EDC Folding knife

Need a new one as mine has gone missing. What does Jow Forums recommend for

Attached: 6D9CFC3C-A40B-4D15-B546-CD8969FE4AC1.jpg (466x466, 12K)

Victorinox Hunter.

Attached: victorinox-hunterpro-orange.jpg (1500x1500, 527K)

Real Steel H6-S1
Steel Will Modus
Byrd Raven 2

I was thinking about getting a Buck's folding hunter with a tractor supply gift card I got for Christmas

any thoughts?

I actually really like that, how did this slip under the radar?

Heres 1

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-25-17-13-19.png (1440x2560, 3.13M)

Got my waifu a Griptillian. Really like it personally. Well see how she feels soon

>blonde

sad

Just got this beauty.

Attached: 20181225_171517.jpg (4032x3024, 3.31M)

Kershaw Skyline
Buck Vantage
Cold Steel Code 4
Cold Steel Broken Skull

Attached: drifter.png (1840x824, 129K)

looks flimsy and soi

Spyderco Delica 4.

Cheap and cheerful. Thin and lightweight. Lots of colors, clip can be installed lefty or righty, tip up or down. Decent steel. (Actually a couple of steels to choose from)
There's also a Wharncliffe blade available.
Doesn't scare normies.

Ontario rat 1 with the D2 steel

Attached: images (75).jpg (554x554, 56K)

this

or if you're willing to spend around 70 you can go for a endura4 in vg10
>patrician lock
>master race steel
>lightweight
>spydermeme

Seconding the Delica. Excellent knife, the best

Delica or Endura if you can get away with a 4" blade.
I like a longer blade, but I've also never held a Delica. I love the shit out of my Endura, its perfect for a sub $100 knife. I assume the Delica would have made me just as happy if I had chosen that instead.

Kershaw link/ blur for speed assist
Ontario rat
My person fav is the spyderco tenacios just a really great knife.

>patrician lock
The Endura and I assume Delica are easily a one-handed open and close knife. It just takes a little getting used to for closing, but I use my Endura daily and its a piece of cake.

I got a composite Leek and I love it

Attached: leek.jpg (425x425, 16K)

Bam, you never have to worry about fucking up your blade again. Just pop in a new one and you're gtg.

Here's the fucking picture.

Attached: Gerber EAB.jpg (1360x1015, 257K)

Get an opinel number 8.

does anyone know if the rat ii is smaller than my palm? Thant's wht I'm looking for. I want a small knife that i can attacht a lanyard to, to grip

Got that just today for christmas! Been playing with it like a toy all day long. It's got a nice weight, sharp as hell, sturdy lock, easy to engage, great gift.

I think I agree with . I have the Rat 2, and have been thinking of moving to that soon.

The ontario RAT knives are kind of the gold standard for budget edc knives

Personally id go a Spyderco Delica. Lock back makes it a super slim profile, very light weight. The weird shape of it is super ergonomic, full flat ground vg10 blade is excellent for light tasks.

Or if you want to go on an extreme budget, look into Ganzo knives. Cheap chink knives of excellent quality

OP here. Went with the Delica 4. Hoping it holds up to corrosion and rust as I do a lot of work around saltwater.

Nice choice, spyderco actually make a dedicated salt water knife which is 100% rust proof. But the vg10 on the delica will be perfectly fine as long as you dont leave it wet with salt water

Honestly just get a Swiss Army knife.

I use mine all the time. The scissors are awesome for clipping my nails and the tiny blade is great for boxes

Victorinox tinker is my favorite, gets rid of the useless cork screw for a phillips head screw driver. Tooth pick and tweezers have come in handy a few times too.

Definitely one of the better edc options out there

>buying Gerber

Kershaw Skyline
Opinel No 8

Victorinox and Opinel are probably my favourites but they both share a trait I don't like. They don't offer easy disassembling for cleaning purposes.
What knife can I get that offers this in the same style? You know, classic look, no thumb studs, holes ore shit, no clips and no tacticool looks.

good knife but heavy

Got one of them leeks in like 06. Love it. Lost it about a year ago. Got another to replace it.

>They don't offer easy disassembling for cleaning purposes.

Knives aren't like guns where you need to disassemble them to clean them. Having said that, your bet bet would be a simple friction folder like a Svord Peasant knife.

