I'm thinking of getting a Mossberg 590 soon, but what does Jow Forums think of them...

I'm thinking of getting a Mossberg 590 soon, but what does Jow Forums think of them? Anyone have one or used one extensively?

I have some old shotguns and typically I'm not that into shotguns, but there's something about short shotguns I love.

Attached: Mossberg-590-Nightstick-Shotgun-Now-Shipping-22-660x330.jpg (660x330, 13K)

Just got one for Christmas it’s so fucking fun

Attached: 3162D0C6-7AE0-4E2C-8683-14B49C3B1BBC.jpg (4032x3024, 1.96M)

Hows the recoil since you cant shoulder it?

I've been thinking about a Shockwave myself but only if I know for sure that the not-a-stock 'arm braces' are 100% legal in my state.

About the same as a full sized 590, most people dont hold it correctly (i.e. "stretching") so they perceive more recoil

What state?

Washington State

Shockwave is a meme gun
Purchase buy mall ninjas
And the uneducated who think it is suitable for home defense
But if you want to blast at the backstop of the range without aiming at anything specific, then shockwave is your gun.

Explain to me how 12ga buckshot is magically less lethal out of a 14" barrel as compared to a 18" barrel at HD ranges

>inb4 no accuracy
Practice senpai

>t. Never shot one.

Shockwaves are cool, fun, and perfectly shootable with full-power loads as long as you practice with it.

Attached: 20181212_201916.jpg (4032x1960, 3.47M)

I really want the boomerized version they have now as the heat shield and wooden furniture on it are super aesthetic.

>"I've never held or shot one so I have no idea what I'm talking about."

Thanks for participating champ.

Advice for anyone looking for a heatshield: get one that fits the 590a1 specifically.
The shockwave comes with a heavy walled barrel, so if you get a heatshield for a regular 590, it wont fit.

Attached: 20181225_161358.jpg (3264x2448, 2.32M)

I'm in the same boat. Wooden furniture really does it for me on the right weapon.

It does not surprise me that you do not understand the issue

Explain shot spread From your shotgun had home defense range. 20 feet or less.
Then tell me how you will reliably be able to hit a target without the ability to aim.
Spray and pray guess?
There is a reason why they put sights on firearms

>without the ability to aim
AKA "I have never shot one and get all of my info from movies, video games, and other people who haven't shot one."

Attached: 1461995291216.gif (400x225, 2.67M)

>without the ability to aim.
Yep, definitely doesnt know what the hell he's talking about

Heres a pity (you) for the attempt

>There is a reason why they put sights on firearms
Do you see that little metal bead on the front of the barrel in literally every picture ITT?
That's a "sight," noguns.

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.

You can’t even tell me how far the shot spreads at 20 feet.
I found a gif of you aiming your shotgun

Attached: 66ADD1C0-05FB-4DEF-A01B-E726D4A811F2.gif (260x196, 989K)

Found a picture of you with your superior choice in non-meme weaponry.

Attached: 1451089045160.jpg (900x1200, 225K)

I got the 20 gauge version, and at the moment it’s my primary home defense gun. It’s very controllable and even fun to shoot. At normal home defense ranges, it’s more than acceptably accurate, and #3 buckshot hits more than hard enough to be effective.

>T. my home defense firearm is a shockwave

lmao imagine typing out a name and then a tripcode just to post this

lmao imagine still thinking take it off and on just to drive you nuts and following me around this south pacific coral reef cataloging forum.

Attached: anonshittingupakg.jpg (798x710, 135K)

Confirmed for never shooting one.

Video games aren't real life, buddy.

Attached: does-barrel-length-matter-for-home-defense-shotgun-5.jpg (1402x553, 61K)

This

I got mine a few month ago. It quickly became the funnest gun I own, and would totally feel completely comfortable using it for HD

Attached: Shockwave2.jpg (960x487, 67K)

Attached: Trashpanda and scattygat.jpg (861x885, 244K)

>Killing the most awesome of vermin

Attached: lemongrab3.gif (241x240, 1.24M)

When I shoot my shockwave I wrap my fingers around the birdhead, and then put my cheek up against the fingers wrapped around the birdhead. So I can see down the sight.
I also push forward with the strap so I get the most stable grab on the gun the farthest length away.
It works for me, I was landing minislugs 100 yards away on target.

Attached: SHEE4028.jpg (1500x1500, 1.09M)

I love mine

Attached: _20181113_195553.jpg (3862x1896, 1.32M)

#1 buck and minislugs are FUN

Attached: 20181225_201824.jpg (1600x900, 653K)

Why is it so fun fellow shockwavebro?

Really thinking about getting a Shockwave and filing a form 1 to sbs it. Seeing them constantly posted and on sale isn't helping

Do it. You can have a nice sbs for less than $500. Waiting on my stamp

>Really thinking about getting a Shockwave and filing a form 1 to sbs it.
Why waste $200 instead of just putting a brace on it like ?

Not him but I didn't even know they made a brace for the shockwave. I know what I'm ordering later

I already have 1 sbr stamp approved, 1 sbr stamp pending, and 5 suppressor stamps pending.. not a fan of braces and not really worried about another $200

They're having a sale on both the Remington tac-14 and the Mossberg Shockwave at my lgs, but the Remington is still $30 dollars cheaper. I know that Remington has a bad reputation with QC and the tac-14 also holds one round.less than the Shockwave, but I have limited funds and could really use the extra $30, is the Mossberg superior enough to the Remington to justify shelling out the extra cash for it?

No rust issues and one extra round in the tube - I’d say it’s worth it.

Yes it’s superior in every way and the tac14 just seems like a shitty knockoff

>Should I buy modern RemShit or spend $30 on a much, much better gun
My man if $30 is that much of a make-or-break thing then you shouldn't buy the gun.

Attached: rust.jpg (1024x768, 241K)

>citing anecdotal evidence from a tripfag circlejerk
It's only okay in your own quarantine thread you retarded motherfucker