How can an oil filter be a better silencer than a real suppressor?

How can an oil filter be a better silencer than a real suppressor?

Attached: 1516391233588.png (535x351, 260K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gis.stackexchange.com/questions/43617/what-is-the-maximum-theoretical-accuracy-of-gps
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The felony makes it sweeter?

Its metallic properties gives it a n extra spin so the baby seeking boolets can move faster, also ot sharpens the boolet as it exits giving an extra oomph and penetration for those cop killer rounds

it's bigger.

don't forget that since the oil filter is bigger than regular suppressors that it also increases bullet diameter.
It's science.

Because its packed with wipes. So for the first few shots its better than an actual one which would normally have one or two wipes at most, but once you've properly reamed a track its worse because there aren't any proper baffles.

Its not.
The oil can works well on 22 but isnt serviceable and blocks your sights.
The sound is close with subs.
Thats why the stamped oil filter adapter is a thing. So you can toss the filter and screw on a fresh one.
Still doesnt beat a dedicated 22 serviceable can.

Are there any normal silencers like that?

Wipes died out when the atf ruled that suppresor components were just as illegal as suppressors and you needed stamps for each one.
These were pretty much 1 mag use consumables.

tldr atf hates hearing protection

Yeah, but say you don't care about law enforcement or live in a country with legal silencers. How low could you get it if you need to fire off 30 shots? Could you fire it on the street without anyone noticing?

>It's science.

Attached: hero.png (987x569, 389K)

>It's the One Trick that Silencer Companies Don't Want You to Know About!!! CLICK HERE

No, they love movies about spies and assassins and think they're real.

Wouldn't oil get sprayed everywhere?

The smoke caused by the burning oil would make a screen to escape through. It's a win win.

Attached: 9873cPi.jpg (374x503, 45K)

Same reason why consumer gps devices were made less accurate post 2001.

that's a feature. it's a tactical blinding oil spray.

>consumer gps devices were made less accurate post 2001
proofs?

Google

Stop making claims you can't back up snake.

fuck off you fags are making too many threads

i know you're not being paid or whatever so just cool it already

Attached: atfgrug.png (512x492, 153K)

would this kinda suppressor work on a .223 subsonic?

gis.stackexchange.com/questions/43617/what-is-the-maximum-theoretical-accuracy-of-gps

>Selective Availability (SA) was an intentional degradation of public GPS signals implemented for national security reasons.

>In May 2000, at the direction of President Bill Clinton, the U.S government discontinued its use of Selective Availability in order to make GPS more responsive to civil and commercial users worldwide.

Yes, but only for a few shots.

>Could you fire it on the street without anyone noticing?
Not really. This thing is pretty much hollywood quite with subs. But you can still hear the action and the bullet still makes a sound when it hits something, cans don't take care of those problems. Go to a bigger caliber or supersonic idoesnt help. Plus a dude on the street with a gun...ya people are going to notice.

Attached: ruger american.jpg (1280x1920, 1.22M)

You could make the action more silent if you knew that the bullet didn't make much of a sound. And as long as you never miss (huh), the sound of a bullet hitting flesh is likely not that loud.
But how much can a silencer like this reduce the sound?
>Plus a dude on the street with a gun...ya people are going to notice.
Depends on how stealthy you are about it.

Like that matters since commercial grade GPS are not that much.

You hear a click and then nothing until the bullet hits it's target and you cycle the bolt....I have never shot a human or been close enough to game to know what a bullet hitting flesh sounds like so I can't help you there.

Attached: learn your ppq's.jpg (5184x3456, 1.91M)

Depends in what way you think it's "better."
It won't last on anything at all because of the ablative effects of the gasses on the paper inside the filter, and it suppresses better on a .22 for a small box of ammo because of sheer volume.
So in terms of durability, it's vastly inferrior, as it is in ability to suppress subsonic shots.

Why doesn't anyone make big suppressors then? You only see relatively small ones like . Why not make one that is actually hollywood quiet?

Because no one wants to deal with the weight and bulk of a suppressor that big, or the technical issues like getting your sights clear of the can or the diminishing return of increasing size and weight for increasingly less noise reduction.
In all actuality, the "relatively small" one in the picture still requires suppressor height sights to clear the can and more than doubles the length of the pistol, rendering it not only difficult to holster, but ALREADY front heavy. Could you imagine what the target would look like if you make the can a foot in diameter? That's RIGHT, you can't, because you can't see the target behind your suppressor.

Fuck if I know. But I'll take a wild guess and say the added weight is turn off and people like use sights. I'm not saying it's hard to 'shoot through a silencer' but the cost/benefit just wouldn't be there for me for a 12 inch long, 5 inch diameter can or what ever your definition of big is. But hey man, if you think there is a market go for it!

Attached: p220 hybrib_.jpg (5184x3456, 2M)

You mean more?
Thanks bud

It's bigger
Only if you attach it to the gun

The wipes wear out huh? Most filters are made from paper or something alike that

ITT: People who don't know how silencers work.
Silencers compress gasses from exploding propellant in the bullet to push the cartridge out faster than the speed of sound, which make the cartridge silent since the sound of the gunshot doesn't travel fast enough for someone to hear the gun firing before being shot.

Shit bait. Too retarded to be taken seriously.

This

>the sound of a bullet hitting flesh is likely not that loud.
It's likely louder than you think. Snap a bone in half with your hands and then tell me how quiet it was.