Attached: yhst-129988217023674_2266_8368436.jpg (864x588, 195K)

Fuck, I forgot about that one, literally everything I was looking for, thanks.
I do a lot of food prep with my folding knife so it gets dirty pretty quickly.

its a $10 folding utility knife, who the fuck cares who makes it? besides it's actually pretty nice.

Have a pretty large knife collection ranging from $7- $450 and these little gerbers are what i carry the most lol. Handiest little every day blade ever. Obviously not my reccomendation if youre living in the bush or a fire fighter, cop ect.

I finally gave up on not being a larper and now carry a second knife. It's this. Why? Because it fits anywhere, weighs nothing, and I can abuse the fuck out of it because if and when the blade gets damaged, I just swap it with another one from the ten pack that Lowes sold me for five bux.

Stop being a brand whore

Ive had a skyline for about 6 years or so. Had 2 Leeks before that that broke. One tip broke off, one of them the spring opening mechanism broke. Had a Vapor or something like that that was lost. I like the skyline the most. If it ever breaks or get's lost I plan on replacing it with a another Skyline.

Attached: img-kershaw-skyline-01.jpg (640x289, 21K)

You'll be fine as long as you didnt get the zdp189

This

I got an Endura as my first "real" pocket knife that wasn't trash. I researched it alot.

Fast forward a few years...I got a Delica too and it's by far my preferred EDC. I actually own 4 spiedies at this point.

ruike! cheap sharp and durable.

Attached: knives.jpg (5851x1931, 2.04M)

I bought mine for around $50 it is nice the handle is polymer like a Glock but stronger. it has little flex. and the blade is very heavy and razor sharp you can shave with it out the box.

Attached: EDC1.2.jpg (3158x2256, 1.22M)

I've got a $15 chink Kershaw that I've had for about 10 years now. Forget what model it is but it works and I am able to get it razor sharp and keep it that way through quite a bit of use. Granted it's not a knife I use at work, so it's only in my pocket if I need it, which is not real often.
Pic related. (It's the small one) The """"survival""" knife is just there as a joke. Like it's some kind of good knoife when in reality it's a POS made in Taiwan that will not take an edge.

Attached: rambo shmambo.jpg (3296x2472, 1.12M)

>money in pic

Dude, I'm not sure what your rationale is for including $500 with your EDC, but it comes across as incredibly douchey. Maybe you are thinking "hey in some kind of emergency I might need some cash, so I carry it EDC" but my dude that is cringe worthy as hell.
And yes, I'm obviously jelly that you have $500 and I'm so poor I can't afford to pay attention.

If you want a really thin, inexpensive, light and easy to sharpen knife with a lot of history go for pic related, it's an Otter mercator.

Otherwise go for a Cold steel code 4.

Attached: xdgsxg.jpg (2000x1489, 89K)

What is so difficult to underatnd about that pic? Chances are that of all the things in that pic a bunch of moneey will be the most useful item and the one best suited to get you out of trouble in like 99% of all cases. Provided you dont waer it on a necklace over you sweater.

They're awesome knives. Simple high carbon steel just cuts so well.

>Jelly of $500

What kind of an absolute failure do you have to be to not even have $500?

Unless you're a kid that is

Thats a kershaw chill. They're extremely low profile but still manage to fit my big hands perfectly. Pretty good knife

I just bought a new EDC at Harbor Freight for $6

Where can I get a cool Navaja style knife? I would pick one up when I go to Spain but Im worried the laws are going to make thing difficult.

wasted but czeched

A Karpeter

ok frug

NEIN

damn son... witnessed

Damn I got no answers but I havent gotten digits like that in months

Followed by 66 dubs... What a mad lad

Sorry bro, I'm not to familiar with the style. All I know of is the one in the Spyderco Ethnic line one, but it's a modern take and made in Taiwan... The Cold Steel Espada line as well but same thing and giant.

I have one of those, got it from my dad. He got it free from some paper company. Only thing that sucks is I closed it on the metal loop thing on the bottom a few times. Easy enough to sharpen tho

If you still have the leeks, they're lifetime warranty. Check out the website for the info theyll fix or replace them free.

Absolutely fucking terrible. Your taste is shit. Fuck you. It's a gerber. That automatically means it's shit. You can change the blade! Except it has no blade storage and doesn't have toolless blade changes. Hope you like losing that little screw, it falling out, and having to take it out without a screwdriver.

