Is PTR shit tier?

I can't decide whether or not to get a PTR or Zenith mp5 clone. What are your experiences with them? Also roller-lock appreciation thread. Pot your HK clones or originals and make me jealous.

Attached: Screenshot_20181224-191914.png (1781x2048, 2.1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone-talk/480398-ptr-9ct-why-s-different-probably-few-thoughts.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

PTR is great tier, but they can suck my dick until they come out with a $1,200 GI model without those stupid fucking “modern features.”

Literally nothing wrong but aesthetic. You can change that with a HK foregrip but good parts are a pain to find.

Attached: 01D31614-C18E-4F3D-86A2-034929601D99.jpg (1024x576, 46K)

Zenith. PTR makes dogshit for dogshit gay retard poorfag niggers.

I figured it's probably bretty hard to fuck up a roller lock, but I heard to stay away from century arms like the plague with their roller locks, granted most of century's other manufactured weapons are garbage

The Zenith is only a couple hundred more dollars, they are in the same price range. Price isn't a big issue between them....

In all seriousness; How is the PTR 91 in terms of reliability? I've seen a couple of videos on YouTube showing the PTR 91 having cycling issues.

PTR is good, especially with zenith imports being scarce. Like the other guy, I really want a GI model without the bells and whistles.

Attached: witcher rollers.jpg (2017x1135, 918K)

PTR is GTG, very well built and that brace is nice too if you get it from Atlantic

this thread has an interesting point about the welded rail.
hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone-talk/480398-ptr-9ct-why-s-different-probably-few-thoughts.html

PTR is pretty good. Far fewer quality problems than Century. I've been told they generally offer to fix issues free of charge, particularly if they're a result of factory mistakes or premature wear. The only reasonably priced models they have are the low-end 91 models. Their 9x19 and 7.62x39 roller guns are overpriced IMO, especially considering they were able to finish 5.56x45 parts kits they originally made for Century for >$600.

The rollers need a few rounds to "wear properly" (~100). I had a single failure-to-feed within the first few boxes of Hirtenberger surplus, but after that I've been shooting both Hirtenberger and Wolf continuously, and just had my last failure-to-feed at 5k rounds, probably due to insufficient lubrication and cold temperatures. Otherwise, roller guns will run pretty much anything you can find without having to reset gas settings. Action tends to kick out mud and fouling pretty well too, so as long as you're sure to lubricate with a light grease very occasionally, they shouldn't have problems. Over-lubrication just results in the excess lube being blown out of the action.

Do you mean greased with grease or an oil? And if you meant grease will industrial bearing grease work?

Found the turkroach

The high-pressure areas on the rollers and the grooves between the bolt head and locking piece prefer tend to push thin lubricants out, so a high-viscosity lubricant or oil is best. I say grease to emphasize the fact that it has to be sufficiently thick to stay put over hundreds of rounds between cleaning. You can use 5W30 synthetic oil in a pinch, or a viscous firearms-specific lubricant like EWL30.

I don't know enough to say whether there's a hidden issue with using synthetic motor oils in firearms, but I know several people who use 5W30 as their primary lubricant, although they'll stick to firearm-specific solvents for cleaning.

>PTR
>poorfag
You generally start at 1k for a ptr. Not absurd for a rifle but poorfags avoid such things.
I have a ptr32 with over 1k rounds of steel wolf and no malfunctions. Huge fun. Gets hot with the default handguard though

PTR is absolute shit tier.
A vocal shitposting minority of Jow Forums like them because they can larp as an HK fag.
Think of it like this, HK is trash tier, and PTRs are mudslime clones with 40 year old tooling, and employees assembling them are paid in opium.

The stuff you say is overpriced is all them. Not surplus.
the c93s pushed by ptr were mostly surplus and then double checked for quality by ptr. A lot less work went into them

PTR is good. They're very well made and look fantastic. I've had mine for a few months and it's assumed the spot of my favorite.

