This prick said that "treating a gun as it's always loaded is stupid" because it shows you're not "in-tune" with your...

This prick said that "treating a gun as it's always loaded is stupid" because it shows you're not "in-tune" with your firearm.

I'm paraphrasing here but ya ...

Attached: blaha.jpg (900x900, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

genovapedia.org/blahapedia.html
youtube.com/watch?v=zJbXY9GKxB4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's not a literal rule it's a mindset and it works to instill constant vigilance about weapon safety. Fuck that guy.

Treating a gun as if it is always loaded is a stupid rule. If I check my gun three times and it isn't loaded then it isn't loaded. People always complain that my finger is on the trigger but if it isn't loaded then it doesn't matter. It's such a stupid rule and I'm sick of hearing people say it.

First ND incoming in 5...

>Treating a dangerous weapon like it isn't a dangerous weapon
Wew
that's like saying you arnt a true welder unless you weld without a mask on because it shows that your eyes are used to the UV rays

Fpbp
Take a guess who has had way less negligent discharges: the guy who treats his gun always loaded, or the guy that takes a guess

please no jason blaha threads. He built his youtube channel off of starting controversy. He's a tard

You can read more about how he "was in the special forces" and a lot of other funny stuff here genovapedia.org/blahapedia.html

Also are anyother Jow Forumsommandos also pisstroopers?

I make sure to never load my guns while at home, so I am very secure in knowing they'll never go off.

If you let yourself get into a habit of finger fucking your gun. Then you will finger fuck your gun at the worse possible time. It is not a rule that the gun is always loaded but a way of life that ensures you will never ND.

You know theirs a phrase I like to use in life "better safe than sorry" even if I know 100% that my rifles are unloaded I still treat them with respect as if they were. All it takes is one slip at the wrong time and you've accidentally killed someone, ruined others trust in you with firearms or if you're extremely lucky you have an extra hole in your room that you have to fix. I'm all for finger fucking my guns I sit at my desk with my rifles in my lap and messing with the bolts etc but I still stay cautious in the event that I overlooked something and 6 years of owning guns I've never had an ND

Oh shit I haven't seen a Blaha thread in almost a year.
Guys a joke and a fake.

>blahino being pants on head retarded
And water is wet. Hopefully he NDs but with his gun pointed to what little brains he has.

He also, claimed to be a CIAnigger or maybe even a SEAL PMC iirc. Maybe some people could get Don Shipley on his ass.

>*he also claimed
Unnecessary boomer comma

Unloaded guns are fucking dangerous.

>that Jow Forums thread where an user sent a bara from Grindr to his house

Attached: D5A96ECE-E2F6-45FD-821F-DE05FCE14626.jpg (332x358, 16K)

I learned this the hard way with my Mosin at 15. I got by with a beating from my dad and having to caulk the wall but luckily he didn’t sell it. I’ve been a sperg with muzzle/trigger discipline and clearing since.

Holy shit what a rabbit hole THAT was. WTF is this guy's problem? Narcissism
and compulsive lying? I'm more convinced than ever that bodybuilding is a mental illness.

This is why I always keep my guns loaded.

user, can you elaborate? this isn't like a dull knife here.

Yeah well that would seem like a big deal but he probably lives in a state where he can only shoot you ten times.

After the first one, it's like okay multiple shots is a problem. I think if he actually fucking shoots you, the ten rounds isn't going to make a difference or not. The first one counts, the other ones really aren't going to make a difference. It's not like he's going to shoot you ten times accidentally at once.

Very rarely is 1 shot enough to stop a threat.

Most spree killers die to one gun shot statistically.

People here are typically too low IQ to trust their own judgement, so they revert to being totally beholden to “ITS ALWAYS LOADED NO MATTER WHAT 100% OF THE TIME”. I’ve ever seen retards on YouTube use trigger safety when demonstrating stances with airsoft guns because “MUH DISCIPLINE”. As if you finger a fucking prop toy once you’ve broken some sacred taboo of the firearms community. What a joke.

Attached: 381B502E-9EED-4FFA-86BD-22A3DCF1FBAD.jpg (383x303, 17K)

Treating it like it's always loaded is a crutch for unsafe people that can't be assed to know the state of a firearm. If you can't be bothered to check your firearm you shouldn't be picking it up.

