Lots of ammo

>lots of ammo
>looks cool
>easy to dismount for average cleaning
>complitelly sealed
>hard to get dirty
>All clockwork pieces in one bulk
>If it somehow get dirty just use tactical wd40

Why the fuck are we still using ancient AR/AK trash?

Attached: HKG11.jpg (1376x1120, 195K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pkWgp2abM2w&app=desktop
youtube.com/watch?v=iTbTyFloelc
youtube.com/watch?v=1PRAjroxlJI
youtu.be/iWK1G6gUw38?t=521
youtube.com/watch?v=lJs9sBBjLls
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Money

A Marine's head would explode the moment they lay eyes on the internal mechanism.

If ammo cracks it can fail

>Watch forgotten weapons video
>suddenly think you're a subject matter expert

because of the ammo you shitter. unlike propellant blocks cartidges don't crack and are completely sealed, casing also play a major role in moving heat out of the gun
t. i watched the video too

It really turned out a lot simpler than I thought, but it's still a complicated and expensive weapon system.

It begs the question, if you had guys with G11s vs. guys with regular assault rifles who would have the edge and by how much? The ACR program answered pretty conclusively that it wouldn't be enough to justify a change.
Only real advantage was the lighter ammo which they're still working on with LSAT and that weapon promises to be less complicated.

>gun jams
>have to call in a watch repairman

>ammo prone to cook off
>puts mag on top of barrel
logic

*melts

>also 4.7mm
>combat effective as a main infantry round, lel maybe as a pdw like 5.7

>Why the fuck are we still using ancient AR/AK trash?
because muh minor improvements not important enough to warrant a completely new weapon adaptation, if something is going to tear the US military away from its M4/M16 it has to be a massive stepup, like from bolt action rifle to semi automatic levels of stepup

>*melts
Retard
>also 4.7mm
>combat effective as a main infantry round, lel maybe as a pdw like 5.7
Caliber isn't everything you retard. Do you think that .22LR and .223 are the same as well? Its 51gr at over 3000ft/s. Literally 3x the energy of 5.7. Or 4/5ths that of a comparable 5.56 loading in a smaller package than .38 super.
> casing also play a major role in moving heat out of the gun
Out of the chamber*. The small amount of heat they void makes no difference to anything but cook off which the g11 had already solved. Fucking cringed when I heard him mention it. Was hoping he'd use his wide viewer base a clear up that myth

>heat
>cook off

>To solve this, Heckler and Koch formed a partnership with Dynamit Nobel who redesigned the cartridge to use a new High Ignition Temperature Propellant (HITP). The cook-off problem was reduced, by using a denatured HMX propellant with a special binder and coating for the ammunition that increased the spontaneous ignition temperature by another 100 °C above that of standard, nitrocellulose (180 °C) propellant.[11]

The square rounds that everyone associates with the G11 are actually the "HITP" rounds. Before this change was made the rounds resembled conventional rifle rounds. In other words this problem was solved so long ago and you have probably never even seen the version of this rifle that suffered from it.

energy weapons won't even do that, desu i believe we have reached a stalemate in warfare, possible robots will be uses in large amounts during future wars, but those robots will still have ar's and ak's

sorry i caused your anus to hurt ian, but honestly with all the poundings you take from jamal you shouldn't be so assmad

This. The ammo has merit but the entire reason for it being so complicated, the hyper burst, is irrelevant. Without that you can redesign and simplify the entire gun and you essentially get what LSAT got - a translating chamber system that is otherwise mundane and reliable.

>anyone that proves me wrong is some eceleb I have a hateboner for
No, you're just dumb. Lurk more and maybe you'll learn how guns work before commenting next.

>melts
Thats the G36 you mong. It had its trunnion supported only by the polymer receiver.
>Before this change was made the rounds resembled conventional rifle rounds.
What did the rounds look like before? How do you attach a bullet in front of propellant securely?

G11 is still garbage and was a waste of time and money

yea we all saw the video too you dumbass faggot

G36 doesn't melt you faggot. This shit was made up by Leyen because she's corrupt af.

watch repairman just gained some more usefulness now.