Mine had had a grand total of one failure in 3k rounds, and it was with dogshit reloads.

Attached: IMG_20180916_011401930~2.jpg (3208x2288, 1.03M)

That guy, and one of the comments regarding the relative simplicity of welding a rail vs. putting claw mark points that fit with everyone's various claw mounts from whatever bumfuck manufacturer and the ensuing problems it presents to the consumer makes a lot of sense. I'll just say that when I bought my PTR I went for the Atlantic Arms A3R with the HK rip off finish and barrel profile but I bit the bullet and decided the welded rail wasn't a deal breaker and ultimately I'm glad that I got over my apprehension with not having a perfect G3 clone but rather an excellent representation of the roller lock rifle platform.

Attached: 14563529865798764.jpg (3264x2448, 1.44M)

>paying over $500 for a paki mudhut made firearm
You HK dick sucks are deluded.

>a measly $1k
>not poorfag tier

lmfao

Attached: 1490134643269.png (657x527, 24K)

>PTRs are mudslime clones with 40 year old tooling
You're thinking Zenith. PTR is us based

PTR is American made, bud

Yeah, the 7.62x39mm and 9x19mm rifles have the cost of R&D and tooling included. The C-93's they built were cheaper because they were basically assembling Century imported parts kits using the know how and tools they already had for other guns. If they eventually roll out a 5.56x45mm rifle than you can damn well expect it to cost more, and people will bitch about it because while they might have an exceptional understanding of guns, they only have a shallow understanding of how guns are manufactured and what it costs to get from drawings to store shelves.

Enjoy your (((scorpion)))

PTR is American made, bud

ITT: turkroach enablers and poorfags screech

I think it's a pretty safe assumption that when $600 CETME builds from Century are on the market while PTR's run closer to $1k that the Century CETME is the poorfag's rifle of choice in roller lock guns. Unless you know of a cheaper roller lock available? No shit, I even see the Vulcan/Hesse stamp-free destructive devices going for more than the Century's. Are you a Special Weapons fan boy per chance? Can you give me advice on what kind of plates I need in order to resist multiple .338 Lapua strikes while my wife deploys her NEF? If it helps, I have a Glock 23 with a Bar Sto barrel in order to lay down covering fire.

Kill yourself nigger

*claw mount points

What's a good alternative to PTR then? Isn't it super hard to get an actual HK?

>calling other people niggers when you're a dirt-poor virgin faggot

lmfao

Attached: christine.jpg (480x360, 21K)

There really isn't besides actual HK. Omega is shady and spotty QC, Dakota is stubbornly stuck at like 4k a unit which is retarded even to richfags, Zenith is turkshit which is a deal breaker to some, and other specialized builders have their own issues. PTR is the most reasonable.

That guy could kick your ass.

Your dad licked my ass, dirt poor nigger

Post sexi roller-locks to motivate me to purchase one

Thats fucking transphobic

Attached: outdoorhub-century-arms-c93-rifle-2015-06-10_16-40-15.jpg (900x600, 224K)

Attached: 600acb80-d231-41ed-b19d-b8563365bd0f_zpsgogjxlic.jpg (1024x668, 525K)

Just got it today, is it cute uguu?

Attached: 20181224_215528.jpg (4032x1164, 1.64M)

>Otherwise, roller guns will run pretty much anything you can find without having to reset gas settings.
>roller delayed blowback
>gas settings
user did you just have a brain fart or something?

Attached: 6DC74498-A504-4C8D-A7E4-0BAAE4E76CB4.jpg (894x894, 95K)

PTR’s tooling is from Portugal. Salazar did nothing wrong and you basically are retarded

That's the point, ya dingus.

>roller-lock
Here you go.

Attached: witcher MG3.jpg (2390x1345, 965K)

No, but you did shit for brains.

He said without having to reset gas settings, IE its not needed, and you fucking cant. It was a reference to a FAL.

>Salazar did nothing wrong
except to be a manlet