.40 sw hate thread

Let us .45, 9mm, and 10mm bros unite to bully .40 fags

Post your .40 memes

Attached: 1543896465389.jpg (300x225, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9mRnwypLzDA
youtu.be/wqeRk-wxVXY
youtu.be/kCkL-cjT-Hk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

At least it's not .25

40sw is a good caliber

>tfw police trade in .40s are practically being given away, but you can't buy them because you'll get bullied on Jow Forums

Take a lesson from LE on this, upgrade to 9mm

Oh no people on the internet who don't even own guns will make fun of me. idiot.

>inb4 9x25 dillon guy comes it
We get it, you like dudes.

Loling at all the seething millimeterlets itt.
>40 a shit
>9mm bestcaliber
Hey if you like shit taste then go ahead, but my big bore niggaz stick together to shit on faggo 9mm soibois.

better to get off the train early. dont want to end up like the dead cartridge sods

youtu.be/9mRnwypLzDA
youtu.be/wqeRk-wxVXY
youtu.be/kCkL-cjT-Hk

Attached: 1540656076448m.jpg (1024x652, 147K)

.40 sw guns beat themselves to death, those trade in guns are shot

Yall are fags
>training with .40 makes you better

All the stopping power of 9mm with less capacity, more cost, and more recoil

>tfw got a brand new CZ P09 and Sig 556 with .357/.40 barrel for under $450

Stay mad fuck boy

If 10mm didn't die there is no way 40 will. LEO are just gullible and follow the meme of the day. Won't be surprised if they adopt 10mm eventually.

Well actually I'll admit .40 does have excellent ballistics inside of a person, its just not enough of a difference compared to 9mm or .45 for all the downsides

*sucks air through teeth*

*jives*
Shoot .357 and we straight

Attached: 52a.gif (775x510, 824K)

That would be so based, but they dropped 10mm because of women and minority officers, now they are dropping .40 because the problem has gotten worse.

Yeah I guess you are right actually. They may just stick with 9 from here on out. 9 is a good round anyways. I have seen it do some anemic shit irl but I have also seen it do some pretty nasty shit too.

Jow Forums
>LE are fucking retards and know nothing about shooting
also Jow Forums
>LE switched from .40 to 9 so clearly .40 is ass

only true for glocknades and other upsized 9mm guns not designed to handle .40 to begin with

glad the .40 sucks meme caught on now we have a surplus of super cheap guns. got a USPc safe queen for $450 and i see glocks for $250-275.

Tell me what you've seen

Glock .40s outsell everything else by a massive margin. And the problem is present in smith and Wesson pistols as well.

Quads fucking demand it

>tfw you've been posting on Jow Forums for so long that this is like the sixth time youve got quads

not him but ive glanced tula 9mm off armadillos before on the really sloped areas. Theyre only 115 at about 1050 fps but Ive recovered bodies with the mark. 22lr doesnt seem to have the problem Im guessing because it's a narrower bullet.
Now I carry 124 grain nato in the armadillo killer and it has been flawless.

Saw federal 115 grain bounce off of a plastic bucket

This

>actually caring what other people think in a shithole like this

I have a .40 factory trade in and my gun has lasted thousands of rounds and you’re a liar

.380 adoption when?

Attached: 20160112_104040.jpg (539x532, 142K)

I'm just gonna advocate penance for owning a 40 by converting to 357sig. Bottleneck cartridge is life.

Attached: _20181106_223210.jpg (3828x3301, 2.1M)

I've carried a USP .40 for the last 15 years and I don't intent to change any time soon.

.40 is perfectly good at what it was designed in response to. Unfortunately for it, the most popular pistol caliber has also had 30 years of bullet development since, and 99.999% of people will never actually shoot anyone, so there is no real practical advantage to the average person.

H-Haha, A-at least it's not .22 right .40 bros?

Attached: 1506794302240.jpg (500x461, 28K)

Everybody already knows that 10mm is the king of autoloading handgun cartridges. This thread is for shitting on 40.

10mm didnt die because it found its place as a badass outdoors caliber for hunting deer and shooting bears. It remains the most powerful autoloading pistol cartridge that isnt some obscure wildcat.

>.50 African Eliminator
>obscure wildcat

Quads determine that we all talk about o in our observed effects of calibers

9mm will bounce off of rocks

.45 acp will crack rocks

10mm will explode rocks

Jow Forums isn't a shithole, its had better days but i dare you to name anywhere better.

Attached: LCxhGfD-1.jpg (566x677, 160K)

1cm master race

Attached: 1cm.jpg (4032x3024, 3.35M)

>XD

Ah, I forgot about that one. Its not a wildcat but goddamn is it rare.

Also
>owning a boomer jew gun just so that you can fire a 50 caliber bullet
>not just using a .500 sw

BASED

.40 was made to do something that 9mm can do today. That is, penetrate just a few more inches inside a person to make sure it lances the heart.
You've seen those Screwdriver bullets right? Those do the job. Now .40sw has no job.
.380 screwdrivers also do the same job the .40 does, it has as much penetration and does as much damage as a .40 hollowpoint. At a fraction of the recoil.

