Let's talk about this gun. Why is it so expensive? How powerful is the 7.5 FK cartridge?

Let's talk about this gun. Why is it so expensive? How powerful is the 7.5 FK cartridge?

Attached: 7.5mm FK BRNO.jpg (766x455, 216K)

Other urls found in this thread:

underwoodammo.com/products/9x25mm-dillon-90-grain-xtreme-defender?variant=7865933135929
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because there is a lot of machining involved, a lot of handwork involved, extremely high development cost, and very low sales numbers. They have to make that money back somehow.

Isn't the cartridge "power" only on par with hot 10mm and 357 mag? Really, it's mostly about the high velocity which would enable it to pen vests?

I wish I wasn't poor :( fuck capitalism

I haven't seen the ballistics, but if it is on par with hot 10mm that's incredible.

you are poor because you don't embrace capitalism

This

95g bullet
2000 FPS
Unit cost $7500
They made a low cap. $8,000 9x25mm/.30 carbine, with Czech unreliability, and a fuckhuge gun
Good job engineers.

I'm honestly amazed at the price. No way would they let actual unit cost go above 1k.

They were just really dedicated to the 7.5 meme I guess

It just baffles me that they spent so much money to redesign the 9x25 dillion, the specs on the cartridge is vague, but they are both bottle necks, the 7.5 is only 95 gr, at least the dillion has heavier weights, the 7.5 is smaller, which isnt necessarily better, they both send a 95 grain bullet at around 2000fps, but the 7.5 is a longer case, and seems to be a wider case at nearly 11mm.
What the fuck is this insanity? The 9x25 dillion isnt even much more then a meme anyways.

I mean it's probably more flatter shooting all things considered. what they actually did was design an upgraded FN 5.7 round, but being proprietary and only available in a handgun it's kind of wasted.

Well think of it like this..... it's essentially a super light 357/10mm, kind of like that Liberty Civil defense? Meant to pen 3A armor and yet have a ton of real firepower? Designing a gun around that, to shoot possibly tens of thousands of rounds over the course of its life span, must require incredible craftsmanship. Unfortunately, that very skill will make it unmarketable except towards SF groups and VIPs.

>blaming capitalism for being poor
Antifa brainlet detected

Now that you mention it, imagine Liberty Civil Defense 7.5 FK
>50 grains
>3000 fps

>penetrates your steel level 3 armor
heh, nothing personnel, kid

Did you not read?
The cartridge is literally ballistically the same as a 9x25 dillion, which alreadyexisted, and you just need to drop $500 on a 10mm glock, then another $300 for the conversion, whereas this piece of shit costs $7500 per unit manufacturing cost, it is going to retail almost $10k.
So given that, it simply wont sell, its DOA.

That much drop in wight wouldn't get that much more velocity.
A 50gr out of that is maybe 2400. But its sectional density would be shit.

Is 9x25 capable of 90 grains at 2000 fps reliably? I only shoot 10x25.

Yeah I really see this as more of a collector's item, maybe some really rich hunter's will want it but probably not.

>10 grains
>4000 fps

underwoodammo.com/products/9x25mm-dillon-90-grain-xtreme-defender?variant=7865933135929
They got 124gr cooking at 1700fps also

5gr
8000fps

Damn I want a subgun chambered in this

7.5 FK is just 10mm necked down to .308", despite what those Czech Jews will admit

No, 10mm is 10mm internal by 25mm
This is like 10.8mmx28mm for some reason.

its a boutique gun like korth

if you watch the marketing its exclusively targeting hunters

Attached: 1532499865586.jpg (429x410, 21K)

Unironically this. These people that sit around thinking capitalism will magically make their lives better with no input, then turn around and blame capitalism for not making them rich automatically, will never in their lives be as remotely rich as someone who got off their ass and embraced and manipulated the system.

>10mm CZ clone
>not pic related
Haha what

Attached: witness-steel-full-size-tanfoglio.2_f.jpg (930x633, 46K)

>The cartridge is literally ballistically the same as a 9x25 dillion

No. Your ballistics understanding is poor if you think this. The 7.5 has far superior sectional density, which is why it easily shoots through armor than stops the 9x25 dillon. Sectional density bro.

>>boutique gun
Yep.