>not wanting to call in Lance Thomas

youtube.com/watch?v=pkWgp2abM2w&app=desktop

this, it's a shitty concept from the get go and god help anyone who got issued one if they ever adopted them

Stronk east Germans would laugh as the west German's cubed turd melted and became useless as their Superior eg aks kept running without issue

Attached: 1ecbd7a0eb87d86ea4b22c737fc28ad4.jpg (435x338, 23K)

>it looses zero, this has been proven

it was dumb, but it was not dumb for the reason stated. this shouldn't be this difficult for you to comprehend.

youtube.com/watch?v=iTbTyFloelc
Literally a 5 second search.

>h&k produced video

it's totally legit guise

>HK soibois about Glock: This cubic trash needs to die!

>HK soibois about G11: "HNNNGH!"

>dude without two brain cells to rub together thinks people care about the form factor, not the overly complex engineering or caseless ammunition

>backpedaling

tat aside, I'm positive you're such a limp wristed fag you would not even be able to hold that gun with it's weird point of balance in the y-axis. ffs there are 150rds on the thing ON THE TOP.

>looks cool
>A FUCKING BRICK

Attached: 890c06a5732c541f1cfd7fbe72df7128.gif (400x225, 2.64M)

>backpedaling
I don't even own an H&K firearm man, I'm just pointing out the retardation in your logic.

For the record, glocks are uncomfortable in the hands of real people, I guess they work for you Sega Saturn Virtua Fighter characters. I personally couldn't give two shits over how block-y the slide is on the Glock, it's a non-issue. The ergos are its Achilles' heel.

>in the hands of real people

good then that I'm a russian bot....

Pic related, it's you.

Attached: virtua-fighter-600x420.png (600x420, 137K)

well you're gonna throw the gun away after that anyway
or at least the upper with the barrel

> trash
There's your fucking problem.

This. I'm very intelligent because I picked up on the subtle 6 "FORGOTTENWEAPONS GUN JESUS G11!!!!" videos in the past 24 hours. Fucking anti-fa gay depressed SJW furfag animefaggots, why can't they be like paul harrell fans, who make threads like this?

Attached: AHHHahhAHHahhahAHAH.png (733x332, 115K)

It's going to take another World War to get people to innovate again and ditch the AK/AR platform

Attached: 1520547108465.jpg (920x950, 133K)

>40kfag
>implying
youtube.com/watch?v=1PRAjroxlJI

>Why the fuck are we still using ancient AR/AK trash?
1) both have modern variants
2) they work fine
and
3) nobody is going to replace 2,000,000 service rifles just because they shoot 1.5" spread instead of 2"

Attached: 1500850297772.jpg (520x600, 96K)

I'm talking about global military adoption via the Iron Triangle, not neat range experiments from enthusiasts

>shitting on 40k

Yikerinos

Attached: 1515717994244.jpg (300x168, 9K)

>that fucking plastic flap charging handle

I can't believe this actually got any serious consideration from the german army

Surprised they never chose to continue the project and sell it to enthusiasts in the civilian sector, with the continued development and user/fan input from people like in video they could have created a pretty neat product for gun nuts

Attached: 1518869138986.png (1515x838, 60K)

>accurate, reliable, lightweight rifle with 50+ years of improvements

Why are so many people idiots about the AR?

Almost every mass shooter that's used one has had the rifle jam on them. It gets the reputation it deserves.

The best part of the G11 is the constant recoil system in full auto
Pretty sure it's just a side effect of the hyperburst
That weigh less than your handguard full of grips and lights and lasers

Fuck practicality, I want space guns. G11 is cool, though OICW is coolest space gun.

Attached: XM29.jpg (500x271, 32K)

user you're sucha fuc king idiot
in full auto the whole action is going forth and back, that's a lot of fucking mass, ever seen a chauchat being shot?

>that video proves that the rifle does not loose zero

>OP
>watches jewtube
>suddenly shilling for shitty weapon
Why do you strive so hard to be farmed by kikes?