Wow, how dare him. Doesn’t he realize you can never fully unload a firearm? Even when disassembling and cleaning my glock I have the polymer frame locked into a vice pointed at an AR500 plate, the barrel separated and pointed downwards into a 7 ft thick sand bucket, and position myself behind atleast 2 inches of bulletproof glass.

I always pull the trigger pointing at the same wall in my house. I’m at about 10 rounds now that lodge somewhere in the brick. Wife hates it, but I think it’s fun as fuck never knowing if it’s gonna go off. Like playin Russian roulette but instead of my brains it’s the wall.

You always treat your firearm like it is loaded?
Yes always it's safety.
Do you clean your firearm?
Uh... yes?
So you clean a loaded firearm?
That's not what that means.
I'm sorry are you using a different definition of "always"?

Just because you know it's not loaded doesn't mean I do. If you flag me with your finger on the trigger and say "it's not loaded I checked :) " you're getting your ass kicked.

But if it's just you at home I don't give a fuck. Shoot your dog or something.

I would say when it comes to gun safety if you start forming bad habits, you might end up doing those bad habits when you're liable to fuck up majorly. Why would you think making good habits is a negative? You're the joke.

Being safety conscious and triple checking that a gun is unloaded before handling is normal behavior. Being a safety nazi who treats a gun as if it’s always loaded isn’t.

I’m tired of going to a gun shop and the guy over the counter having an autistic fit because I swept somebody across the store. I’m testing the gun you racked and gave me for how it functions with tense as fuck springs. Who gives a fuck if flagged someone’s toe while racking the slide and seeing how the trigger resets

Attached: DEC0E166-4F58-4BA8-8627-6ADEA756EDA3.jpg (543x537, 49K)

In reality the rule is "The gun is always loaded until you have proven otherwise" because otherwise handling guns would get just silly at times (you would never be able to take down a Glock without a clearing bucket if you autistically followed this rule). And there are situations where you either going to muzzle sweep someone or do some weird ass gymanstics to avoid it.
There is a reason the rules of gun handling have redundancy designed in to them; you have to fuck up several or fuck up at least one and have a freak occurrence to accidentally injure someone with a properly functioning firearm.
It gets dumbed down to "Always treat a gun as if it is loaded" because most people are fucking stupid.
Consider how many people on Jow Forums have NDs because of failed extractors or not physically or visually inspecting the chamber or "I swear I racked it twice" (forgetting they put in a magazine or otherwise managed to get or maintain a round in the chamber).
A lot of cunts are so carless and mentally unwilling to accept responsibility that would use the "until you have proven otherwise" part as a loophole to mentally absolve themselves of responsibility if they ND'd and learn nothing from the experience.
Basically these .

I have my own version of this rule that I think makes much more sense.

Any gun is loaded until I pick it up and triple check the chamber and the magazine, if both are empty then the gun can be treated as unloaded for cleaning, dry fire practice or whatever. The gun becomes loaded again as soon as it leaves my hand.

This way the rule can be followed 100% with no confusing situations like . Since the gun has to be checked every time I pick it up, there's no possibility of NDing it was left loaded on accident. Keep in mind other rules of safety still apply though, so pointing an unloaded gun at other people is still a no no.

>I’m tired of going to a gun shop and the guy over the counter having an autistic fit because I swept somebody across the store.
You're retarded. Other people don't necessarily know whether your gun is loaded or not. The act of pointing your gun at someone can be rightly interpreted as an attempt on their lives. Stop doing that before someone shoots you.

>Blaha thread
Someone post the part where he jump cuts his draw to either cover up his fuck up or seem faster than he is.

Attached: recoil-mag-cover-voda.jpg (610x716, 92K)

>The act of pointing your gun at someone can be rightly interpreted as an attempt on their lives. Stop doing that before someone shoots you.

People like you are what turn people off from gun ownership. If you seriously don’t expect to be flagged at a gun shop or gun show, then you probably haven’t been to very many. Especially if you think someone should interpret someone handling a gun they’re about to buy at a gun store as an attempt on that person’s life and justified in pulling their carry. That’s just fucking stupid

Attached: DC645645-7D0F-43BA-922D-C430A7820995.jpg (283x317, 22K)

Treat every gun as it’s loaded until you made sure it isn’t. Jeez, is this complicated?

>People like you are what turn people off from gun ownership.
I would say it's retards like you who point guns at other people.

