What's the point of revolvers still existing other than for long-ass cartridges that are too long to cycle in an action?

What's the point of revolvers still existing other than for long-ass cartridges that are too long to cycle in an action?

Attached: 150909_01_lg_0_0_0.jpg (500x500, 15K)

Swing open cylinders are so fucking gross.

Attached: 3256.jpg (1680x1050, 164K)

when i sneak up on you and blow your goddamn head off in an alley i dont have to run around chasing brass

Go and shoot one. You'll understand.

IDK why do cars with manual transmissions exist when they're slower, waste more gas, and actually less reliable and need more maintenance?

Why use old mechanical keyboards?

Too many people get wrapped around only ever having the latest and greatest everything they fall short and fail to see the big picture of their hobby.

Buy a heritage rough rider they're dirt cheap, I promise it'll be your new favorite thing to shoot for awhile no matter what your collection is. It also makes you appreciate semi autos and where we've come.

Attached: IMG_20181215_182751__01.jpg (4101x2925, 3.48M)

Highest chance of firing your first and second shots (the most important ones for a civ) without your weapon encountering a failure, and they have higher potential mechanical accuracy than the majority of modern autoloaders due to using a fixed barrel.

Do you not like fun, OP?

>not pictured is newly acquired Dan Wesson Model 14 .357mag

Attached: revoverls.png (1440x1080, 2.91M)

They're great for baby hands. No magwell so the grip can be perfect for your baby dick midget hands.

Ehhh I really wish there was a single action with side swing open cylinder

Attached: 0802.jpg (475x167, 14K)

And here it is.

You're missing out on a lot of fun, OP. Going to the range and shooting a revolver is way less work. You're not spending time loading mags, you're just shooting and having fun. .38spl is cheap, .357mag is a blast to shoot without being painful in a full size revolver, and .44mag is there for novelty if you're into pain. Mine hurts.

Attached: DW M14.jpg (1210x908, 381K)

why worry about leaving casings at the crime scene if you're also leaving the corpse and bullet?

>What's the point of revolvers still existing other than for long-ass cartridges that are too long to cycle in an action?
>WHY IS THERE ALLOWED TO BE ANYTHING THAT ISN'T A GLOCK OR AN AR?!?!
Go the hell away.

Putting grapefruit sized holes in people's chest

Fucking hate these threads.

Because they still sell

what advantage does a revolver have over a semi-auto pistol?

Ease of use, easy to carry and confidence it will fire even when subjected to weird situations like firing through a jacket pocket, keeps brass contained, can handle more powerful cartridges, quick to reload with speed loaders, ergonomics are not dictated by whether or not a slide can function properly and pick up a next round, no failure to feed or eject, no double feeding, stove piping, ect.

Fire six rounds
open cylinder
dump casings into bucket for reloading
load more rounds

Inventing new things doesn't make old thing not exist. Also are generally cheaper than semi autos for large boolets.

>why does this thing still exist to do this one thing that nothing else does?
Why ask if your answer is in the damned question.

>some people like to have a handgun with enough stopping power to give a rifle a run for its money
>wheel gats are undeniably more reliable and sturdy than semi autos
>a revolver can be shot from inside a coat pocket
>you can play russian roulette
>if you have a 357 magnum you can also load 38 special in it
>if you have 44 magnum you can also load 44 special in it
>revolvers are more accurate than semi autos

>fun and aesthetics
>firing from inside something
>magnum cartridges for hunting and bear/person killing

These are the only actually important advantages

>oh fuck i can't hit anything
>what the fuck is this trigger pull
>does it break at random
>fuck this gun

Yeah, semi autos are popular for a reason.

>manual transmissions
>slower
theoretically they can be better all around, it's just car-fudds own the market on them so everything you get is a 5 speed or a slushbox/CVT. they do make vehicles where manual transmissions outclass basically all autos - they're called motorcycles and race cars. a manual is lighter, simpler, and can hold more power reliably while having fewer drivetrain losses.
>inb4 race manuals are computer assisted so it doesn't count
there is no computer dictating when to shift because such a system would have to know track layout and a lot of other things to choose the right gear. autos are only good for automatically short shifting so cars use less gas (while accelerating painfully slowly as the soft sproingy suspension lurches and makes the occupants feel like they're taking off in a rocketship)

some people like to have a big iron on their hip. OP is a massive faggot

Attached: ohmygawd.jpg (400x400, 14K)

Lmao you're obviously not into cars manual transmissions can last decades compared to autotragic transmissions Nissan auto transmissions are a good example on how the automatic transmissions suck ass and manuals are what 2-4 mpg less efficient compared to newer cat transmissions only a gega retard can demolish a manual transmission.

Attached: 1545252447048.jpg (613x587, 16K)

Is it weird that I shoot better with a revolver than a semiauto? I’ve honesty thought of just carrying a .357 around instead of my 9mm semiauto.

The transmission type isn't what affects fuel efficiency. Manuals are actually more energy efficient. It's the gear ratios they usually come with. Autos come with taller, less aggressive gearing that result in a slower car, but the engine runs at a lower speed which consumes less fuel. In EPA tests, the auto gets better fuel efficiency, but the manual is using energy from the powerplant more efficiently.

