In the spirit of Christmas, what is the nicest thing that Jow Forums has ever done for someone?

In the spirit of Christmas, what is the nicest thing that Jow Forums has ever done for someone?

Attached: Operator Santa.jpg (1500x882, 276K)

Not tell them to kys

Have everyone around me not acknowledge my existence

not going in a relationship because I know that I'm too incompetent to love somebody

Bump

I snow shoed a trail for beer

Nice

I once helped someone in a wheelchair go up a hill that there where struggling going up

Brother was at an all time low due to various things.
Bought him an Xbox, games and 12 month sub to live.
Also paid some of his bills to get him back on the right side of zero in his account.
He always had my back when we were younger, so I've got his now.

Sounds like you have a very lucky brother; good on you user.

>Built someone an ar15
>I do not own an ar15 because whenever I have the money for a nice one something comes up

I left.

Me too. Was with a girl at the time, bitches love it.

Bumping

bought a friend Insurgency, Gachimachi Arcade: Lustful Boys and Arma 3 for christmas

i've never done anything nice for anyone, only what would be expected of me

Lucky friend

I once shimmied my ass down a shallow ravine during winter cuz I saw a truck down there that looked banged up. Turns out a guy (A Karen...ah Southeast asian minority) had slid off the road and rolled a few times before stopping. Made sure ambulance was on the way, helped pry his door open and get him out of the truck. He got off pretty lucky, just a few broken ribs

Wow, it sounds like you went to a lot of effort and that man may not be alive if it weren't for you. Bless you, user.

Nah, he only had a couple broken ribs, only issue would be how long it took someone else to see him

>be me
>back in town, demanding carrer sends me out of town a lot
>call up friend who does an annual canping trip
>ask what i can do to help
>he sounds stressed
>his gf ends up telling me that he lost his job, he cant afford the trip but he already took a collection for the trip expenses.
>i offer to pay his portion as well, while there at it , send me his resume.
>call a favor, get an old friend to hire him as a temp for season so he can get back on his feet. The pay is well over what he made
>his gf says camper needs new tire. I replace it. Camper needs electrical and mechanical repair. I take a day off and fix it.
>learn he sold his 30-30 lever action to pay bills. Try and go to pawn shop where he sold it. They cant find it. Buy a shotgun so he has something.
Its a decent rem express.
>loan my buddy some money, give him his new jobs number
>says he doesnt have nice clothes for office work. Buy him 2 set of slacks , dress shirt and shoes. Brown & black shoes / belt combos so he can switch it up.
>we go on trip
>long story short, hes doing drugs with these guys he met out there (his arranged meet)
>calls me the biggest douche / asshole to everyone. Says the shotgun is fucking embarrassing. He gives it away.
>i just half smile, hand him a beer and a water.
>leave early the next morning.
>left them full tanks of gas , food and water.
>one of them keyed my truck. Later found cigarette burns and butts in a lot of my gear

To my friends defense

>pic is basically me in a nutshell
(Some people love that character , others hate him)

Attached: 9C0C0ECB-9252-4B5E-9EF0-29101386F976.jpg (190x190, 14K)

>tfw I now realize I've never been nice my entire life

Attached: 1501261465903.jpg (750x471, 37K)

The friend who helped me not kms in high school has been going through some shit with the missus so I make sure I see how he's doing every day.
I told my family to make donations this year with the money they would have spent on me. Felt pretty good Jow Forums

Hosted a Jow Forums AR/AK/glock build party. We have one kid who is going to school (great paying field) and doesnt have alot of money.

So the discord got together and got him all the parts for a AR-15 build kit to build at the party.

Good job user, you're a hero. And the Karen are based as fuck.

Good on you and your friends, user

Turning them from a nihilistic weed smoking leftytarian to a natcap bloomer.

Attached: 7d6-1.png (680x680, 495K)

Sounds like a useless druggie. Cut him off, let him die.

Bought a buddy some weed when he ran out

trust me. It doesn't get better. You just end up scaring people away and then you are left all scratchy and needy and alone.

Bbbbuuuttt it's ssssoooo good when you can get love. It's worth all the trouble and pain. Just gotta fucking get the right one. There has to be a way.

