/brg/ - Battle Rifle General - Xmas Gifts Edition

Battle Rifles predate links

Post Christmas loot

No Century or SCAR 16s allowed

Attached: Screenshot_20181225-193001_Gallery.jpg (556x1474, 785K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cruffler.com/trivia-April01-tools.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what's the problem with HK's MR762? Aside from the price.

Bad trigger discipline but quite a nice rifle, I think.

Attached: cutem14.jpg (1944x2592, 370K)

I was just about to ask for this picture. Is brg home of the cute traps?

IN

Attached: bigboi.jpg (1242x1858, 1.09M)

I've been looking for you guys. Recommendations on a good first battle rifle? I want something fun to shoot, and utilitarian if needs be. I kind of waiver back and forth between FAL and PTR 91.

Voyager FALs are 999. Loving mine so far. Can put a carry handle on later if you want. Rhodies didn't though.

Attached: 20181216_013557.jpg (4032x1960, 2.17M)

I heard some FALs have problems with chewing up brass. How does yours do?

What's the difference between the voyager and normal FAL aside from furniture, rear sight, and no bipod cut?

Not as bad as an HK
The surplus mags fuck it up good. I'm going to sand down the feed lips on one and see how it goes. The poly DSA mag doesn't. These were chambered over 5 times as I was testing mags so this is more excessive than usual.
The bolt grabs them hard but they're reloadable. Interested to see how many times they'll reload, waiting on powder.

Attached: 20181222_124250.jpg (4032x1960, 1.93M)

Good to know

Why don't you turn down the gas and/or use a faster burning powder?

Only if they're overgassed. The other source of damage is due to how to it ejects and how there is no brass deflector. It will mark up the receiver directly behind the ejection port too. I have that issue on my FN49. But it isnt a receiver it hits, it's the stripper guide, which puts big ol dents in the brass. They are totally unusable.

Should I upgrade my M1A with a new spring and stock, or just sell it for a decent AR-10?

posting my battle raifu

Attached: 76543456543erfd.jpg (1121x2045, 310K)

Just surplus m80 ball, no idea what the powder is. Turned the gas down to stack brass at 2 o clock 8' out.

Eh. You could probably go down one more. Am I seeing the brass chipping around the rim? That might be sign of a weak extractor spring. If its sliding off the edge of the rim and taking some brass with it.

I was abusing those rounds with no intention of firing them. They were slammed in and out a few times causing the damage

Attached: C5346913-1DBD-4DF3-B3EF-7A4125E84B89.jpg (576x717, 62K)

no one?

wrote this on /arg/ already

any AR10 / AR 308 users in here ?

what size are your takedown pins ?

I have a german Oberland Arms Armalite pattern AR10 complete rifle here with .250" pins
and an LMT lower with .275" pins

and I'm trying to figure out how to mate them with the least amount of fuckery

Anyone else get a PTR91 in the last year or two? Why did mine come in a fucking cardboard box?

Lad this is why most of us avoided AR10s to begin with. Have fun I guess.

Fuck it, let's make this about being real fucking NATO.

What cartridges do you fags usually use? List your gat with it. Preferred manufacturer? How's your groupings if you pay attention to that beyond merely hitting the target? What distances do you tend to plink at?
I tend to use some m80 ball 7.62 made by Prvi, iirc it's 145gr. Fire it from my M1A and HK91. I don't pay a huge amount of attention to grouping aside making certain I can hit shit, stigmatism in the firing eye sucks ass. Up to 50m, but I'd really like to find longer range to fire from without bulldozing the woods downback.

Also is there anywhere I can get M61 or M80A1 ammunition even if I have to reload? I'm mildly interested in dicking around with it for fun and to see what happens when it hits bowling pins against the sandpit.

Attached: Made+in+abyss+comp+spoilers+aheadbored+feel+like+posting+some_a1f185_6596753.jpg (1200x1188, 156K)

Got some PMC m80 that I haven't shot for groups yet. Was plinking at an 8x12 at 140y offhand and doing all right.
Waiting on powder and going to reload some 150gr cheapo hornady even though 1:10 twist prefers heavier. They were sold out of 500 packs of 180gr

Attached: received_2245154662420767.jpg (1960x4032, 896K)

Hornady? Is it SP or ballistic capped?

