Handgun General - /hg/ - #233

New brightness edition.

Pastebin:
>pastebin.com/gs6mLNik

Guide:
>scribd.com/document/382993265/gitgud-1-rev2-1

Last Thread

Attached: pl2board.jpg (2000x1333, 925K)

Other urls found in this thread:

armslist.com/posts/9279301/milwaukee-wisconsin-handguns-for-sale--wwii-russian-tt-33-tokarev---sold-
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why surplus pistols gotta be so much MONEY

Attached: Two handguns.jpg (2390x1536, 1.38M)

Attached: 1490670495050.png (171x158, 3K)

>surplus
>expensive
Wut? What kind are you getting that would be considered expensive?

Surplus is like the cheapest shit ever, what you talkjig abut?

Attached: cheapies.jpg (2000x1333, 836K)

I'm a noguns faggot

Russian Toks and Maks cost way more than I'd be willing to pay for them at this point

Attached: 2018-10-29_18.43.57.jpg (3208x1560, 1.95M)

Wow that sucks. Why don't you buy one? Is it a different reason than the person you're copying or the same?

They still aren't expensive

Tell me the secret of being hasguns.

>over 1k for a russian tok that hasn't been molested
Burt are you on the smonk again

Attached: hip.jpg (1814x2419, 919K)

armslist.com/posts/9279301/milwaukee-wisconsin-handguns-for-sale--wwii-russian-tt-33-tokarev---sold-
>sold
It exists.

1: Go to store
3: Buy gun

850 isn't much better burtatoboi
The point is for the cost of a memearov is too gotdamn high now and I'm ANGRY

Attached: 1535813718917.jpg (222x194, 47K)

How do you do that?

Attached: rVVFWyTINqG7C.gif (480x260, 1.28M)

Well then buy a romanian and bulgarian ones to sate your lust

Nigga you stale af

Attached: holo.jpg (1400x933, 216K)

But those aren't RUSSIAN Burt are you even LISTENING to me rn?

Attached: 1544658145919.jpg (640x633, 65K)

>limited supply
>most originals have been molested either by importers, bubbas
>most of the rest were poorly refinished by arsenals
Gee I dunno, why does anything with a dwindling and static supply grow in price over time?

What's the second step?

Daddy Burt, its burning me up. Tell me, what is it like to be hasguns?

Thinking about trading a ak for a new handgun.
I want a 45 acp since I sold all the ones I had over the years.
Torn between fnx 45 or a hk 45c or usp compact.

I've noticed the 45c has went down in price. I think it's because the rail is shit and only 3 lights fit it making holster selection lame.

FNX45T is better than the 45C

Attached: hk carry day.jpg (1956x2048, 461K)

>FNX
>squishy squish

I'll probably use it for innawoods but also wouldn't mind conceal carrying it. My things up since I've packed a g26 for the last 8 years daily.

How does the fnx feel and do you think a good aiwb holster could keep it contained? I used to strong side cc a usp 45 full size, but I don't want to switch from aiwb back to XXL t shirts from strong side printing. lol

Just keep looking for a Tanfo
You wont regret it

Still cant decide what reflex optic I want for my G17MOS...do you like your holosun? I was going to order vortex venom because I'm cheap, but I still want to think about it.

Fuckin love mine, super easy to convert to superior decocker only for the true DASA experience as well
You'd have to be a pretty big guy to CC it tho, it's a double stack 45 after all

I really like my Deltapoint Pro, probably gonna spring for an ACRO when they come out tho assuming it'll fit my gun

Attached: pistol reload.webm (1920x1080, 2.43M)

Why don’t you just get a makarov?

Fix your tranny, nigger

600+ for a Russian, yeet

Bought a new car instead

Attached: FiveseveN wheelyboi.jpg (3024x4032, 2.51M)

I flippin love it. I got rid of an RMR for a 507. It's everything the RM06 Type 2 should have been, but without the warranty. Deltapoints are also quite good, with even clearer lenses than either the 507 or RMR: And the Deltapoint also has some automation.

azn to the core

Attached: 507.jpg (2000x1333, 449K)

It's a good car Burt

Attached: front.jpg (2419x1814, 1.31M)

Attached: 1378373934685.gif (250x188, 554K)

What brand is that car?

nissan

R32 Skyline GTS-T

64k miles, all OEM, I'd take you for a ride if you could fit in it

Attached: shotgun 180.jpg (3024x4032, 663K)

I think I'll go for it. I've concealed a g 17 aiwb before so should just be thicker. May make my pecker look bigger with more stopping power.

Even if you don't it's just an awesome handgun that's great to shoot

Attached: Gangstalicious.webm (1280x720, 1.58M)

Nice gun nice car

I own a 17, 19 and 26, all gen 4. Can I replace the sights all with the same tool? What tools should I own? Recommendations for a good holster that fits all 3? I have one I like but the plastic hook has a hairline crack and I'm not sure where to find another

Yes.

