/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

USAF Edition

LIEING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
LIEING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = THEY KNOW
>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
No.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

CG info
gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

ASVAB for Dummys
mega.nz/#!XuhSWQgb!ycwEyBz1J-DZx_GOsAxmSQCduAImNuzTRswqfRb-x-w

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Previous

Attached: 882B1954-21FE-4279-8FDD-48F4793D908A.jpg (750x421, 301K)

>spending the next 5 years as a dental assistant
Not too bad I suppose, hope I don’t get memed on by the GI bill. Wonder what Spain is like.

Attached: B646BCCA-7985-41DA-AE38-296974B80590.jpg (381x381, 62K)

I plan on joining a combat arms mos in the army. Will being an agreeable, but strongly intoverted person affect my experience?

Attached: 1542686823000.jpg (600x444, 82K)

So guys, what really IS the deal with airline food?

Stay away from infantry unless you enjoy cutting grass or scrubbing shitters.

Attached: david.jpg (1257x683, 92K)

Combat arms in the army will turn you into a literal manchild and an alcohol at the same time.

>Will being an agreeable, but strongly intoverted person affect my experience?
Yes. I mean, it will suck one way or the other, but the combat arms are full of Ooh-rah Alpha types. The quiet ones never do well.

Did you ever find out if you can be a hygienist?

I reviewed my shit another time, 5 years in as dental assistant (with active duty) and 3 years as a part of the individual ready reserve. $2000 extra for it all. Guess I can’t get too mad about it though, sure as hell could have been a lot worse and my potentially dumbass signed that shit and swore in.

So you can't reclass or is it a completely different job?

I suppose it’s still possible, just unlikely. Though I’m not too salty about it, dental assistant doesn’t look too bad and even on a carrier I don’t think I’d be busting my ass off over stupid shit wondering what I’m doing with my life. Really I wanted hygienist because I read that you would also qualify for that outside of the Navy as well, but whatever.

Which mos is "fly helicopter"

O9W is the heli pilot for army

Its kind of too late to reconsider at this point. Any tips for me in this case?

Is that pretty tough

Yes, being a pilot isn't easy. that's why there is a massive shortage on the civilian market

Any tips

get gud kid

welp

time to be a pilot. Only section really holding me back on the AFOQT is the aviation info rn

You'll be fine, it's more important to be good at your job and to have a good work ethic than it is to be a type A party animal. People will respect you more for the former than the latter by far.
t. introvert weeb in the infantry

Very well

Out of curiosity, what’s liberty like for corpsman, specifically ones that are blueside and not on a ship? Is it pretty much just doing what you would do in the civilian world only on a base and in uniform?

I'm not Apply first, get the ball rolling because it can take some time. Learn along the way, do what it takes to get in, and then grind hard until you get your wings. It is so fucking worth it.

"Time to get into graduate math school but I'm having trouble with the math part of the GMAT"
Looks like I'm looking at a food services officer

Honestly are there any real job possibilities if I go 11xx in the Marines? Leaning towards OCS with my college degree(stupid, I know) I've done plenty of sales and feel comfortable moving back into it afterwards but does infantry count for anything? Anything at all?

Attached: goals1.jpg (540x720, 94K)

No, don't be a retard.

To the civilian market, not at all. I’m biased, but go Officer to do Infantry or Intel. At least that way your resume has leadership or a specific skill set when you decide to get out.

But I am. Help me frenn.

Attached: 1513992753797.png (638x359, 247K)

Intel certainly piques my interest and I already have plenty of leadership shit to put down on my resume but my pride says no to being a pog. Easy to swallow tho, I've done it before, part of them leadership skills

Intel isn't going to be easy to get into, don't count on it. If you're then know that infantry officers end up as managers on the outside. You should try to get your Masters paid for in the service if you intend to stay more than the minimum, but otherwise just do your time and cash in that veteran's preference. You'll make good money and suck less dick than if you enlist, ESPECIALLY as 11xx. I would not advise anyone to enlist in the Marines, wartime or not. Honestly dude, look at other branches, CG, Navy, AF, Army all offer some neat programs (though Army will probably toss you into infantry as well)

Seriously, you are wasting your time if you enlist unless you are going to mustang up and want to learn your trade better. You are better off going straight Officer if you are on the fence.

Try paying your student loans on PFC pay and tell me how much is left over afterwards.

