Is it possible to convert a pinfire weapon to fire centrefire cartridges ?

Is it possible to convert a pinfire weapon to fire centrefire cartridges ?

Out of scholarly/mechanical interest.

Attached: inconnu revolver lefaucheux ouvert bronze-01.jpg (861x496, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/government-launch-crackdown-antique-weapons-13812261
hlebooks.com/pinfire/pin01.htm
hc-collection.com/PBSCCatalog.asp?CatID=2069023
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes.

You do realize the chambers are built for the old cartridges, right? With the old powder loads and related pressures? There's faster ways to achieve a hand removal.

By drilling through the recoil plate and adding a rough firing pin?

Just be very careful with your loads.

Attached: 579604cb4880ff8d64f1864ccfa85bda.jpg (1600x1067, 117K)

Oh, no I'm just legitimately interested on whether or not it's possible

I'm not stupid enough to try something like that

Yes. You may have to do other work as well depending on exactly what gun you are modifying.

Of course you still need to make custom ammo, or modify the gun to accept a centerfire cartridge of similar size.

Lewd

Yeah, by all means. There's a lot of DIY weapons based on mechanisms like staples and nail guns and even toy guns can be made to fire. It's the part where you entrust your hand with the result that is scary,

Oh, huh.
I remember reading about some gang a while back that used exclusively muskets or something

birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/government-launch-crackdown-antique-weapons-13812261

Oh here we go the Burger Bar Boys

I didn't see the word musket mentioned anywhere. And the word 'antique' used about WW1 weapons is weird, to put it carefully. Maybe not; it used to be that antique meant 100 years old more more but now that would included a lot of weapons still in use in WW2. The current distinction - although not equal in all countries - seem to be weapons made for the old smoke-reduced powder types not used since about 1900, defining Luger P08s and k98s and Lee Enfields as 'modern' in spite of their age.

If you are a euro there are places to still buy pinfire ammo or reload your own

I mean, while it's not as straightforward as centerfire, you can still reload pinfire rounds. I've talked to a few guys who reload for their pinfire shotguns.

Attached: pinfire shotgun.jpg (600x441, 65K)

Nowadays here I think it's based on whether or not it's chambered in what's classed as an obsolete caliber, or is a musket or blunderbuss or whatever
There is?

hlebooks.com/pinfire/pin01.htm
hc-collection.com/PBSCCatalog.asp?CatID=2069023

google around there is a few others mainly in France who dgaf and ship out anyhwere to anyone who pays. If not theres that big guns/militaria fair in Belgium every year that can fill all your needs.

ow and if you need blackpowder without a permit have a go at model rocketry engines. Just make sure to get the right grain.

Huh
desu though I think that if you own pinfire ammo it means the law counts you as not owning the revolver or whatnot for the "right" reasons
so you can be jailed

Justguncontrolthings

That's pretty stupid. Old ammo is, itself, collectible.

Yeah, but if you own the gun to go with it, even if you never fire said gun, you need a FAC or face jail

It's a pain
(I really want to fire a pinfire revolver though)

depends on the country i suppose but who will know ? pinfire might be outdated and somewhat shit but boatloads of motherfuckers have been killed with it. If its your only option go for it now. With our current euro nazi shit i dont expect these guys being able to sell in 3 years or so.

Ngl tempted to just travel to France/Belgium and see if I could get my hands on such

28 of April in Ciney be there or be square

Or buy a antique
Order reloading kit (work on a good dropp off if you are worried allthough intra state stuff rareley gets checked)
Aquire BP from model engines
???
Go LARP with your pinfire

>doesn't realize blackpowder exists
>doesn't realize that newly made cases can be loaded with it
>doesn't realize "the old powder loads" were made using blackpowder
Stick to ARs kid

Yes it was common to convert 12mm pinfire to .38 s&w rimfire and then center fire

>Tyreese, give these niggas a volley