Damn user. After reading a few of the posts I was inspired to do good deeds this Christmas, but after this one I think I'll just keep to myself.

My dad and I shot this crackhead in an alleyway and freed him from his bitch wife

Jesus sounds like the nicest thing you could have done for him would be to erase him from existence

I kept my friend from killing himself. At least I thought. I'm not so sure he wont now.

Attached: JPEG_20181207_195413.jpg (2448x3264, 1.27M)

you can learn

Bump

I held in a really rank fart while on a crowded elevator and I didn't let it out until I was several blocks away.

Attached: Spark Mandrill Concept.jpg (1570x1000, 828K)

Please explain what happened on the camping trip

Oh for sure I know they are, but I live in South Dakota, and half these people don't know history or how economics work so they hate the Karen just for being here.

/arg/

Friends and I are on the way to a concert, someones car was literally burning and melting on the side of the highway. Thought a house was on fire before I could see it was even coming from the highway itself. One had long hair and both wore band shirts, so we pulled over and of course turns out they're on their way too. All the way out from a shit ass suburb 3ish hours away as well, car just lit up. Father and son, super nice guys and we ended up driving them all the way back home too. Talked the whole time and they aren't doing great, live in a bad area, etc but they try to go to concerts a lot and the son got his dad into the music. Its honestly what I'm most proud of doing as a person.
Only takes a second to commit to doing a good act for someone else but it could mean so much to them, and you'll cherish that.

Attached: 1545279639995.gif (535x660, 69K)

>bailed brokedick nigga out of $900 of debt with the dealer so he could afford a place with his baby momma
>go to jail
>get out
>literally get a check-in from the dealer over this guy
>month after im out he's in fucking jail for child abuse charges
to be fair, he was covering up for the mother but fuck them both.
im tired of being a brokedick nigger running with other brokedick niggers. time to stick to fucking therapy and get a second job.

Attached: C6B14C37-DBFF-4223-A342-ADC525D0E8FB.jpg (255x184, 9K)

Interesting way of looking at it user

Explain why he called you a douche whats going on there

Kek lol whut

Does saving their life count if I was getting paid to do it?

Absolutely

Story time?

Not exactly nice, but I really hate change so every time I get some I find a way to put it in a charity box/tip jar/anything that actually puts it to use

Always put the other person first, even when you don’t want to. It’s really as simple as that. The trick is finding someone willing to do the same for you. Most people are selfish turds.

That’s pretty nice...

Bump

it's great, because I can excuse away any positive action I've taken towards other people
>gifted a friend some rare-ish books from a series we both enjoy for his birthday?
>you happened across them, they were a good price, and it was the least you could do since you abruptly stopped talking to him for no reason
>help another friend going through health problems clean up his water-damaged house every weekend?
>he asked and you have no reason to refuse, nothing more productive to do

Nicest thing I ever did to someone was threaten to kill them
>friend is suicidal
>says he genuinely wants to die but religion prevents himself from killing himself
>always does things that could kill him
>comes to me asking for advice
>say I'll kill him, he just needs to write something saying it was assisted suicide and I shouldn't go to jail for it
>tell him I've got tons of guns, he just needs to choose the caliber to die by
>educate him about guns
>he becomes interested
>asks me more questions that don't have to do with killing
>"how fun is it to shoot? How much recoil is there?"
>bring him to the range
>have a great time, suicide doesn't even cross his mind
>take him to diner later
>waitress flirts with him
>he gives his number to her
>days later gets a call from her
>they go on a date
>day I'm supposed to kill him comes
>says he doesn't want to do it any more, he has a new lease on life
Since then he has gotten married, had 2 children, and has a gun collection to rival the us military. I couldn't feel more proud for the guy

Attached: 1543909683613.png (640x480, 132K)

gun related? not much. one time a guy was teching his son how to shoot at the table next to mine. kid probably about 10. he actually noticed the mosin nagant in the rack and asked RSO if it was for everyone. told the kid it was mine and told the dad, hey if he wants few shots ive got the bayonet lying around too. kid didnt even need to be told how to load the rounds or use the bolt, kinda impressed.

i think the only interesting stories are the occasional times i figure to bring the mosin, usually dont since surplus ammo is gone. one other time i basically let an old soviet expat talk to me for a while since he was reminiscing about the mosin for a while and talked about god knows whatever time period he served in the military. had to have been 80, but refused to let me carry his target setup back to the tables, and it was really windy

Absolutely based, user.