One time I told my dad I couldnt do any pull ups because I weigh too much. Instead he told me I wasnt strong enough.
The lesson to learn here is that .40 caliber guns are underbuilt and need to be made to 10mm tolerances. Even if they're not actually 10mm strength. They're built just Slightly underspec but thats the reason they beat themselves to death.
You never see this problem with M1911s chambered in .40 because they're original loadings are much tougher than that. Stock M1911s can take .460r power loadings if they've got the spring and muzzle brake. The M1911 is overbuilt.

it may not be .25 but its not .50 either
> off by a factor of 2

Just posted in the Ghost Gunner thread
Ive got an insane idea.
Why cant somebody just start manufacturing Oversized guns that use a higher caliber?
> By oversized im not talking like a revolver the size of a gas grill.
More like 10-20% bigger in all dimensions. With increased size parts to match.
> Five Sevens in .30 carbine
> M1911s in .50 ae or .45 win mag

Attached: 1544029734483.jpg (561x363, 73K)

Did you make that fucking image just for that post user?

Attached: 1513182184377.png (437x418, 289K)

I'm ready for my 14 inch barrel .500 automax glock

>yfw 700 grains at 1600 fps

Mostly thought of this idea for mainstream weapons that have a reputation for quality which people know.
Using CNC and 3d printing and printing most/all of the parts (and mags) and just hitting the Scale function.
> does cnc work for springs and similar parts yet?

Got the idea over in /vr/ for explaining why Doomguy (Doom series) has such strong weapons. Well maybe its because his Beretta is actually shooting .50 caliber pistol rounds and the UAC had all its weapons built in-house by a cnc armourer because they're dingbats when it comes to efficiency and are swimming in defense contractor money.
> and all the "shotgun shells" are 8 or 10 Gauge 3.5" magnums lobbing 7 pellets of .45 caliber steel buckshot.
> thats why doomguy can only get 2.5 shots per second with the beretta, because it kicks like a magnum.

Also realized the only real difference between a the 5.7x28 and .30 carbine is about a millimeter larger case head and a couple millimeters overall length. The chamber might need some rienforcement too.
> scale it up just a little, including the mags, and you'd have a double stack .30 carbine pistol with 20 rounds, that can actually do the job its charged with

I've been thinking of getting a long slide glock in .40 exclusively to convert it to .357 sig. is this a bad idea?

Yeah.
Get a longslide 10mm and shoot .40 out of it.
The glock platform handles the shorter .40 just fine. Has mainly to do with the firing pin being square so it wont punch the primer. The gun is then overbuilt for the task and will perform better in the long run than if you were running 10mm through it.
Never heard any complaints about loading the .40 ammo in the 10mm magazine.

I have a longslide 10mm. also a 1911 in 10mm. I've heard shooting .40 cases in 10mm is murder on the extractor. also... if I wanted to shoot .40, why did I buy 10mms? I want to shoot .357 sig.

You mean .44 magnum.

because .357sig is dead
its more dead than 10mm
it has the name of a major military contractor attached to it and its still not being used by anyone
> some cops somewhere maybe
If you want that much of a hobby and select availability on ammo you might as well go rowland

Attached: 800235DEAD.gif (500x375, 504K)

been thinking about it

apparently the real benefit to the rowland stuff is it can still chamber +P ammo, because I can remember seeing that touted as an advantage to it. Though logically with that much stronger of a spring running +P is on the low end of firepower and if you try standard it will FF, and might not be utterly reliable on the +P end.
Seems to me the benefit of getting the upgrade is having the 460 stuff for being serious (carry/bears) and not shooting much of it.
This has me wondering whats going on with that "960" conversion
> sounds highly impractical no matter how its cut though

I don't even think about you.

Attached: 40calHateThreads.jpg (490x554, 42K)

"becuz fawty is moar stronk than fawty fave an holds moar boolets"

Attached: FB_IMG_1545163620121.jpg (786x715, 69K)

"9mm stronk and fasta than sped of lit."

Attached: 40calHateThreads.jpg (490x554, 43K)

>Let us .45, 9mm, and 10mm bros unite to bully .40 fags
but i think .40 fags are better than us, it's the newest cartridge. Full powered 10mm didn't fit gel tests. 40 out performed 9mm and then manufacturers had to start making better 9mm's to work with the .40sw round.
We sort of owe thanks for .40 having been a thing otherwise 9 would have just got displaced entirely and never held along with advancements as long as it has.

Attached: 00-fnhusa-com-you-girls-run-and-hide-all-ive-19252589.png (500x518, 123K)

"Capacity of a nine, power of a fawdy fave"

Attached: 1545575565666.jpg (4000x2500, 557K)

>muh extreme powder loads to stay relevant (please don't blow up)

Attached: 1541140175652.png (1365x2048, 826K)

>Muh soii wrists
>Yew kant match muh groupins
>You did?
>...Fuck...

