Thinking of applying to become a cadet...

Thinking of applying to become a cadet, any lieutenants or above here to share their experiences/stories with military school?

Attached: 38b0fa431ed7d3c97cca58eca74b96c1.jpg (600x594, 66K)

Enlisted men will hate you.

So many STD on one picture.

true, they are useless.

So are green as fuck officers that think they're hot shit just because they attended an academy.

I've done my time with conscription, my hard-ass platoon commander inspired me. There for sure was a good level of respect towards some officers.

>some
Hit the nail on the head.

I'm not interested in being a big bellied man-child that expects men to follow him without example. How do I strive towards being one of those inspirational officers?

Find a senior experienced NCO and shadow them, take after them, and ask them for advice.
Don't order those under you to do anything that you wouldn't do yourself.
Lead by example.
Be humble.

Ask a senior NCO for leadership advice.

I appreciate it, the entire thing about not ordering your men to do something you wouldn't rings very true, even though I wouldn't have thought to put it into words like that.

fugg meant for
but said the same thing anyways

Be strong.

How strong?

If by chance war breaks out and you're tasked with leading your men up an embankment where the enemy is dug in, you best be ready to lead that charge even if it means sure death.
Even if your men are all hesitant, it's your duty and job to go first no matter what.

That strong.

How can anyone really know if they'd be up to task for something like that, before it actually happens

Are you Chinese?

> For China-born William Wang, who just graduated from West Point, serving in the military is a way of showing his interest in "the prosperity of this nation".

> Aside from "the sense of purpose, pride and discipline" of the military, what also attracted Lt Wang to the military was the opportunity to promote Chinese Americans' voice in US society, which he thinks is disproportionately weak.

> At the US Military Academy at West Point, for example, the class of 2009 had 62 Asian Americans or 5 percent of the class, according to the school's public affairs office. The class of 2017 has 84 Asian Americans, or 7 percent.
> Asian-American students accounted for 2.5 percent of the US Merchant Marine Academy's class of 2011 and 8 percent of the class of 2017, according to the school.
> At the US Naval Academy, the portions are 3.6 percent in the class of 2014 and 7.1 percent in the class of 2017, numbers from the school show.

> "I think it's a good thing for Chinese-American community because they'll have a voice in the military and the government," said Kytoh Li of Flushing, New York, who was accepted to the US Naval Academy at Annapolis this year. Li was nominated by Congresswomen Grace Meng to both the US Naval Academy and the Air Force Academy and was accepted at both.

Attached: thunderwang.png (620x600, 346K)

Are you going to spam this in every thread now?

Estonian

By not thinking about it too much and just doing it.
Remembering who you are and what are your job in the military is, always helps.
It's your job to lead, and leading is what you were trained to do.

>I appreciate it, the entire thing about not ordering your men to do something you wouldn't rings very true
Nigger that's like leadership 101. Read a book.

My point was that it's an idea that's taken for granted so that it's not talked about really.