Attached: tuesday doesnt work for me.png (1024x683, 625K)

dont give people video games if they're depressed, make them actually get outside and do something with you

larp

Bump

This thread is a wonderful addition to the Christmas season

Attached: Doom Slayer just right.png (2300x2000, 3.77M)

Would you have done it if it came to it? Honest question.

That was beautiful, user.

Attached: 199937955.gif (500x292, 1.75M)

I paid first month's rent and a deposit fee for one of my wife's friends after she had a very ugly divorce. I bought work clothes for another one of the wife's friends after her clothes were stolen. I visit some of the wife's friends and let them vent about life, and give them encouraging words. If there's anything I can do for the women that were influential parts of my wife's life, I'll always have their backs--even if I personally think they're annoying or ditzy.
Not real sure the things I'm doing can be considered "nice," though. I'm only doing it so they don't go insane over the years. I need them alive and well adjusted so they can be there and tell my daughter stories of how great her mom was when the kid is old enough to start asking questions.
The wife died a few years ago, two months after the baby was born. I'm ensuring my girl has supportive adults in her life to tell her about the good times and what sort of person her mom was. And, despite all my efforts to learn, I'm shit at braiding hair. Definitely going to need some non-floozies around for that.

I don't know if I've really done anything nice recently, but I play therapist for my friends all the time and I've helped a few people out of some pretty dark spots. Hard to admit to myself that I might not be a shitty person honestly.

Nice
had the PSL out and there was a similar aged kid and his dad maybe 10 lanes over shooting a .22
>.22 is unobtanium at this time, they've only got two 50rd boxes
>the one time I don't have a brick in the range bag
He'd wandered over to watch once they'd run out, so I let him shoot a mag of cheap surp after explaining how the muzzle brake makes it loud but it is real soft shooting

Honestly, I don't know. I don't like seeing friends suffer like he was but I also dont know if I could handle killing someone who didn't deserve it

Sorry for late reply:

So camping trip-
I obviously had no gear. So i went out and bought all new stuff. Ice cest, light tent, hammock, camping stove, jacket, etc. not my first rodeo though, so i bought a really good tent, bag and jacket.
Had to have my ipad for work so i got solar chargers for my tent.
Was at an outdoor store, saw a guy selling mres, bought a case just to have.
My family tells me they can load the ATVs if we want to use them. Call and ask friend. He wants a more pure hike experience. Ok im cool with that.
Fast foward =>> we arrive and are setting up camp. 3 of his friends are setting up generators. He gets his pop up camper set up for his girlfriend. They start setting up xboxes and a lan.
—okay , well now i feel weird with just the tent and pack. Oh well , i start setting up. See a keg come out.
Allright, so its one of those kind of trips. Okay.
Some of his friends are looking at my gear. “Damn user, you bear grylls’ son”?
Just smile, shrug and make some quip like, why ? Did you bring a keg of piss water?
Got most of my gear set up. Start hearing drum circle starting.
Wtf is goin on here . Theyre drinking beer out of viking horns and sitting around comrade putin style, no shirts in the cold. Excited guy returns , looks like he bought weed. They start going at it.
I stick to one beer. And politely join upwind away from the dope.
My friends girlfriend starts flirting aound the campfire . Shes rubbing on random dudes like a social house cat, she stays near someone until she gets enough compliments she seems to feed on then moves on.
She looks like mrs hogget from the movie Babe. I pretend to need to go piss when she makes rotation around me.
My friend is too busy on his phone constantly. I later find out he’s trying to score extasy or some other pills.
I decide to just turn in.
Early morning i go for a walk. Cook myself some eggs. Take a shower and brush my teeth >>

Someone wakes up. Camping bro wants to go hunt. Okay. Hep him hunt some rabbits. Bagged 2, bring it back and start bbq for bbq and egg tacos for friends. Camping bro says im quiet but i seem really cool, hes suprised.
Whys that?
Your friend says your a douche and you dont really know how to camp you just bought all that.
My jacket litterally still has the tags i forgot to rip off so i lol and hold them up. “Yep , i guess he got me there”

Camping bro continues, “but i saw you set up and i just saw you hunt. Dude youre fucking awesome”
Just smile — well thanks.

