No guns user here

no guns user here
is a .45 ACP a good gun for personal defence?
Just moved to a chicago suburb from California

Attached: 1544884787544.jpg (680x521, 63K)

no, yes, maybe, /thread

Attached: 1545109523763.jpg (616x608, 30K)

Yeah, it's fine. But so is 9mm, 10mm, .380, or .40 S&W, so why do you ask for .45 specifically?

WARNING
Below this line is an autistic argument between the effectiveness of .45 ACP and 9mm Luger
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Probably has heard fuddlore as a nogunz

It's fine.

Handgun rounds are generally accepted as being so-so for killing people. Everything from 9mm +p to 45ACP is roughly equal in tissue destruction and recoil, and personal defense situations rarely require more than three rounds and rarely occur past a little over arms reach. Most men can keep 3 rounds of 45 on a man sized target in rapid fire with no problems.

So use whatever gun you can get if you can't afford to be a tactifudd and buy muh perfect CC gun as long as it's not in a mouse caliber. Just follow this one rule: Never shoot FMJ, and make sure your gun can reliably function with hollowpoints. If a gun is already known for not reliably functioning without specific ammo or care (must be kept lubed and away from dirt sweat water etc) don't carry it. The first shot probably won't do anything, because it's a handgun, and the second shot won't even be chambered if it jams. And then you die.

>Move from one shithole to another
WHYYYYYYYY?
To answer your question, yes it will work fine for most uses. Get something you can mount a flashlight to, though.

Yes. Anything 380 and bigger is fine. Just figure out what gun you like, fits the role best, and learn to use it.

If you plan to carry make sure it’s comfortable and concealable. If it’s for home or car get as large a gun as you want.

>chicago

Get yourself a Problem Solver in 10MM.

Attached: Glock 40 X2.jpg (5312x2988, 2.51M)

I like the 1911 style, purely aesthetic reasons also for stopping power, I know it used to be standard issue, mostly a /his/ guy myself

Attached: boomer.jpg (902x254, 111K)

good info Jow Forums, you guys know your shit unlike /x/ or Jow Forums
lost a job, moved in with parents ngl its pretty seedy out here, looking for a CWP honestly

It Will work even better if you hit the target

Yes, it works quite well if you are able to put lead on target.

Don’t even put .380 in the same “fine” category as .40 SW and .45 auto.

>inb4 some contextless chart from some “””meta””” study saying they’re all the same

Yes user. .45 auto is a fantastic round - great weight, penetration and expansion.

Newgunz here. Why are fmj rounds frowned upon?

What are you looking for? Concealed carry? S&W M&P Shield in 9mm or Glock 26 with those 12 round Magpul magazines. Anything larger than that, I would go with 10mm.

>10millimeme for a noob

Lack of expansion means they can overpenetrate, and dump less of their energy into tissue

>move from california
>to chicago
is New York City, Hawaii, and New Jersey next?