/arg/ - AR General/Tripfag Containment

NFA Edition

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1D8AED48-08FC-4D72-A4A6-69FD94243513.jpg (2426x1363, 874K)

Other urls found in this thread:

holosun.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=50&products_id=87
youtube.com/watch?v=wqQoDGdEFfM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

"I may not be tall, attractive, or have a big dick - but at least I have this sweet AR"

Posting

>t. nostamps user

Post AR

Attached: D191C6F7-07B1-46A8-AA90-49381250EABC.jpg (2048x801, 598K)

Wow, that last thread was legitimate garbage. I like how arg shits all over ARFCOM, yet at the end of the day, they’re both about 95-99% people who shoot fewer than 500 rounds per year, most likely all from a bench, and who spend more time buying and reselling accessories, arguing with each other over whose rifle cost more, and taking pictures of their rifles than actually shooting.

Prove me wrong

Attached: 1CF29A79-279A-40A9-AB55-E2FE43A64F28.jpg (2244x3255, 1.52M)

You really need to be in the discord posting that thing. The LMT fags outnumber me

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Attached: 11.5%22 SR15.png (1590x678, 435K)

Marry Xmas

Attached: Lyman-mat-and-Magpul-B.A.D-lever-with-phase-5-extended-bolt-release-v3.jpg (3718x2091, 1.19M)

>got my Form 1 after 199 days
>at 171 days for Form 4 Chimera 300

Attached: Untitled.png (1588x1552, 3.45M)

I've fired 1880 rounds through my sr15 in 8 months....no u

Should have specified 95-99% of the tripfags who give everyone advice

Attached: FE1D1A03-3E65-435D-B040-0BEB828F4855.jpg (491x960, 78K)

Noguns building an AR here, looking for input on optics. Would you rather have a red dot and magnifier or a red dot and a separate magnified optic?
I'm leaning towards putting a Romeo 5 on and getting a magnifier or magnified optic whenever it gets warmer and I can go to an outdoor range.

>devaluing your guns
Stay mad user

I'd rather have a 1-6x

LPVO if magnified. Magnifiers suck ass compared to any decent LPVO.

Thanks, I looked into some variable zoom stuff but totally forgot about them.

But I am a tripfag my guy

Imagine not shooting out your back door whenever you want

T.guy with hoa who can't shoot on his property

So I'm autistically shopping to try and build the anti-/arg/ rifle. Basically I took Jesus and semen-sipper's WWSD build and tried to lighten it even more and make it a high quality poverty build by changing some of the parts. Like not using a Geissele charging handle and $340 Faxon carbon fiber handguards.

But I'm kinda torn between going with a good low-cost aluminum free float rail, or probably one of the two models (open and closed) carbon fiber rails from Brigand Arms. Since it would result in a 14.5" pin and welded build that when unloaded (including however, optic, sling, light) would weigh about 5lbs.

I suppose there are concerns as to whether or not a BA CF handguard will take the 'abuse' an aluminum handguard will, but I don't really feel like that's an issue desu. But I've looked at Faxon, Brigand Arms, Midwest Industries, ALG, BCM. I'm wondering if there's anyone who's got something competitive on weight or price, wherein quality is functionally matching. I'm not concerned if the microstructure of the aluminum grain is concentric or shit like that.

Ideally I want to build a poverty rifle that's lightweight and works for any/all civilian .223 purposes. No iron sights, no night vision, no suppressor, no bad dragon dildo bayonet. Something I can take pictures of in strange places and settings and post on this thread to annoy tripfags.

go back to arfcom, STXDobie

Just buy an ARAK

Just get a scar. AR’s are dated.

Merry Christmas guys.

>post you're building a poverty rifle
>tripfag suggests a $1900 piston gun
>user suggests a SCAR

Attached: 1465712399786.jpg (600x656, 71K)

those can be poverty guns, i'm poor and have expensive guns.
in fact, expensive guns are better as poverty guns than psa because they will keep you poor for longer

>Romeo 5
REEEEE fuck that, if you're on a budget get a Holosun or used Aimpoint PRO.

Merry Christmas user!

Attached: DSC03327.jpg (4500x3000, 3.85M)

What the tripfag said, you can get an Holosun HS403B for $150 on Optics Planet right now.

> the anti-/arg/ rifle
We already have that, and it happens to be an ARX bought while on sale with an Elcan mounted way too far back.

Acog or tube?