A good example of this is the subaru BRZ. The auto is slower than a minivan to 60 (7.5-8s), while the manual is about as fast as you'd expect a 200hp sportscar with a torque dip to be (6-6.5s depending on climate and tires). However, it does better by ~4mpg. Expensive autos like those used in the mustang manage to do both by having twice as many gears to effectively have one set for fuel efficient, low RPM driving and another set for sport mode. It's possible to have that many gears in a manual but nobody wants to drive a sequential shifting gearbox because a lot of the appeal of manuals is emulating old cars.

Casings are more likely to have intact finger prints. In theory, they can also be matched to the gun that fired them, but forensic ballistics was always overhyped and modern manufacturing tolerances are tight enough that traditional forensic ballistics can't tell the difference anyway.

>>wheel gats are undeniably more reliable and sturdy than semi autos
Bullshit. Go to any range with a decent volume of rentals and you'll find that revolvers shit the bed FAR more often than anything else

to me they're just a classy gun. A satin finished s&w 6series is a classic piece.
I like revolvers a lot but they really have been superceded by more modern guns

Dodgd demon has a auto though

The yeehaw factor

I bet you're the kind of fag that thinks people should only own a Glock and an AR

I had a dream about explaining what .357 was to someone because revolvers didnt exist in europe or something

Attached: 8842B216E8134D73B37757D4EFE09B09.jpg (1000x1000, 52K)

12 shots over 8

Attached: 7C9D7DF7-5B97-4AED-9E5A-BF1D7CD2AFFD.gif (320x180, 1.38M)

Your whole transmission argument is human error

Magnum class semi autos past .357/10mm power require fuckheug guns or weird shit like they do with the .460 Rowland conversion.

The .500 S&W and .50AE are nothing alike in power despite their respective guns weighing more-or-less the same.

Making retards like you mad.

Here you go OP....

Bear county.

Revolvers dont break often but when they do they're fucked.

>you can play russian roulette
Dont do this with real guns.

>Ease of use, easy to carry and confidence it will fire even when subjected to weird situations like firing through a jacket pocket, keeps brass contained, can handle more powerful cartridges
All legit
>quick to reload with speed loaders, ergonomics are not dictated by whether or not a slide can function properly and pick up a next round, no failure to feed or eject, no double feeding, stove piping, ect.
Wrong + Literally repeating earlier points

No. Manual transmissions are antique junk, get over it.

For many, it's the same reason people still make/buy/use swords: They're outdated, but they look cool and they're fun to use.

Ok dumbass, how does a revolver double feed or stove pipe

>What's the reason for it's existence besides this really valid reason for existing?

You need to read more and post less.

coward

If I'm going to buy a 2009 toyota, I'd rather get one with a manual.

>Can load bigger rounds unless you buy a $2,000 deagle.
>world champion at shooting can shoot 6 rounds and reload and shoot 6 more with accuracy in under 4 seconds
>also fun to shoot and they are a good way to train newbies into single/double action guns
>good for hunting because bears and charging boats will go down with both 357 and 44 mag rounds with ease

Attached: 25895DA6-FDE1-461F-B6AB-6D5892A63550.jpg (300x300, 20K)

>t. stupid poorfag virgin that doesn't own a GT3 or F40 with a gated shifter

Faggot

Gotta watch out for those charging boats

Meant boars

>A Remington 1858 chambered in 44 magnum with a swing open cylinder

Attached: 1545686363583.png (544x544, 323K)

>Is it weird that I shoot better with a revolver than a semiauto?

No it's fairly normal and to be expected shooting revolvers forces you to slow down and relearn/practice basic pistol marksmanship more than semi-autos do.

For example I shoot better groups at 25 yards with my sa/da Smith and Wesson model 10 than I do with either my sig P228 of Glock gen 4

Well said.

My grandpa was almost run over by boat when he was bass fishing without his .44 mag he would have drowned.

How would you like my k frame baby gorilla hands in your mag well, punk?

you are my hero

B I G I R O N

Attached: 045B4720-3E38-41C3-936F-1E4B5D8243AA.png (960x954, 905K)

Attached: 1515137170202.png (436x361, 177K)

>What's the point of revolvers still existing other than for long-ass cartridges that are too long to cycle in an action?

>What's the point of revolvers still existing other than for this very valid reason

yeehaw factor

Attached: 38053475_242546519898834_5465580543993184256_n.jpg (373x280, 26K)

Attached: World's Biggest Dick.jpg (562x800, 99K)

Attached: 1545656181020.jpg (336x518, 45K)

Anime is so fucking gross, nigger.

Attached: 20custardgeese.png (600x442, 532K)

What's the point of OP existing other than for long-ass BBC that are too long to take in his mom

Attached: 1521124231876.jpg (1000x559, 54K)

1k+ ft-lbs at the muzzle.

To give stupid cunts like you something else to whine about

OP is a fucking pussy... probably can't handle the recoil

I shoot my revolver a lot better than my autos for whatever reason I also think its more fun to shoot.

more reasons are they're pretty retard proof in that its impossible to get cycling failures and you dont have the issue of the chambered round and rounds in the magazine, a simple concept which is for some reason impossible to understand for retarded normalfags.

>that trigger discipline
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE