Hi Jow Forums, it's me, /mu/fag again...

hi Jow Forums, it's me, /mu/fag again. my brother's gave me the key to the shed in the town house out in the city because he's turning it into a man cave/garage thing for the thunderbird and he's collectible firebird (he already had a roadrunner).

so i hauled up a trailer to help clear it out and because i needed some shelving at the farm. working together we hauled out the old peg board, the counters and sink and found a hollow area behind the sink. i thought it was just for plumbing, but it had more plastic guns cases - marked pelican and hardigg with stuff in them. mostly had tags in the 80's and 90's with some dates on the labels.

also attached is some of the gyrojet ammo i found in the barn at the farm. some user mentioned wanting to see them last time i remember, and it's distinct enough that it looks cool.

Attached: IMG_0773.jpg (800x600, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LR-300
youtube.com/watch?v=xIExSleYCgg
youtu.be/aVKlH5DAS7k
m.youtube.com/watch?v=J73FgR4GyAg
desuarchive.org/k/thread/29155329/
desuarchive.org/k/thread/29277853/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's in the cases? Anything of note?

i'm trying to figure out the combo for the locks on one of the hardigg cases - it's like the kind used to transport speakers?

anyway, the other had some boxes, and one had this revolver, but i can't get the cylinder out to check if it's unloaded, there's no button, and when i googled the company they don't make this any more. it has the store tag on it though, with a sale date in the 1950's.

i'm not a super gun guy, i mostly just read the manuals and am now concentrating on keeping my family's collection together. i figure this was part of it that wasn't with everything else for whatever reason.

Attached: IMG_1072[1].jpg (2592x1936, 1.5M)

the top of the box says
H&R "922"
DOUBLE ACTION REVOLVER
Tops for all around utility
Harrington & Richardson Arms Co.
Worcester, Massachusetts, USA

it's not on their website that i could find, and the ones i see online aren't exactly the same. the middle pin doesn't move and there's no button to remove the cylinder.

anyway, the others that i can identify and know are clear, are:

a pretty good condition Winchester Model 94 in 30-30 WIN - i heard there is a difference between old and new winchesters, how can you tell? call and ask?

a SIG P226 with a silver finish that looks pretty new, although it says East Germany on it.

some weird AR-15 that i've never seen before

a Remington Model 31 with "US Property" stamped on it and "USN" on the other side. date code? Remingtons use date codes on their rifles.

a Sears Roebuck JC Higgins 583.1, which is bolt action like a rifle! never seen that before. the stock is cracked though.

what i think is a military rifle like what you see in the first part of Platoon where the guy from Law and Order suicides in the toilet

a Beretta Cougar, new in box, which is pretty cool

the rest i can't readily identify.

pic if it helps. also is there an easy way to tell if a gun has been shot at all? some of these look brand new, but i wouldn't figure someone would buy a gun and never shoot it.

Attached: IMG_1073[1].jpg (2592x1936, 1.22M)

Old Harrington & Richardson revolvers, this one in particular being one of their "nothing special" kind of guns. Works fine, generally.

Take a pic of the other side for us, also maybe the muzzle end, shining some light on it and the cylinder.

here's the Model 31. US Property means it was used by the government at some point, right? is that good or bad? my granddad's 1911 has that on the side too.

Attached: IMG_1074[1].jpg (2592x1936, 1.93M)

also can someone tell me wtf is this thing? it has a tube screwed into the end and it's like one of those muzzle brake things on high powered rifles.

Attached: IMG_1075[1].jpg (2592x1936, 2.13M)

sure thing, here's the other side

Attached: IMG_1076[1].jpg (2592x1936, 1.56M)

and here's a top down view. now that i put a light on it, it looks empty for most of the chambers

Attached: IMG_1078[1].jpg (2592x1936, 1.52M)

That's an aftermarket choke tube. Weaver style if I recall correctly.

i cut the lock off the pelican case and this was inside. yahoo gives me a bunch of airsoft sites. it's all metal though, and the plastic feel weird on the grip.

Attached: IMG_1079[1].jpg (2592x1936, 1.17M)

thanks! but aren't chokes built into the barrel? what's the screw in part (the choke? if so, then what's with all the holes?

god
dammit

tried google and yahoo, the company they tell me is "A&K", is that right? tried youtube to see if it's on there, and it's giving me video game footage from some shooter.

>lol i just happened to find gyrojet and an LR300
zero percent chance this isn't b8

Holy fuck im jealous, those things are pretty uncommon.

that's sick. looks like you're the new owner of an "assault rifle"

Attached: 1368662121241.gif (320x180, 1.29M)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LR-300
the thing is, he's got a bunch of giggle switch HK's including an mp5k and 21. among others his dad(?) willed to him. i cant find the screengrabs from the first threads, but this motherfucker hit the jackpot of inheritances

ah well, it seems it was popular and at least new enough to have copy cat pellet guns, and the rest aren't all that interesting other than the bolt action shotgun, which is pretty neat to me. it's just an AR and said it's uncommon these days, so no biggie. i hauled other stuff from out of there and finally got that HK21 together and it seems to work ok - i read through a pdf manual i found online for it so i'm familiar enough with that one to use it at the range (dirt pit with gravel, old quarry i think). the other plastic case probably has more, but i'll get to that eventually - i can't get the cutters wide enough for the shackle lol.

anyway, merry xmas Jow Forums

>Great sage of shit threads
>Great sage
>Sage

awesome, thanks man! i guess since he's out of business i can't figure out when it was made.

oh fuck, my cover's blown.

Gotta be careful with those full fun inherited guns, be a shame if someone where to find out about them
On a totally unrelated note, what did you say your friend's name was?

Attached: 1535821128879.jpg (275x183, 7K)

ok i might have a problem. so i watched some youtube videos a couple years back and shot an AR-15 enough to know how to shotgun one open to clean it? the pull back handle for the bolt is really stiff on this thing and i was kinda worried that a spring was binding, so i pushed on the little pull out pin at the back and it's stuck fast. like i can't move it at all with my hands... kinda don't feel like forcing it. any hints?

>Pull back handle
Dear Christ user don't hurt that poor gun

bolt handle, sorry.

It's not the same as an ar-15, look up a disassembly before you damage a rare piece

the disassembly vids i see are for pellet guns, i'm certain this isn't a pellet gun. the rear pin that you push out to shotgun it open is completely stuck.

>a pretty good condition Winchester Model 94 in 30-30 WIN - i heard there is a difference between old and new winchesters, how can you tell? call and ask?
the cartridge elevator in pre 64 94's are machined where as post 64 are stamped steel

stamped like a flat piece of metal that was bent into shape, like car fenders? this one is a solid piece of metal, pretty thick in spots.

got it unstuck with a pin punch and some tapping. carrier won't come out. i'm going to give up for now and just put it away until i get some time to dig around some more.

>what i think is a military rifle like what you see in the first part of Platoon where the guy from Law and Order suicides in the toilet
Sounds like an M14. Pics?

its internals are not like an AR, operating system is different, hence why the stock is VERY different
youtube.com/watch?v=xIExSleYCgg
>protip when looking for gun stuff on youtube enter " -airsoft" after your search terms, and dont forget the space

>all the newfags that don't remember the last time the Jow Forumsing from /mu/ showed up
Just post the damn pics of the gyrojets, the full auto MP5 or whatever it was, your M203 and the other guns your """aunt""" wanted to sell or destroy and be done with it.

Posting in a troll thread

while it's certainly similar, i have nothing on the front end to pull out or anything. it's jut the screw on front sight.

yeah, that's the one, sure lemme get it out

here you go. it's kinda beat up.

Attached: IMG_1080[1].jpg (2592x1936, 1.22M)

and the front. the plastic top part and the stock have numbers on them, the wood has some stamps. pretty cool

Attached: IMG_1081[1].jpg (2592x1936, 1.05M)

I, or another Jow Forumsomrad will point you in a better direction later, I can barely keep my eyes open right now, but I fucking love that gun's engineering and dont want you to accidentally it. because I bhalf assed helping you

These aren't particularly great, but they're seldom seen and kind of interesting.

