My grandma bought me this 88mm flak shell for christmas

should i take like 500 7.62x39 rounds, crack them open for powder, melt the bullets down, and cast a new one? it's got the primer removed from it but i could probably make a new one with all the primers from the 7.62.

Attached: 20181224_160630.jpg (679x911, 49K)

do it faggot

Yes, what will you make the barrel out of?

Attached: sfghmsfghsdhg.png (800x533, 566K)

idk, torn between like l a y e r s of wet paper (stronger than you may think) or just some steel pipe.

im already starting to crack open these cartridges, i'm having a problem tho. these norchinko surplus primers are weird and have 3 holes in em, not sure how i'm gonna pop them out. I'm thinking something like filling them with water and using a snug piece of steel and pushing them out with a press.

Attached: 20181220_151044.jpg (1213x910, 89K)

Put me in the screen cap

Attached: 24312444_10210097817953879_7405960234064771898_n.jpg (348x348, 11K)

Make a really fuckin big sks that shoots one round of it

Post the bottom of the shell, if the primer hole is big enough you could probably just shove a 22 or something similar into the gap

+1

His rectum

garand chambered in 88mm

Attached: Zjtz6kC[1].jpg (669x535, 74K)

Are you serious? Don't breakdown good ammunition for this. If you really want to do this, go buy the cheapest rifle powder you can find. Probably still cost $100+ to fill that case. Then you still need a projectile, a primer and something to shoot it out of.

user, this is gonna be the last thing he ever does. Let him have some fun.

far bigger than a .22, if i had a .50 BMG maybe...

Attached: 20181224_163706.jpg (679x911, 49K)

>Norinco
>Good

Get some vinegar and soak it in that to get the rust off

I'm a fucking leaf I literally can't buy any other kind of ammo, it's federally mandated.

Duct tape and a cut off 7.62?

could work... will keep that in mind.

Seat a brass ring in the primer pocket then seat a 209 shotgun primer or a #35 .50 BMG primer in the brass ring.

I literally have 3 crates of this stuff, I'm losing maybe $50 and a couple fingers to do this.

Attached: 1507511861315.jpg (374x503, 45K)

do you think just the brass of a shotgun shell would work? I could crimp it down a bit if needed but I don't have any shells, would have to go and buy some or swipe a spent one from the range and just reload a new primer in it

Then go drop $10 on a kinetic bullet puller. Won't damage the bullets and a lot easier than pulling bullets with a pair of pliers.

Attached: lasereyesatf.png (225x199, 81K)

jokes on you ATF i'm a leaf, unless you got a rake that can reach across the border you're not shooting my dogs

>should i take like 500 7.62x39 rounds, crack them open for powder, melt the bullets down, and cast a new one? it's got the primer removed from it but i could probably make a new one with all the primers from the 7.62.
Absolutely yes you should. Post the results here.

No, you have the RCMP for this.

Are we .22 Eargesploden Uberloudenboomer now?

Possibly. Will probably blow out when you set off a several pound powder charge though. Use a small amount of pistol powder on top of the primer to help set off the slower burning and massive rifle powder charge. Used to be called a duplex charge back in the day.

they're too busy dealing with the mayhem of this big storm that rolled through last week, they won't know until it's too late for them

if i were to go down that route, i'd probably be caking the thing in epoxy and gorilla glue. the pistol powder thing is a good idea though, i'll be sure to do that.

what's the difference between pistol powder and rifle powder?

How fast one burns. Pistols are faster typically than rifles.

>A
>FUCKING
>LEAF

Attached: 1530471662572.gif (500x281, 509K)

Pistol powders generally burn much faster and easily than rifle powders. Duplex loads, where a small amount of pistol powder was used to help ignite huge rifle powder charges, have fallen out of favor today but was pretty popular back when big belted magnums were first coming out on the market.

>user hand loads an 88flak shell
>Jow Forums
>putting the magic into christmas
Stay excellent you glorious faggots.
This will make my day if you do it right, OP.

Attached: 1544473133753.png (1024x543, 647K)

Monitoring this thread for progress

Any progress op? How are you coming along?

update:

turns out i did actually have a couple shells laying around (dunno why, i dont even own a shotgun), chopped one apart and fitted the brass in the pocket with some 2 part epoxy, gonna go around the edges with gorilla glue once it's set (about 15-20 minutes the package said). I'm around 100 rounds deep into disassembly and i've got just under 1 cup of powder, might need to just go buy some from cabelas for something.

Attached: 48429903_1882758231773958_7709454360605884416_n.png (592x800, 455K)

Attached: ADE56FB4-834A-4A5A-8145-6D1D90AA9776.jpg (800x800, 32K)

Whelp,I am pretty sure if you use some industrial piping that is for sewer lines it could whithstand the force and allow the shell to actually shoot without killing you and go some distance. Making the breach would be the tough part as you will have to make it out of some thick steel. Try to look up how much the standard 88 round had in terms of powder load.

How do you plan on setting that off? A hammer and a nail in the back of your paper mache cannon?

This or kys repeatedly.

what kind of velocity would you expect from an 88mm necked down to a .22

Soooooo, what's gonna be the "bullet"?

Will do, I live pretty far out from other people so I wont be endangering anyone but myself (or the poor old man who's car gets absolutely flattened. I'll set it off on new years if I successfully load it so nobody will be any the wiser.

that's the part that scares the shit outta me because there's nothing worse than undetonated ordinance that was supposed to explode, and i can't exactly double prime this. Maybe some kind of spring loaded thing with a pin with some cord tied to it that i can pull out from a distance.

strongly considering it

OP you are not a faggot today. Please stand far away when you blow up Chad's house though so you don't die.

mfw clicking on this thread and reading further. OP better fucking deliver it will be glorious if he delivers. include me in the screen cap pls.

