I have access to a Roland MDX-540 mill that I don't have to pay for machine time on...

I have access to a Roland MDX-540 mill that I don't have to pay for machine time on. How expensive would it be to make a handgun with it? Has anyone here had any experience doing this?

Attached: download.jpg (204x247, 8K)

That would take forever. Steel parts would need very small light cuts.

Time is not a limiting factor for me because all I have to pay for is materials.

>I dont have to pay for
>how much would it cost

Attached: Screenshot_20181217-162030_Chrome.jpg (1440x2560, 743K)

I don't have to pay for machine time fucktard, there are still other expenses to consider.

>I don't have to pay for machine time on
Reading comprehension, ahmed.

Sure, but how do we know which ones you do and don't have to pay for?

Do you own precision measuring tools or do you need to buy those?
Do you own your raw materials already or do you need to buy those?
Do you have 3D models of the parts or do you need to hire someone to make those for you?
Do you have G-code or do you need to buy software or hire someone to make that for you?
Do you have enough cutting tools to make the parts in question?
for that matter, have you even decided on which gun you want to make and have even a GUESS as to any of this?

And if the answer is no, why do you expect us to know that if you don't?

Get out, big brain

The only thing I have to pay for is materials.

>Duckduckgo on a chrome browser
Boomers.

OK, so what's the problem?
>you have a design in mind, apparently
>find a piece of metal slightly larger than needed for each part, remember to include enough extra for workholding
>if your plan requires material for soft jaws to hold parts then don't forget to account for that too.
>make list. add up.

If you need a good source for small-size pieces of various materials then I can recommend www.mcmaster.com . They can't compete on price per weight, but they are willing to sell small quantities that you'll never get from the big metals suppliers.

Not op but in the same situation
How much in steel would it cost to make a new p.08 luger in 9mm?

Attached: kld1LdS.jpg (793x480, 28K)

probably about $50 or so

Question 2
Would it be sound to shoot?
Also are there any patents i don't know of for the p08 if i decide to sell them later with my ffl

>are there any patents on a 100 year old gun
Jesus fucking Christ.

well, given that you'll also need a lathe, surface plate, inspection tools, surface grinder, tooling and chamber ream, barrel blank, heat treat oven, blueing supplies, and CAD files, pins, springs, screws, taps and dies, files and stones, rockwell hardness tester or equivalent, and some nice pieces of 4140, 416, 11L14, 17-4PH, or 1144 steel, figure about $15k at least.

Attached: IMG_5288.jpg (972x648, 67K)

>being buttmad about a guy possibly selling a >$10000 .45 lugette

Attached: tf2winter0.jpg (798x1100, 547K)

>implying I'm going to be upset about someone clearly too dumb to understand how patents work.
You're not making shit, post a single gun you've already made.

Suck my fat cock i dont have to prove shit nigger

Attached: 44e2ad2d-b022-420b-8a86-3bb70f8ba371_1.196157dd54dff6ae6deb5ab32797c28d.jpg (282x282, 11K)

>Would it be sound to shoot?
That depends entirely on your workmanship, and is easy enough to figure out by doing a proof test. How good are your machining and heat treating skills?

Lol, you ain't nothing but a Larping buster.

>machining and heat treating skills
I've been milling rifle receivers for 5 years, just trying to get into lugers
Okay faggot, show me your setup cock tickler

Make a 1911 receiver. Fill in the other parts by buying.

>I've been milling recievers for 5 years
And yet you can't post a single one.
>I don't have to prove shit, you do!
LOL.

It'd be about 3k plus tooling and materials, but once you make the initial investment, a Bridgeport is worth it's weight in cast iron

Funny I know because you're not milling fuck and all with a glorified mini mill you mouth breathing mongoloid, and if you even had the skill set to even operate the fucking Roland, you'd know better and have the technical knowledge to know what you'd best be able to do with it

What's with all these fucking threads lately about idiots with no manufacturing experience?

Buy a fucking bridgeport

>No space
Buy a hous
>No money
Get a job
>Can't get a job
Stop worrying about doing sketchy shit with guns and fucking get off your ass

It's a couple Grand at your local tech to learn bare minimum manual milling, operating a lathe, a CNC machine, doing CAD work and doing maintenance on the machinery
3 maybe 4 grand at most

Now fuck off

>worth it's weight in cast iron
wouldn't that mean it's fucking worthless

Its a double entendre. Cast Iron is not worth a lot but at the same time the bridgeport is heavy as fuck.

Ur dum