Neither are absolute unicorns, they turn up here and there. It's not like he found an old US Army Trials .45ACP Luger

Neat. Take a pic of the other side of the receiver so if we can see if it's an actual select-fire one.

user, stop being new.
/mu/tant, is there any paperwork with that rifle? is it stamped M14 anywhere? same thing applies to the first guns you found, if its full auto you need to locate the tax stamps asafp

Even if you can't find tax info for the full-fun ones that doesn't mean they were never registered. Just keep quiet about them until you can find the paperwork or a very good nfa lawyer to help you.

sure thing, here you go. it's got a couple holes in the side of the stock, like where you'd have a safety or something.
no, just some baggies of spare parts and a cleaning rod, some old stamped metal bits like what an SKS takes for ammo.

Attached: IMG_1082[1].jpg (2592x1936, 1.32M)

yeah, says US RIFLE 7.62MM NATO M14SA on the top, then LRB ARMS, and a pretty low serial number, only 3 digits.

Isn't the thread a bit early?

Most of Jow Forums at the moment is Chinese and Philippinos trying to be Chinese. Maybe it'll be a couple of hours more until Continental USA wakes up.

Looks like just your average M14 rifle, which is still a nice thing.
The stock has the cutout for the fire-selector which would be there on an original full-auto one, so that's an original US Army stock. They sold off the stocks as surplus at some point, so it's not unusual when looking at old M14 rifles to see that cutout.

From a military history perspective, the M14 is kind of a little stupid and is hugely overrated by baby boomers, but just for what an individual M14 rifle is (especially given that you didn't pay any money for it), they're actually quite nice, you'd probably have fun shooting it.
They were kind of expensive to make, FWIW, and even modern made ones aren't that cheap, so you're fortunate to have inherited one.

Given that LRB M14SA's are 2k and up and are generally VERY nice M14 examples, yeah, "free M14" is very nice.

Did you ever find the 'machine gun' that was on the letter?

i guess, i started the thread around 11:30pm; i'm going to go to bed though. greets from the US, merry xmas!

which one?

Oh yeah, no doubt. This guy has made quite the inheritance.

>those portholes

those are first gen gyrojet rounds I think
holy fuck

/mu/fag you son of a bitch

If I recall there's that letter that has 3(?) rifles? One was a G3, I believe, and 1 was supposed to be an H&K 'machine gun'? I forgot what it was, too much masturbation cause me to lose my memory.

Those are worth real money, dude

MUST BE FUCKIN' NICE

Haha! That's a very old weaver choke. I have one as well. Should say made in El Paso on it.
Good on you for doing this. You weren't much of a gun guy, but you see the value im preserving your family's stuff for future generations. Bravo user

Attached: 20181109_154935.jpg (4032x1960, 1.86M)

This is one of those where you yank the whole cylinder to reload. Then poke out cases with the rod you just removed. Found on cheap revolvers.
youtu.be/aVKlH5DAS7k
Not the same gun but you get the idea.

Pull or twist out the cylinder pin.

If real, keep this stuff and especially those rounds and box, safe.

Late H&R revolvers won’t win any beauty contests but they’re well built and should last forever.
Their one weakness is the plastic main spring guide (the white part).
Replace it with a metal one and the gun will last longer the you.