Well we'll never know until somebody does a shooting video

>5-inch barrel
uhh no thanks

Without the superburst it would have been a fraction as complex, heavy and expensive.

youtu.be/iWK1G6gUw38?t=521

Actually no
the burst feature was actually really easy to implement, just a simple mechanism to release the hammer three times, and enough space in the stock for the action to recoil into.
The gun could have been made a few inches shorter if not for the burst but price or complexity wouldn't have been severely affected.

you fags are just as annoying as the bronies

Without the burst feature it wouldn't have to be dual recoil/gas operated and and so the entire action and magazine would need be able to slide backwards. Without all that, I think you could design a much simpler cam system perhaps inspired by the MGD PM9

The only difference the recoil operation thingy make is that the action is not screwed down into the receiver but it slides in there and has its own spring, nothing more.

holy shit it throws the poor guy around like a fucking M60

Attached: 1494168715872.gif (400x296, 443K)

>watches reload for other rifles
>watches awkward as FUCK reload of g11
No thanks. Manual of arms makes you take both hands off the rifle, press the magazine release, turn the rifle sideways, pull out old mag from above hot barrel, insert new magazine, turn rifle back to face forward, then finally crank it.
No fucking thanks.

Kill yourself, Jow Forumstard.

That's in hyperburst mode. In semi and full auto it's really controllable.

apparently linking youtube videos with the specific starting time doesn't work,
the time at which they're firing single shots and full auto is 8:43 and imho that's quite a lot of recoil for a 4.7mm bullet

>Manual of arms makes you take both hands off the rifle
it doesn't though
just press the button, remove the empty magazine, and insert a new magazine, and crank it, all done with your left hand, now it is somewhat slow but do take into consideration that you've got 50 rounds per mag

>white person's arm EXPLODES when handed a rifle

White people are literally finished, this youtube video proves it

*dabs on the white race* lmfao *clapping emoji* *tweets*

The entire reason they went with the rotary chamber is to facilitate the burst fire. Getting rid of that requirement means simpler alternatives are available.

>G11 recoil

I've see G3s with less, holy fuck the mag, barrel and action recoiling back in that mostly hollow buttstock must feel awkward as fuark.

An AR15 has lots of ammo, looks cool, is easy to clean, completely sealed and hard to get dirty. The clockwork pieces are large, easy to understand, and easy to maintain.

All you have to is replace the "MUH MARGINAL GAINS!" gas system with a proper piston setup and then laugh at all the DI fags while they scrape carbon off their shit, murmuring about barrel harmonics and inline recoil

>The entire reason they went with the rotary chamber is to facilitate the burst fire.

no. it' a function of the caseless ammo. imagine you have a missfire. how would you extract the ammo from a conventional setup? in th G11 you just charge again and the new cartridge pushes the faulty old one out through the ejection port on the bottom of the rifle. yes, the G11, while running on caseless ammo, has an ejection port.

clearly you do not own/understand the AR. the DI system is what makes it so great. if you put a piston on it all the advantages of it are lost. but then again you must be some HK goober so I understand you boner priapism for shitty HK shit.

>muh barrel harmonics
>muh inline recoil
>muh simplicity and weight
>j-just keep it clean

go clean your gun loser

Attached: DgLS-t7VAAA11kU.jpg (1148x1200, 159K)

>5inch barrel
>bulpup
what

it's still kicking like a fucking horse in semi auto in that video
460RPM full auto would make your teeth fall out
I would rather take a gun that has 900RPM full auto and no recoil to speak of
youtube.com/watch?v=lJs9sBBjLls

it's only a matter of time until a special upper for this system is made for the AR15, followed by a variant that works with milspec uppers

Attached: e83cid.gif (475x143, 19K)

>poor ignorant white trash and conscripts don't know how to use and maintain their guns
>this means the gun is bad

>all done with your left hand
>literally cannot reach the front of the rifle with your left hand.
The issue isn't how many rounds are in the magazine. You can find plenty of 40 round pmags for the ar even, but the reloading action is at least 3x faster than this one.