Glocc sights are difficult to change with a hammer and punch, and given you're thinking about replacing multiple guns you should spring for a sight tool. There are some pretty good ones for around $60 like pic related which have 30 degree and 90 degree pushers for different sights. The 30 degree will work with all glocc sights.

Read the instructions, several times, watch videos, GO SLOW and protect your finish with strips of paper or credit cards or cut up blister pack.

Attached: push it.jpg (1600x2400, 756K)

What glock mags are best glock mags? Anyone have experience with polymer80?

Thanks, much appreciated, the tool will pay for itself versus install at that price, and I've got a few friends who would probably buy me some beer after borrowing the tool. So, 30° for glock specifically but what sights commonly use 90°? I have a small (to me lol) collection of handguns and the glocks are generally my go-tos, but I might find myself upgrading my other pistols, especially when a deal on nice sights comes up

glock factory is best by far
Magpul is probably second best at a slightly higher risk of broken feed lips
ETS and korean glock pattern are worst (not shit, but let's say least best), highest likelihood of breakage or jamming

I'd say about half of the rear sights I've seen have a 90 degree sides or only a very shallow angle like 80 deg (CZ does this), glock and HK are some of the few that use inclined ~30 degrees. By the way you can use any shape sight pusher on any shape sight, it just increases the risk of abrasion damage to the slide or sight, or slight deformation of the dovetail as the sight tries to find it's way in. Usually the latter isn't an issue because the sight will fit halfway or a third into the slide before you encounter any pressure, and the former can be avoided by using thick pieces of leather or plastic between the pusher and the sight and between the clamp and slide to avoid marring or scraping.

Front sights almost always use a 90 degree pusher and come with their own dangers. Namely, snapping the vertical blade off of the dovetailed portion because of the relatively thin connective material there. Some sight pushers have tall, narrow blocks to push the front sight in by the dovetail rather than by the sight blade.

There are always ways to fuck things up by being careless or rushed so whichever pusher you get or whichever method you use, study up and go SLOW.

Attached: grippos.jpg (2400x1600, 922K)

Hey op. How is the rex zero? It looks sexy.

Attached: 2018122395221133.jpg (1440x1920, 166K)

Bought a couple ProMag 32 Rd mags for my G17 because discount $15 each as a gag, was that a mistake?

Oh no... At least it was only $30. Magpuls cost about $15 each and they're quite good.

It's probably a mistake... Promag is pretty notoriously unreliable in virtually every gun. It's kind of amazing they're still in business given the poor reputation they have... I say as I'm eating McDolan's...

Oops, forgot I'm OP.

It's pretty great actually. Quality is excellent, shootability is excellent, reliability today with ~300 rounds suppressed was flawless. The trigger isn't as good as a Sig P226 with SRT but it's pretty dang good. The grip however is YUGE. It's like Deagle brand Deagle big, which is kind of mindbending because from the side it's exactly the same shape as a P226 which feels excellent in the hand. But the Zero's grip is fat and not tapered at the rear which the P226 is so the Zero feels very large. Also the P226 has a big edge in grippy texture and frontstrap serrations which are logically horizontal to prevent slippage from recoil, where the Rex is vertically serrated because????twisting???

Also what's strange is that the Rex factory clips (by MecGar) hold 17 rounds but the literally identical Sig clips (also by MecGar) hold 18 rounds wut.

Attached: sigs.jpg (2400x1600, 1.56M)

Also also, the P226 is one of the easiest guns I have to rack. The Rex is one of the most difficult I have. I cannot explain this beyond the hammer spring on the Rex being SIGNIFICANTLY heavier (and harder to manually cock) than the P226.

your cat looks like a supra

Thanks, will keep my eyes peeled for one

RIFLES > PISTOLS
CHANGE MY MIND

No this is objectively true for all open combat situations

Can you fit a rifle in your pocket?

Czechmate. :)

Attached: cz blue.jpg (2400x1600, 969K)

btfo

But Ivan, what if?

Yes

Attached: 1374117240743.gif (252x243, 1.76M)

1: That's not a pocket
2: That's not a rifle

2 - love

Attached: november keyboard.jpg (2500x1569, 1.56M)

I can fit one in my ass

What grips are those

what in the fuck is that thing on the left?

Attached: 1492031472424.jpg (480x480, 32K)

looks like a grand power

^ this

is that walther next to the escape key a 9mm?

nvm i see its 22

Absolute hidden gem. I'm glad I got mine before people realized this and they started going up in price.

Attached: k100.jpg (5184x3456, 3.21M)

merr crimmis

Attached: 20181225_083357.jpg (2016x1134, 1.12M)

Thinking about getting a fullsize USP in 9mm when I hit 21 in March. Is it worth getting the LEM and/or factory night sights? Plan on CC'ing it too. 6'0". I am not 100% dead-set on the USP since I still need to go feel up other guns.