Attached: A4864C9B-2E9E-49E7-8603-A06D26F7788F.jpg (640x474, 70K)

Yeah enlistment isn't really in the picture. I don't mind getting really good at it and if I love it, fucking great, I don't mind staying longer, but if it fails it'll blow up in face. What's worse is that my degree is basically 'glorified manager' so i don't even know what my masters would be but I'm already rocking that job. Intel sounds up my alley tho

Could someone explain why anyone in the USAF would brag about being in the USAF if they aren't a pilot or one of the 160 men in AFSOC?

Attached: US Airman Charged with Trying to Join ISIS.jpg (600x400, 34K)

>or one of the 160 men in AFSOC?
CCT has around 350
TACP- 1100
SOWT-200
DAGRE-200
PJ-300
I want to be an ATC in the USAF tho

Because it’s military benefits with the least amount of military obligation.

Why are all the US enlisted who try and join ISIS old fucks with the ranks of people 5 years younger than them?

I ain't finished looking over the material yet.

Attached: 1519604405669.gif (375x210, 3.45M)

Because it's the hardest branch to get into, it's coveted by every other service.

they won the game of life and are objectively more successful and intelligent than anyone in any other branch

Why would anyone ever brag about being in the service?

>hardest branch to get into
no

How many flight hours you got, cadet

Lol it has the highest ASVAB requirements, the most stringent job requirements, the longest waiting list, the pickiest recruiters. How long have you worked in USAF recruiting?

The problem with bragging is that there's always someone who can deflate your shit pretty easily, no matter how high you climb.

>Fighter pilot
Oh boy, I bet you really had all you could handle with the Taliban's air force
>Bomber pilot
Couldn't cut it as a fighter pilot?
>Tanker/Transport pilot
Bus driver of the clear skies
>Drone pilot
Do you stream your missions on Twitch?
>AFSOC
Were the SEALs full that day?
>SEALs
Well, not everyone can be in DEVGRU, I guess

Only 2.5 so far. I'm referring to the FAA Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge at this time.

>Lol it has the highest ASVAB requirements
a 36

> the most stringent job requirements
they're almost the same between branches

>the longest waiting list
because they only have 1 base for basic

Generally speaking how dumb would it be to finish enlisted shit, use GI bill for a bachelors, then try to commission as an officer to further studies?

I'm 29 years old with 2 degrees and can't get a job. lol. I have a history of exercised induced asthma but I think I could probably train past it if I wanted to. But people have been court martialed or even imprisoned for lying to MEPS if it turns out they're in shit shape...

Attached: 1544050841913.jpg (3456x5184, 1.5M)

Just go through ROTC dude

>EIB
You're fucked dude, find a job elsewhere
Also nice milkers

Afraid it’s too late for that lad, already swore in.

The recruiters are very dodgy so to speak, but it is not the hardest branch to get into

Army OCS. AMA

Can anyone here give me a quick rundown on navy intel officer?

I would recommend trying to head straight to an Academy but you're obviously too stupid to get in

Well if my dick sucking skills were adequate enough I wouldn’t be going in as enlisted, would I.

>a 36
yeah coast guard got 40, airforce is still highest between other branches, so what is your point ?
highest = not cos i said so ?

>they're almost the same between branches
a generic shit like armys 46Q is almost the same across the board an interesting shit is way harder tho and so i don't get your point as it is as easy to be a pencil pusher everywhere but why would you ?

> because they only have 1 base for basic

and it clearly got the capacity as job availability is the problem no lack of training place and even if it would it would still make airforce longer to get into so what was your point again ?

you can still do ROTC when you're doing your Bachelors when you attend university with your GI Bill, I think

Anyone else going to rasp soon?
Anyone been through and know what it's like these days? I hear the training curriculum has changed recently since the regiment has different needs.

What job are you going for? If the cards are right, that is.

Is it better to join straight out of college or does it not matter if I wait a year or two before deciding to sign up
I'm not doing any ROTC shit and almost out so that's why I'm asking

Attached: Royal Air force pilot haircut.jpg (650x880, 71K)

That would be the plan. Use it for bachelors, then commission to advance. Assuming I’m still interested that is.

>why do people who hate their lives and feel like losers join terrorist groups?

Apparently, this Royal Navy pilot is going to the SFTI program (TOPGUN), in the US. How often do foreign aviators go do this?