AR10s are bought, not built unless you're really patient and good at doing your homework and ready to spend more money than you thought you would.

>armalite headspacing barrels with DPMS length gas systems and vice versa
>are you sure that's the right buffer m8
>lol receivers don't match
>we lied, not all trigger groups are compatible with all receivers and all bolt carriers, some hammers will excessively drag and catch on the bcg

.308 ARs come in different patterns depending on who manufactured them.

You bought incompatible parts.

>battle rifle General
>trap containment
Well that's not what I'd expect and it's objectively gay but alright

>What is the answer to my question besides the answer to my question?

If you want something easier to get started with, I'd suggest the PTR. The FAL is a beautiful rifle, but the gas system can be picky, mags are more expensive, and unless you're willing to pay for something more expensive, the Voyager loses a lot of the FAL aesthetic.

Got a Lel-Kek RFB I gotta pick up outta layaway next time I got to the next town over to the gun shop

no fucking shit

that's why I'm asking people that have 308 ARs what size takedown pin they have

>You will never own a real full auto M14 or G3
Why even live?

Attached: D9708B22-5593-45D3-8AF8-760E47F2AE2F.jpg (522x391, 30K)

This stuff. Haven't opened it yet. Where are your calipers?

Attached: received_2196762020561974.jpg (1952x4032, 248K)

Ah, normally when I hear Hornady it's for SP/Ballistic caps of some type. FMJBT is fairly normal so yeah it'll do you well.

>no century
Rude. Took her out on Sunday and ran through 200 rounds with no issues. Even locks back on gas setting 4. Guess I got lucky ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Attached: 20181223_130310.jpg (2576x1932, 1.13M)

Century's low prices tend to be because you're paying for a coin flip rather than a functioning gun.

Attached: baking with FAL.jpg (2971x1569, 984K)

What's the best battle rifle and why is it the PTR91?

Attached: snowleopardDu8gCQ_UUAAoU9x.jpg (1533x2047, 249K)

Eh, that's why I felt comfortable only spending $650.

>Where are your calipers?
on the workbench right next to me

Please post more traps thanks

Attached: download.jpg (194x259, 7K)

Just looking to make something slightly better than m80 ball for under 45cpr for plinking. Be cheaper after reusing the brass a couple times. If they don't get trashed
So what's the problem? Measure the takedown holes and go buy some

Attached: 20181222_122304.jpg (4032x1960, 2.41M)

user, when building an AR-10, you buy a receiver set not individual receivers from different manufacturers.

Your fuck up was an expensive fuckup.

How to adjust the gas system in my G3? Haven't had it long.

Good bait

dude I'm asking other people what their takedown pin size is

not my own since I have already measured that

my fuckup was no fuckup at all
I'm just gonna make my own pins

I just want to know what sizes other manufacturers use

>he didn't get an m1a, FAL, PTR or SCAR
JUST FUCK HIS SHIT UP

That info isn't online? I mean yeah make em if you can

europe isn't the land of the free
no FAL/PTR/SCAR for me

I've spent the last 2 days looking up AR10 takedown pin sizes

most manufacturers don't list dimensions besides length

gonna fire up the lathe tomorrow and turn down a bolt to the right dimensions and drill/tap a thread into the left side for a thumbscrew

Hol' up
So you be sayin'

You can get an Adolf's Rifle-10 dead kids or your money back

But you can't get a fucking FAL, HK91/Cetme clone or SCAR?

yes

whitelist bullshit of allowed sporting rifles

What’s the consensus on the stag-10?

France?
Hm I figured since they're not standard you could find those specs online

>he can get the Amerimutt .308 abomination but not one of Europe's great battle rifles
I'm so fucking depressed right now.

Austria

Cheapest place to get a PTR91 GI?

What guns can you get? Semi AUGs?
Pawn shop

Would it be cheaper to build my fal parts kit or get it built for me? I have zero gunsmithing experience and no fal tools. But I do have access to a machine shop.
If getting it built, who is reputable and how do I go about shipping it?

1k bucks for tools to build one

That seems a little steep, any links?

cruffler.com/trivia-April01-tools.html

Links go dead for the fal specific tools. Im interested in how much those cost as I have the general tools for car projects.