0gr
infinite fps

And it costs $0

Problem is, it doesn't really deliver on anything well enough to justify the price. People who buy it for the ballistics are gonna be underwhelmed because you can get the same thing out a 9x25 Glock for a tenth the price. People who buy it for the machining work are gonna find it lacking compared to companies like Korth. The only thing it has going for it is the looks but that sort of thing wears off when you realize how much you just paid for it. You're paying Lamborghini or Ferrari prices for a BMW.

7.5 FK SUCKS

the hollowpoints dont even work against bare gel

A .460 sw / 9x25 dillon glock would be better in every imaginable way

10mm and 9x25 dillon shit on this gun

Underwood loads 90 grains at 2100 fps

10mm liberty ammo hits 2600 fps with a 60 grain projectile

And you would know a luxury goods boutique is lacking on “quality” because?
Korth is to Rolex as FK is to marathon or some shit
Seriously
You aren’t the demographic for it

unironically a great idea

what if you made bullets out of styrofoam or something instead of using heavy rocks out of the ground?

Cool over engineered gun. You guys are bickering over shut that doesn't matter. This is like some exotic car that isnt trying to be too dog, it's just someones idea and design, and there is a market for super dope shit like that.

This. Poor commies will always be poor

If I'm paying 7500 dollars for a handgun, I'd kind of expect it to be able to outshoot a 1500 or 2000 dollar one. By all accounts, the FK just doesn't. The only thing it does well is look cool. A luxury priced product should actually have luxury production quality.

>God I fucking hate all these glock tards and AR fags taking up the whole market, why doesn't anyone make unique guns?
>REEEEE why would they charge a lot of money for a new design that is niche, a caliber and design developed specifically for this new gun, that is also expensive to produce, new tooling produced and made in small runs and is highly finished when I can just buy a glock barrel instead?

Attached: mpvshot [Erai-raws] Yuru Camp - 01 [720p][Multiple Subtitle].mkv_00:08:59_0002.jpg (1280x720, 270K)

I got some news for you bro
$7500 doesn't outshoot $1500 doesn't outshoot $400.

You're paying for build quality, and you should, because cheap shit sucks.

Attached: 1200(33).jpg (1200x899, 170K)

>JUST BUY A GLAAAAAAAWK
I hate to break it to you - this gun isn't built, marketed, or intended in any way for your use.

Attached: 1200(27).jpg (1200x800, 71K)

I may be getting a big payout.
If I get it, should I get this or a Unica 6?

It's smart marketing. The gun itself is probably worth less than 2k and would never sell well even at that price. By increasing the price they made it into a status symbol and sold it to dumb rich guys.

>sold it to dumb rich guys
You don't lose money when you buy guns like this. At some point they're discontinued, and the resale value starts to slowly climb. If you're the kind of guy that can drop $7500 on a watch, you can drop $7500 on a gun.

This pistol doesn't even have any competitors within it's niche besides Deagles, which are ugly bricks.

>You don't lose money when you buy guns like this

How can you be so certain that 30 years from now US won't be a 2nd world poor shithole? Or that Brno won't produce more of these guns? Or the fact that this gun might fall into obscurity?

>Or the fact that this gun might fall into obscurity?
Well that would increase its price, if anything.

>30 years from now US won't be a 2nd world poor shithole?
Okay, among all the investments one could make with $7500 (which is a relatively small sum of money all things considered), a pistol is not particularly risky. I'm not sure I totally understand your point, you can't name a commodity that doesn't carry this risk. Cash in and of itself is more likely to radically devalue.
Or that Brno won't produce more of these guns?
This is a likely scenario in which case your gun retains value as being "lightly used" and sells short of retail. Alternatively, an economy version will be introduced. The originals retain collectability.
>Fall into obscurity
Probably the best thing that could happen for someone holding on to one as an investment. "Hi, I'm Ian, and today we're looking at a rare Czech pistol from the late 2010's!"

>How can you be so certain that 30 years from now US won't align itself with the former Soviet Union?

doesnt it have something about recoil compensation or whatever

>that grip shape

$50,000 and it's like holding a 2x4

I havnt read a truer statement on Jow Forums inna looong time.

>$50,000
What are you talking about
>Grip angle
Like every other CZ inspired frame