with guns, mutt.

>There is many other countries with guns, mutt.
Posted timestamped hands, shitskin.

If its just a g19 lower with a slimer g43 slide ill be getting one as long as the first batch isnt plagued with problems.

Sorry I meant to da if its a g26 lower with a slimmer g43 slide. That would be a no brainer. However, if its a single stack 9mm with a longer grip that's stupid.

>no rail
pfft,...

Attached: download.jpg (1000x565, 98K)

We 1911 now niggas.

I want that 43X.

If you already have a g43 you'll almost certainly be able to use the mags from a 43x. There will probably be those grip sleeves they have for g17 mags that make them sit flush on a g19 grip. It would be far better to get a regular g43 so you could use both mags instead of being so limited.
Just give us a slimmer g26 that still takes 26, 19, 17 mags.

>he doesn't know that 9x39 translates to 357 magnum

I screenshoted this predicting during the new glock mystery hype before the most recent pointless new generation release.

Attached: Screenshot_20170816-225808.png (1080x1920, 256K)

>posted 10 seconds ago
Nice try fag.

Attached: IMG1141767614.jpg (1171x1347, 397K)

desuarchive.org/k/thread/34857285/#34886298

It was a screenshot I took when I posted it. Look at the post number you fucking retard.

Why do people keep asking for radically different guns from Glock? Do you really think they will make a da/sa gun or a sao gun? The most reasonable out of the ordinary thing Glock could make would be a PCC but honestly I'd rather have a Glock competitor to the p365.

Attached: 1539997232911.jpg (605x598, 58K)

>your gf

No shit. It was a joke.

Attached: IMG1430049317~01.jpg (2591x617, 249K)

>he's too busy sucking cocks to realize the .357mag case is only 33mm long

Attached: 5 - 9x39mm.jpg (3072x1728, 460K)

Only without the godly trigger

>wanting Glock to change
Ignoring the fact that any other reasonable, viable innovation has already been done by Glock’s competitors, there’s no reason to fix something that isn’t broken or to create a radically different variant of an already popular, proven platform. The only thing that’s really left for Glock to do would be to create a hammer-fired, alloy/steel-framed pistol, which would completely disregard the point of a Glock. All Glock really needs to do is make steel night sights default and maybe use a P-10c type trigger.

>dumb Amerilard completely oblivious to glorious Czech Republic

desu I'd carry the G48, I've been wanting a longer slide single stack 9x19 handgun that isn't a fucking Kahr.

I would unironically buy either to carry with a striker control device over any model glock currently makes.

Isn't this just supplying mostly to the ban state markets?

>If you already have a g43 you'll almost certainly be able to use the mags from a 43x
I don't know, the articles mentioned:
>According to dimensions leaked to RECOIL by a third party with ties to Glock’s Austrian headquarters, compared to the dimensions of the G43, the G43X grip is “4mm wider and 15mm longer than a G43” to accommodate its new ten-round magazine.

which means this 10rd mag is going to be a different design altogether.

How about doing something really revolutionary and giving potential customers the OPTION of a manual safety, you fucking idiots.

The entire point of the system is that it doesn't need a manual safety.

They would literally be contradicting their own marketing rhetoric. How safe could a safe action glock be if they need to sell one with a manual safety?

You don't need a manual safety on a Glock, you fucking double idiot

you have the OPTION of any other gun.

And yet they included a manual safety on the guns the US Mil tested.

Attached: MHS-Contestants2-e1499591652952-660x315.jpg (660x315, 26K)

but it just looks so cool

Attached: Glock_MHS_02.jpg (2048x1324, 863K)

There are thousands of us potential customers that want the option of a manual safety and won't conceal carry something without one. S&W gets it, look at the shield with manual safety and their many other pistols with manual safeties.

Tell that to all the fags who developed a nasty case of Glock leg.

I'm well aware of their "safe action" marketing bullshit. All that is is a drop safety though, it has nothing to to with preventing the trigger being pulled when not intended, which is the entire fucking point of a thumb safety. And yes, considering Glocks and most other modern striker pistols are basically just shitty single action pistols they most definitely could use thumb safeties. The option should at least be made available.

>you have the OPTION of any other gun.
Yeah, and none of those OPTIONS enjoy the ubiquity, aftermarket or cheap good reliable magazines of the Block

I would buy a 22lr 17 or 19 so fast their fucking heads would spin. For now I make do with Advantage Arms conversion.

Yet the ban state state with the largest number of potential customers, California, will never see a new Glock model anyhow.

>Tell that to all the fags who developed a nasty case of Glock leg.
OK. "Hey fags with Glock leg, stop buying shitty retention holsters and to keep their booger flicker off the bang switch". Done.
>All that is is a drop safety though, it has nothing to to with preventing the trigger being pulled when not intended
That's what your finger and your holster are for. The more steps you have to go through to make your gun ready to fire, the less time you have in a situation where fractions of a second REALLY matter. Manual safeties are stupid.

>For now I make do with Advantage Arms conversion.
What's your experience been like? I had one, and I regretted the purchase as soon as I opened the box to a big yellow warning card telling me that there's only one or two kinds of ammo it runs "reliably", which in my experience meant only one or two stovepipes per 10 round mag instead of every other round being a malfunction. I'm not really seeing the purpose of it, I mean sure "training", but how much are you really getting done by training on an unreliable 22lr for using an uber-reliable 9mm?

>BRO JUST DON'T FUCK UP IN A HIGH STRESS SITUATION
Literally you. Hope you shoot your nuts off and do the world a favor.

youtube.com/watch?v=GFUsA5gq1Cw

Holstering a pistol is basically never a high stress situation. Drawing a pistol is, but holstering it is not. You have to be a total stupid nigger to shoot yourself with a glock.