They desire meaning in their lives. These places offer them meaning of a sort. If they die, they'll be remembered by their new brothers and/or the users of whatever internet forum they posted on.

>the hardest branch to get into
that's not the coast guard

I've been in the U.S. Army for 4 years. Only do this if you want alcoholism and depression. AMA.

Attached: frog man is dissapointed.png (640x628, 328K)

what mos and do you think you'd feel the same if you had a different one

Should have put in for warrant. Your loss. Hope you didn't combine the enlisted lifestyle with a marriage, otherwise you are asking to get memed on by life.

Why is it so bad in the Army?

Attached: 1519615400062.png (672x348, 199K)

Awww what did jody do this time

I dunno man
I've seen the day to day of ground crew stuck at the deid...fuck that shit, i have an easier life as an army pog

You're almost out man, hold on. When you get out, you'll get your dick sucked (literally and figuratively) by so many people. When you EAS take a few months off from life, you won't be able to adjust any faster. Keep waking up early, keep running, keep eating, just keep that rhythm and everything else will sort itself out mentally. Good luck dude, finish this shit out and earn that first beer as a civilian.

I'm not fishing for (You)s but anyone able to tell me more about Intel? I'm looking more shit up now so I'm not looking for spoon-feeding

I'm a rarer 35 series MOS. I don't regret my MOS choice one bit. If you go in I highly suggest 35 series.
I lived in the B's the whole time unmarried.
Mainly living conditions where I am at and how I am treated as well as bullshit field exersises/JRTC rotations.
I'm single and have been whole enlistment.

What MOS fren? I’ll get you some aspirin.
t. corpsman
Pretty sure it’s universal that grunts deal with more unnecessary shit than non grunts, whether you’re an 11b infantryman or AF ground crew.
So you’re intel? Always thought you guys were cush. What’s wrong with the barracks?

>enlist then commission

Should have just commissioned if that's your goal, it'll take longer and it'll hurt your chances unless you're applying to certain positions that require experience that is hard to get outside. Get ready to be called grandpa and expected to take on more leadership duties than your Cpl, PO, Sgt, whoever the fuck wipes your battlebuddies' asses.

I pity you man, but at the same time you are smart enough and old enough to max out what you can gain from the military. Get those certs and shake hands with the right people. My cousin enlisted in the Marines with a bachelors and, after a whole lot of suck, he is married, has a fucking nice house with a massive backyard, awesome managerial position, and nothing but respect from everyone that meets him. IV that fucking Koolaid like it's methadone, wean yourself off of whatever weakness led you to be such a sorry fucking recruit, and come out of it as a name taker and a pussy slayer.

Also, hydrate.

took the OPAT today, I thoguht it would be a lot harder than it was

Yeah I'm in the Intel field. In a BCT it is anything but cush. Yeah, we might get treated a little better than our Infantry counterparts but it can still be miserable at times, especially when the Mico has to stay out at an FTX for 20 days and the maneuver companies only stay for 5. In an actual Intel unit it is cush as fuck. It is luck of the draw pretty much on if you get assigned and really how well you'll be treated.

Intel as an officer is spooky shit, I'm Navy so all I know is acceptance is 3-5% and those guys always get the cush fucking gigs in the 202 but they need to take Vitamin D because they don't get any sunlight. Sounds like might have more info, but that's Army and idk if it's much different than what Navy does.

>OPAT
That's the new fitness test the Army's doing aint it? How fun was it

Figured I’d have to bust my ass a little more, but at the same time a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. Dentistry/physician/other med stuff ain’t cheap and although I’d love to get all of that squared away as a petty officer with a bachelors that most likely won’t be the case. That being said if I can’t get ROTC for whatever reason then so be it, at least I’d get a hopefully mostly free bachelors from it all.

no the new test is the AFCT or some shit
I legit never heard of the OPAT before yesterday when my recruiter told me to come take it, I psyched myself out thinking it would be hard.

I think I entirely misread what you said, I thought you already had your degree. If you're just enlisting to get a degree, then you're like half of everyone else that's joining. Good route, go ahead and do it. Still focus on making yourself the best you can be, but you'll be getting less shit for it if you're just another dude off the street.

What rate/MOS are you going for?

