AR thread /arg/

/arg/
AR thread
Bullyzone
DWB containment zone

Lightweight optics edition

Old

Attached: 20171215_092336_HDR-1.jpg (1769x2827, 959K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tacswap.com/post/5c22ef3720ddf50011f748be
danieldefense.com/cold-hammer-forged-barrels/11-5-inch-chf-barrels/11-5-5-56mm-carbine-1-7-government-profile.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

we SC/ARG/ now

>tfw poor

whats a good price for a Colt 6920 and an aimpoint PRO? looking to downgrade to a PSA freedom and a vortex spitfire

>inb4 buy both

there is, IMO, no reason to own two DI AR's in the same configuration

Attached: 46477015_2114350248895299_1621887742411538432_n.jpg (383x674, 33K)

>no reason
>he doesn't want a rack of multiple, identical, serialized M4geries

AR 10 MASTER RACE REPORTING IN

Attached: 20181221_203026.jpg (4032x3024, 2.7M)

I like how Dwb is the joke of several servers or getting banned from any discord server

i might just end up trading the colt for an ar15a4

am actually looking at building an AR-10 over the next year. Do you know anything about Faxon barrels? I'm hearing that those are the way to go.

ok shitguns

Poorfag tips:
Instead of buying a good rail, buy the cheapest tin can tube you can and say handguards aren't for precision optics.
Got a basic M4 stock and wanted something a little more solid, maybe even fixed but don't have money, which makes permanent modifications as unappealing as buying new shit? Take it off and add shim material in the form of electrical tape. Don't use too much or go too thick. Start with one band, and you shouldn't need more thickness than that.
Yeah, holosun, PA, and vortex are good enough. So is that UTG flashlight.
All irons are the same as far as your fingers can detect wobble, even if they cost $30 for a pair.
Mismatched finishes are a fashion statement.
Instead of building a 300blk piston SBR upper just saw the front off an AK47

Opinions on the BCM QRF handguard?

Gucci tryhard tips:
Instead of buying a good rail, buy the most expensive tin can tube you can and say it's saving weight, and that you never drop your rifle anyways.
Got a basic M4 stock and want something a little more solid, maybe even fixed? $300 can fix that problem.
Holosan, PA, and vortex are shit and would break after five minutes in the sandbox. Aimpoint. Now that's an optic. Who said sight? It's called a fucking optic. Don't forget to get a real weapons light for your ar15 weapons platform, kid. Those cheaper ones break under recoil because they're cheap.
If your picatinny-mount irons costed less than $100 each you're won't be able to hit shit and they'll probably break after two rounds.
Mismatched finishes are a fashion statement.
instead of building a 300blk piston "pistol" upper, SBR it so you don't have to have an ugly brace instead of a real stock.
Not getting (you)s yet? Buy a SCAR or an AUG as a last resort.

6/10

So they're good enough for irons and beamz?

Pretty good, actually.

I don't have SCAR money. Is a cz bren a good substitute?

free float handguards are never good enough for irons. get an FSB.

Attached: 1545690361171.jpg (640x969, 49K)

yes, please get one.

Attached: 60C8260E-329F-4651-9AEA-949AB740C916.jpg (960x960, 118K)

I mean that's one type of mounting system from one handguard, not even all geissele handguards mount the same as the mk16. you cant throw all free floated handguards under the bus, you simply lack enough proof.

>Mismatched finishes are a fashion statement.

can confirm

Attached: 00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20180315161540071.jpg (1613x1210, 850K)

Anybody have a vortex razor gen II?

Pretty much sold on this optic, and just want to hear some first hand experience from /arg/

>lighter, thinner aluminum than the receiver
>that particular handguard was 6061
>only solidly mounted at one end, the barrel nut
>the end furthest from that bends when dropped big surprise

i mean maybe you should go for something shorter, thicker, and made of a stronger alloy if you don't want it to be bend. a lot of handguards will temporarily flex from being used with the far end of a rest.