Attached: F7228547-E873-4190-869F-6118A77AD746.jpg (750x1334, 200K)

arx a shit.

Attached: NotAnAR.jpg (3191x1036, 764K)

>vortex

what happened, did the student loans run out?

student loans are reserved for nods

im gonna get a dead air can and sbr it with a 13" barrel before i worry about an rmr

>buy 17s
>put a shitcog and a vortex on it
Fuck are you doin
Stop being so desperate for arg approval

the worst part is the only approval he'll get here is from user and wuggy.

no offense

big cog is best cog.

>works for niggers
>buys big black scar
pottery

>works construction (part time)
>bank owns all his gun parts
poetry

What you think is a better buy and why Wuggy, Trijicon MRO or Holosun 510c. Primarily In case somebody busts in my house and secondarily Civil War 2 starts.

and the government own your guns

>36 fucking ounces for fixed 6x
No

Just go to the gym

This is accurate. I found myself wondering if the people in this thread actually go shoot as well or if this is more like instagram with more autism. Arfcom has a different brand of autism though, the things boomers get upset about are even more ridiculous.

I just got a freedom 16 with mil spec furniture. I was gonna go for an m4gery style setup but it’s a PSA and I think I’ll save that build for a Colt or FN in the future. I’m gonna order one of those holosuns from optics planet. What else should I get? I want a rail and vertical grip but I’m trying to keep everything low budget now. I guess my only option is a magpul moe rail or a Chinese KAC knock off.

wdhmbt

These threads are the AIDSiest on the entire board. Shit is filled with poorfags, retards, obese giga-neckbeard virgins, and literal faggots.

All tripfags should commit suicide immediately.

Doesn't Holosun make the Romeo 5? I think the shake-awake sleep times are different, but that's really it.

Just cobble together a A2 build with a flashlight mounted on the front sight. The Afghan Army takes on the most vile people in the world with them.

Attached: 1000w_q95.jpg (1000x662, 271K)

I want to wish everyone who frequently posts here a merry Christmas. I've been floating in this general for a little over a year now and had some great talks with some very helpful people. The people who frequent here, on the whole, are extremely helpful and interested in getting new people involved in ARs. The last year has been crazy hard for me after losing both of my grandparents. I really used ARs as something to focus on to keep myself sane, and alot of people here did more help for me during some of my lowest moments than any of them probably realize. Interacting with people on here, shooting some of the greatest firearms ever made, and celebrating glorious American tech has really put alot of things in perspective for me. One of the biggest lessons I've learned this year is WGWS should literally kill himself. I don't think I've ever met someone as fucking insufferable as him. I mean seriously, how are you such a toxic piece of shit so young in life. Could you imagine giving birth to that fucking abomination. If I was his father I would spend the majority of my time deeply ashamed, and that's probably before knowing how much of a fucking faggot he is online. God help them if they ever figure it out. The only thing that makes me hesitate to tell him to discharge a 5.56x45 from that abortion of a gun into his temple is the fear his soul will go on to annoy the fuck out of meema and pop pop in the next life. Maybe if it just put him some sort of vegetative state we would all win.

TL:DR Thanks everyone, except you WGWS. You should severely disable yourself into a persistent vegetative state.

Attached: FB_IMG_1545712156818.jpg (1122x540, 80K)

Well I feel dumb, I never looked at how much the Romeo 5 costs. I figured the SIG brand would make it retarded expensive. Go with the Romeo 5.

I brought a lunar concepts sling kinda like the Ferro Concepts Slingster. How do you set these types of slings up?

Attached: 20170726_183112-01__21389.1501280160.1280.1280.jpg (1280x1280, 1.02M)

>on sale
false
>too far back
Lol, you don't own an Elcan, have never shot one, and don't own and ARX and have never shot one.

Is that yours?
ARX unironically good value and decent gun.

>MRO
Absolute shit avoid. In that price range get an Aimpoint PRO on a Scalar Works mount, or one of the nicer newere titanium Holosuns:
holosun.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=50&products_id=87

HS503GU or HS510C not bad budget options.

QD swivel on each end, sockets at the extreme ends of the gun.

Attached: DSC03333.jpg (4050x2700, 3.91M)

Thanks for the response. What’s your issue the MRO?

Thanks for the photo. I'm looking for what to do with the excess sling when QDs are added.This is what its going on. I'll have to order an extra QD swivel for the back end.