>Especially if you think someone should interpret someone handling a gun they’re about to buy at a gun store as an attempt on that person’s life and justified in pulling their carry.
You're pointing a gun at someone. If that's not reason enough to pull your carry out then I don't know what is. Every time someone doesn't it's because they are giving you the benefit of the doubt and just assume you are a fucking retard, which is correct.

This attitude is why an IFAK is now a standard component of the kit I take on every range trip.

This, 4 rules are for double digit IQ peasantoids, new shooters and people whose parents are related

youtube.com/watch?v=zJbXY9GKxB4

Did he think no one would notice?

Attached: 1468816250933.jpg (238x231, 9K)

You can point it up or down you know? No need to flag people ever

Any study of shootings i;ve ever seen shows this to be a very common phenomena. Something like 30-40% of DGUs involve just one shot. Statistically speaking the most likely outcomes for common handgun calibers are:
1. 1 shot is fired.(30-40%)
2. 3 or 4 shots are fired.(average # of rounds fired outside of 1 is 3.something)
Muzzling somebody is lazy bullshit thats not OK regardless. Its rare for somebody to know FOR SURE that the gun you're muzzling them with is unloaded and even if they do it's a rude as fuck thing to do. Having a gun pointed at you if you've ever used one or had one used on/at you has a tendency to cut right through the thinking part of the brain and poke the monkey part with a sharp stick of "immediate mortal fear". It's about as ok as waving around a stage knife all willy nilly at people because "duh i know it's fake".

>Did he think no one would notice?
Maybe, some of his subscribers aren't watching his videos ironically

You can’t even properly do the silly fucking mental gymnastics required to make your point. Just goes to show how retarded you people are. Imagine always treating a car as if it could accelerate into a wall at 100mph even if the engine block and wheels are removed. Go fuck yourself, clown.

Attached: 3CDBE479-3B46-452B-81A6-CFF9B1E7EB56.jpg (310x310, 68K)

ITS ALWAYS LOADED ALL THE TIME! WHEN I WALK INTO A GUN STORE I REALIZE EVERY GUN ON THE SHELF IS ACTIVELY MUZZLING THOUSANDS OF PEOPLES FOR MILES ON END. YOU CANT UNLOAD A GUN.

he's shaped like a potato.
i don't trust anyone with that body type.

do some cardio, potato-man

Attached: 1514131359824.jpg (1000x868, 336K)

Is this a fit thread now?

>people giving vague advice on the internet
god damn chudd huckers get out of my cookie kitchen

Attached: 1496213909508.jpg (360x280, 19K)

Order 66 the piss lord Jason Genova still hasn't lifted his ban on Jason Blahino

Complete moron but that's what steroids do
He's a spaz and so are you, shit like this attacks spazs like 9rk attacts incels

The Monster,the Alpha male.

Attached: the_monster.png (960x536, 546K)

If you're in tune with your firearm, you'll treat it as if it's loaded.

Because you keep it loaded.

When you unload it, you still treat it as loaded.

When you offer a firearm, you expect the person accepting it to check the weapon

When you get it back, you check the chamber.

When you hold it, you aim it in a safe direction, regardless of its status.

You don't grab a knife by the blade; You keep the edge sharp. You don't take the guard off of a grinder, because you bought it for power. You don't trim the wick of an M80, because you need all the fuse you can get.

And you don't aim a firearm (empty or not) at something you don't want to destroy.

Muh stolen valor

Attached: Capture+_2018-12-26-20-03-33.png (1438x2268, 780K)

>That's our boy Hemingway!
I remember hearing about him operating as a mercenary. Does he still do YouTube?

Attached: Capture+_2018-12-26-20-04-28.png (1439x1914, 795K)

With the hobby of gun ownership this level of autism is pretty much a necessity. Gun owners have so many rules and rituals and obsessive behaviors it puts the Sonic fandom to shame.

The distinction is that someone's Sonic OC doesn't result in a sucking chest wound when someone handles it carelessly.

Ritual is important. Japanese industry has a concept called Poka Yoka, which means designing your procedures so that you cannot proceed without the proper steps taken. In the absence of a closed environment, you have to materialize your own guards.

So you ingrain inherently safe behavior into your routine. Your finger is off the trigger, you're pointing a safe direction, and you always assume someone failed to clear the chamber.

Because it costs you nothing, and the perfect storm of poor handling and bad luck can be all but ignored if you never are in a position where bad luck or poor handling can impact the outcome.