You couldn't afford the ammo that it would take to destroy a poly frame .40 from shooting. I totally believe that your tofu wrists would crumble after a few thousand rounds though.

Attached: snappy.jpg (500x500, 177K)

>40mm

>autoloading

.44 amp doesn't real

.500 sw is the king of revolver rounds

.40 shitty and weak

Just get a glock model 40 dude

Motherfucker got my hopes up they made one of those .357 1911s in .44

Wadda WAT?

>its not literally a mousegun

>At least its not airsoft

>because .357sig is dead

HAHA no

Attached: 357.jpg (1077x808, 102K)

>.4 mm

10mm is (Asian) SMG shit nowdays.

Lol Jow Forums just hates the .40 since everyone here is a limp wrist soi boy faggot. I've got every caliber and .40 is just another one to have. Keep hating and stick to your 9mm so it won't hurt your delicate hands

>CC a 45 super
>Getting a 46p rowland conversion
>OC a sw29 for burr defense
>Wrists too soi for 40 smith
Imagine being this retarded

Attached: 1545778907018.gif (245x150, 1.08M)

.40 is the best caliber caliber for competition shooting and thus the best caliber for home defense and carry.

Prove me wrong wristlets

.357 is less powerful than 10mm

Not pictured, godzilla sized .500 sw mogging everyone in this chart

They make a .44 desert eagle I guess

Its badass seeing .357 on a glock slide

being the king of autoloading handgun cartridges is like winning gold at the special Olympics

>.40 sw guns beat themselves to death
Absolute fuddlore. Unless you can prove that there's a cartridge out there that doesn't have negative effect on the gun through regular use, you're hereby condemned as a craven idiot.

.45 Super and 10mm Auto double penetrating .40 cals wife due to massive energy advantages.

can I get sauce on that ahegao black girl?

9mm is goat tier

Attached: 20181227_012444.jpg (4032x3024, 3.46M)

I'm surprised shaniqua let you on the nursing home computer this late at night grandpa.

.40 sw was designed so that 9mm gun frames would fit with the new fbi round

Turns out when you load a bigger higher pressure cartridge in a gun frame never designed for it shit breaks.

Glock .40s last 10k rounds, glock 9mms will last hundreds of thousands of rounds. Its about the relative rate of wear man.

Based

I don't get why .40 gets so much hate. it isn't by any means a bad round, 9mm certainly is (by most standards) the prime pistol caliber cartridge, but much of that can be attributed to the gargantuan amount of development that was packed into 9x19 Parabellum over its 110+ years of service.

both will kill people fine but with most loads the .40 tends to give better results from the standpoint of ballistic damage to a target. if I remember correctly that's the conclusion that lord and savior Paul Harrell reached when he compared 9mm and .40 s&w. obviously trading up ballistic performance for stuff like recoil and capacity may not be for everyone, but most defensive gun situations don't require a large number of shots to be fired off.

here's an infographic that might illustrate the point, but anything above a .380 in my opinion is good enough to kill in damn near any handgun scenario.

Attached: 1521587126979.jpg (680x600, 55K)

“Aww man a 10mm, this guy is badass!!” >it’s a fuckin XD
Nice try user we all know you’re still a fuckin faggot

Underloaded 1cm g*ntoids need to go back

Explain why those “screwdriver” bullets are even a thing. .380 fmj consistently penetrates 18+ inches in bare gel, and 9mm fmj overpenetrates to a dangerous degree. Why would you want MORE penetration from a handgun round for self defense?

Tfw .40 and 9mm have the same case pressure

Attached: 296257DE-1BDE-410E-B23C-1ED3B55834F0.jpg (203x248, 8K)

I have a glock 23 thats older than you that says otherwise.

.357 sig is a neat round. The bottleneck makes it more reliable, and it’s one of the flattest shooting auto cartridges out there. That being said, it has worse recoil than .40, but you’re wrong in that it has marginally better performance than .40

I like this new bottleneck is more reliable meme

>Some cops somewhere
IIRC isn't the entire US air Marshall service using it? Also I think a lot of highway patrols use it or previously used it.

r/guns

You can convert them to 9mm...or .357 Sig

>Turns out when you load a bigger higher pressure cartridge in a gun frame never designed for it shit breaks.
.40S&W and standard 9mm have the same SAAMI pressure, dummy.

>Glock .40s last 10k rounds, glock 9mms will last hundreds of thousands of rounds.
Please provide proof to those studies.

>paid earned money for a CZ
>thinks anyone is jealous
The threads on Jow Forums speaking positively of CZ are bait you newfag retard, and you feel for it.

10mm did die, it's a meme round that autistic auckers fell for, and come.creech about it on/k/ to try and justify their stupidity.
And when the FBI rereleased their study from the early 90s on ha fun wounding factors the .40 died too.

They dropped 10mm because it was expensive and useless, then thier own study came out and they saw just how useless 10mm is.