Attached: hedidnothingwrong.png (311x314, 174K)

as soon as you get a compact you will learn that carrying a fullsize was a mistake so just go ahead and learn from us boomers and skip the full size for carry

Compact was my next choice. The USP Compacts are worth the money then, ja?

i recently bought this off my little bro for two fiddy

Attached: 20180616_144928_resized_1.jpg (2016x1512, 1.06M)

How are the TLR-7's? I know the controls are not the best and there is that flicking from shooting.

Also, for anyone considering the APLc, it's a sleek looking compact light with paddle controls. And there are plenty of people with no problems from theirs, but my first one had progressively bad parasitic drain issue. Inforce replaced it for me and the new one just drained after a month. Shit sucks cause I really wanted to love it. This is a known issue, btw.

Attached: hhu.jpg (1049x803, 696K)

Attached: 00018IMG_00018_BURST20181206111058_COVER.jpg (1613x1210, 1.77M)

>R51
Seriously?

Merry Christmas folks, thanks for all the great memories this year.

Attached: christmas pepe gondola wojak spurdo.gif (834x870, 327K)

Lok Grips, blue palm swell checkered CZ compact

Grand Power K100, great gun!

You right, it's a .22. The infamous breaky P22(Q). But the CCP is 9mm and looks and feels almost identical to the P22Q! Except it doesn't destroy itself.

Is that a chribmans gift? Nice!

LEM is a personal choice, you owe it to yourself to try LEM and V1 (DA/SA) before you buy a USP.

I prefer DA/SA to LEM.

It happened man! You can't ignore it!

Attached: papa mama babby.jpg (2400x1600, 1.29M)

Steel frame > alloy frame > literal dog shit > polymer frame

Prove me wrong.

You'll figure it out when you grow up and handle more firearms

>steel is too heavy for me

Lol, I've got steel, alloy, and polymer handguns, stop projecting

what the fuck is it

cz75 clones, tangfolio or eaa witness or whatever. Few years ago they were like $250

If you’re going with a USP compact then just get a P2000
It’s pretty much the same gun but better because of the usable rail.

thanks user. looks like a neat little thing.

>have budget of 450ish dollars
>thinking of used cz75

Tell me why I'm retarded and I should buy a glock instead?

I feel like splurging on a new gat this week. What should I buy? Needs to be under 400 used.

Attached: E045A3E0-2C06-40EC-9EFD-B61FDBB05537.jpg (1000x997, 532K)

because for 450 it will have to be a used glock

If you found one for under 500 then go for it

Okay much thanks. I'll see about finding some videos detailing what to look for to try and find the best glock for my money. Much appreciated friendo.

wow lots of fellow no guns ITT today...i guess im adding to that,

looking to get into the world of pistols, i have cut my choices down to 3-5 guns
>FN509 tac/or FNX45tac
>USP-9/45 LEM
>M9A3
>APX(ehhhh?)
>Glock 19 gen 5

i have $300 saved up, it would be April when i would finish saving up for the most expensive one, but im in it for the long haul...at least i think i am...and even though i know this will probably sound nutnfancy tier levels of cringe i want a gun that can go the fuck to war if needed.

what do you guys think? ive fondled all of these with the exception of the APX and ive liked them all in hand.

Attached: FNX-45-Tactical-618x412.jpg (618x412, 113K)

>400
Jump it to 600 and you’ll get something worth having

FNX is best

Attached: Pistol sidestep.1.webm (1920x1080, 778K)

Get the M9A3 or the USP
Don’t go full LEM. Just change out some parts and the trigger will improve.
If you go Gluuucc, get a 34 MOS

*Squish*

Attached: 00ED2BBD-301D-4086-981F-94746C2F0FFA.jpg (660x524, 57K)

FNposting never fails to bring the poorfags out

Attached: hehe - Copy.png (1384x1995, 3.94M)

>FN
>H&K
>Beretta
>Beretta
>Glock
well im glad to see you are keeping most options open. you've picked all the good makers for a bombproof firearm so whatever you pick from your list will probably be fine for your "go to war" standards

>implying HKfags don't shit on FNfags on a daily basis

all i care about in changing the USP is so i dont need the manual safety/decocker. would that be fine?

I can't hear HKfags since I don't live in 1993 unlike their handgun designs

Attached: High cap.jpg (3428x1828, 3.36M)

STFU

Attached: angerysad.png (112x112, 13K)

What do you want or need? Was there anything in the pastebin in OP that tickles your pickle? Right off the bat the first thing I wanna recommend is a Beretta PX4.

You're wrong.

Woah now let's not be hasty, I don't think that's what user was saying at all. You should buy sometime you like the feel/look/specs of. There are LOTS of options under $450, especially including used stuff. What about the CZ75 interests you?

That's a pretty wide range of quite differnt guns which like user said are all well vetted.

What do you like about each of them? Maybe we can help you prioritize a list of features which can help narrow it down for you.

>don't live in 1993
>posts a gun designed in 1993
I mean.

Attached: bundes.jpg (1900x1267, 1015K)