Hey there Jow Forumsillers my buddy just finished building his AR-15 and I wanna do the same...

Hey there Jow Forumsillers my buddy just finished building his AR-15 and I wanna do the same. But I have no idea where to start and I'm really jealous of his. Can I get some tips and some good websites to go to, tools, etc. Pic related.

Attached: received_362386287843810.jpg (1536x2048, 319K)

Can I get a peek at those sexy ass oil filter pliers?

Not my shit. It's the pic my buddy sent me when showing his off. He's got more though if you wanna see better pics of the upper and lower receiver, barrel, and what not.

I just bought a spare AR. PSA complete freedom 16 upper for 199 and a complete freedom lower for 129. With free shipping and 15 dollar FFL transfer it ends up being a complete carbine for under 350. You should start there and spend the rest on a good optic, rear back up iron, and ammo. Your taste will change after you start shooting and you can eventually build exactly what you want.

If you’re going to build it from the ground up and spend all the money on armorers tools at least go with an Aero M4 enhanced lower and upper as a budget build. It’s not much more expensive than a PSA build if you’re doing it yourself and the quality is much better.

Really the most important thing is getting good at shooting your rifle not building something Gucci to start out with. Your friend will be jealous of skills he can’t buy when you’re running circles around him at the range.

>I'm really jealous of his
No offense but why?

The grip is good, the rest is shit. Should figure a muhreen would have bad taste

We're both good shots. If I can be accurate with a shitty military grade m-16 with a failing off sight RCO. I think I'll be fine in a 100ft range with an AR-15 I've built myself.

Agreed. It doesn’t make sense. A rifle length upper with nothing but an eokek, handstop, and keymod rail. If it had a fixed or variable scope on it then I could understand the build but right now it looks like he ran out of money, common sense, or both.

Then why the fuck are you asking me what to build if you’re mister hot shot? You should already know what you need.

I can point and aim. Anybody can do that. I don't know where to search and what tools I need. I'm a dumbass I just happen to be a dumbass that's a good shot.

Quite the ego you’ve got there buddy. Sounds like you need a PSA to bring you back down to earth.

All you need to kys is a cheap shotgun

Because I don't have one at all. I have 30-30 lever action, but I want something semiautomatic. A little more fun at the range.

Attached: received_325683457979815.jpg (990x1920, 177K)

Thanks for the advice I'll check it out.

Just be honest, your buddy invested a bunch of money in a Gucci rifle he will never shoot so now you’ve gotta one up him with something more Gucci that you’ll never shoot. Oh well, at least you’re keeping the industry alive.

Just buy a factory rifle. State your budget.

1) pick up Anderson/spikes/whatever aluminum lower your lgs has in stock
2) buy a rifle kit from PSA
3) find a friend with a vice block and a takedown pin tool
Enjoy your new rifle. Midway USA has a pretty good video on how to assemble a rifle. Buy a milsurp carry handle and git gud with irons.

>Gucci rifle
No WML, no irons, eotech, and dickmod does not add up to "gucci". The rifle is a 3/10 at best

Why do people act like you can't shoot guns if you spend more than 200$ on them?

get a PSA carbine kit while they are still on sale. watch YouTube videos. literally just search for AR15 assembly videos and how to diagnose malfunctions in an AR 15. I like the videos from Midway.

So not gonna lie. I'm gonna sound like a snowflake. But I want a rifle that's kinda unique with some individuality. Sounds retarded I know but that's just I want. I enjoy putting stuff together so I thought I'd try my hand with an AR-15 and if I'm good enough with it. It might turn into a bigger hobby than just gun collecting but gun building. Give me something to do besides waste away. Bring spice back into my life.

literally two people itt have given you the answer you need. google PSA kits and assembly videos on (((youtube)))

I am. I was looking over some of the prices

Why does he have a gun and a yellow vest? Are you from paris?

You consider the build in OP gucci? It's turbo basic bitch.

Nah. He lives in Florida and I'm in Va

Holy shit... you actually are stupid.

Make a .308.

Attached: MATEN.jpg (3264x2448, 1.74M)

Is this some weird bizarro world where holding a completely common opinion is being unique?

I think those tube handguards look dumb

It's carbon fiber.

Attached: guns.jpg (3264x2448, 1.42M)

At least I'll admit it. I'm a self aware retard.

carbon fiber doesn't equal good

Plus that is basic bitch carbon fiber. There is way better options now.

Ok cool but it still looks dumb. When people are holding them it looks like they're stroking a big ol black donger

This. The Jow Forums mentality of only the poor being good at shooting is laughable. Especially when you consider that peasantoids can't even afford lots of ammo.

That's why you get a compensator. If they have stuff on the range tables it blows it off. Then the noise of a compensated basically a deer rifle makes them leave.

Attached: MATEN2.webm (1920x1080, 2.99M)

What the fuck does that even mean? Please for the love of god take a refresher course on sentence structure.

No but it’s a bcm, so it’s nearing Gucci level if you’re talking about the difference between a budget AR. I’m sure he has over a grand into it.

You've never been to a rifle range when some shoots a compensated .308? Why even live

Attached: DSCF8688.jpg (2048x1536, 795K)

What does the compensator have to do with your poor choice in handguard?

It’s not about being poor, it’s about being conservative and learning the fundamentals. An AR-15 is an AR-15 for the most part until you’re at a level where you can outshoot a standard milspec. It’s the same reason I wouldn’t advise someone to go out and buy an agency arms Glock before they’ve had a ton of trigger time behind a stock Glock. You’re going to be compensating for your lack of skill instead of learning how to run the rifle really well. Even if you had trigger time behind the rifle in the military chances are you weren’t doing hours and hours of drills unless you were special operations. There are probably very few people on this board that can out shoot a stock Glock 19 or stock mil spec ar-15. If you learn as much as you can on the stock platform, you’ll have a better idea of what you actually want out of your firearm vs continuously buying and swapping parts because it’s not shooting the way you though it would or regretting buying shit you don’t want or need in the end.

That’s my school of thought. Do whatever you want.