Anybody use these cartridges? I would, but of all the calibers I load they don't supply any

Anybody use these cartridges? I would, but of all the calibers I load they don't supply any

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-12-25 at 5.09.59 PM.png (1114x796, 276K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HCUgPuQZKh4
www2.ucdsb.on.ca/tiss/stretton/database/specific_heat_capacity_table.html)
globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/4-30-13/appd.htm)
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20494533)
ballistics101.com/32_acp.php)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's the catch

The only catch is limited calibers. They're super cheap, too

+P+ torture test
youtube.com/watch?v=HCUgPuQZKh4
Maybe I could push 9mm to 357sig performance?

>ejects cool to touch
So doesn't transfer the heat away from the gun as it should?

Ive seen these at the range on the ground
So dont use these in a crime

a solution looking for a problem

>brass is expensive
>brass is weak
>not a problem

>can be reloaded 4-5 times without issue
>this is too weak

lol, the state of you

>I don't like saving money or having the ability to use +P+ rounds

+p+ is a stupid meme

It's stronger, regardless. This helps especially with some barrels which are notoriously bad for reloading (looking at you, Glock).
And cheaper.
And you can pick them up with a magnet

brass doesn't remove a significant amount of heat from a gun
I wish this fuddlore would die

Why do you say it's fuddlore?

The statement has no studies or evidence to back up the claim that it cools the weapon.

Attached: 5c218e9708f3d9161f8b45671.jpg (824x464, 57K)

You don't need to publish a study to understand thermodynamics. Combustion generates heat, and that heat will go somewhere, either to the barrel, chamber, whatever. But the fact the the case is hot when it comes out of the gun shows that it's heat that is not in the gun.

Well if the brass is hot when it previously wasn't, it absorbed heat from something. This is extremely obvious and basic thermodynamics that more or less everyone above the age of ten is aware of. If the new whatever doesn't eject hot, then the heat that was previously being absorbed by the brass is now being absorbed by something else. By all means tell me where it's going if not the gun. Maybe the bullet is getting even hotter. I dunno, but I doubt it.

are you dumb? one of the main big issues with the G11 was overheating since there were no cases to carry heat away. it may not be a massive amount each case carries but it does make a difference

Then why are you so resistant to actually providing documented evidence for the statement?

How much change in temperature does the gun experience? Percentage wise and is that amount statistically significant. If you want any reasonable person to accept this the burden of proof is on you. Why is this so difficult to understand? You're like those fudds that swear a .45acp throws people back 5 feet when they're short or the idiots at the range that claim 5.56 can't go through a loaf of wonder bread.
You need evidence, none of which has been provided.

Attached: neck_snappers.webm (640x800, 2.93M)

Do you have brain damage? Try catch used casing after shot, and tell us if it's cool.

What is the change of temperature in the firearm and is it statistically significant? I'm not saying casings are cold, I'm asking if it even fucking matters. No one has answered this. I want evidence. That's it, without evidence it's dismissed as fudd.

Attached: Wonder_Woman_2x04_7.webm (640x360, 2.98M)

Internal energy of incomprehensible substance: U=mcT

Brass has a specific heat capacity of around 0.380 J/g*C. Granted, heat capacity can change very slightly under different conditions but it will definitely stay very close to 0.380
(www2.ucdsb.on.ca/tiss/stretton/database/specific_heat_capacity_table.html)

A 556 casing weights around ~6.123g
(globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/4-30-13/appd.htm)

Temperature of ejected brass can have some variance. Brass 9mm is normally around ~70C, Al are around ~90C but pistol rounds are far more mild than rifle rounds. You can see tons of meltdowns on YouTube where 9mm just doesn't generate much heat to "kill" a gun. (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20494533)

So lets go with something conservative for a rifle round: Assuming the casing leaving the rifle is 200F (93.3333C)

That gives us:

0.380(J/g*C)*6.123g*93.333C = 217.16J of energy per ejected brass.

That's around the energy of the kinetic energy of a +P loaded .32ACP. (ballistics101.com/32_acp.php)

The case also serves as insulation and it holds in some hot gases which have internal energies as well. Although calculating insulation properties from a combustion other such stuff is more involved. I dunno if I made a mistake but my napkin math puts a single ejected 556 case in the ballpark of 200J of energy.