>People here are typically too low IQ to trust their own judgement
nice dumbs you deserve a rare pepe

I think so. His girl was doing makeup for some conservative radio show and fitmisc got her fired.

can he be saved, bros?

Attached: 1428616412163.png (596x606, 828K)

ALRIGHT Jow Forums
SAFETY CHECK

Attached: 1519720417062.jpg (3489x3285, 1.66M)

Potato-shaped man make stupid opinion
Potato-shaped man BAD

Attached: Make It Big (Phone).jpg (707x936, 165K)

COKEMAN

>you don't take your guard off your angle grinder
>t. Clipboard warrior
Stay in your office when the boys are actually. And no fuck off, you don't need safety equipment for fucking wd40 and varsol.

Do you want me to guess how many fingers you have?

You're the kinda fucker that means I gotta type up no-brainer shit like "Don't attach a 6 inch sawblade to a 3.5 inch angle grinder"

You fucking brainlets who disrespect the equipment you so casually cockslap because a friend of a friend told you how you can get X machine to do Y and Z... As long as you throw out the manual and ignore every instance of best practices on the planet.

You know. Best practices... Like not pointing your fucking gun at shit.

Look at this fag, reading manuals? Really?

Wonder if he's still here

I hope that when you inevitably have an ND you only manage to kill yourself instead of another person you fucking troglodyte.

speaking in absolutes is always stupid

>this fucking clipboard warrior
Look, you can type up your blogpost and send it to corporate so they can jerk off about it at a meeting. The real men have real work with real deadlines.

there's 2 kinds of people

people who ND and people who don't

The people who say firearms safety rules are stupid also the kind of people who say ND's are an inevitable part of gun ownership.

Safe work is fast work Mongo. When you fuck up your hand, you also fuck up my machines and my products.

And when you ND because you're too "smart" to need to keep your booger hook off the bang switch, you fuck up my hobby and my rights.

Do me the small favor of figuring some way to live a long life without shooting yourself or anyone else.

>all these implications
You're the fuckers who come to down to the shop, ask for a knife and stab yourself opening a box. 2 weeks later we can't have a knife and gotta use those shitty safety shits. It's not our fault you idiots don't know how to use tools, stay in your office. Us stools know our tools.

I hate this subject. because it's always a bunch of niggers saying that it's okay to point guns at people in circumstances that aren't utterly prohibitive of "proper" muzzle discipline as described in the intentionally impractical and redundant ten commandments of firearms safety and then a bunch of niggers who want to be the most stultifying niggers of all time and wonder why the community turns people off when they're the first one that people are introduced to and they sperg out because someone dared act like the empty weapon that everyone who's touched in the last thirty seconds has checked and fingered at least five times to ensure that it is empty is empty. SERIOUSLY, EAT SHIT!

>people overly concerned with meaningful redundant safety procedures are really the ones who have accidents
>people who live by "just don't make any mistakes and it'll be ok" are really the ones who don't have accidents
Jesus, this literally doesn't hold true in any facet of life, it's truly mind boggling how people manage to convince themselves that this is realistic once a tool that they're emotionally invested in becomes the subject matter.

Except that's true if you just looked up from your clip board. Just because you autistically go through safety procedure for the 3 minutes you go to use grinder to debur something. Doesn't mean the guys who use that thing every day need your check list. We do it for a living, we know exactly what is safe and what isn't.

Oh woe is me; you trusted a suit.

I know you know your fucking tools. That's why it's so baffling when you know the damn thing isn't meant for the task, and you're too damn complacent to do it properly.

I'd much rather leave you guys to it, but turns out, automation is cheaper than insurance and workman's comp.

None of this changes the fact that every time you have an avoidable accident, you fuck with everyone around you, especially when it comes to firearms. We should have fucking zero NDs. Barring that, every ND should put a neat hole in something worthless and unimportant, because you had half the presence of mind to keep the way clear.

You would never put yourself in the path of an functional machine, why would you ever put the machine's path on you? A gun is just a very angry broach at its core.

Yo shutup

Gun is always loaded until I've made sure it's not. Still wouldn't go pointing it at people.

If I was working H+S in your company. I would advise your boss to fire you.

If you think the safety procedures are needlessly rigorous, I'd be more than willing to discuss it with the management.

If you are choosing to ignore them out of a self-righteous sense of competence, you're the most dangerous man on the floor.