I don't buy the safe action garbage, but the solution is not a manual safety.

I only really use hammer fired DA/SA guns, I can carry without a safety and I can use the decocked hammer to tell if I'm going to have an ND because of a trigger obstruction when holstering. Striker control device is the obvious solution to me coming from that system. It eliminates the concern that a safety may accidentally be turned on when it isn't intended to be used and you don't need to train to check or turn the safety off when you need to use it under pressure.

Guns are dangerous. A manual safety does not make them less dangerous, it's just one more thing to fuck up. In the video you posted, the guy reholstered his weapon without clearing his holster of obstructions first. When he bent over, his shirt pulled the trigger for him. Not good. Always check your holster before re-holstering.

The grip on the 43x is going to be longer than the P365. And don’t fal for the internet bs, 365 works great, .08% have been returned.

>I don't buy the safe action garbage
>Muh DA/SA
Fudd shit. Millions of people operate Glocks, they cannot go off unless you pull the trigger, or allow something else to pull the trigger for you. Don't do that.

If he had a manual safety and engaged it before holstering, this never would have happened.

I never said it was, cockbite. You're literally pulling the "HURR DURR KEEP YOUR BOOGER HOOKER OFF THE BANG SWITCH SON" meme on someone that's considering a fucking Block for concealed carry. Would I be using that to put down an animal that wants to harm me or my family or would I be using it to direct traffic with extreme prejudice?

Wait do you actually look at your holster every time you draw? That’s not how you’re supposed to do it my man..

Practicing draws implies that you also need to holster the gun, which is where you run into problems with obstructions giving you glock leg

>it doesn't need a manual safety
Yeah, it has no safety. If a round is loaded, you can always pull the trigger a pop a round off. At all times. Which means if anything snags the trigger, the gun goes boom. Everytime.

Making shit like this a DIY neutering kit.

>If he had a manual safety and engaged it before holstering, this never would have happened.
If he had followed proper holstering procedure and cleared his holster of obstructions, this would never have happened. Since he didn't follow proper procedure, no amount of mechanical devices would necessarily have saved him.

If you need a toggle on your gun to protect you from yourself, at the cost of extra time when you actually need to use the gun, go for it, sport.
>You're literally pulling the "HURR DURR KEEP YOUR BOOGER HOOKER OFF THE BANG SWITCH SON" meme
It's not a meme, that's how you prevent a gun from firing.

All I want is a Gen 5 G20. Why wont you give it to me.

>If a round is loaded, you can always pull the trigger a pop a round off. At all times.
Here in the real world we consider that an advantage called "reliable operation under stress". Meanwhile, you miss deactivating your fiddly little thumb safety due to loss of fine motor skills, and fumble with your dry trigger while the bad guy gives you some new holes to spew shit out of.

Meanwhile you accidentally shoot yourself in the leg. See, I can make blanket statements about you, too. Retard.

>Since he didn't follow proper procedure, no amount of mechanical devices would necessarily have saved him.
Except, y'know, flicking a manual safety to safe, rendering it impossible, short of some serious internal malfunction with the gun, of the firearm firing with the pull of the trigger.

>It's not a meme, that's how you prevent a gun from firing.
And it's real fucking applicable when you're drawing on 5 Jamals who fancy your ride and want to take it for a test drive.

Glock doesn't know how to make rails so it's okay.

Which is why they should make a g43 with the grip of a g26. Then all of a sudden you have a super thin slide on a frame that can take any number of different glock mags.

Not having a trigger obstruction is ideal. I am practical enough to admit that in some point in my life I will forget to check the holster for obstructions. 99% of the time there still won't be one that can pull the trigger, but I'm more comfortable with a system that allows me to have control over the hammer/striker. Holding a hammer or SCD is more intuitive than checking the holster.

DA/SA or striker with SCD are the only systems that allow for safe operation with no manual safety in my opinion. I'm not trying to claim my opinion is correct or will work for everyone, but I work in a safety critical environment and am a firm believer in the idea that no one procedure or passive safety will prevent all accidents. Simply saying don't fuck up doesn't actually work.

>Holding a hammer or SCD is more intuitive than checking the holster.

To add, it is more intuitive to me personally and I don't rely on it to prevent an ND.

I have a similar experience, that's why I say "make do" and want a real one that isn't trash.

If the 43x is the same size as a 365 I'll get it because I like Glock, but everyone I know that has a newer 365 (four people, but it's something) absolutely loves it.

>The more steps you have to go through to make your gun ready to fire, the less time you have in a situation where fractions of a second REALLY matter
>Here in the real world we consider that an advantage called "reliable operation under stress". Meanwhile, you miss deactivating your fiddly little thumb safety due to loss of fine motor skills, and fumble with your dry trigger while the bad guy gives you some new holes to spew shit out of.
How can one be so worried about fumbling with a thumb safety under stress yet so confident they'll never unintentionally pull(or let anything else pull) the trigger of their Glock under similar conditions?

Those situations aren't reversible stress-wise. In the situation where you are drawing on someone you are probably under more stress than you've ever experienced in your whole life. Reholstering your weapon shouldn't be stressful at all. I absolutely know how to reholster my gun without shooting myself in the leg, but I've never even had to draw on someone. I imagine it's the same for most people here.

Remember, you aren't Bob Munden drawing on the guy attacking you and then holstering in the same split second, you don't have to holster your weapon under stress.

>mfw I already have a P365
I just really dont like the feel or aesthetic of glocks. No offense to whoever has one.

>How can one be so worried about fumbling with a thumb safety under stress yet so confident they'll never unintentionally pull(or let anything else pull) the trigger of their Glock under similar conditions?
Doing something isn't the same as not doing something. How ever much stress you're under, NOT doing something remains pretty easy. Finger does not go on trigger unless you want to shoot something.