Get this knife you retarded cumslut.
>blade storage
>easy one hand opening and closing for while you're working
>wire stripper
>you can pretend you know how to work a tool besides your cock holster

God I hate those retarded fucking tiny edc razor knife bullshits so much.

Attached: fastback.jpg (1000x1000, 34K)

That looks like a better option for a tool bag, but fuck if I want to carry a big heavy orange lump in my pocket all the time.

just keep it in your purse

Check out "work pro" utility knives, theyre like a better version of that gerber thing. Pack of 3 for like $10, frame lock, toolless blade change, super slim profile. They're a great deal

Attached: image.jpg (1000x1000, 99K)

anyone collect utility knives too? This might seem like a weird thing but i love all of the different designs out there. I have a few of the original stanley ones. Some of the Olfa snap off types from Japan, and various interesting folding ones.

I open a lot of packages, they do that a whole lot better than regular knives

Attached: image.jpg (1000x1000, 80K)

That actually doesn't look bad at all. Thank you user, I may actually pick up a pack of these.

OI, YA GOT A LOISENCE FA DAT FLIPPY CUTTA?

Heh, folding knife. Get a full tang knife like a real man.

Attached: knife.png (500x500, 559K)

I cannot recommend the Kershaw Leek. Carried for a year and a half. I had the following problems with it.
>Tip of the blade snapped off. Had to file down to remain useful.
>Lots of corrosion despite semi-regular cleanings and lack of water contact.
>The speed-safe assist spring snapped during normal use.
While I like the look, functionality, and steel on the knife; I'm overall disappointed in its performance.

Pic related

Attached: SmartSelect_20181227-122754_Gallery.jpg (1024x565, 353K)

The tips are very fragile its kind of a design flaw. Although that corrosion is bad.

Yep and I convert them to normal blades too

Attached: 68C0F56A-99CB-4741-91E1-8DA21278B346.jpg (2048x2048, 891K)

>What does Jow Forums recommend for

I didn't know the knife I got from gearbest was the clone of some other knife. Oh well.

pros: cheap, light, came in a 3 pack, wouldn't worry about losing
cons: none
S&W extreme ops gets my seal of approval

Attached: IMG_20181227_140321993_HDR.jpg (1836x3264, 1.22M)

Nope, but now I wish I had saved them.

Is the benchmade griptillian worth buying? Never really spent all that much on a single knife but i want an edc thatll last for awhile

Pic related

Attached: Screenshot_20181227-190138_Amazon Shopping.jpg (1439x1277, 335K)

Kershaw leek like your photo

Most of the corrosion was under the plastic spacer, perhaps I need to apply some sealant or grease and tighten it down more once I replace the spring.

$6 Dolla, luv ru rong time cowboy!

Attached: apye5Tn[1].jpg (640x480, 91K)

chinaman very happi good boy

I’ve got a RAT - it’s pretty good. My dad broke another in a long line of cheap pocketknives just before Christmas so I got him the delica. It’s far more than he’d ever spend on one himself but I think he’s deserves himself a better knife at this stage in life.

Most of the Ganzo's and Sanrenmu's are copies of other designs. Lately they've been making their own designs though. Amazing quality for the price

Are they not made in america anymore? Also obligatory

动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 劉曉波动态网自由门

>having one carry knife

Had this for about a year now. Fucking love it.

Attached: knife.jpg (1002x752, 302K)

Based pen poster

I bought a 20 pack like 5 years ago. They're everywhere live rabbits.

You posted it already numbnuts. Get the blackwash though.

>Pilot G2 in 0.7

Go the 0.38 nigger, hell of a pen

Yeah theyre great pens though. Been using them for about 7 years

Such a cool design

literally flawless knife for under $20

Chinks have stepped up their game like mad and they're undercutting everyone else

Attached: image.jpg (1024x758, 714K)

Not at the prices they go for now. They were worth it when they costed the same as the Delica/Endura, but now only the upgraded steel versions are worth it.

Buck 110.

got this as a gift from godfather with a snapon multitool that i never touch cause I have a leatherman OHT. it works, rarely have to sharpen, used it almost everyday for 8 months. i also havent had a nice knife since i broke my spyderco so my input is prolly invalid

Attached: CRACK OFF.jpg (2212x2261, 1.14M)