Every tool is capable of every task it can physically handle and its operator can make it do. Funny you talk about automation, seeing as everytime a new system is in place you guys get laid off while we get a new John or Bradley to fix it with a 60s hardinge. Why do you keep bringing up guns, you're the idiots with no self awareness. Your safety procedures are only useful for you.

Yea Yea, can it, you don't even know what's up in the shop half the year. Once you've done my job you can come and give me tips, until you stay out of our shop and we stay out of your office.

t. Never worked in a shop or in trade.
Safety regulations slow down the work flow on already tight deadlines and are regularly ignored to a certain extent. Common sense is the biggest denominator on what's smart and stupid and natural selection tends to run its course on what's stupid not to follow

Exhibit A on why the safety guy doesn't go to the office party.

Keep doing it your way. I get to write it all up in a pretty packet and it becomes another powerpoint for your kids to remember you by.

No. Do you think that redundant safety procedures are a basic facet of making any dangerous activity safer for no reason? Look at literally any dangerous occupation or tasks evolution over time, that's literally the most basic of approaches for improving safety. Do you think that plummeting incidents of accidents just so happen to occur at the same time due to some sort of black magic? You're literally arguing that something being easier to fuck up instead of harder to fuck up doesn't make it easier to fuck up. We're on basic logic levels at this point, the only kind of person who'd argue that is a literal retard or some sort of man child so emotionally invested in his idea of his personal superiority that he considers any sort of suggestion that he might be "normal" as a personal insult so severe that he makes broad generalisations of the everyman based on it.

That's some 8th grad shit right there.

save the ments
fuck off

How fucking else are you supposed to disassemble and clean them

If it's verified safe it's safe, take the bitch apart, who cares if the muzzle is sideways and pointing at your neighbors you just took the fucking bolt out

You check to see if it's clear. You then take it apart.

When the slide and barrel are on opposite sides of a table, you're pretty damn sure there's not a bullet in the chamber.

Now how else are you supposed to transport it in a case or holster, or sling, etc

Like I said. Natural selection I've never had a coworker get hurt because we respect the basic common sense and realizing what's stupid to do and what's stupid bullshit, it also helps to not hire idiots

Most people I know who browsed Jow Forums before 2014 have left long ago. Jow Forums is almost Jow Forums tier bad these days, and the majority of the posts I read are identical to posts you'd find on arfcom or fagbook.
Social media invaders ruined Jow Forums.

Jow Forums has fallen pretty far.

you think it's social media but in reality the userbase remained the same and just got older and more normie as life went on

it's the same bunch of slavaboos and stalker larpers as before but with full time jobs and kids.

This thread is proof enough. Jow Forums used to joke about things like "NICE TRIGGER DISCIPLINE FAGBOT" but wouldn't spend a whole thread sperging out about how unsafe using a slide stop is or if an unloaded gun is actually unloaded or not. Now, it's full of mouthbreathing subhumans who learned things a single way and who have attractions to stupid mantras and will violently lose their shit if someone does something a different way than they were told.

No way fag. Jow Forums has pretty clearly had its population replaced by far stupider people than have historically hung out here, and that's saying something.

Not really, more just lurking because there's no actual conversation to be had with zoomer posters who don't have fuck to say but have to post anyway.
>and look, I'm posting now!

You check to see if it's clear, then you package it.

When you take it out, you check to see if it's clear.

It's not some Zen Koan. It's instilling a simple behavior that virtually eliminates the chances of an ND. Whenever you gain possession of a firearm, treat it as loaded. Once you've confirmed its status, continue to handle it as if it was loaded, so you don't get into the habit of being careless with it.

Because you keep it fucking loaded.

Excessive lead exposure has not done them any favors. Especially those guys that shoved ammo up their asses.

Tell me your unique, alternative handling scheme to avoid AD and ND incidents.

You know. The incidents that mostly occur because people keep their fingers on the controls or handle firearms without being conscious of their orientation and status.

>It's not a literal rule

Attached: 4.rules.jpg (620x349, 39K)

Did you respond to the wrong post or are you trying to prove his point?

Look, if not shoving a bullet up my neighbor's ass is being a subhuman mouthbreather, I want more subhuman mouthbreathers on Jow Forums.

While we're on that, I have a very simple question: What's the purpose of being "relaxed" about these safety rules?

What do you gain by being careless with your muzzle and not checking your chamber?