Attached: 1491118977847.jpg (733x798, 263K)

Eargensplitten Loudenboomer 2: Thermoelectric Boogaloo

Going to melt down the lead and copper jackets from these 7.62 and cast a new projectile.

Maybe custom fab one up? I'd take a .50 BMG cartridge and maybe make a wooden circle with a hole drilled in the middle to fill in the space. It could also probably be accomplished with a blank or crimped round wrapped in something to increase the diameter.

If you're really desperate you can drill a hole through the shotgun primer and stick a cannon fuse in if you dont want to build a breach.

Just keep in mind you may end up having the primer do something fucky especially with some nigger rigged firing pin, it'd be like a pierced primer in a Nugget but 100x worse.

Considering that as well, may try that if I cant build some kind of remote firing mechanism that I'm confident will work.

Yeah, like the user a few posts up said I may just forgo the primer altogether and use a fuse

That is not a bad idea and it'd let you get real far away before the magic happens

A mouse trap could work.

Attached: nnzkc64pxft11.jpg (768x768, 253K)

a rat/large rodent snap trap maybe, wouldn't trust a mouse trap to even kill a mouse.

This is retarded. You're going to feel retarded after destroying hundreds of rounds instead of buying powder then realizing making a barrel to fire this round is way too costly and a pain in the ass. You'll forget this thread and so will everyone else but only after you're down hundred or so rounds and many hours.

Attached: 1544497855154.jpg (1024x574, 59K)

Put me in the screen cap but like save it for ww3

I'm done with taking apart the rounds, i'm gonna go to cabelas on boxing day (shit's closed tomorrow) and buy some powder, as for lead and copper to melt down for the projectile... unknown. I could make a really short projectile with what i've got now (about 200 disassembled rounds). I'll look up what the cases are made out of and I might melt them down too which would really add a lot of volume to it.

you can melt the bullets in a cast iron pot and pour it into a mold if you can figure out how to make one

new plan for the projectile, Lowes sells lead ingots for plumbing and shit, as well as copper tubes/pipes.

I'll head down on boxing day and pick some up, save me the time and effort of dismantling cartridges.

DO NOT USE COPPER FOR THE BARREL

copper is soft as fuck and will catastrophically deform under such pressures

oh god no, the copper isn't for the barrel, it's for a copper jacket

If you're low on powder and time you can probably fill the top necked portion of the shell with some lead. use sand to block off the bottom portion so it doesn't flow into it. then tap it out from the primer with a rod or something. Just an idea so don't take it to the bank. Getting a conical round will probably be pretty difficult unless you have the stuff and know how for casting.

Put it in your ass

Attached: eww.jpg (360x360, 55K)

i planned on making a mold from non polymer clay based on dimensions of the actual round, it wouldn't be perfect but it would be a decent copy

>not turning it into an 88mm fleshlight
i shiggy diggy

... well now my idea just seems stupid

>double dubs

Attached: chekkked.png (500x400, 341K)

bump

Please don't get v& before you complete this you glorious soul. Take a video of you blowing up Stacey's house

You're going to blow your shell up.
You don't know what powder to use, how much powder to use, and something to shoot it out of that can withstand that chamber pressure?

Don't fucking discourage him, he can do what he wants!

Attached: Delet this yankee.jpg (700x508, 76K)

Merry fucking Christmas you absolute madman

that's a big shell

In awe at the balls of this lad

Attached: donladboner.jpg (200x200, 12K)

Please don't let us down user !

You could buy the individual component material separate cheaper and less labor intensive. You would probably have to cast the shell anyway, but why would you buy the cartridges to then have to dismantle them?

user this would be the greatest Christmas present I've ever received

Put me in the screencap please this is the best thread I’ve seen for a really long time

Attached: 8091D2F0-5A0B-4758-8F11-649A4288CAF7.jpg (645x773, 110K)

posting in ebin bread

Attached: 1543420700275.jpg (1930x1447, 1020K)

for you

THis is a good bread i needed this

You’ll literally need about 2000 7.62x54R to put that thing to proper charge. Also that size range usually has much larger propellant grains, so I’d be careful about that.

P i n g

So THIS is why Jow Forums is called 'A Magical Place'

You know what that projectile is going to weigh? Do you have a furnace/crucible/mold?

>almost 2019
>people still think this is clever or funny

[b i g p i n g i n t e n s i f i e s]

omg OP please deliver. monitoring this thread.

This oughta be good

Attached: meguminexplosion..png (791x1065, 1.75M)

Please fucking document everything and video the detonation. Livestream that shit even, watching this is how I want to spend new years eve.

Attached: COVER_IMAGE994196936.jpg (1600x1200, 946K)

Godspeed soldier. Make us proud.

Attached: 43286565_10215157934495188_8796878679100620800_n.jpg (960x952, 71K)

Please omit everyone who asks to be in the screencap from the screencap.

You won't have a rifled barrel, so you should probably make a big-ass slug. Or fill it with slugs from regular 12Ga shells.

Jesus christ its happening isnt it?
Fucking record that shit

lets take this seriously and help OP make this happen! What do you need from us? OP discord and livestream! I'm counting down till Newyearseve!

Attached: 3717971-20130113-122240.jpg (2048x1536, 249K)

o h s h i t n i g g e r h e b o u t t a d o i t

Attached: E37818B5-F911-43D1-903A-C445D4AFB831.jpg (464x544, 57K)