Second night - similar to first night. Except friends gf asks me to take jacket and shirt off , and tries flirting. Nah— im cold.
I go to my ipad in the tent and check on work. Just to excise myself.

His gf starts yelling , “COLD!?? COLD?? user is a PUUUSSS SEEEE!”
Looks like some of the guys found the MREs . My friend tells everyone they only sell expired boxes , so I obviously brought rotten food.
I check one , looks fine. But i dont say anything.
Someone finds skittles in a mre
They start rat fucking all the mres and throw the rest in the camp fire.

Well at least they went to some use

Theres on and off drama with some of the other campers and my friends gf. Serious threats. I stay out of it

My last night there. My friend is griping that the shotgun i got him is jamming. He’s short shucking for noise discipline. I show him it works good if you pump it regularly.
Later that night he blames the bad hunting on the shotgun. I get after him for pulling out the gun when hes been drinking. He claims that its shit and I embarrassed him then he gives it away.
I play someone xbox and apperanly i do well at it. My friend starts playful trying to handicap me by smacking the controller out of my hand but quickly becomes a douche. I purposely start to lose but people notice so now im a douche again.

His friends throw cigarettes at my tent.
I leave the next morning.

humanbeans.jpg
individuals are okay, groups suck

Attached: 1465321061452.jpg (375x550, 146K)

I'm very sorry, user. Wishing you and your children all the best.

Attached: Sora crying - KH 3.png (1280x720, 1.27M)

Found someone's BMW keys and key ring with 13 keys, a whistle, bottle opener, and store rewards cards in the bathroom of my college. So I flushed them down the toilet. I also went to the same bathroom a few months later and bored out the screw holes of the coat hook, so anyone who puts their bag there would have the hook give way, hopefully breaking any sensitive electronics in there.

Attached: 4watermark.webm (1920x1080, 275K)

I like that character. He is a good person. Dont stop being a good guy, just try to be more vocal when people want to take advantage of that niceness. Sometimes you have to let people know they are fucking up, and cut them off. I know you know that, but it bears repeating. Merry Christmas user

As a follow up story, one time me and my wife were altruistically nice to some hobo. It was Christmas eve about 8 years ago, and she and I were just dating back then. We were walking up to a liquor store, and some hobo asked us for some change to buy a 40oz.
I really appreciated his honesty on what he planned to spend it on, so I told him I'd just buy him the booze. Dude was so excited.
When me and my wife walked out, I handed him a bag with 2 40's, a fifth of whiskey and a couple packs of smokes. Gave him a $20, and wished him a merry Christmas. We stuck around a little while to shoot the shit with him, and apparently his wife divorced him and took everything, along with his kid. All he had to look forward to was drinking. He was really excited to share his good fortune with the other hobos, and thanked us with teary eyes.
In retrospect, we probably contributed to the well known local occurrence that the PD refers to as "bumsicles"--where the homeless freeze to death in the Winter and the officers have to chisel them out of the ice, but at least the man was happy for the night.

Bump

wow, just like fight club!

Chris Trager is the highest energy dude ever, he tries only to bring goodness to the world. If there's a man to try and be it's him.

I loaned money to a friend so he could buy a car. Plus I stayed with my Dad through his divorce so he wouldn’t be alone.

Your dad will remember that user, you did a really good thing for him

Bump

Good man

What kind of loan? Did you charge him interest? Did you put it on paper? Has he paid you back?

Attached: 1544249142799.png (540x295, 285K)

Bump

gave a homeless guy an old cold weather sleeping bag i didnt use anymore, dude was 18 and was out on his ass with nothing, so i figured it was something good i was able to do.

Very nice of you, user

bump

We all have flaws user. Doesn't mean that we're necessarily bad people; you seem to be proof of that.

Saw this guy rumage through a trash bin at the bus stop and find an almost full bottle of cola, took it out, and started drinking it.

Wanted to give him some money for a meal but I said fuck it.

I once shoveled an entire street's side walks

Full story? Why did you do it?