Attached: Mega man opened showing off the Armaspec Stealth Recoil Spring.jpg (2579x2489, 636K)

I put QD swivels on each end.
My stock and handguard have QD points.
I wrap the rear end around the stock so it doesnt get between the butt and my shoulder and the front sling swivel I keep on the QD closest to the receiver to tighten the loop up. Its just how I prefer it.

Attached: 20181224_142620-3749x2811.jpg (3749x2811, 3.7M)

You cut the slack (leave yourself some
wiggle room) and cinch with a lighter

Thank you

Attached: Holosun Paralow HS503G Red Dot Sight (2).jpg (3448x2970, 1020K)

Thank you. Got a video on how to do this right?

Attached: Mark_16_Camo_Bag_SiCo_Hybrid.jpg (2047x1809, 976K)

Nah man but it's easy.
Was the first sling I set up.
Once the hardware is in front of you, you'll figure it out.

baka
have you never cut paracord or nylon rope?

youtube.com/watch?v=wqQoDGdEFfM

Christmas? You celebrate huh-nikka.

Just get a good set of cutters and snip it a little bit at a time, fitting a sling is pretty easy
I'd recommend leaving as much adjustment as possible then cutting it to length like that so it can be used on something else in the future or just be widened for gear

Attached: 3 slings.jpg (2921x2576, 3.52M)

Make sure you set it all up and adjust it before cutting slack. And keep in mind you need enough spare slack to tighten and loosen for thin warm weather as well as thick cold weather clothes, as well as wearing with other gear.

NIGGER HOLLACAUST

Thanks bro
>have you never cut
No so thanks a ton!

Attached: P1260836.jpg (4592x2584, 2.3M)

Stopped reading at Merry Christmas.

Attached: la-france.jpg (750x325, 69K)

It's just /akg/ copypasta

Attached: 1481086961455.png (452x237, 13K)

Yeah, that why I stopped reading at merry Christmas, hobo dipshit.

Attached: M16-Vietnam.jpg (1024x640, 100K)

Attached: 2018-12-24 23.07.16.jpg (2165x1021, 1.22M)

i don't know if i'm more impressed that you can rest your entire rifle on your gut like that, or that you found a tie die shirt big enough to fit your ginormous torso.

Fat

He used a double kind sized sheet and tie dyed it himself.

Don't talk or listen to WGWS, he's legitimately mentally damaged and is widely considered the board retard

King*

I-is that y-yours?

Dwb has a nicer rifle. Just end it ash.

FAT AND UNLIKEABLE

What is your opinion on the split fix by Wise Man Company. Does it really make the SBA3 more stable

Attached: is that a trip fag.jpg (536x617, 78K)

>Wise Man Company
Its not by them, but it does stop some flex and for the price ups the cool value.

Attached: P1270002.jpg (4592x2584, 2.44M)

Reminder that ARs are fucking boring.

Attached: B673ECFB-987E-4CF5-9286-0347A0516B41.jpg (2048x2048, 1015K)

i'd imagine it is very boring having a garbage AR like that.

>Hur recoil and noise is the only fun part about guns

Post yours

this

Attached: mogged.png (1758x1066, 2.98M)

>pink post it note
Did you steal that from your mum's office, mate?

Attached: m27suppressor.jpg (792x450, 260K)

>not having the multistack of pink yellow blue and green post it notes

>frying your weed-addled brain enough to warrant the necessity to have hand scribbled reminders on easily visible florescent paper tacked onto everything around you to pick up the slack for your diminished cognitive abilities.

A magnifier with a red dot doesn't make much sense, because you will make the red dot largehueg when you use it. If you're going with a flip magnifier, a good holo is the way to go.

The real question is, what's your use case? If it's expected to go out to distance, with occasional usage at closer ranges, an LPVO is a better choice. If it's mostly a CQB weapon that you'll occasionally be using at 300m, holo/magnifier.

pretty much

Trip on DWB

Don't you dare shittalk post-its. Some of us actually have demanding jobs that involve juggling a million tasks, they help keep one-off tasks and details in mind.

Attached: IMG_20180331_142623.jpg (1613x1210, 767K)

Where can I get a TR24 for a good price?

Wrong

Ebay

Merry Christmas, G-Man.

Optics planet with 10% code they have them sub 700$

Attached: 48233976_2150369915278383_8550979285869920256_n.jpg (768x960, 222K)