Arizona response says they charge 350$ probability closer to 400 including shipping. Is that a decent place?

Its just a guideline. Check out DSA for some specific tools.
No idea about that company. It sucks because FALs used to be cheap but DSA does make good stuff. Short gas sys does have reduced accuracy

Attached: 1492273957989.jpg (800x425, 153K)

It really isn't, though. Only poor people who never put in any serious time with a modern BR actually believe you.

Why not try a FBS Gen III

When will they learn?

Attached: twinkboyfinnagetturnt.jpg (1134x2016, 517K)

so it's just the price? Then all the people on here crying about it being bad is not because of any other factor than the pricepoint that's the same as a SCAR17?

what are actually modern BR's we have?
SCAR H
HK762
??Are those the only 2 in service?

MR308/HK762 looks like an AR patterned rifle.

Also, anyone know what tf the fourth/bottom rifle is? I recognize the first 3 as FAL, M14, and G3.

Attached: MMS_918.jpg (1600x956, 248K)

Its a Sig 510

My bad with that cartridge its a Stgw 57
The 510 is in .308

In case I can someday

If you insist on military service, all the "modern BRs" are really just fulfilling a DMR-type role.

>so it's just the price?
Well, it's more the problem that it's an HK which entails problems with price, but also they have a thing about making shit proprietary.

Not aus user but you can get EU legal ar's and the AUG for semi autos. There is a lot of milsurp. The gayest parts are you can only shoot at approved ranges and you have weapon slot for only two guns

Finally got everything running good

Attached: imbel_dsapara.png (398x1084, 609K)

>full auto M14

Attached: For_what_purpose.jpg (323x454, 25K)

Anyone have bill Springfield FAL trigger job?
I weap for their souls. Only death is their release.
Nice

That's how they come now, ptr stopped doing plastic cases. Shoulda got a c308.

>Shoulda got a c308.
Good joke aniki. Leaves me a little bum bothered though, oh well.

Yeah the rifles are the same though so it's not a big deal, the hard cases weren't big enough to fit a rifle with scope anyway.

alrighty. I thought there was something wrong with the system itself or that it was inaccurate or unreliable etc etc.

Does this trap’s ass stink like most of them do?

Kill yourself you faggot.

What powders do you use in your BRs?

Closest weapon to the halo 3 BR?

Attached: DUl8D7XU8AAJdu9.jpg (600x458, 70K)

Thanks, man.

Kel Tec RFB

Attached: 1765432543211432.jpg (640x426, 23K)

Design/QC is almost never the issue with HK firearms. Price point and proprietary shit almost always is the problem with HK firearms. I wish they had more manufacturing in the US so we could get HK roller locks for a SLIGHTLY more reasonable price than pre-ban guns command, but HK is beholden to the German government and the German government is run by fucking anti-gun pinko faggots so here we are. Believe me, with the money problems they are having they would gladly jump into the US market if they could, it's the single largest buyer of guns on the planet, larger than NATO or any police force.

What should I do with my century fal should I keep it and fix it up
>Needs to have canted sights fixed, pair job, and polished feed ramps
Or just get a better fal and keep it for parts.
Maybe I should just sell it and get a M1A idk

Attached: guns-106a (1).jpg (1024x768, 180K)

Anyone know where you can buy FN FAL(metric) barrels? beside DSA?

Don't get an M1A

Now I'm not him but I'm getting an m1a whether you like it or not user.
I've got 2 ptr rifles already so the ptr 91 will wait for now.

My plan worked :^)
But don't trade a FAL for an M1A. Get both

The worst part about this is that ancient tiny tv on the wall like what the fuck throw that shit out

Oh true I wouldn't trade any battle rifle for another unless a specific model was in my sights.
FAL is last on my list and may not be for a few years unfortunately

No you absolute retard. Crts have a market now. Sell it on ebay. Retro gamers eat that shit up.
t. casual consumer of outdated vidya

retro gamers are faggits just get a rom/emulator

Not the same kid.
but really the visuals are not the same and sound can be a bit wonky. Emulators are not perfect still. Plus I enjoy the whole blast to the past kinda feel and the games retain or gain value which is hilarious