G only uses 6061 in handguards

I'm not asking about the mk16, I'm asking about the QRF. You have drop tests to prove it shifts zero like the mk16 does?

buy one and drop it onto concrete from 1.5m, ask a reviewer to try it for you, or use an already tested configuration you know is good enough

Or just stop being a mong and drop the iron sights.

>owning a rifle without irons

are you a fudd?

Attached: 1gjkwy.jpg (591x336, 26K)

>get a Fostech Echo binary trigger for Christmas

>it doesn't work with my 9mm SBR

Welp.

Attached: download.jpg (512x512, 34K)

Dwb the kind of nigga to buy a Gucci wallet and never has cash in it.

Like a nog owning a lime green painted Buick on 30" wheels but never has money for gas, he's ghetto rich.

>gucci wallet

gucci is actually trash. its just a metaphor here. id get a Saint Laurent wallet.

Wallet needs to carry what? Half a dozen cards? Thin and light is best

>9mm sbr

Serves you right.faggot

Dwb the kind of nigga to buy a 3k rifle and spend another $600 to make it good

I guess you hate fun.

9mm SBR is a fucking riot with suppressor and subsonic loads.

>3k rifle

if only you knew how bad things really were. Im ~$5,250 into this rifle and still a long way from where i want to be. im not even close yet.

Can I play too guise?

MDI SLR receiver kit (maplefag) with all-Canadian parts from Maple Ridge and S&J except for the Magpul stock, irons, and pistol grip, and the Bushnell scope I ripped off another rifle (considering an Elcan Spectre instead, but I like the reticle on the Bushnell a lot). Also recently bought a CMMG .22lr drop-in adapter to cut down on training ammo costs.
>inb4 poverty-tier light
It was dirt-cheap on Amazon, has withstood three rifles’ worth of torture, and has a pretty good throw.

Attached: 78C17AA8-67D1-49F2-B803-E0D53AEB129C.jpg (1136x640, 171K)

switched from desktop to laptop. forgot trip.

generic zoomer rifle

Thoughts on EOTech 518?

Dwb the kind of nigga to give ash a reach around and ask for some more, sir.

Next AR build I want an SBR and suppressor, but am poorfag and impatient
Should I go with a 16in barrel and add a removable fake suppressor shroud or a 12in barrel with a 4in permanent fake suppressor extension?

Try not being poor first.
Being more paitent helps with that

Heavy

Hey ARG, I'm a no guns. I just got a bench vise for Christmas and I want to build my first AR.
Besides an AR wrench, bev block and some punches, what else do I need?

Attached: vise.png (460x310, 168K)

>I want an SBR and suppressor, but am poorfag and impatient

So? get a fucking SBR and suppressor.

Torque wrench, hammer, lube, loctite

I think I might get myself a Canik TP9SFX

How many people do you know that have an optic on their rifle and used the back up iron sights for anything other than making sure they still know how to use iron sights?

>AR thread /arg/ Anonymous

Attached: SEXY ARG (2000x1263).jpg (2000x1263, 186K)

Building an AR literally only requires a pair of vice grips with the teeth wrapped in electrical tape to not scratch the castle and barrel nuts... and a maybe flat piece of metal to hold the springs when you're installing the pins in the lower. Everything else is unnecessary. A pair of soft jaws for the vice wouldn't hurt though so it doesn't damage the gun parts.

Sounds like a great way to build in ar

Build a 10.5” pistol with the cheapest brace on the market. Sbr that bitch. Get the yankee hill turbo.

Attached: 00828398-FBEF-4467-98D0-CB961B5A3E03.jpg (750x547, 164K)

I'm looking to upgrade my AR with some holiday money, as you can see I've got a UBR on it. I need recommendations for a new buffer system
>VLTOR A5 buffer
>BCM A5 buffer
>Geiselle Super 42
Which system is the best? Which will get me the lowest recoil and best performance? Thanks!

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2018-11-30 at 3.46.02 PM.jpg (1200x1600, 792K)

b5 sopmod
keep the standard buffer/spring, it's not worth the upgrade

Call me retarded but I love the UBR, do all the other options offer literally nothing or are you memeing me

What exactly do I need to knock the pin on the sling attachment out of the front sight block?

