First Gun decision

Alright boys, getting my first AR and first gun at that soon. Redpill me on my top two choices

Attached: arcap.png (1577x531, 138K)

Other urls found in this thread:

grabagun.com/colt-firearms-trooper-m4-carb-5-56mm-16.html
grabagun.com/colt-m4-carbine-socom-5-56mm-16.html
grabagun.com/fn-fn15-tac-carbine-ii-556-30rd-16.html
grabagun.com/ruger-ar-556-mpr-5-56mm-blk-18-30rd.html
armslist.com/classifieds/search?location=illinois&category=rifles&posttype=3&sellertype=1&search=&startprice=&endprice=¤cy=USD&tag=223-wylde&tag=223-556-nato
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: arcap2.png (1569x489, 75K)

>redpill
What a gay. Go with the sport.

If you do any hiking or are actually gonna use the rifle in the field, that stock is a terrible choice. Fucking hooks onto everything, I immediately sold mine. Probably a decent rifle all around tho, why not build your own?

the only redpilled answer is to build your own from a PSA parts kit so that you will be intimately familiar with the rifle and will be able to fix anthing that ever breaks.

after that, buy gucci.

Honestly that's way too much money.
You could get a Ruger MPR for around $550 if you're smart.

the second one

Yeah. I hear the MPR is GTG. Returns with ruger are Ezpz too. This is all second hand knowledge. But my bro has an MPR for a good 4 years now and has literally never cleaned it. I cringe, but it still SOMEHOW works.

>shubmaster
>dickmod
>railed gas block
>fagpul
grabagun.com/colt-firearms-trooper-m4-carb-5-56mm-16.html
grabagun.com/colt-m4-carbine-socom-5-56mm-16.html
grabagun.com/fn-fn15-tac-carbine-ii-556-30rd-16.html
At the very least get the FSB version of M&P Sport 2.

I'll just be using it at the range mostly, and I don't know enough to build my own yet

>Colt
>$1400 Colt
>$1400 FN
SHUT THE FUCK UP FUDD

So learn, faggot.

>I don't know enough to build my own yet.

I was like you, op except I initially bought a complete upper and lower. Then I built an AR pistol completely and loved it. It's not as hard as you think. Just watch a yt vid. It's potentially cheaper, fun and you'll learn a shitton more about the parts. Plus you can confidently buy a part like a match grade trigger or tacticool charging handle and swap it out easily.The only kinda shitty part was installing pivot pins until I got a clevis clip to help.

But yeah it's fun so definitely try it eventually.

Attached: 1501977388914.jpg (1280x824, 241K)

I'm trying to stay below $600

MPR is perfect for you to be honest. Gonna have to buy ammo and stuff but its a solid platform and you can truly build off of it with optics, mags, stock and really anything. But the OEM stuff is Solid and its not like you'll have to upgrade it ANY time soon.

M&P Sport 2 then, but with regular A2 FSB because the railed gas block is ugly.
or this
grabagun.com/ruger-ar-556-mpr-5-56mm-blk-18-30rd.html
Ruger seems like a good deals, except it's 18". A bit long imo. But you get FF rail and chome lined barrel.

Are there any big advantages it has over the smith and western sport 2?

sorry it's not a chrome lined barrel. It's nitrided, but should be better for sporting use and accuracy. The muzzle brake might be loud though. Rifle-length gas is good for 18".
Don't listen to the PSA special guys, PSA has really spotty finishes.

What state are you in, OP? Because depending on where you are, you should really consider getting a second hand gun on armslist. You read some really funny shit on there: my most recent purchase was a ruger SR762 that was described as (bought this rifle and a few months later wife saw the credit card charges and freaked the fuck out, I need this gone right the fuck now, have only taken it to the range once, 60 rounds through it). Sure enough when I got home and examined it it was in pristine condition, looked almost brand new, he cleaned it well after his only range trip.
My last few purchases have been from what I like to call "armslist cucks": guys who buy shit then realize their wives are pissed and need to sell them at a much lower cost.
If you're worried about safety/getting scammed just make sure you're meeting in a good spot (gun store parking lot is my favorite), you do everything by the book, and you feel comfortable about the deal. I have actually never once had a bad interaction of armslist.

Attached: 1541036459412.jpg (1024x694, 215K)

MP SPORT 2
Pro
>$100 cheaper
Con
>Carbine gas on 16" barrel
>govn't profile barrel
>non-freefloated barrel
>cheap basic m4 furniture

Ruger MPR
Pro
>18" barrel with rifle length gas
>freefloat rail
>decent fagpul furniture
Cons
>loud ass brake
>18" barrel
>no iron sights
>$100 more

If I must stay under $600, I might choose the ruger.

TROY
R
O
Y

>buy complete upper
>buy BCG and CH if upper isnt packaged with one
>buy complete lower
>stick together in 2 minutes using YouTube video
It is literally no different then reassembling a field stripped rifle. If you cant do it, you are not knowledgeable enough to operate the weapon.

Just buy a birch basic lower, upper, BCG and CH from PSA. If you want opinions on what config you want your upper ask here or on QTDDTOT, avoid /arg/.

It's his very first gun, not just his first AR. If he just wants the complete rifle he can get a warranty, and after he gets used to it and learns more about the rifle he can upgrade parts himself too.

My first gun was an SKS but I got a M&P15 shortly after. The M&P15 was a nice rifle, but I ended up liking my SKS more and eventually moved on to an AK.

You -could- build an AR, but I'd honestly just get the already made M&P15 as your taste may change/you may learn something about yourself as a shooter that you didn't know when you bought the rifle. A first rifle should always be as basic and cheap (but reliable) as possible so you can find out what you really like and not break the bank doing so.

Illinois, and I'm under 21

Thanks, I would really prefer the 16" barrel but I guess the cons outweigh the pros with the MP

OP i actually own the bloody damn thing, and for a first AR its purdy nice
Its light as fuck, 6lbs unloaded, and the stock is isn't exactly comfy, but it gives a good cheek weld and feels good on the shoulder.
It shoots, its usually a little more expensive, but id take it over the Sport

Lmao dude i'm from Illinois too. Assuming you do have your FOID card, I was saying, all my armslist deals have gone smooth as silk and I've saved a shit load of money doing them. You have to be 21 and over to purchase handguns but in Illinois all you have to do is be over 18 for long guns.
Just keep in mind that in a week, all firearms have a 72 hour waiting period, not just pistols, so after you agree to a sale you need to wait 72 hours before you can pick it up.
If you're interested in Armslist here's the search querey for Illinois: i've included both 5.56 and .223 wilde, just scroll until you see something that's in your price range. Just keep in mind that it's the seller's job to convince you to buy their gun, not your job to convince them. If they don't want to send you more pictures/are being shady just forget them. Again keep in mind that you should always do deals in a gun store parking lot; I did a deal in a Mcdonalds parking lot and I felt weird as fuck.

Attached: 1523498307037.png (730x628, 160K)

Here's the link, my bad.
armslist.com/classifieds/search?location=illinois&category=rifles&posttype=3&sellertype=1&search=&startprice=&endprice=¤cy=USD&tag=223-wylde&tag=223-556-nato