What's Jow Forums's opinion of the RIP (Radically Invasive Projectile)?

What's Jow Forums's opinion of the RIP (Radically Invasive Projectile)?

Attached: 436x660xg2p-rip-bullet-damage-436x660.jpg.pagespeed.ic_.eYx4ySioT__0.jpg (916x657, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=psGFPRpWZ3w
youtu.be/nyLVu_3pOO4
youtu.be/SvxLpaghL4o
youtu.be/9mRnwypLzDA
law.umich.edu/special/exoneration/Pages/casedetail.aspx?caseid=4266
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shit meme and the data shows it

It's made to look "scary", not to actually be a good bullet design.

Marketing at it’s finest
They are barely a step up for less than lethal munitions

wow i know what ammo to buy if i ever get attacked by pumpkins.

Not enough, chump.

Attached: pumpkinhead.jpg (1280x960, 160K)

What are you on about, mate.

Attached: pumpkin.gif (569x320, 1.52M)

God over the garden wall was great

Agreed. Straight up wholesome and amazing story. I tell everyone to watch it.

Attached: the_beast.gif (500x280, 606K)

>I want to go to prison/ be sued edition

That is the gimmickiest gimmick that ever came to gimmicktown

It's about as effective as using birdshot in your 12ga.

i literally have no knowledge of ballistics but wouldn’t multiple small projectiles be less damaging?

Yes, less mass = less penetration and they're solid copper so no expansion of the petals themselves

>RIP ammo in .40 S&W.
Most useless thing to ever exist?

>Most useless thing to ever exist

>While any 9mm cartridge exists

Meme round

RIP RIP, nigga............RIP

HAD TA GET IT POPPIN OFF DA RIP
RICH YUNG NIGGA THAT AINT NEVA HADTA TRIP

>9mm useless
World Wars were fought with this cartridge.
Must be trash at killing humans.

>World Wars were fought with this cartridge.

By the side that lost

It must've been pretty effective considering it was adopted by the whole fucking world after the fact.

Good way to get the jury to side against you in a court ruling.

OtGW threads on /co/ these days have to deal with an obsessive Wirt/Beatrice shipper. Feels bad, man.

All the effectiveness of .22 ratshot at .45-70 prices. The 12ga shells they released cost $10 a round.

holy shit nobody here actually kills people fuck off

>effective

>cheap

FTFY

>holy shit nobody here actually kills people fuck off

Attached: z765d8.gif (480x287, 1.21M)

comes with free hat with purchase

Attached: 1542419609214.jpg (658x901, 49K)

Don't have to worry about that you won't kill anyone with RIP ammo in the first place.

It's just a gimmick. FMJ works just fine.

>takes 10 bullets to kill someone and they still might not be dead

trade it in bro

yeah we buy these expensive bullets to carve stars into pumpkins.

guns are for killing people, moron. the entire reason the right to them is in the constitution is so the government fears death if it oversteps its bound (that assumed a population with detectable testosterone levels though).

youtube.com/watch?v=psGFPRpWZ3w

also rip in peace to this guy, did a ton of great ammo vids

>check fatality statistics
>9mm falls behind 45acp by half a shot needed to stop and only because statistics are muddled by people using FMJ and 45acp users stereotypically getting more range time

everything under 10mm is basically the same

I own a box and it did some cool damage to a pumpkin, I’d probably use it on a rabid dog or something. If you got property shooting rabbits with this would be a hoot.

Attached: 328D35DA-6A59-4832-B2A1-11C1C00A350B.jpg (1122x2208, 476K)

but last time i brought up ammo in self defense, literally everyone replied to me saying "lol its not true it doesnt matter what ammo you use no judge or jury would base or influence their decisions because of ammo".

who the fuck is lying to me

There’s no case where that’s ever been a major factor. We have a guy on this board who cc’s a desert eagle.

Snake Oil

I think the 12-Gauge birdshot might actually be better.

nigger ballistics on that thing are probably trash, the simpler the shape the better. If you want to fuck shit up, just get high-point. This shit is probably some overpriced gay shit that barely works, or if it does, isn't worth it. Also if you get hit by some boomer fudd's DURR rifle, you'd probably be fucked enough, and stagger, then get shot again. No need for fancy shattering bullets, all you need is good marksmanship.

Yes. The pointy bits break off early in the wound and mostly just fidget about at a shallow depth, leaving you a disc shaped projectile that is even lighter than the lighter weight it was before.

Performance is woefully poor, the 9mm Luger load can be compared to a .32ACP bullet and a little bit of birdshot.

Britain and Canada lost World War 2?

Radically Retarded

Wasn't there some guy in AZ where the prosecutor said using a 10mm was evidence of malice? Harold Fish or something like that

No, the prosecution brought up the 10mm, but what fucked the guy was that the judge absolutely refused to hear the defense's argument about fearing for his life (for some reason).

He could have carried a little .32ACP pocket gun and it wouldn't have saved him from a retarded judge. Anyway, the guy did a few years in prison, but eventually it was judged a mistrial and he was released and freed from all charges.
It's kind of not bog standard defensive shooting case.

A hollow point would have torn that pumpkin to pieces

Do they ever shoot pigs or ballasfics gel with bones and organs and shit in them?

Pumpkins aren't exactly a good analouge to humans.

What if it had a penetrator in the middle?

Either you get fucked for using an "unnecessary" level of force by mag dumping on him with this shit, or get fucked for taking the opurtunity to remove yourself after the first shot while not providing immediate first aid to your assaialant (dependant on your state/local laws of course).

literally the only people buying .40 guns in the current year are poorfags like you who buy police trade ins and don't think about ammo costs because they never shoot.