>UBR
Replace that with a B5 sopmod enhanced and A5 buffer from VLTOR.

If you want to be a faggot and keep the UBR just add VLTOR buffer+spring

Retard

they don't offer anything, there are 4 ways to reduce recoil.

1-less gas
2- heavier buffer(same effect as less gas)
3-muzzle brake
4-lighter operating system

best value is brake

is this a good deal? tacswap.com/post/5c22ef3720ddf50011f748be

Ehh; some things are generic for a reason.

or he can save money and get a h3 buffer and mix weight for lower carrier velocity

No

Faxon is OK but if you're going for a precision build I recommend Criterion.

Attached: 2018-12-24 23.07.16.jpg (2165x1021, 1.22M)

Why do you say that, I was under the impression the A5 system is proven to lower recoil

I've been told get VLTOR over BCM other places too, why is that?

Everyone have a good Christmas?

Attached: IMG_20181216_160002.jpg (4032x1780, 3.48M)

>Why do you say that
There are a few brainlets ITT who dont understand how ARs work
>I've been told get VLTOR over BCM other places too, why is that?
No perticular reason, you could always pick vseven if you wanted to burn money. BCM is most likely OEMd by VLTOR anyway

Fake and gay

fugging DWB

They're great, believe the hype. I recommend throwing down for the Gen II-E, it's several ounces lighter.

Attached: DSCN1978.jpg (1434x2284, 1.16M)

Mine was pretty meh. Got enough money for a decent pistol though.

WHAT? THE BEST GUY YOU KNOW IS SNAKE?

Attached: muzzle brake.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

i mean every other guy under 30 has a rifle like that because every other guy under 30 has a rifle like that, and currently they're all seething because those long stylish mlok rails bend when dropped (who knew?)

Faxon good to go. I did an AR10 build using one and got a 0.919" average group from four 5-shot groups of 168 Federal Gold Medal Match.

Inferior to an MCMR.

Eotech trash. You can spend $550 on a brand new 2018 EXPS 3 and it comes with a little EoCuck card saying that their optics still might have up to 4" of POA shift at 100 yards when subjected to temperature swings that are completely realistic to experience in hard use.

Attached: DSC03323.jpg (4440x2960, 3.53M)

Offer him 7.

Good to know!

Attached: 20181208_114108.jpg (3553x1305, 3.53M)

>go from an red dot to a scope because astigmatism keeps me from hitting shit/seeing the target past 50 yards
>most of the range of the adjustable stock is now useless because it puts me out of the eyebox

Changing from red dot to an ACOG was a huge shock but after a couple range trips I cant think of going back

Wuggy what's your take on the mk16 handguard losing iron sight zero with drop tests?
Are all free float handguards suspect or does the mk16 just have a shit mounting setup?

Wait for the bren2

Is A4 barrel extension different than M4?

Arent iron sights like the most fudd thing in existance?

heavier buffer or stiffer spring giving the same result as less gas

>mlok and keymod both require that the handguard be thin
>most are made of 6061 aluminum
>the longer the object the less stiff it is
>handguard is only braced against the barrel nut, nothing in the middle or at the end, because free float
>mlok handguard is thin, long, made of flexible metal, and not supported by much

basic logic says it's inherent to the design.

or do the right thing and use a longer gas system to reduce port erosion and BCG wear

Are hydraulic buffers a meme?

hey, fucktard, the a5 has an h3 equivalent buffer so it slows the carrier down.

my point 2

no, until they fail then yes

cool, that's not what the guy asked

>so it slows the carrier down.
>but dont get an a5

I know your take, user, you've spouted the same shit over and over with the only evidence being the mk16 specifically.
You dont have to keep spamming it.
I was asking someone that actually shoots.

yes save some money and get an h3

>Ash
>Buying a pistol
The fat retard will probably get a springfield xd

danieldefense.com/cold-hammer-forged-barrels/11-5-inch-chf-barrels/11-5-5-56mm-carbine-1-7-government-profile.html

This barrel says the extension is A4.
So should I get a reciever with M4 feedramps or no?

yes