If you're Army, then look at Green to Gold

Corpsman, and I’m banking on doing well in DEP/boot camp so that way I can get up to E-2/E-3 before I’m even an official sailor. And you bet your goddamn ass I would not be doing that shit if I already had a degree, but maybe this could let me know if I should stay in medical or go into something like engineering. Also got some extra school with a bonus guaranteed as well, which is nice.

HM is good dude, but forget about breaking past PO3 these days. Make that E3 if you can, but you have no fucking excuse not to hit E2. You'll enjoy your job, especially if you go FMF, you'll go to some odd places during your 5 years in and you might not get the chance to do as many college courses as a lazyfuck YN, but you should absolutely get some credits when you're stateside. Bank on getting an associates, but you can always shoot for more. Get those certs and massage those prostates after you hand out your daily supply of Motrin and fresh socks. Dentistry is a meme, you can just do it on the outside. Other roles are pretty good, if you decide to stay in the medical industry then I would look at something like radiology or physiotherapy (just my inclination, you do what you like if that looks boring)

As for what to do after you finish your contract, you should leave but don't fall for the PA hype that everyone else will encourage you to get in on. It's an alright gig, but you're going to go to college and get a better degree... right? So go do something you want to do. You are in good shape, saved up loads of dosh, so cash in. Good luck doc, you're joining a large part of the Navy that made the right choice going in as HM.

I'm interested in flying helicopters for the Army. Can anybody tell me about the downsides of it so I don't go jumping into a shit job?

Will I be goofed on for Juuling? I hate cigarettes and dipping.

Leaving for the Corps in January btw

>the downsides
massive amount of boredom when you're not flying

Thanks. Funnily enough I originally wanted either gunners mate/fire controlman or something IT related, but colorblindness shot that out of the sky. As a sort of backup I fought for an HM position for a few hours and I got some neat little bonuses on top of it, so I’d say not too bad. And I have heard and read about how much bloat corpsman has, so all the more reason to do well at boot. I do plan on being as much of a penny pincher as possible too, want those 5 years to have some merit and whatnot.

Attached: 63da79919f79b62abeb2460cef742bda.png (477x676, 432K)

>flying helicopters for the Army

Commissioned or warrant? WOFT can be tough but you'll be spending half your time flying, whereas an officer has officer-related shit to do. You'll still be doing work-ups, paperwork, and the regular ballbusting and hounding, but warrant is where you want to be if you just want to fly. If you want to lead, make more cash, and stay in beyond your minimum, then commission.

Helo pilots get some nice work outside, I'd take a look at oil rigs and fire departments as examples, though corporate is the cream of the crop. Airline companies are paying to retrain helo guys to fly the big boys, so while that may change when you get out, you are more than likely eligible for the same flight opportunities as C-130 pilots, though they will obviously be first pick. Biggest downside is being in the Army, base locations suck and it can be boring. Looks like deployments are going to wind down so you're going to be doing a lot of training with the potential for no "action", but you'll still deploy. You'll like your job more than most guys in the Army do, but if you commission, be prepared to get an appallingly low amount of hours compared to your dimension-sliding warrant co-workers.

What sounds cooler, General, or Admiral, or Marshal?

Sad, fat, pale, and surrounded by high functioning aspergers folks on the daily. Don’t do it.

Boredom in what sense? Will I have a bunch of makework and stupid shit to do in the in betweens or will I be relatively left to my own devices? I'm pretty good at entertaining myself.

I was going to buck for officer to try and make more cash, but I don't really mind being a warrant or anything. I just need something to do, and my career prospects coming out of college with my degree are meh. I'm prior service, and I don't think I'd mind being in again.

Pinch stateside but, if you're with Marines, show some Navy hospitality, your primary goal is to earn their respect. If you always have their back, those guys will be willing to give their lives for you, but if you shrug them off too many times, they might just consider you to be dead weight, and dead weight gets left behind. When you deploy, you better enjoy it, don't miss out on the best parts of the Navy. Those other rates are cool, but they have some serious downsides (notably, SWOdomy), whereas your biggest downside is the paperwork and rotdick. Stand out and it'll make a world of difference, most sailors get kind of lazy once they hit HM3.

>coveted
No people just make fun of them. Their amenities are great but culture is laughable.

I see you're just some random kid. Neat

>Will I have a bunch of makework and stupid shit to do in the in betweens
in training

> will I be relatively left to my own devices? I'm pretty good at entertaining myself.
once you complete training