Bingo. Same fucking .40 shill has been spreading his retardation all over Jow Forums since at least the summer. He likes to bring up exception to the rule .40 loads that perform 10-20% better than the best 9mm +P when all he'll ever shoot is shitty 180 gr .40 that leaves the barrel at subsonic speeds.

fragmenting works extremely well on bullets fired at rifle velocities to where the fragments penetrate deep enough to kill. Pistols calibers dont send the fragments deep enough and end up being wasted mass offering little more than flesh wounds. The first 2-4" of ballistic gel is often compared to breaking skin and reaching only the most surface muscles which is roughly where these things are at.
With any fragmenting design you have the potential to do a lot of damage to man or beast but the lack of momentum is the enemy when you cant reliably reach anything vital with it. Even big game like elk shot in shoulders can be taken with a big enough, fast enough bullet and if youve ever seen one hit with a 200+ grain bullet fragmenting at over 2000 fps youll see what a lightning bolt thrown by zeus would do dropping an animal.

kek, theres millions of dead communists on the eastern front that personally know how weak 9mm is. Many millions more dead communist than 45 ever will kill.

Even more who understand 9mm makarov lol

Liberty civil defense ammo is basically all the memes about this and black talons combined, it actually penetrates body armor, and leaves an insane temporary cavity / fragment channel.

Rip projectiles are so poorly designed they cant load them past 350 ft lbs of energy, even in 10mm. 9mm liberty gets over 500.

youtu.be/nyLVu_3pOO4

Watch paul harrels video

Lost while getting 6-1 kill ratios when properly supplied

Based 10mm bro

Why not use liberty and make varmints *pop*?

youtu.be/SvxLpaghL4o

Being a .40 shill is a cold and lonely road to take.

Attached: huge flask.gif (360x270, 2.27M)

This, the riddle of steel applies to modern arms as well. Steel isnt strong, what is steel compared to the hand that wields it.

Harold phish went to jail for using a 10mm

The trocars would still be a waste of energy, and the bay already does what your suggesting

youtu.be/9mRnwypLzDA

Jeagers videos on .40 are kino

10mm master race

Video is missing the mulatto grandkids.

Why is ammo packed so inefficiently? Can't they be closer together?

to make the box look bigger goy

I've heard the only practical situation for these rounds would be for an air Marshall since they hardly penetrate the target

Nigga just buy real ammo

Attached: 388966.jpg (880x660, 133K)

BIGBOX© for your BIGCOOL© RIP© rounds so you can look BIGCOOL© when you buy them.

I never understood why Federal packs their 9mm in such wide trays. Its not fucking eggs like an egg carton

Attached: MVG.png (658x768, 185K)

lmao ok then "free spirit" go and buy your shitty overpriced meme ammo

Attached: 1543280172399.png (600x600, 9K)

But Hornady isn't really affordable.

or particularly good.

I fucking love abstract merchants

Attached: 1545511783681.jpg (416x421, 3K)

>dumb goy doesnt even know he is the one buying shitty overpriced meme ammo

People who complain about the price of moderately-priced defensive ammo are retards.

And so is the "FMJ is fine" guy.

Pissed it wasnt on this year for halloween, thanksgiving or christmas.

Might as well shoot someone with a barrell full of rock salt.

*sips*

No. They took a video of them shooting a grocery store chicken, which is hilarious because chickens don't exactly have the same kind of muscles as a human, and their bones are fragile like saltine crackers.

It's a complete bullshit product by a bullshit company.

Looks fine to me.

The shilling isn't even hidden anymore. Might as well include the brand you are trying to sell.

Attached: 1489923990223.jpg (413x395, 32K)

Tell us more about body count, Westmorelad

No, see Harold Fish didn't go to jail because he used a 10mm pistol, Harold Fish went to jail because the judge was a fucking retard who refused to hear his case in court, and a couple of years later this case was ruled a mistrial and he was released and freed of all charges, because another judge looked at it and said "This is obviously self-defense, what the fuck?"

He could have used a little Colt .25 Vest Pocket, or a BFR built in .50 Alaskan, it wouldn't have made a goddamn fucking difference in this case, and you shit eating retards need to stop regurgitating that completely false anecdote.

Its not about metal or flesh, but the iron will!

Not him, but you'd just settle for FMJ?

IIRC it was his dumb fuck lawyer that didn't bring up Brown vs US where a man should not consider the weapon he chooses to defend himself with. It was a huge farce but every retard on Jow Forums and elsewhere will cite it like fuddlore instead of actually looking at what happened.

stop saying this made up shit.

Absolute trash. Only good meme rounds are FTMs, aka magic flutes.

Attached: rest in peace RIP rounds.jpg (4032x3024, 2.07M)

To be fair, if you're "fortunate" enough to live in a deep blue area, there's a good chance you'd see the prosecutor at least try to pull that shit if you were ever in court for a self-defense shooting.

It's a round that goes from "defensive shooting" to "3rd degree murder/2nd degree manslaughter " in 900fps or faster

>Dead commies
But did it ever kill PEOPLE?

Attached: 1545026857845.jpg (889x960, 160K)

doesn't look effective, but does look like it hurts a lot

very underrated post, alright everyone. go home, user just settled this useless thread for a meme 10/10

FMJ is fine though.
Like I get CCing some quality HPs is ideal but FMJ will do just as good a job but will over penetrate.

>Running anything but Speer Gold Dot
The state of this board

Dozens of videos online showing how shitty these are

>I Don't Understand the Difference Between Copyright and Trademarks: The Post

Here fucking retard
law.umich.edu/special/exoneration/Pages/casedetail.aspx?caseid=4266

The justice system would be so much better if they hired human beings in lieu of reptiles to be prosecutors.