>all the people using it are the ones listed
>this makes the gun bad for its intended role
Marines can't even handle a bullpup rifle.

I will
Naked

The bullpup magazine is for the grenade launcher
There is another magazine up front for the 5.56

>lots of ammo
>looks cool
>easy to dismount for average cleaning
>complitelly sealed
>hard to get dirty
>All clockwork pieces in one bulk
>If it somehow gets dirty just use tactical wd40

Loool AR/AK BTFO

Attached: ziprifle.jpg (1200x690, 93K)

Look, just because I can take a bath in .22LR doesn't mean the gun can fit a lot of ammo in it

Looks so retarded even the Kek-Tec engineers are probably laughing their asses off looking at that thing

Okay, Jow Forums, we're outfitting a space gun army. To start with I'm thinking G11s are standard issue, 1 xm25 per fireteam. I'm thinking P90s or something else tiny will also need to be used for urban engagements. Possibly the P90s could be mounted under XM25 sort of like the XM29. What is the DMR rifle and squad automatic weapon?

Attached: 1024px-Flickr_-_The_U.S._Army_-_Testing_the_new_XM-25_weapon_system.jpg (1024x680, 127K)

they have longer barrels for faggots too.

>G11s are standard issue

Attached: 1530326134804.gif (245x245, 960K)

>future army
>Guns that were obsolete before you were born

?

HK built a LMG and pistol that shared the G11's ammo.

Attached: 1542240721798.jpg (1200x1200, 129K)

Because the gun is ugly as fuck and if you tried to shoot a terrorist with that they would laugh themselves to death before you could wind up that watch in the back

You've misunderstood. You still need a moving chamber, yes, but you don't need a rotary chamber. An example of an alternative would be LSATs swinging chamber (which did use caseless) or the Steyr ACR's translating chamber (which didn't, but still used telescoped ammunition and ejected in the same fashion)
>literally cannot reach the front of the rifle with your left hand.
It's the same length as an m4 with the stock collapsed, how short are your arms?
You're not memeing hard enough. You have to combine them. Caseless p90 with underslung metal storm grenade launcher and integrated xm25 optic firing Raytheon Pikes and flechette canisters.

>G11
>XM25

Wait a minute, this is the future. Where are all the phaser guns?

Attached: DemoMan_043.jpg (830x460, 79K)

Didn't you hear? 'future' means 'only guns that existed 40+ years ago'. It doesn't mean "future" now.

Because giving society's dumbest (who do you think is signing up to be infantry, really?), extremely complex and expensive rifles that are more fragile and will be in service for 50 years isn't a very good idea for the most minimal benefit in ammunition.
If they were something real great and had drastic real world benefits, special forces would be using them, and they aren't

Not necessarily
imho the swing out chamber is actually an inferior system

how about you go shoot a bolt action and then come back and tell me that the bolt is to blame for recoil

>Gun otherwise well sealed against the elements gets itself extremely dirty by operating
>"you don't understand, stoner designed it to be light, just clean it every 100 rounds"
>"AR15s are supposed to be expensive rifles you should have bought a better BCG and an adjustable gas block so you could tune it to the load you're using"
>"stop using the AK47 ;_;"

>You've misunderstood. You still need a moving chamber, yes, but you don't need a rotary chamber. An example of an alternative would be LSATs swinging chamber (which did use caseless) or the Steyr ACR's translating chamber (which didn't, but still used telescoped ammunition and ejected in the same fashion)
honestly a rotating chamber is still imho a better system than either of those

What are you on about? You can't cheat conservation of momentum but felt recoil and controllability have a lot to do with impulse duration and you can definitely change that.

>a heavy piece of metal moving backwards at high speeds does not create recoil
>a heavy piece of metal moving forwards does not mitigate it
>ignore all the weapons that use this principle to reduce recoil

recoil isn't caused by a 0.001 lb piece of metal moving lmfao

is this what zoomers actually think now? recoil is caused by the propellant that pushes the bullet out of the barrel. you know that explosion that shoots the round downrange? that's what causes recoil