Attached: AD312F37-AE01-44E4-96A2-18BF2D2422F2.jpg (800x336, 12K)

Get out of here stalker

Attached: 0C045321-A141-44C1-9E33-A6209F34DE47.jpg (1024x683, 141K)

now this is a proper bait

Attached: 1542314533946.jpg (680x649, 60K)

>not knowing the legend of /mu/fag
>being this new
lurk moar you fucking tadpole

>what i think is a military rifle like what you see in the first part of Platoon where the guy from Law and Order suicides in the toilet
>of Platoon
>Platoon

You took it too far.

youve got a first gen then, this video
>m.youtube.com/watch?v=J73FgR4GyAg
should overlap with the first one I posted to help get the bolt carrier group out of the upper, but if youre not particularly mechanically inclined, I wouldn't. looks like a bit of a pain to get apart and twice that to get it back together

Why is it always other people who just happen to stumble upon this kind of shit

Attached: 1384840285144.jpg (440x330, 51K)

op please keep them in the family and dont sell them. make sure theyre in the hands of people that will appreciate them at the least. you hit the jack pot dude

Hey dude! Thanks for coming by again, we love seeing your collection. Hope you had a good Christmas.

bullshit

Attached: 1394092863271.jpg (420x390, 44K)

Yeah, the LR300 is actually kind of not that good. It's just interesting because it's an AR15 with a folding stock, and because it featured in S.T.A.L.K.E.R

They turn up here and there, and it's already established that the person he is inheriting from collected guns, and likely had lots of money.

Because OP was related to this one guy who had amassed a large collection, and happened to inherit it. It's just one of those stupid chance things which happens.

Consider where your own collection of guns may pass on when you do. You could some day really make some person's day, assuming they're the right kind of person.

Oh good to see this guy again
You maintaining all that dakka correctly user? Hate to think of it rotting away in a damp cellar somewhere

Attached: 1437013154868.jpg (217x255, 10K)

Not a single time stamp ITT. I want to believe but I don’t

I just found out a friend from work probably died.
He was pretty old and went out on disability last year.
He had no family
Our boss just told me all his stuff is in a storage unit but he doesn’t know where.
Guy had a metric fuckton of guns and milsurp.
We’re trying to figure out where it’s at so we can open it or bid on it at auction.

Keep looking.

Posting in a b8 thread

They're legal, newfag. There was a stamp collection in the safe.

>Yeah, the LR300 is actually kind of not that good
What this user said.
OP you should really sell it to me, I'll sufferingly pay $1000 over market value.

I'd hold on to it as a piece of curiosity desu, kind of how I would hold on to a Volcanic repeater.

Save his collection, user. Don't let bubba or some neglectful owner acquire them.

Trying too. Guy had no kids and an exwife from hell. He spent a couple months living out of his car and sleeping and showering at work because of his divorce.
The shrew sold the house and moved away but the guy managed to save most of his collection.
According to my boss the only gun at his apartment was his CCW.
Everything else was in the storage unit.

Call every storage place in a 50-mile range from his house.

>Former thread was only 2 years ago
>Newfags didn't know about it
>Newfags didn't lurk for 2 years before posting

desuarchive.org/k/thread/29155329/

And I forgot where I kept those screencaps.

Many faps were had.

Attached: 1457161996250.jpg (3072x2304, 1.66M)

Those couple of pounds of plastic and steel must be worth fucking $50000 or something.

The absolute cheapest legit V2 Vampire price is like $235. And that's just the flashlight, WTF else was there?

Attached: 1457200768836.jpg (1169x10000, 3.1M)

>WTF else was there?
Well imagine every rare/cool as fuck gun you could possibly want, chances are it was there.

Attached: 1457200836736.jpg (1116x10000, 1.75M)

Attached: 1457200920286.jpg (1226x6065, 1.13M)

So this was what I meant about the machine gun, the HK21E.

i thought there was an F2000 in there somewhere as well
maybe in the days afterwards

I thought it was a WA2000.

I recall one user making a joke about there being a WA2000 under the bed, I don't think it ever materialized. If I'm wrong and there WAS one holy goddamn it really doesn't end.

There was, it was in a pelican hidden under a bed behind some wood paneling along with a Colt Commando, an M4, and a SIG with a small pile of cash. Shit was insane - where's the fourth thread?

Was this the fourth?

desuarchive.org/k/thread/29277853/

Maybe fifth then (Jesus Christ); i know for a fact it had an FS2000 1st gen with the intact auto sear.

I hope you have a son or daughter that loves firearms as much as we do user, and takes care of them the way you will
I'm also super jealous